Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Weekly Q&A [Closed]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 753 754
I've noticed that there's a lot of suggestions for changes to the piebald gene that we are currently voting on which version we prefer. Is there any chance of any of these suggestions being implemented for the gene or is the gene essentially set other than determining if it will be a tertiary gene or primary/secondary gene (and if so if its a faded version or the white version)
I've noticed that there's a lot of suggestions for changes to the piebald gene that we are currently voting on which version we prefer. Is there any chance of any of these suggestions being implemented for the gene or is the gene essentially set other than determining if it will be a tertiary gene or primary/secondary gene (and if so if its a faded version or the white version)
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
How will the questions you pick to answer be chosen? Will staff be picking the questions they feel are most pressing, or have the most support behind them, or will they be picking at random?

I'm worried that sometimes, questions and issues that we would like answers to or explanations about are time sensitive, or rather important to us, but not important at all to other people.

Can the big tough questions be over run or drowned out by lore based questions, or things like "what's the admin's favorite snacks?!?" or will questions that do not impact the function of the site and ToU be prioritized under larger more meaty questions?

And if there is a huge snafu on the site where there are many many questions being asked, will you cut it off at five, or some other smaller number, and tell those people to ask the next week or wait several months for a wotw post?

And will all questions asked here be answered? Some times, the questions asked are better suited towards the help forum because they are questions that normal users know the answer to. Will they still be answered here, or will the Q&A be reserved for questions *only* the staff can answer?

And how many questions does this post count as, because I'm realizing I'm using the question mark a lot but I'd consider it only one major question that is not asking for a single word answer, but moreso clarification on things I am unclear about.
How will the questions you pick to answer be chosen? Will staff be picking the questions they feel are most pressing, or have the most support behind them, or will they be picking at random?

I'm worried that sometimes, questions and issues that we would like answers to or explanations about are time sensitive, or rather important to us, but not important at all to other people.

Can the big tough questions be over run or drowned out by lore based questions, or things like "what's the admin's favorite snacks?!?" or will questions that do not impact the function of the site and ToU be prioritized under larger more meaty questions?

And if there is a huge snafu on the site where there are many many questions being asked, will you cut it off at five, or some other smaller number, and tell those people to ask the next week or wait several months for a wotw post?

And will all questions asked here be answered? Some times, the questions asked are better suited towards the help forum because they are questions that normal users know the answer to. Will they still be answered here, or will the Q&A be reserved for questions *only* the staff can answer?

And how many questions does this post count as, because I'm realizing I'm using the question mark a lot but I'd consider it only one major question that is not asking for a single word answer, but moreso clarification on things I am unclear about.
f2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.gif
Are there currently any other big additions planned to the site after (or even before) Baldwin & Adventure mode?
Are there currently any other big additions planned to the site after (or even before) Baldwin & Adventure mode?
LIo8D8G.gif
Is there any plan to hold more writing contests? The caption contests are nice but maybe holding contests for user-contributed lore expansion would be fun?
Is there any plan to hold more writing contests? The caption contests are nice but maybe holding contests for user-contributed lore expansion would be fun?
tumblr_inline_nnnkgu0nhK1t8x5hx_540.png
Do you ever plan on fixing some of the basic usability issues of the site? This includes issues such as the very inconvenient number of dragons per line in your lair, pings in posts taking you to the beginning of a thread rather than to the actual post you've been pinged in, most tab titles being terribly undescriptive, the forum search feature, the tedious process of familiar bonding, and other issues which are brought up with a high level of frequency.

It's great that you're working on things like implementing new genes and breeds, but these should not be a priority when many basic functions are still lacking.

Secure trading is a step in the right direction, however, it seems backwards to me to focus on brand new coding projects when many that we have now are still very broken. Fixing the features we currently have should be a higher priority than bringing in new features.
Do you ever plan on fixing some of the basic usability issues of the site? This includes issues such as the very inconvenient number of dragons per line in your lair, pings in posts taking you to the beginning of a thread rather than to the actual post you've been pinged in, most tab titles being terribly undescriptive, the forum search feature, the tedious process of familiar bonding, and other issues which are brought up with a high level of frequency.

It's great that you're working on things like implementing new genes and breeds, but these should not be a priority when many basic functions are still lacking.

Secure trading is a step in the right direction, however, it seems backwards to me to focus on brand new coding projects when many that we have now are still very broken. Fixing the features we currently have should be a higher priority than bringing in new features.
Question about the question thread: Are you going to answer any old questions from the Questions/Concerns thread?
Question about the question thread: Are you going to answer any old questions from the Questions/Concerns thread?
NN9NPXA.png
Tl1dGxE.png
rfNTdyQ.png
jt3PpxV.png YmkjgGR.gif
What sorts of "positive contributions/benefits" would get one closer to being an MVP? I think I've made a few contributions, but I'm wondering if I should get even more involved. I like having a goal that benefits others and also doesn't involve spending too much treasure, as long as I know how to get there. :D
What sorts of "positive contributions/benefits" would get one closer to being an MVP? I think I've made a few contributions, but I'm wondering if I should get even more involved. I like having a goal that benefits others and also doesn't involve spending too much treasure, as long as I know how to get there. :D
tumblr_o23mwcXPEZ1u3wsjco6_250.png 4f4c01ec3fcd06d45834f28097a7fb2be50dc3cf.png dEo6ta2.png
nbZE1po.png
5iXiC8z.png
V7wUqxW.png
bYt72YT.png
jbMLSIO.png

nGKuPIQ.gif
Question- If memory serves right, Undel said the team would be redoing Iridescent on starter breeds. Will Iridescent 2.0 be automatically updated on dragons or will it be released as a separate gene? Similar to how Piebald is a better version of Crackle?

Suggestion- I saw a Youtube video featuring a different banner than the one we have now. Can we have that one for Coliseum and/or Dominance pages? It really fits the theme and its so pretty ;u;
Question- If memory serves right, Undel said the team would be redoing Iridescent on starter breeds. Will Iridescent 2.0 be automatically updated on dragons or will it be released as a separate gene? Similar to how Piebald is a better version of Crackle?

Suggestion- I saw a Youtube video featuring a different banner than the one we have now. Can we have that one for Coliseum and/or Dominance pages? It really fits the theme and its so pretty ;u;
I have a question aimed primarily at the devs: what (if anything) is being done to reduce the number of full-page refreshes on things like familiar bonding, incubating nests, and feeding dragons? At the moment, just about every action we take causes a full-page refresh, which is awful on limited data (i.e. mobile 3/4G) and slower connections. A few things we can avoid the refresh by closing the modal (renaming a dragon), but for the most part, it's refreshes everywhere with no options to close the modal and just not have the changes displayed.

Also, less for devs and more for whoever's in charge of deciding features: Are we ever going to get any sort of keyboard support in coliseum?
I have a question aimed primarily at the devs: what (if anything) is being done to reduce the number of full-page refreshes on things like familiar bonding, incubating nests, and feeding dragons? At the moment, just about every action we take causes a full-page refresh, which is awful on limited data (i.e. mobile 3/4G) and slower connections. A few things we can avoid the refresh by closing the modal (renaming a dragon), but for the most part, it's refreshes everywhere with no options to close the modal and just not have the changes displayed.

Also, less for devs and more for whoever's in charge of deciding features: Are we ever going to get any sort of keyboard support in coliseum?
Will we get lore for Hope and Boston?
Will we get lore for Hope and Boston?
pixel_pebble.gif earth_banner.png pixel_mudpuppy.gif
+3 to server time
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 753 754