Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Weekly Q&A [Closed]
1 2 ... 117 118 119 120 121 ... 753 754
So if dragons can't learn other elemental magics, could they learn to use their natural magic to find circumvent that? For example, could a Lightning dragon use fire magic by lighting something on fire with lightning? Or a could Nature dragon growing plants that create disease be considered using plague magic? Would this still considered the original type of magic? Maybe "faking" other magics
So if dragons can't learn other elemental magics, could they learn to use their natural magic to find circumvent that? For example, could a Lightning dragon use fire magic by lighting something on fire with lightning? Or a could Nature dragon growing plants that create disease be considered using plague magic? Would this still considered the original type of magic? Maybe "faking" other magics
tumblr_o2ilyxI7uT1ucwwlqo2_400.png
What is the average size for every dragon breed here? If there is of course
What is the average size for every dragon breed here? If there is of course
U.D.A.T
I have a number of questions this week -

Lore:
Do the dragons of Sornieth have an equivalent concept to that of Hell? Since, canonically, exaltation is considered the greatest honor a dragon can achieve, it could be interpreted as a Heaven. So, does its counterpart exist?

We've got the Wintermane herds of centaurs, and the Dunhoof allies. Why are the Painted Centaur and the Centaur Archer not identified by their herd?

Site:
(I don't know how to phrase this one without sounding aggressive or sarcastic, but please know I don't mean it that way! I'm only curious.) Could you explain the logic behind labeling the dragon sexes as genders? As they're two different things, and the community here on Flight Rising is very accepting and open about nonstandard sexes and genders, it bothers me that the dragon sexes are mislabeled, even though I'm a cisgender female. Using the correct terminology helps foster understanding, acceptance, and change; I would hope that the staff of Flight Rising feel the same way.

With the site rewrite, will the lag on achievement granting be fixed? With the level cap on Gathering being bumped to 30, will there be achievements for getting to the new cap, since we've got achievements for Levels 10 and 20? Is the Chain of Fools achievement able to be gotten?
I have a number of questions this week -

Lore:
Do the dragons of Sornieth have an equivalent concept to that of Hell? Since, canonically, exaltation is considered the greatest honor a dragon can achieve, it could be interpreted as a Heaven. So, does its counterpart exist?

We've got the Wintermane herds of centaurs, and the Dunhoof allies. Why are the Painted Centaur and the Centaur Archer not identified by their herd?

Site:
(I don't know how to phrase this one without sounding aggressive or sarcastic, but please know I don't mean it that way! I'm only curious.) Could you explain the logic behind labeling the dragon sexes as genders? As they're two different things, and the community here on Flight Rising is very accepting and open about nonstandard sexes and genders, it bothers me that the dragon sexes are mislabeled, even though I'm a cisgender female. Using the correct terminology helps foster understanding, acceptance, and change; I would hope that the staff of Flight Rising feel the same way.

With the site rewrite, will the lag on achievement granting be fixed? With the level cap on Gathering being bumped to 30, will there be achievements for getting to the new cap, since we've got achievements for Levels 10 and 20? Is the Chain of Fools achievement able to be gotten?

Projects
Wishlist
Bio Resources
Acp3eET.png*NIdUF6j.pngJKNmjbX.pngHFIQUjw.pngSFXnr9A.png2KqnYj4.pngUifrkF6.pnghBq372b.pngK4kr5BC.pngEeIVgVi.png8ayfQ7p.pngemtOFWD.pngfNFWviE.pngWANW32a.png6l90A3T.pngUS7UtHx.png
Will accent/skin layering ever be considered?
Will accent/skin layering ever be considered?
B0H4r7x.png
[ english/french | 22 | montreal | no waifu no laifu ]
Do admins ever impulse buy dragons?'

Also the Kamaitachi. They have the same eye colour as their element and openly display their element's emblem. They appear to be the only creature other than dragons to do this. why do they do this? Are they the second "children" of Plaguebringer, Windsinger, and Flamecaller? Why else would they show so much pride in their element?
Do admins ever impulse buy dragons?'

Also the Kamaitachi. They have the same eye colour as their element and openly display their element's emblem. They appear to be the only creature other than dragons to do this. why do they do this? Are they the second "children" of Plaguebringer, Windsinger, and Flamecaller? Why else would they show so much pride in their element?
I was chescab, now I am ChescaCat.
Do you ever plan on increasing the level cap?
Are there any more coli venues planned?
Do you have an idea of where you want to stop level caps for gathering/coliseum or do you just sort of make it up as you go?
Have you considered adding random events or quests?
Can we get an ETA on the missing achievements being added (new genes, new gathering cap, etc)?
And an ETA on the new genes?
Speaking of, do you also have a plan or backlog of genes and just space out the release or does someone get an awesome idea every now and then?

sorry im very nosy :3c
Do you ever plan on increasing the level cap?
Are there any more coli venues planned?
Do you have an idea of where you want to stop level caps for gathering/coliseum or do you just sort of make it up as you go?
Have you considered adding random events or quests?
Can we get an ETA on the missing achievements being added (new genes, new gathering cap, etc)?
And an ETA on the new genes?
Speaking of, do you also have a plan or backlog of genes and just space out the release or does someone get an awesome idea every now and then?

sorry im very nosy :3c
he/him | +18 FR time |
What color is antique? :o
What color is antique? :o
hLLLu9U.gif
595bwIn.png
How does the Random Dragon work? Do you guys just find, well, random dragons and put them on the front page? Or do you have some program looking for the dragons and posting them there?

And, what happens if a Male Guardian/Imperial/Ridgeback were to breed with one of the smaller races? Such as a female Fae or Nocturne?
Would that hurt? Or are all the egg sizes the same no matter who the mother or father was?
How does the Random Dragon work? Do you guys just find, well, random dragons and put them on the front page? Or do you have some program looking for the dragons and posting them there?

And, what happens if a Male Guardian/Imperial/Ridgeback were to breed with one of the smaller races? Such as a female Fae or Nocturne?
Would that hurt? Or are all the egg sizes the same no matter who the mother or father was?
Tztaw1U.png
What happens if one were to put a pile of Eternal Snow right next to a pile of Glowing Embers? >:D

Would the world explode?
What happens if one were to put a pile of Eternal Snow right next to a pile of Glowing Embers? >:D

Would the world explode?
Tztaw1U.png
Are the history articles in the Encyclopedia to be taken as exact truth, or are the stories of the earlier Eras more of a religious tone? Do the elemental deities physically exist (either as actual deities, or simply ancient, superpowerful dragons), or are they sort of... anthropomorphizations of the elements as envisioned by the dragon clans?

On a similar note, do the Beastclans revere the dragon deities as well, or do they have their own religion?
Are the history articles in the Encyclopedia to be taken as exact truth, or are the stories of the earlier Eras more of a religious tone? Do the elemental deities physically exist (either as actual deities, or simply ancient, superpowerful dragons), or are they sort of... anthropomorphizations of the elements as envisioned by the dragon clans?

On a similar note, do the Beastclans revere the dragon deities as well, or do they have their own religion?
T3mCp93.png tumblr | FR time +3 | they/them
1 2 ... 117 118 119 120 121 ... 753 754