Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [Starfall] Urban Legends CYOA
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 52 53
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35978530] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/359786/35978530_350.png[/img] [/url] [i]Abeona makes her way through the twisted branches and pulsating flowers in search of the glowing thing. Apparently some other dragons also had the same idea, so at least she had that. Although, it was getting pretty hard to get through the undergrowth, especially with a ware-laden elk. She hoped it would all be undamaged by the end of this. Mercilfully, the Starwood maze ended soon, revealing the glowy thing to be... a giant meteor.[/i] "Ugh, really? I scrambled through thorns and bushes and other weird stuff for a meteor? Gre-" [i]Abeona stops speaking as she spots movement from near the glowy rock. When it emerges, a creepy, faceless... THING, she widens her eyes and furrows her brow. It's probably just an Arcane aberration that the locals call 'Mr Mittens' or something, but it looks pretty terrifying, so she starts to slowly and quietly make her way back. [/i]

35978530_350.png

Abeona makes her way through the twisted branches and pulsating flowers in search of the glowing thing. Apparently some other dragons also had the same idea, so at least she had that. Although, it was getting pretty hard to get through the undergrowth, especially with a ware-laden elk. She hoped it would all be undamaged by the end of this.

Mercilfully, the Starwood maze ended soon, revealing the glowy thing to be... a giant meteor.
"Ugh, really? I scrambled through thorns and bushes and other weird stuff for a meteor? Gre-"

Abeona stops speaking as she spots movement from near the glowy rock. When it emerges, a creepy, faceless... THING, she widens her eyes and furrows her brow. It's probably just an Arcane aberration that the locals call 'Mr Mittens' or something, but it looks pretty terrifying, so she starts to slowly and quietly make her way back.
o0fyund.png25R8K2Z.png
@Lundlaeva [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3606648] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/36067/3606648_350.png[/img] [/url] Never able to resist a Starbear... As a Starfall expat, she saw the little guys and instantly became entranced by their fluff and sniffles. Her mate would be ashamed of her impulsive behavior, but Ereshkigal knew she'd make it up to Torys, once she made it to the Celebration. [I]If[/i] she made it to the Celebration. This hunk of space junk was, while strange, sadly not out of the ordinary for the Isles. What [i]was[/i] odd was that thing crawling all over it. She could discern something with too many limbs, something that looked far bigger than her. Against the glow of the meteorite, she couldn't tell what it was to save her own life, but the bears seemed not to care. How odd! She trusted their instincts, but... Well, if there was one thing her parents had taught her living among the bizarre and the Arcane, it was "If you see something, say something." That policy covered a broad range of happenings, from the merely curious to the heartstoppingly eldritch. This spindly creature on the meteor seemed way too close to the latter. It was time to call a real professional to handle this.
@Lundlaeva

3606648_350.png

Never able to resist a Starbear... As a Starfall expat, she saw the little guys and instantly became entranced by their fluff and sniffles. Her mate would be ashamed of her impulsive behavior, but Ereshkigal knew she'd make it up to Torys, once she made it to the Celebration. If she made it to the Celebration.

This hunk of space junk was, while strange, sadly not out of the ordinary for the Isles. What was odd was that thing crawling all over it. She could discern something with too many limbs, something that looked far bigger than her. Against the glow of the meteorite, she couldn't tell what it was to save her own life, but the bears seemed not to care. How odd! She trusted their instincts, but...

Well, if there was one thing her parents had taught her living among the bizarre and the Arcane, it was "If you see something, say something." That policy covered a broad range of happenings, from the merely curious to the heartstoppingly eldritch. This spindly creature on the meteor seemed way too close to the latter. It was time to call a real professional to handle this.
IlluminartiIn-Flight HubPublic Buy
Day Two [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35741730] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/357418/35741730_350.png[/img] [/url] Under the veil of magenta shadows and the ominous skittering of the creature before her, Revanche was quick to deduce that it may not be the best course of action to intervene, and quickly and soundlessly retreated into the safety of the woods. She internally debated whether to inform someone about this far from serendipitous encounter, but decide against it. It's not her business to mind, and besides, who would believe such a claim anyway? That she found a beast who happened to hitch a ride on a giant meteor that seemingly no one saw in the middle of the night despite its obnoxious pink flare? That doesn't seems believable, no matter who phrased it or how it was phrased. Besides, she has a matter to attend. Better let someone well trained for this deal with it. Plenty of dragons could deal with this beast with ease later in the morning when other souls discover it. She doesn't want to have anything to do with this.
Day Two

35741730_350.png

Under the veil of magenta shadows and the ominous skittering of the creature before her, Revanche was quick to deduce that it may not be the best course of action to intervene, and quickly and soundlessly retreated into the safety of the woods.

She internally debated whether to inform someone about this far from serendipitous encounter, but decide against it. It's not her business to mind, and besides, who would believe such a claim anyway? That she found a beast who happened to hitch a ride on a giant meteor that seemingly no one saw in the middle of the night despite its obnoxious pink flare? That doesn't seems believable, no matter who phrased it or how it was phrased.

Besides, she has a matter to attend. Better let someone well trained for this deal with it. Plenty of dragons could deal with this beast with ease later in the morning when other souls discover it. She doesn't want to have anything to do with this.
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21550598] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/215506/21550598_350.png[/img] [/url] As the snuffly bear led Aleatory on, she realized with a delighted "Whooop!" that they were in fact, going to investigate both things! She sped up a bit to ruffle the fur of the star bear's ear gently in thanks. It didn't pause, but she thought the snuffling sounded pleased. The meteor was bigger than the kites flown in the plateau, every big dragon in her lair combined, bigger than... she ran out of things to compare it to that could even come close to describing what sat glowing before her. And there were so many bears now- did this thing call them? Was there something about it that their Arcane magic was tuned into? She tried to count the fluffy congregation, even as more piled in when- "OHHhhhHH STICKS!" Aly clamped two claws over her mouth. Something new was there, trying to get at the meteor. Or maybe to something inside...? By the gods it startled her, though. The woods were throwing her off her game. Nothing should be able to surprise a master of stealth such as herself. Her initial shock turned to quiet observation, maybe a bit stunned, just a little bit though. She slid back through the air, slowly, not turning, and tucked herself behind a tree to watch what was going on. This didn't seem normal, but then, her clan had very few Arcane flighted dragons, and they had never talked about the land much. Maybe this was just Tuesday. ( @Lundlaeva I fell asleep before rollover but didn't see a day 3, so I hope this is okay?)

21550598_350.png

As the snuffly bear led Aleatory on, she realized with a delighted "Whooop!" that they were in fact, going to investigate both things! She sped up a bit to ruffle the fur of the star bear's ear gently in thanks. It didn't pause, but she thought the snuffling sounded pleased.

The meteor was bigger than the kites flown in the plateau, every big dragon in her lair combined, bigger than... she ran out of things to compare it to that could even come close to describing what sat glowing before her. And there were so many bears now- did this thing call them? Was there something about it that their Arcane magic was tuned into? She tried to count the fluffy congregation, even as more piled in when-

"OHHhhhHH STICKS!" Aly clamped two claws over her mouth. Something new was there, trying to get at the meteor. Or maybe to something inside...? By the gods it startled her, though. The woods were throwing her off her game. Nothing should be able to surprise a master of stealth such as herself.

Her initial shock turned to quiet observation, maybe a bit stunned, just a little bit though. She slid back through the air, slowly, not turning, and tucked herself behind a tree to watch what was going on. This didn't seem normal, but then, her clan had very few Arcane flighted dragons, and they had never talked about the land much.

Maybe this was just Tuesday.

( @Lundlaeva I fell asleep before rollover but didn't see a day 3, so I hope this is okay?)
TuEVAjZ.pngNPeGYYg.pngLELtNFt.png
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26021830] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/260219/26021830_350.png[/img][/url] [b]A sigh halts in Andrew's throat at the sight of the meteor, his mounting unease over the inability to progress any which way getting slid onto a backburner in the face of such a marvel. This was no carefully picked-over husk, or indistinguishably charred fragment pulsing back at him! It is the depths this joyous haze which nearly blind him to the strange THING atop the rock. He shuffles a bit backwards through the growing crowd of Starbears, trying to keep his foot falls masked beneath the cacophonous scraping of claws along the meteor's surface; someone, [i]anyone[/i], must be warned about this creature![/b][/center]
26021830_350.png

A sigh halts in Andrew's throat at the sight of the meteor, his mounting unease over the inability to progress any which way getting slid onto a backburner in the face of such a marvel. This was no carefully picked-over husk, or indistinguishably charred fragment pulsing back at him!

It is the depths this joyous haze which nearly blind him to the strange THING atop the rock. He shuffles a bit backwards through the growing crowd of Starbears, trying to keep his foot falls masked beneath the cacophonous scraping of claws along the meteor's surface; someone, anyone, must be warned about this creature!
nMkuik2.gifsNtd9Dk.gif4AJs72V.pngl9DOymq.pngsNtd9Dk.gifRz7ZJcJ.png
@ThisOneIsBlue Yes, you're fine - I can't update at rollover because of my timezone, so the "days" of the CYOA should run noon to noon (FR time). We haven't moved to Day 3 yet.
@ThisOneIsBlue Yes, you're fine - I can't update at rollover because of my timezone, so the "days" of the CYOA should run noon to noon (FR time). We haven't moved to Day 3 yet.
A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33553953] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/335540/33553953_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Following the bear is easier than she thought at first. It's big, slow and noisy, so Moira can calmly glide from branch to branch after it. She stops with awe near the clearing. A meteor, really? A [b]PINK[/b] meteor... she wipes her eyes to be sure she is not dreaming. But her dreams are usually more... logical than that. As the fae quickly calculated, this rock should have a more bigger crater, so... something was off. The starbears' presence however got a meaning. These are named the guardians of these lands, so... if there is trouble they may gather to it? Or causing it, if you are listening to others. As the 'thing' crawled out, her hunting instincts almost kicked in, but she sighed a moment later. It's not her right to hunt within these woods and... to logically thinking about it... maybe it would not be a good idea to tramp between the starbears onto a creature wich just came out from a glowing pink meteor, right? Maybe... the guardians can act as the 'visitors' become troublesome. Whatever the case is, she is still watching a little the phenomenon and waits.

Following the bear is easier than she thought at first. It's big, slow and noisy, so Moira can calmly glide from branch to branch after it. She stops with awe near the clearing. A meteor, really? A PINK meteor... she wipes her eyes to be sure she is not dreaming. But her dreams are usually more... logical than that. As the fae quickly calculated, this rock should have a more bigger crater, so... something was off. The starbears' presence however got a meaning. These are named the guardians of these lands, so... if there is trouble they may gather to it? Or causing it, if you are listening to others.
As the 'thing' crawled out, her hunting instincts almost kicked in, but she sighed a moment later. It's not her right to hunt within these woods and... to logically thinking about it... maybe it would not be a good idea to tramp between the starbears onto a creature wich just came out from a glowing pink meteor, right?
Maybe... the guardians can act as the 'visitors' become troublesome. Whatever the case is, she is still watching a little the phenomenon and waits.
TzSdlFL.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19845004] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/198451/19845004_350.png[/img] [/url] Aneira stared at the strange creature. At that moment Emily, her familiar, woke up. She had been sleeping on Aneira's back for the last few hours, but the skittering noise woke her up. "I'd best be going," Aneira said. She started to keep walking, but Emily tugged at the feathers of Aneira's mask and gave her a disapproving look. "Fine. I suppose we should report this. I just don't know who it would be."

19845004_350.png

Aneira stared at the strange creature. At that moment Emily, her familiar, woke up. She had been sleeping on Aneira's back for the last few hours, but the skittering noise woke her up. "I'd best be going," Aneira said. She started to keep walking, but Emily tugged at the feathers of Aneira's mask and gave her a disapproving look. "Fine. I suppose we should report this. I just don't know who it would be."
44303339972_bbca1c3340_o.gif button_cts.png512.1xOrd.bellzan_zpsoczvztar.png24990473472_c6b3e103bf_o.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29572883] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/295729/29572883_350.png[/img] [/url] "Not very stealthy. Very easy to track. And that fluff...I wonder if it will let me use it as a pillow?" Adhari wrote down. "Do these creatures go on a path to anywhere?" The answer was apparent when he noticed the meteor. "A meteor, aren't those common? But this one's glowing. But isn't that common as well? And this looks like a haven for those starbears." Out of the corner of his eye, something moved. "What's that!" He leapt a foot in the air, and twisted as soon as he landed, spraying dirt. "That is something new. Is it dangerous? STARBEARS, THERE'S A WEIRD BUG ON YOUR METEOR!" There did not appear to be a response. "I should ask someone else, then." He started running, only stopping to make a quick sketch of the creature.

29572883_350.png

"Not very stealthy. Very easy to track. And that fluff...I wonder if it will let me use it as a pillow?" Adhari wrote down. "Do these creatures go on a path to anywhere?"
The answer was apparent when he noticed the meteor. "A meteor, aren't those common? But this one's glowing. But isn't that common as well? And this looks like a haven for those starbears." Out of the corner of his eye, something moved. "What's that!" He leapt a foot in the air, and twisted as soon as he landed, spraying dirt. "That is something new. Is it dangerous? STARBEARS, THERE'S A WEIRD BUG ON YOUR METEOR!" There did not appear to be a response. "I should ask someone else, then." He started running, only stopping to make a quick sketch of the creature.
Mg9qSuP.gif
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26123519] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/261236/26123519_350.png[/img] [/url] "Of course the path leads to the glow. It's not like I didn't want to go near it," Moondust muttered as she continued down the path. Upon reaching the clearing she stopped, and stared. "That can't be a meteorite, could it? The impact of it would have probably shaken the ground and we would have felt it. If it came from the Arcane realm though...." She paused to whip out her book, but stopped as she saw the creature climb atop it. "Oh... no.. no no no it can't be. How could one of those get here? I thought that realm travel was limited to the gateway stones. Unless that meteor IS a gateway stone... I need to let others know of this. The boundary between our realm and wherever this came from could potentially be jeopardized!" She quickly scribbled down notes and details observing the creature before casting a protective spell across herself, a pink bubble shimmering into appearance around her before fading away.

26123519_350.png

"Of course the path leads to the glow. It's not like I didn't want to go near it," Moondust muttered as she continued down the path. Upon reaching the clearing she stopped, and stared.

"That can't be a meteorite, could it? The impact of it would have probably shaken the ground and we would have felt it. If it came from the Arcane realm though...."

She paused to whip out her book, but stopped as she saw the creature climb atop it.

"Oh... no.. no no no it can't be. How could one of those get here? I thought that realm travel was limited to the gateway stones. Unless that meteor IS a gateway stone... I need to let others know of this. The boundary between our realm and wherever this came from could potentially be jeopardized!"

She quickly scribbled down notes and details observing the creature before casting a protective spell across herself, a pink bubble shimmering into appearance around her before fading away.
uj5w35F.pngSvg7y.gifeZKAdNB.png
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 52 53