Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [Starfall] Urban Legends CYOA
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 52 53
Hello folks and welcome to Day Three of your Adventure! I hope you're enjoying it so far! Just a couple of notes before we jump in - please make sure you fill in the Google Form each day. It's linked at the bottom of each post with the words "Make Your Choice". Also, if you don't have time to roleplay on the day, you're welcome to do it later (either do two days together or post twice, whichever you prefer). Also, I want to let you all know that luminousnoble and I are really [i]loving[/i] all your creative responses so far - it's a joy to read through this thread! :D Thank you so much for your stories so far. This is Day Three and you decided that everything is [i]fine[/i] ... @LadyKnightKatsa @QueenLunaRose @Cheshly @MiniDrachin @acorn781 @browncoatparadox @queenmedusozoa @Stormdreamer @Watercolour @KairinRose @SonyaAxel @Lonefox @catgame21234 @Moonbeams @Leucoss @LibreNoctre @tigressRising @jbapple @Drakenhart @clm @Disillusionist @Schiemoon @Eialyne @RemanLT @SkyyeofEmber @ExistentialAlex @sQld @SeaGodling @goatling94 @dawnsong @casuallySleepy @ThisOneIsBlue @Thewarywatcher13 @LucidWhispers @WanillaWaffle @Morare @anandapanda @Sukio @GeriVl @DuskyChangeling @Werkaec [br] [center][img]https://s20.postimg.org/dtqg4yfkd/urban_legends_divider.png[/img][/center] Whatever that thing is, you want absolutely [i]nothing[/i] more to do with it! Who knows, it might even be normal for the Starwood Strand - you’re not an expert on the flora and fauna of these bizarre woods, and even if you are (not that you’ve seen ANYTHING like this before), this is the [i]Arcane[/i] territory. There’s weird stuff all over the place! You tell yourself that it’s [i]fine. It has to be.[/i] You take one last look at that terrifying beast. It’s truly massive, bigger than even the grandest imperial. As you watch it, it scratches at the meteorite, its massive claws actually tearing a hunk of the twisted, melted stone clean out, which falls to the ground. Oh, eleven above, those must be sharp. And strong. Sharper and stronger than most dragons’ claws. It would be [i]stupid[/i] to stay so close to that thing. You swallow, and turn to make your way back through the woods. [i]CRACK![/i] A branch you didn’t even see breaks under your foot and the creature whirls around, its many, many, many legs churning through the undergrowth. You stare up at its elongated claws, its quivering spines, and watch with horror as its feathery tendrils stand on end and its face seems to [i]break into pieces, slime oozing from between the segments.[/i] And then you turn tail and [i]run[/i]. [br][center][color=darkred][b]+1 PANIC[/b][/color][/center] Branches and leaves whip at your flanks as you charge between the tree trunks. Vines clutch at your feet and you almost trip. You pull your wings in close to your body and barrel onwards. You can hear the bizarre, insectoid skittering of the monster’s legs as it follows you. The snap-crash as it breaks and discards whole trees that stand in its way. You’re also horribly aware of your own heartbeat in your ears. You can’t keep this pace up forever. You’re already out of breath. Just as you come to that terrifying realisation, you charge through a bush and collide with something solid. You tumble over and land in a bush, tangled up in the branches with what turns out to be a grumbling Starbear. It snorts and blinks mournfully at you: you have the sudden urge to apologise. But there’s no time. You scramble out of the bear’s fluffy embrace and struggle out of the bush, glancing over your shoulder just once before you dash off between the trees once more. One glance is all you need to confirm that the [i]thing[/i] is still right on your tail. Any lead you might have had is gone thanks to your collision with the bear. Suddenly you burst through the undergrowth into a clearing filled with the blue light of Starwood Sap lanterns and skid to a halt to avoid colliding with a circle of dragons. They are arranged around a Skydancer, who was in the middle of a very dramatic story until you so rudely interrupted. He falls silent and his audience turns to stare at you, snacks hanging from their claws. The only sound is a low, confused murmur. And that bizarre, insectoid skittering from right behind you. With horror you realise - you’ve led the creature right into the middle of a clan’s private festival celebrations! [br][center][b]What do you do next?[/b][/center] [list] [*]Warn the Clan! [indent][i]I’ve got to tell them that thing is coming![/i][/indent] [*]Try to stop the creature! [indent][i]I have to stop it before it gets here![/i][/indent] [/list] [br][center][size=4][b][url=https://goo.gl/forms/ywam1SEAkhnNZN6h2]Make Your Choice[/url][/b][/size][/center]
Hello folks and welcome to Day Three of your Adventure! I hope you're enjoying it so far! Just a couple of notes before we jump in - please make sure you fill in the Google Form each day. It's linked at the bottom of each post with the words "Make Your Choice". Also, if you don't have time to roleplay on the day, you're welcome to do it later (either do two days together or post twice, whichever you prefer).

Also, I want to let you all know that luminousnoble and I are really loving all your creative responses so far - it's a joy to read through this thread! :D Thank you so much for your stories so far.

This is Day Three and you decided that everything is fine ...

@LadyKnightKatsa @QueenLunaRose @Cheshly @MiniDrachin @acorn781 @browncoatparadox @queenmedusozoa @Stormdreamer @Watercolour @KairinRose @SonyaAxel @Lonefox @catgame21234 @Moonbeams @Leucoss @LibreNoctre @tigressRising @jbapple @Drakenhart @clm @Disillusionist @Schiemoon @Eialyne @RemanLT @SkyyeofEmber @ExistentialAlex @sQld @SeaGodling @goatling94 @dawnsong @casuallySleepy @ThisOneIsBlue @Thewarywatcher13 @LucidWhispers @WanillaWaffle @Morare @anandapanda @Sukio @GeriVl @DuskyChangeling @Werkaec

urban_legends_divider.png

Whatever that thing is, you want absolutely nothing more to do with it! Who knows, it might even be normal for the Starwood Strand - you’re not an expert on the flora and fauna of these bizarre woods, and even if you are (not that you’ve seen ANYTHING like this before), this is the Arcane territory. There’s weird stuff all over the place! You tell yourself that it’s fine. It has to be.

You take one last look at that terrifying beast. It’s truly massive, bigger than even the grandest imperial. As you watch it, it scratches at the meteorite, its massive claws actually tearing a hunk of the twisted, melted stone clean out, which falls to the ground.

Oh, eleven above, those must be sharp. And strong. Sharper and stronger than most dragons’ claws. It would be stupid to stay so close to that thing. You swallow, and turn to make your way back through the woods.

CRACK!

A branch you didn’t even see breaks under your foot and the creature whirls around, its many, many, many legs churning through the undergrowth. You stare up at its elongated claws, its quivering spines, and watch with horror as its feathery tendrils stand on end and its face seems to break into pieces, slime oozing from between the segments.

And then you turn tail and run.

+1 PANIC

Branches and leaves whip at your flanks as you charge between the tree trunks. Vines clutch at your feet and you almost trip. You pull your wings in close to your body and barrel onwards. You can hear the bizarre, insectoid skittering of the monster’s legs as it follows you. The snap-crash as it breaks and discards whole trees that stand in its way. You’re also horribly aware of your own heartbeat in your ears. You can’t keep this pace up forever. You’re already out of breath.

Just as you come to that terrifying realisation, you charge through a bush and collide with something solid.

You tumble over and land in a bush, tangled up in the branches with what turns out to be a grumbling Starbear. It snorts and blinks mournfully at you: you have the sudden urge to apologise.

But there’s no time. You scramble out of the bear’s fluffy embrace and struggle out of the bush, glancing over your shoulder just once before you dash off between the trees once more. One glance is all you need to confirm that the thing is still right on your tail. Any lead you might have had is gone thanks to your collision with the bear.

Suddenly you burst through the undergrowth into a clearing filled with the blue light of Starwood Sap lanterns and skid to a halt to avoid colliding with a circle of dragons. They are arranged around a Skydancer, who was in the middle of a very dramatic story until you so rudely interrupted. He falls silent and his audience turns to stare at you, snacks hanging from their claws. The only sound is a low, confused murmur.

And that bizarre, insectoid skittering from right behind you.

With horror you realise - you’ve led the creature right into the middle of a clan’s private festival celebrations!

What do you do next?
  • Warn the Clan!
    I’ve got to tell them that thing is coming!
  • Try to stop the creature!
    I have to stop it before it gets here!

A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
The Battleborn Clan lives within the wildest part of the Viridian Labyrinth. Each dragon that claims it as home does so knowing one day they might die or be eaten. Baylie's tail lashes violently, she dips her head in apology to the other dragons, and turns to face the beast.

No More Running.

A snarl spreads on her features and she partly unfurls her wings.
The Battleborn Clan lives within the wildest part of the Viridian Labyrinth. Each dragon that claims it as home does so knowing one day they might die or be eaten. Baylie's tail lashes violently, she dips her head in apology to the other dragons, and turns to face the beast.

No More Running.

A snarl spreads on her features and she partly unfurls her wings.
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15027837] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/150279/15027837_350.png[/img] [/url] Asha froze when he realized where he was. He had finally found a local clan who could help him find the festival grounds - and a giant, terrifying monster was right behind him. Asha had no combat experience beyond the basic training that everyone in his clan was required to take. He couldn't fight the monster off even if he wanted to - and he wasn't sure if anyone in the clan could. So instead Asha warned the clan. "You have to run! Fly! Get out of here!" he shouted. "There's a giant bug monster thing and it's too big and too strong and going to kill us all if we don't leave, now!"

15027837_350.png

Asha froze when he realized where he was. He had finally found a local clan who could help him find the festival grounds - and a giant, terrifying monster was right behind him. Asha had no combat experience beyond the basic training that everyone in his clan was required to take. He couldn't fight the monster off even if he wanted to - and he wasn't sure if anyone in the clan could.

So instead Asha warned the clan. "You have to run! Fly! Get out of here!" he shouted. "There's a giant bug monster thing and it's too big and too strong and going to kill us all if we don't leave, now!"
oCF41Q1.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32323608] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/323237/32323608_350.png[/img] [/url] Jormungand looks at the pearlcatcher, replying "You go tell the Wardens, I can research the creature. I know what it looks like, it'll be easier for me to find a matching description." With a nod from the other dragon, he heads off towards the massive library in the Observatory. [i]Hey, this is Arcane. Surely lots of extraterrestrial activity isn't [i]that[/i] rare.[/i] With one last look back at the pearlcatcher, who is going to inform the Wardens, he thinks [i]Ha, I can't believe they thought I didn't know about the Wardens. Normal dragons are just adorable.[/i]

32323608_350.png

Jormungand looks at the pearlcatcher, replying "You go tell the Wardens, I can research the creature. I know what it looks like, it'll be easier for me to find a matching description." With a nod from the other dragon, he heads off towards the massive library in the Observatory. Hey, this is Arcane. Surely lots of extraterrestrial activity isn't that rare. With one last look back at the pearlcatcher, who is going to inform the Wardens, he thinks Ha, I can't believe they thought I didn't know about the Wardens. Normal dragons are just adorable.
Rare-Crystal.pngnMkuik2.gifXkGU4ms.gif
Whiteshadow frowned. He had been careless. So very careless. Prince would be very disappointed with the fact that he hadn't used his training. This was his fault. There was no choice but to fight. If more people got hurt because of him there would be no way he could go back. At least this way he might die with honor. Honor was the reason he was here, wasn't it? [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32273583] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/322736/32273583_350.png[/img] [/url]
Whiteshadow frowned. He had been careless. So very careless. Prince would be very disappointed with the fact that he hadn't used his training. This was his fault. There was no choice but to fight. If more people got hurt because of him there would be no way he could go back. At least this way he might die with honor. Honor was the reason he was here, wasn't it?

32273583_350.png

Maximillion.png
@Lundlaeva not sure if you're just not updating until the end, but I still don't see my +1 Starbear point or my username on your stat tracker sheet on the front page. Thanks! [b]Tell the Wardens[/b] "I'd love to help you out!" Izabella said with excitement in her voice. Now that she knew it was something was seriously up, all that was left to do was to deal with. She immediately responded, "I'll fly to the inform the Wardens right away." [i]Tidelord knows she didn't want to be stuck in the library.[/i] Not that she didn't enjoy learning, she just liked the hands-on stuff. Sitting for hours on end in stuffy libraries was not for her. Leave that to others in her clan, like the very scholarly Diamanda. Izabella was an action dragon, an adventurer, and a warrior when she needed to be. She took a running start towards the cliff's edge. Only halfway through taking off, she realized she forgot to ask for directions. [i]Oops, oh well![/i] She trusted her instincts would lead her to them. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34424618] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/344247/34424618_350.png[/img] [/url][/center]
@Lundlaeva not sure if you're just not updating until the end, but I still don't see my +1 Starbear point or my username on your stat tracker sheet on the front page. Thanks!

Tell the Wardens

"I'd love to help you out!" Izabella said with excitement in her voice.

Now that she knew it was something was seriously up, all that was left to do was to deal with.

She immediately responded, "I'll fly to the inform the Wardens right away."

Tidelord knows she didn't want to be stuck in the library. Not that she didn't enjoy learning, she just liked the hands-on stuff. Sitting for hours on end in stuffy libraries was not for her. Leave that to others in her clan, like the very scholarly Diamanda. Izabella was an action dragon, an adventurer, and a warrior when she needed to be.

She took a running start towards the cliff's edge. Only halfway through taking off, she realized she forgot to ask for directions.

Oops, oh well! She trusted her instincts would lead her to them.
'blue smedium banner
@MarinaQuakenbush You're definitely on there! 2nd column, 12th up from the bottom. :)

You may shift slightly if people with usernames that come alphabetically before yours join in, but you should be in roughly the same position from here onwards - towards the bottom of the middle column.
@MarinaQuakenbush You're definitely on there! 2nd column, 12th up from the bottom. :)

You may shift slightly if people with usernames that come alphabetically before yours join in, but you should be in roughly the same position from here onwards - towards the bottom of the middle column.
A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
[b]Run.[/b] [size=2][i]...what did you see?[/i][/size] [b]Run![/b] [size=2][i]But we...can't-[/i][/size] [b]RUN![/b] ----- The lux spectre whizzes past the group, eyes wide with utter terror, into the endless forest. It doesn't even bother looking where it's headed, and phases through tree trunks, bushes, and starbear (...starbear?) alike. But no one's following. After another frenzied minute of gliding, it finally collides with what feels like a soft forcefield, and is sent flying off to the ground. ----- [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19263078] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/192631/19263078_350.png[/img] [/url] [i]Aer, Cerdae, and Striker, start Meditating. Caller, Stomper, and Depin, prepare to Ambush.[/i] ----- Only a magical being with enough ethereal substance could possibly steer it off course. Still shaken from the horrific encounter, the lux spectre collects itself and turns to face its obstacle. It's an old skydancer, telling an epic story of his days fighting off monsters and demons to an attentive crowd. ...Was telling, rather, for now, every one of their eyes are instead trained on where it fell. ----- [i]Fleeing is not an option. We won't leave any of the slower animals behind. [/i] ----- The lux spectre had been told its entire childhood in the ruins not to trust or interact with any dragons, and it had taken months for it to become somewhat comfortable around Tianyi. Normally, it would have turned tail and fled for its life. But these circumstances were anything but normal. [b]Skydancer, and other dragons, please hear me out. There's a huge, aggressive insect monster back that way towards the forest. You have to help stop it-I thought my group had followed me here but...[/b] ...What's that monster saying? I have no idea. Is it evil, like all the ones you vanquished, sir? Don't worry, I'll take care of it. ----- [i]Get ready. Here it comes.[/i]
Run.

...what did you see?

Run!

But we...can't-

RUN!

The lux spectre whizzes past the group, eyes wide with utter terror, into the endless forest. It doesn't even bother looking where it's headed, and phases through tree trunks, bushes, and starbear (...starbear?) alike. But no one's following.

After another frenzied minute of gliding, it finally collides with what feels like a soft forcefield, and is sent flying off to the ground.

19263078_350.png

Aer, Cerdae, and Striker, start Meditating.
Caller, Stomper, and Depin, prepare to Ambush.

Only a magical being with enough ethereal substance could possibly steer it off course. Still shaken from the horrific encounter, the lux spectre collects itself and turns to face its obstacle.

It's an old skydancer, telling an epic story of his days fighting off monsters and demons to an attentive crowd. ...Was telling, rather, for now, every one of their eyes are instead trained on where it fell.

Fleeing is not an option.
We won't leave any of the slower animals behind.

The lux spectre had been told its entire childhood in the ruins not to trust or interact with any dragons, and it had taken months for it to become somewhat comfortable around Tianyi. Normally, it would have turned tail and fled for its life. But these circumstances were anything but normal.

Skydancer, and other dragons, please hear me out. There's a huge, aggressive insect monster back that way towards the forest. You have to help stop it-I thought my group had followed me here but...

...What's that monster saying?
I have no idea.
Is it evil, like all the ones you vanquished, sir?

Don't worry, I'll take care of it.

Get ready.
Here it comes.
0mgcUEp.jpgmr_mittens_in_space_bear_ver.png
(Congrats Abeona, you have the power to pick the worst options.) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35978530] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/359786/35978530_350.png[/img] [/url] [i]Abeona looks on in horror as the beast somehow rips a chunk of meteor with its spindly legs, if they even were legs, it was hard to tell. Leading her elk away, she freezes, a look of pure terror on her little face as a sickening [b]CRUNCH[/b] happens right behind her, seemingly echoing throughout this nightmare wood, lingering in the air. Like the branch that caught its attention, the head-like thing of the arcane abomination snaps round to stare into Abeona's eyes. For a while, it feels as though it were staring into her very soul - until its face cracks and begins to break away, some hellish goop seeping from within. With a shriek, she furiously flaps her wings, thanking the gods that her dopey familiar caught on to the desperation of current events, galloping at full speed away from the... thing. For a while this continues, both getting tired, the nightmare beast skittering after them unrelentingly with a horrible sound - until she falls into a bush, a cute Starbear clinging to her. She barely hesitates to try and burn the poor thing off, muttering a sorry at the slightly singed animal. But the chase continues. The infinite amount of trees abruptly ends, emerging into a clearing. She nearly collides with a Skydancer storyteller, their audience shocked at this sudden appearance. She apologies, voice shaky and fit for tears. Her heart sinking into the lower planes of existence as a familiar sight appears. This clan doesn't seem too experienced at combat, so perhaps they'll have enough time to fly away while she holds it off... Trying to get as furious as she can while moving forward to meet the aberration, she thinks about everything this thing has done to cross her, and bellows it out.[/i] "Hey! Listen, you goopy-faced freak show! You've RUINED this trip for me, with your stupid glowy rock and your stupid little bear cult! You've made me LATE, which is reeeeeaaally gonna cut into my profits! So, you'd better get ready for a grilling!"
(Congrats Abeona, you have the power to pick the worst options.)

35978530_350.png

Abeona looks on in horror as the beast somehow rips a chunk of meteor with its spindly legs, if they even were legs, it was hard to tell. Leading her elk away, she freezes, a look of pure terror on her little face as a sickening CRUNCH happens right behind her, seemingly echoing throughout this nightmare wood, lingering in the air.

Like the branch that caught its attention, the head-like thing of the arcane abomination snaps round to stare into Abeona's eyes. For a while, it feels as though it were staring into her very soul - until its face cracks and begins to break away, some hellish goop seeping from within. With a shriek, she furiously flaps her wings, thanking the gods that her dopey familiar caught on to the desperation of current events, galloping at full speed away from the... thing.

For a while this continues, both getting tired, the nightmare beast skittering after them unrelentingly with a horrible sound - until she falls into a bush, a cute Starbear clinging to her. She barely hesitates to try and burn the poor thing off, muttering a sorry at the slightly singed animal. But the chase continues.

The infinite amount of trees abruptly ends, emerging into a clearing. She nearly collides with a Skydancer storyteller, their audience shocked at this sudden appearance. She apologies, voice shaky and fit for tears. Her heart sinking into the lower planes of existence as a familiar sight appears. This clan doesn't seem too experienced at combat, so perhaps they'll have enough time to fly away while she holds it off...

Trying to get as furious as she can while moving forward to meet the aberration, she thinks about everything this thing has done to cross her, and bellows it out.
"Hey! Listen, you goopy-faced freak show! You've RUINED this trip for me, with your stupid glowy rock and your stupid little bear cult! You've made me LATE, which is reeeeeaaally gonna cut into my profits! So, you'd better get ready for a grilling!"
o0fyund.png25R8K2Z.png
I WANNA JUMP KICK ITIN THE FACE LIKE THIS
I WANNA JUMP KICK ITIN THE FACE LIKE THIS
ary22F6.gif5nBi9J2.gifOfF9Gci.gif
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 52 53