Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [Starfall] Urban Legends CYOA
1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 52 53
[center]Day One [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29905551] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/299056/29905551_350.png[/img] [/url] [b][u]Athosar[/b][/u] [i]A bundle of dried herbs and flower petals inside a soft leather satchel.[/i][/center] Typical of most Tundras, Athosar carried his memories via his sense of smell. Pleasant or painful, the scents accompanying experiences were second only in power to the emotions which pervaded them. Athosar learned early on that, if he could capture the essence of something in scent, that it would call up the memory for him vividly. Such came to prove useful; while the scent of salt-spray would always ignite a powerful sense of mourning, for example, he found that mixing particular flowers and herbs and essences together reminded him of happier times, and he grew adept at noting how particular blends affected him, and using them to summon up those memories on demand. "You should take them to the Celebration!" Hukkunut had urged him. "Think of all the dragons who will be there. All the clans that will be able to smell our memories! How better to tell a story than that?" At which Athosar dumurred, at first, and was prepared to stay at home, while the other crafters of the clan went to show off their skill at the gathering. Sigarni was one such, and she paused, the last to leave, dipping her head to catch Athosar's eyes. "I will see you at the Celebration, Stillwaters," she said, using her Name for him -- for he was so quiet, and yet Sigarni knew that there were many thoughts dwelling always in the depths of him. "One corner of our booth is reserved for you." As Athosar stammered, she stooped and groomed soothingly at his mane. "May fortune find you," she said, in parting. ...So it was that, in spite of his better judgement, Athosar found himself on the edge of the Starwood, listening bemusedly to the Nocturne as he was given directions. He nodded solemnly, and then set off through the woods, the bells on his cloak giving a soft jingle as he walked along, leaves and twigs rustling and scraping against the soft but sturdy leather of his satchel now and then as he pushed through narrower passages among the trees. "This isn't so bad," he mused. "This is much the same way Mother has brought me, on our way to get lumber." For Sigarni was wont to take her fosterling with her, having dwelt in the Strand for some time before she had joined the clan, and so even though the wood closed in around him and the eerie light of the blooms above took the place of the starlight, Athosar felt no fear. Though...oh, surely this can't be the same patch of trees that he'd been by, already. Perhaps he had copied the map wrong. He was just a dabbler in scents, not anything useful like a cartographer, after all. The bright pink glow ahead took his mind off these worrisome thoughts. "Perhaps it is a campsite," he told the fluffy Starbear snuffling along just ahead of him. "Or perhaps I am closer to the Celebration than I think. Surely, though, there is magic ahead." So he pressed on, toward the mysterious pink light. [center][b][u]Starbear[/b][/u] [i]Rose petals, cream, and honey.[/i] [b][u]The Starwood[/b][/u] [i]Moonflower and jasmine borne on a cool night breeze over moss and birch branches.[/i][/center]
Day One

29905551_350.png

Athosar
A bundle of dried herbs and flower petals inside a soft leather satchel.

Typical of most Tundras, Athosar carried his memories via his sense of smell. Pleasant or painful, the scents accompanying experiences were second only in power to the emotions which pervaded them. Athosar learned early on that, if he could capture the essence of something in scent, that it would call up the memory for him vividly. Such came to prove useful; while the scent of salt-spray would always ignite a powerful sense of mourning, for example, he found that mixing particular flowers and herbs and essences together reminded him of happier times, and he grew adept at noting how particular blends affected him, and using them to summon up those memories on demand.

"You should take them to the Celebration!" Hukkunut had urged him. "Think of all the dragons who will be there. All the clans that will be able to smell our memories! How better to tell a story than that?" At which Athosar dumurred, at first, and was prepared to stay at home, while the other crafters of the clan went to show off their skill at the gathering. Sigarni was one such, and she paused, the last to leave, dipping her head to catch Athosar's eyes.

"I will see you at the Celebration, Stillwaters," she said, using her Name for him -- for he was so quiet, and yet Sigarni knew that there were many thoughts dwelling always in the depths of him. "One corner of our booth is reserved for you." As Athosar stammered, she stooped and groomed soothingly at his mane. "May fortune find you," she said, in parting.

...So it was that, in spite of his better judgement, Athosar found himself on the edge of the Starwood, listening bemusedly to the Nocturne as he was given directions. He nodded solemnly, and then set off through the woods, the bells on his cloak giving a soft jingle as he walked along, leaves and twigs rustling and scraping against the soft but sturdy leather of his satchel now and then as he pushed through narrower passages among the trees.

"This isn't so bad," he mused. "This is much the same way Mother has brought me, on our way to get lumber." For Sigarni was wont to take her fosterling with her, having dwelt in the Strand for some time before she had joined the clan, and so even though the wood closed in around him and the eerie light of the blooms above took the place of the starlight, Athosar felt no fear. Though...oh, surely this can't be the same patch of trees that he'd been by, already. Perhaps he had copied the map wrong. He was just a dabbler in scents, not anything useful like a cartographer, after all.

The bright pink glow ahead took his mind off these worrisome thoughts. "Perhaps it is a campsite," he told the fluffy Starbear snuffling along just ahead of him. "Or perhaps I am closer to the Celebration than I think. Surely, though, there is magic ahead."

So he pressed on, toward the mysterious pink light.
Starbear
Rose petals, cream, and honey.

The Starwood
Moonflower and jasmine borne on a cool night breeze over moss and birch branches.
B1Vtq5s.gifRz7ZJcJ.png tumblr_inline_otq29dktir1qzyloc_500.gif Uxts8PW.gif gFwGJ3H.gif
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30341423] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/303415/30341423_350.png[/img] [/url] Antares froze as she glanced back at the meteor, the creature locking her in its eyeless gaze. It was huge and imposing and unlike anything she had ever seen before. The spell holding her in place was shattered, however, as the creature's face did much the same; seeming to melt as it cracked. Unwilling to glance away from the creature, After some time Antares unclipped the buckle of the harness attaching her to her cart with amazing speed before she tore away from the scene as quickly as possible, because NOPE. NOT TODAY. NO THANK YOU. Branches and twigs nicked her as she ran, as she didn't yet dare to look back. Antares slowed down, having finally paused to catch her breath, only to jump back because [i]something moved[/i] and- oh. Just a starbear. She shook her head at herself for having been so alarmed by something so cute and fuzzy, and gave it an affectionate pat as it flopped down beside her. A rustling of leaves caused Antares to tense again, but she relaxed as her familiar emerged from the underbrush, glowing slightly in the dusk. She turned and hurried off again, this time somewhat relieved by the feeling of her familiar beside her. [rule] "Thank you so much." Antares turned from the pearlcatcher at the information desk, comforted by the fact that something was going to be done about that unnatural creature in the woods. Now, cart or no cart, she planned to find and reserve the perfect place to sell her wares. She would be able to get it back once this had been delt with, right? Her march back to the festival grounds was halted by the pearlcatcher's hand on her arm and her request for help. Antares had to admit that she was right, no one could be two places at once. It looked as if spot-hunting would have to wait until later. "Of course I am able to help. If you could point me towards the library, I would be willing to assist with the research of the creature?" [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2281629/16#post_29614353]<< Previous Day[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2281629/25#post_29641551]Next Day >>[/url]

30341423_350.png

Antares froze as she glanced back at the meteor, the creature locking her in its eyeless gaze. It was huge and imposing and unlike anything she had ever seen before. The spell holding her in place was shattered, however, as the creature's face did much the same; seeming to melt as it cracked.

Unwilling to glance away from the creature, After some time Antares unclipped the buckle of the harness attaching her to her cart with amazing speed before she tore away from the scene as quickly as possible, because NOPE. NOT TODAY. NO THANK YOU.

Branches and twigs nicked her as she ran, as she didn't yet dare to look back. Antares slowed down, having finally paused to catch her breath, only to jump back because something moved and- oh. Just a starbear. She shook her head at herself for having been so alarmed by something so cute and fuzzy, and gave it an affectionate pat as it flopped down beside her. A rustling of leaves caused Antares to tense again, but she relaxed as her familiar emerged from the underbrush, glowing slightly in the dusk. She turned and hurried off again, this time somewhat relieved by the feeling of her familiar beside her.

"Thank you so much." Antares turned from the pearlcatcher at the information desk, comforted by the fact that something was going to be done about that unnatural creature in the woods. Now, cart or no cart, she planned to find and reserve the perfect place to sell her wares. She would be able to get it back once this had been delt with, right?

Her march back to the festival grounds was halted by the pearlcatcher's hand on her arm and her request for help. Antares had to admit that she was right, no one could be two places at once. It looked as if spot-hunting would have to wait until later.
"Of course I am able to help. If you could point me towards the library, I would be willing to assist with the research of the creature?"

<< Previous Day
Next Day >>
tumblr_ntpomveVBX1tm17oeo5_75sq.png tumblr_od0azcs3HT1s2erpmo2_100.pngtumblr_p6tkjckJgZ1s2erpmo2_r2_250.pngtumblr_od0azcs3HT1s2erpmo1_100.pngtumblr_ntpomveVBX1tm17oeo6_75sq.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32484240] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/324843/32484240_350.png[/img] [/url] [i]Day Three[/i] Aretha made her way back into the woods and hopefully out of it's sight. She had to let out a breath of relief; the monster made no sign of noticing her. She carefully picked her way through the undergrowth, juggling her pearl between her two front claws as her right leg was injured. It wasn't an easy task though, as the pearlcatcher wasn't used to walking that way. And because of that, Aretha accidentally stumbled on her own legs, and she lunged forward to keep her pearl from falling out of her grasp, and in turn fell on a branch with her bad leg. The branch cracked, and she let out a cry as her injury was disturbed. On the ground, she panted, half-collapsed on the ground, trying to regain herself, when the next thing she heard made her blanch. Slowly, she turned her head back to face the meteor and[s]--[/s][i]Oh, by the Eleven.[/i] It's shattered face seemed to look straight into her mind, and it's many tendrils caught her breath halfway up her throat. Aretha didn't dare move a muscle, in case the monster couldn't sense her, in case everything was just a fluke. Then the creature dived forward and Aretha screamed and scrambled up and away. Aretha ignored her pains and instead focused on getting out of there with her pearl. Branches and thorns scrape her hide and her claws were almost ripped from their natural position from the speed she was running. Suddenly she collided with a mass of fur, and Aretha and the mass rolled down a slope, entangled together. They rolled over sharp stones and multiple branches on the way down. Then Aretha crashed into a tree, with in turn stopped them from rolling down any further. Petals and leaves fell down onto them, ironically peacefully, from the impact. Aretha groaned, and saw that the thing she crashing into was a miffed-looking Starbear. Aretha opened her mouth to say something when the monster emerged at the top of the hill, and Aretha jolted up again, pushing the Starbear out of her way. She later hoped that the bear was unharmed. Aretha could almost feel the monster's feathers brushing against her spine, and with a burst of adrenaline she propelled herself faster and faster, until the surrounding areas became just one gigantic blur. She was running blind now, and she couldn't even rely on her clairvoyant powers to help her. Because of this, she slammed nose-first into a tree, and she, disoriented, stumbled about. When her vision cleared, she realized that she was in the middle of a clearing, at the middle of attention. She started at the dragons seated around a skydancer, and she gaped at them, and they gaped back. Aretha was an absolute mess, and she didn't blame them if they thought she was crazy. The blue glow of the lanterns was calming, causing Aretha's mind to blank. Then the scratch-scratch sounds of the monster right at her heels brought her out of her stupor. "Ru-," Words were hard to form with her dry tongue. Aretha licked her lips to try again. "W-we have to run! There's a monster, and, and," She trailed off realizing that they didn't believe her. "We have to go," She pleaded, taking a step closer to the group, as her body screamed at her to keep running. "I-I'm a clairvoyant!" Aretha blurted out, "and I saw it! I saw it in a vision!" Maybe the mention of magic would persuade the Arcane dragons to move. But no extra persuading was needed after the monster, with all his feathery limbs and his dripping face, appeared between the trees. (Edited.)

32484240_350.png

Day Three

Aretha made her way back into the woods and hopefully out of it's sight. She had to let out a breath of relief; the monster made no sign of noticing her. She carefully picked her way through the undergrowth, juggling her pearl between her two front claws as her right leg was injured. It wasn't an easy task though, as the pearlcatcher wasn't used to walking that way. And because of that, Aretha accidentally stumbled on her own legs, and she lunged forward to keep her pearl from falling out of her grasp, and in turn fell on a branch with her bad leg. The branch cracked, and she let out a cry as her injury was disturbed. On the ground, she panted, half-collapsed on the ground, trying to regain herself, when the next thing she heard made her blanch.

Slowly, she turned her head back to face the meteor and--Oh, by the Eleven. It's shattered face seemed to look straight into her mind, and it's many tendrils caught her breath halfway up her throat. Aretha didn't dare move a muscle, in case the monster couldn't sense her, in case everything was just a fluke. Then the creature dived forward and Aretha screamed and scrambled up and away. Aretha ignored her pains and instead focused on getting out of there with her pearl. Branches and thorns scrape her hide and her claws were almost ripped from their natural position from the speed she was running.

Suddenly she collided with a mass of fur, and Aretha and the mass rolled down a slope, entangled together. They rolled over sharp stones and multiple branches on the way down. Then Aretha crashed into a tree, with in turn stopped them from rolling down any further. Petals and leaves fell down onto them, ironically peacefully, from the impact. Aretha groaned, and saw that the thing she crashing into was a miffed-looking Starbear. Aretha opened her mouth to say something when the monster emerged at the top of the hill, and Aretha jolted up again, pushing the Starbear out of her way. She later hoped that the bear was unharmed.

Aretha could almost feel the monster's feathers brushing against her spine, and with a burst of adrenaline she propelled herself faster and faster, until the surrounding areas became just one gigantic blur. She was running blind now, and she couldn't even rely on her clairvoyant powers to help her. Because of this, she slammed nose-first into a tree, and she, disoriented, stumbled about.

When her vision cleared, she realized that she was in the middle of a clearing, at the middle of attention. She started at the dragons seated around a skydancer, and she gaped at them, and they gaped back. Aretha was an absolute mess, and she didn't blame them if they thought she was crazy. The blue glow of the lanterns was calming, causing Aretha's mind to blank. Then the scratch-scratch sounds of the monster right at her heels brought her out of her stupor.

"Ru-," Words were hard to form with her dry tongue. Aretha licked her lips to try again. "W-we have to run! There's a monster, and, and," She trailed off realizing that they didn't believe her. "We have to go," She pleaded, taking a step closer to the group, as her body screamed at her to keep running.

"I-I'm a clairvoyant!" Aretha blurted out, "and I saw it! I saw it in a vision!" Maybe the mention of magic would persuade the Arcane dragons to move. But no extra persuading was needed after the monster, with all his feathery limbs and his dripping face, appeared between the trees.

(Edited.)
quill.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33025961] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/330260/33025961_350.png[/img] [/url] Fleeing the scary scene Marduk flew. Currently in the are breathing still kinda shallow from the SUPER scary scorpion thing that, that, oh by the deities above OPENED THAT DIGGITY DARN [u]OOZING[/u] FACE. Feeling something brush against his scales he shuddered and thought, [i]'What if it was the creature?! IT CAN FLY?! Oh by Arcane's stars can it NOT be it?!'[/i] Turning his head around, he sighed, it was only that cute bear from before! He ruffled the bear's fur "Awww! You came with me! Such a nice friend I guess. Baniko would be so proud of me! But not now... Comet? I'll call you that for time being... We got to go to a dragon who can do something!" ----- "All right then, um Comet. Were here! We uh, should go tell them right?" He meekly walked in and found a booth with 'information' on it great! Walking up he first stuttered then eventually started going full out,explaining using hand motions and... it awfully looked like he was making a little show... By the time he had finished he was panting and weary, he really just needed to get this real traumatic event across as much as he could the best he can. Done he started to walk out the doorway to set up his stargazing stand until the Pearlcatcher stopped him. After hearing that he had to either tell the wardens or just read a book about some cases. The spiral went with the book, it's much easier to look at some words than to go and move to tell things to dragons.

33025961_350.png

Fleeing the scary scene Marduk flew. Currently in the are breathing still kinda shallow from the SUPER scary scorpion thing that, that, oh by the deities above OPENED THAT DIGGITY DARN OOZING FACE. Feeling something brush against his scales he shuddered and thought, 'What if it was the creature?! IT CAN FLY?! Oh by Arcane's stars can it NOT be it?!'

Turning his head around, he sighed, it was only that cute bear from before! He ruffled the bear's fur "Awww! You came with me! Such a nice friend I guess. Baniko would be so proud of me! But not now... Comet? I'll call you that for time being... We got to go to a dragon who can do something!"
"All right then, um Comet. Were here! We uh, should go tell them right?" He meekly walked in and found a booth with 'information' on it great! Walking up he first stuttered then eventually started going full out,explaining using hand motions and... it awfully looked like he was making a little show...

By the time he had finished he was panting and weary, he really just needed to get this real traumatic event across as much as he could the best he can. Done he started to walk out the doorway to set up his stargazing stand until the Pearlcatcher stopped him. After hearing that he had to either tell the wardens or just read a book about some cases. The spiral went with the book, it's much easier to look at some words than to go and move to tell things to dragons.
66-BDA59-A-F395-442-D-ADC8-72-AAA10-E29-C5.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34971711][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/349718/34971711_350.png[/img][/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30694103][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/306942/30694103.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28763379][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/287634/28763379.png[/img][/url] Integer had no real fear - this creature surely was a misunderstood creature - but still, something deep inside her panicked and started to run. It felt almost as if one of her silblings took control, but this time she was still in this body. And that was strange. so strange she didn't fight against the mind controlling this body, running away from the insect monster. Only as she stumbled into the celebration, she turned, and fought down the other mind inside her. This creature should not come near any of these party dragons. Integer would not tolerate this. Her sisters body was smaller than her own body, but she would throw herself against the creature to stop it from hurting anyone and hopefully from getting hurt. These poor dragons here would certainly panick at its sight and attack it - maybe they would even kill it.
34971711_350.png
30694103.png28763379.png

Integer had no real fear - this creature surely was a misunderstood creature - but still, something deep inside her panicked and started to run. It felt almost as if one of her silblings took control, but this time she was still in this body. And that was strange. so strange she didn't fight against the mind controlling this body, running away from the insect monster.
Only as she stumbled into the celebration, she turned, and fought down the other mind inside her. This creature should not come near any of these party dragons.
Integer would not tolerate this. Her sisters body was smaller than her own body, but she would throw herself against the creature to stop it from hurting anyone and hopefully from getting hurt.
These poor dragons here would certainly panick at its sight and attack it - maybe they would even kill it.
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32007153] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/320072/32007153_350.png[/img] [/url] Spacedog tripped over his own wings several times on the way out of the forest, stumbling over tree roots and flopping over as he tried to get away from.. whatever he'd just seen in the forest. He could still vividly recall the stench of slime oozing from the creature's face, and hear its feathery tendrils as it moved slightly to face him. The fact that it had no face made the entire exchange all that more intimidating. Tripping over his wings again, he heard something grunting and sniffing around. Petrified, he buried his face in the ground, tensing his body and hoping that the weird faceless creature would leave him alone. It came closer and closer, before if sniffed one of his frill with a wet, cold nose. Letting out a squeak, Spacedog waited for something to happen. Instead he felt something soft and fluffy flop down beside him. Taking a chance to glance up, he caught glimpse of a Starbear, nudging him urgently. Meekly squeaking, Spacedog managed to stand again, spreading his wings and taking to the air this time. it was a lot easier to navigate by flying than it had been to try and run, his wide wings making it easy to maneuver through the small spaces opening up in the forest. Of course, he took note of the bear with the runes, but was too panicked to write anything down, instead focusing on his escape. Finally.. finally he reached the Observatory. The achingly familair scent of arcane magic was thick in the air here, and for a moment he forgot where he was, transfixed by the glitter of the pink light around the Observatory. The familair, soothing presence of the Arcanist. He was probably up there. Spacedog wondered if the Arcanist knew where Tempest was. However, he managed to tear his eyes away from the Observatory and focus back on a nearby Pearlcatcher. Not even waiting, he started communicating with his fellow Arcane born dragon. His excitement making him alarmingly animated and expressive for a fae, he managed to convey his shock and fear quite accurately. And the Pearlcatcher took his words seriously, enough that she agreed to look into.. whatever it was he had just seen. As he paused to look around, he wished that he could help somehow.. learn more about that creature, and the runes on the Starbear... which had.. somehow vanished since his arrival. he felt a bit disappointed now that he had to return to just cooking and making things.. his curiosity still burning questions into his mind. So when the Pearlcatcher called after him and asked him to help, Spacedog was practically frothing at the mouth at the chance to learn more. to have access to the materials and studies of his previous flight [b]"I want to study!"[/b] he shouted, flailing out his frills dramatically to show his intent. Not even waiting for a response from the pearlcatcher, he dashed towards the library, with the intent of making new discoveries.

32007153_350.png

Spacedog tripped over his own wings several times on the way out of the forest, stumbling over tree roots and flopping over as he tried to get away from.. whatever he'd just seen in the forest. He could still vividly recall the stench of slime oozing from the creature's face, and hear its feathery tendrils as it moved slightly to face him. The fact that it had no face made the entire exchange all that more intimidating.

Tripping over his wings again, he heard something grunting and sniffing around. Petrified, he buried his face in the ground, tensing his body and hoping that the weird faceless creature would leave him alone. It came closer and closer, before if sniffed one of his frill with a wet, cold nose. Letting out a squeak, Spacedog waited for something to happen. Instead he felt something soft and fluffy flop down beside him.

Taking a chance to glance up, he caught glimpse of a Starbear, nudging him urgently. Meekly squeaking, Spacedog managed to stand again, spreading his wings and taking to the air this time. it was a lot easier to navigate by flying than it had been to try and run, his wide wings making it easy to maneuver through the small spaces opening up in the forest.

Of course, he took note of the bear with the runes, but was too panicked to write anything down, instead focusing on his escape. Finally.. finally he reached the Observatory. The achingly familair scent of arcane magic was thick in the air here, and for a moment he forgot where he was, transfixed by the glitter of the pink light around the Observatory. The familair, soothing presence of the Arcanist. He was probably up there. Spacedog wondered if the Arcanist knew where Tempest was.

However, he managed to tear his eyes away from the Observatory and focus back on a nearby Pearlcatcher. Not even waiting, he started communicating with his fellow Arcane born dragon. His excitement making him alarmingly animated and expressive for a fae, he managed to convey his shock and fear quite accurately. And the Pearlcatcher took his words seriously, enough that she agreed to look into.. whatever it was he had just seen.

As he paused to look around, he wished that he could help somehow.. learn more about that creature, and the runes on the Starbear... which had.. somehow vanished since his arrival. he felt a bit disappointed now that he had to return to just cooking and making things.. his curiosity still burning questions into his mind.

So when the Pearlcatcher called after him and asked him to help, Spacedog was practically frothing at the mouth at the chance to learn more. to have access to the materials and studies of his previous flight "I want to study!" he shouted, flailing out his frills dramatically to show his intent. Not even waiting for a response from the pearlcatcher, he dashed towards the library, with the intent of making new discoveries.
want to learn about project egg? Click HERE!
draconequis_custom_banner_by_lightdragon777-d7qsnp5.gif
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35141166] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/351412/35141166_350.png[/img] [/url] Gomrin had quickly changed his viewpoint on whatever that...alien-like [i]thing[/i] was when its long claws had managed to take a chunk out of the meteorite it was now sitting on. Gods above, if those deadly-looking talons on the end of each of its fingers were strong enough to carve holes into solid rock, then he could only imagine what they'd do to dragon scales. They'd probably pierce through his hide like a knife through hot butter, and then keep on going to boot. Suddenly, the Pearlcatcher didn't think staying and observing the creature had necessarily been the wisest of choices. Granted, Gomrin hadn't exactly made many choices that [i]could[/i] be considered wise in his short lifetime, but now he was starting to regret not contacting the proper authorities to see if this thing really was a native life form or not. In fact, he was starting to regret ever following that stupid Starbear off of the path in the first place. What kind of self-respecting dragon would blindly follow a [i]bear[/i] into the woods and trust that everything would work out okay? Thariin would have given him quite the hearty lecture about using his head, had the Guardian male actually been around to witness his charge's stupidity. Whatever the case, Gomrin was keen to get out of here as quickly as possible- surely he could still make it to the festival with time to spare if he stopped letting this creature distract him and just retraced his steps. Let this thing be someone else's problem, for all he cared. He wasn't about to start messing with this creature, especially if there was more where that one had come from. That train of thought quickly went south once a branch that he hadn't noticed at all cracked under his feet, and as the creature raised its head to look at him and that horrifyingly blank face seemed to split in two, the Pearlcatcher seemed to utterly forget whatever warrior training he had received over the past year. Now, all that was on his mind was [i]running[/i]. Running as fast as he could in the opposite direction, and just praying that he had a head start over the creature to delay the inevitable. So he fled, breath catching in his throat as he heard that horrible skittering noise behind him, knowing that the darn thing was closing the distance between them and[i] oh dear Gladekeeper it was going to devour him[/i]- A scream almost escaped from Gomrin's throat as he tripped over something, but once he realized that it was only the overly fluffy form of a Starbear he was quick to shove the offending creature aside- he'd had quite enough of bears for one evening, thank you very much!- and scurry onward, praying that the creature hadn't managed to cover enough ground to catch up to him during his trip (and also that the goods he was carrying were staying relatively unscathed by the fast pace). It only occurred to him that running might not have been the best of options when the undergrowth thinned and he burst into a clearing full of dragons, looking quite manic with stray leaves and twigs scattered throughout his fur. It took Gomrin only a second to size up the situation, and his heart was quick to sink right down to the very pits of his chest as he realized that he'd stupidly managed to lead the rampaging beast right to the middle of whatever celebration this happened to be. He had to do [i]something[/i]. [i]He[/i] was the one that had led that thing here in the first place, and now it was his responsibility to take care of it. While the beast was some still some distance away, he shouted to the fellow Pearlcatcher and his charges, figuring that it would be best to get them out of the area or at least prepare them for what was to come. "Does anyone here have fighting experience?" he shouted, somehow making himself heard over the cacophony of confused whispers. "There's some kind of....creature following me, and I don't think I can handle it by myself! Please, get the others who can't defend themselves to safety! The rest of you,find whatever you can to defend yourself!" Whether anyone actually heeded his call or not- Gomrin was sure that they wouldn't take very kindly to a complete stranger giving them demands, but this was no time to debate over a course of action- the Pearlcatcher warrior would unsheathe his sword from its halberd, clenching it in his hands while unfurling his wings and letting a feral snarl spring onto his lips. If that thing wanted to hurt anyone here, it was going to have to go through him. [b]Try to stop the creature! [/b] (Though he kind of did a bit of both so lmao idk)

35141166_350.png

Gomrin had quickly changed his viewpoint on whatever that...alien-like thing was when its long claws had managed to take a chunk out of the meteorite it was now sitting on. Gods above, if those deadly-looking talons on the end of each of its fingers were strong enough to carve holes into solid rock, then he could only imagine what they'd do to dragon scales. They'd probably pierce through his hide like a knife through hot butter, and then keep on going to boot. Suddenly, the Pearlcatcher didn't think staying and observing the creature had necessarily been the wisest of choices. Granted, Gomrin hadn't exactly made many choices that could be considered wise in his short lifetime, but now he was starting to regret not contacting the proper authorities to see if this thing really was a native life form or not. In fact, he was starting to regret ever following that stupid Starbear off of the path in the first place. What kind of self-respecting dragon would blindly follow a bear into the woods and trust that everything would work out okay? Thariin would have given him quite the hearty lecture about using his head, had the Guardian male actually been around to witness his charge's stupidity.

Whatever the case, Gomrin was keen to get out of here as quickly as possible- surely he could still make it to the festival with time to spare if he stopped letting this creature distract him and just retraced his steps. Let this thing be someone else's problem, for all he cared. He wasn't about to start messing with this creature, especially if there was more where that one had come from. That train of thought quickly went south once a branch that he hadn't noticed at all cracked under his feet, and as the creature raised its head to look at him and that horrifyingly blank face seemed to split in two, the Pearlcatcher seemed to utterly forget whatever warrior training he had received over the past year. Now, all that was on his mind was running. Running as fast as he could in the opposite direction, and just praying that he had a head start over the creature to delay the inevitable. So he fled, breath catching in his throat as he heard that horrible skittering noise behind him, knowing that the darn thing was closing the distance between them and oh dear Gladekeeper it was going to devour him-

A scream almost escaped from Gomrin's throat as he tripped over something, but once he realized that it was only the overly fluffy form of a Starbear he was quick to shove the offending creature aside- he'd had quite enough of bears for one evening, thank you very much!- and scurry onward, praying that the creature hadn't managed to cover enough ground to catch up to him during his trip (and also that the goods he was carrying were staying relatively unscathed by the fast pace). It only occurred to him that running might not have been the best of options when the undergrowth thinned and he burst into a clearing full of dragons, looking quite manic with stray leaves and twigs scattered throughout his fur. It took Gomrin only a second to size up the situation, and his heart was quick to sink right down to the very pits of his chest as he realized that he'd stupidly managed to lead the rampaging beast right to the middle of whatever celebration this happened to be.

He had to do something. He was the one that had led that thing here in the first place, and now it was his responsibility to take care of it. While the beast was some still some distance away, he shouted to the fellow Pearlcatcher and his charges, figuring that it would be best to get them out of the area or at least prepare them for what was to come. "Does anyone here have fighting experience?" he shouted, somehow making himself heard over the cacophony of confused whispers. "There's some kind of....creature following me, and I don't think I can handle it by myself! Please, get the others who can't defend themselves to safety! The rest of you,find whatever you can to defend yourself!" Whether anyone actually heeded his call or not- Gomrin was sure that they wouldn't take very kindly to a complete stranger giving them demands, but this was no time to debate over a course of action- the Pearlcatcher warrior would unsheathe his sword from its halberd, clenching it in his hands while unfurling his wings and letting a feral snarl spring onto his lips.

If that thing wanted to hurt anyone here, it was going to have to go through him.

Try to stop the creature! (Though he kind of did a bit of both so lmao idk)
6bbcbe9acf989176baa27b08e3311178ac4b7a7c.gif
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6469282] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/64693/6469282_350.png[/img] [/url] Day Two[/center] As the bear slowly lumbered through the forest, Beads wondered where it was going and whether it was really wise to follow it. Luckily, it wasn't hostile and it wasn't bothered by him, so he kept going. He looked around and realized the trees were getting closer together and the foliage was dense enough to block out most sunlight. Beads counted himself lucky. If the bear hadn't been so bright and fluffy, he might have gotten lost much sooner. The bear had lead him to an open space in the woods, cleared by an absolutely huge meteor. Beads was stunned. [i]This has to be the source of that glow.[/i] A strange creature slowly emerged from behind the meteor and crawled on top of it. Its featureless face horrified him. The starbears around him weren't scared by it, but the the sounds it made and its long, spindly features terrified Beads. He took flight and flew away from the creature, not even thinking that he should tell someone. Well, it's not my problem anymore. @Lundlaeva I forgot to submit my response yesterday, but I was able to do so today. My apologies.

6469282_350.png

Day Two

As the bear slowly lumbered through the forest, Beads wondered where it was going and whether it was really wise to follow it. Luckily, it wasn't hostile and it wasn't bothered by him, so he kept going. He looked around and realized the trees were getting closer together and the foliage was dense enough to block out most sunlight. Beads counted himself lucky. If the bear hadn't been so bright and fluffy, he might have gotten lost much sooner.

The bear had lead him to an open space in the woods, cleared by an absolutely huge meteor. Beads was stunned. This has to be the source of that glow. A strange creature slowly emerged from behind the meteor and crawled on top of it. Its featureless face horrified him. The starbears around him weren't scared by it, but the the sounds it made and its long, spindly features terrified Beads. He took flight and flew away from the creature, not even thinking that he should tell someone.

Well, it's not my problem anymore.

@Lundlaeva

I forgot to submit my response yesterday, but I was able to do so today. My apologies.
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28107668] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/281077/28107668_350.png[/img] [/url] Phase stared at the horrid... [i]thing[/i], his analytical mind trying to comprehend it. [i]A... Dragon? No, it can't be... Did it come from space? Is it Shade related?[/i] His thought process flew faster than he could honestly even stop to consider, just staring in horrified fascination at the thing. But when it's face started to turn into [i]slime[/i]... There was only so much even he could handle. Not making a second thought, he turned tail and flew; he HAD to find someone who can actually deal with that thing. Only passingly glancing at a Starbear that had wandered over, he ran through the forest as fast as he could till he found a big enough clearing to take off. [i]What in the name of the Lightweaver WAS that thing?[/i] he thought, frowning. He barely registered the Starbear that somehow flew beside him, far too focused on the current turn of events. [i]The Clan! I'll head towards there and tell Galiwyth; he will know what to do,[/i] Phase immediately thought of as he swung towards the bright lights of the festival in the distance on the Focal Point, the Starbear still close behind. [center]0o0o0[/center] [i]Where in the Tangled Woods are they?[/i] Phase thought fiercely as he swerved his head, scanning the crowd. He raced through the festivities, not noticing the looks he gained as he pushed past many miffed Dragons, but his search was in vain. [i]They aren't here! What should I do...[/i] he growled softly to himself as his heart raced; he was never prepared for something like this to happen, and now he cursed himself for having left after the others had already gone. [i]There's nothing else to do![/i] He looked up at the highest peak of the Focal Point where the tallest structure was mounted. Normally he would be fascinated by the stars the shown above the Observatory, but the constellations were the last thing on his mind. Racing as quickly as he could, he ran up the path that lead to the Observatory but slowed down when he reached it. Coming to a stop in front of the door, he hesitated for just a moment. [i]My first time in the Observatory... No! This is no time for such childish thought![/i] He asserted as he walked up to the entrance, but stopped when he noticed the 'Information' booth just outside. [i]Perfect![/i] Phase thought, more than a little relieved he didn't have to actually go inside as it was a bit daunting. When he saw the Pearlcatcher, he immediately began to rapidly explain everything he saw; the Meteorite, the Thing, the Starbears, all in the Starwood Strand. When he finished his rapid-fire explanation, he could immediately tell the Pearlcatcher was more than a little surprised at suddenly being told all that, but she instantly regained her composure. After explaining that she would definitely inform the Flight, Phase relaxed, turning to leave when he noticed the Starbear had even followed him there. [i]You don't worry about anything,[/i] Phase said internally to the bear, but it just sat there and yawned. Phase, also feeling a bit drained from the sudden amount of adrenaline, was about to fly off when the Pearlcatcher grabbed his arm. Explaining how she needed to both inform the Wardens and research the Thing, Phase immediately knew what he was going to do. "[b]I'll research it[/b], and you go inform the Wardens; tell me where the library is," he said much more steadily then he felt. [i]I NEED to know more about... whatever that thing is![/i]

28107668_350.png

Phase stared at the horrid... thing, his analytical mind trying to comprehend it. A... Dragon? No, it can't be... Did it come from space? Is it Shade related? His thought process flew faster than he could honestly even stop to consider, just staring in horrified fascination at the thing. But when it's face started to turn into slime...

There was only so much even he could handle. Not making a second thought, he turned tail and flew; he HAD to find someone who can actually deal with that thing. Only passingly glancing at a Starbear that had wandered over, he ran through the forest as fast as he could till he found a big enough clearing to take off. What in the name of the Lightweaver WAS that thing? he thought, frowning. He barely registered the Starbear that somehow flew beside him, far too focused on the current turn of events.

The Clan! I'll head towards there and tell Galiwyth; he will know what to do, Phase immediately thought of as he swung towards the bright lights of the festival in the distance on the Focal Point, the Starbear still close behind.

0o0o0

Where in the Tangled Woods are they? Phase thought fiercely as he swerved his head, scanning the crowd. He raced through the festivities, not noticing the looks he gained as he pushed past many miffed Dragons, but his search was in vain. They aren't here! What should I do... he growled softly to himself as his heart raced; he was never prepared for something like this to happen, and now he cursed himself for having left after the others had already gone.

There's nothing else to do! He looked up at the highest peak of the Focal Point where the tallest structure was mounted. Normally he would be fascinated by the stars the shown above the Observatory, but the constellations were the last thing on his mind.

Racing as quickly as he could, he ran up the path that lead to the Observatory but slowed down when he reached it. Coming to a stop in front of the door, he hesitated for just a moment. My first time in the Observatory... No! This is no time for such childish thought! He asserted as he walked up to the entrance, but stopped when he noticed the 'Information' booth just outside.

Perfect! Phase thought, more than a little relieved he didn't have to actually go inside as it was a bit daunting. When he saw the Pearlcatcher, he immediately began to rapidly explain everything he saw; the Meteorite, the Thing, the Starbears, all in the Starwood Strand. When he finished his rapid-fire explanation, he could immediately tell the Pearlcatcher was more than a little surprised at suddenly being told all that, but she instantly regained her composure. After explaining that she would definitely inform the Flight, Phase relaxed, turning to leave when he noticed the Starbear had even followed him there.

You don't worry about anything, Phase said internally to the bear, but it just sat there and yawned. Phase, also feeling a bit drained from the sudden amount of adrenaline, was about to fly off when the Pearlcatcher grabbed his arm. Explaining how she needed to both inform the Wardens and research the Thing, Phase immediately knew what he was going to do.

"I'll research it, and you go inform the Wardens; tell me where the library is," he said much more steadily then he felt. I NEED to know more about... whatever that thing is!
U4Cs8mx.gif
|| He/She/They | FRT+3 | INFP | Demi x3 | Lore Clan | Eternal Acolight ||
floating_hearts_demiromantic_by_awesomewaffle11-dczokz7.giffloating_hearts_demigirl_by_awesomewaffle11-dczoifg.giffloating_hearts_demisexual_by_awesomewaffle11-dczokz2.gif
Day 2 [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=1907764] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/19078/1907764_350.png[/img] [/url] Heliotrope stared at the creature before him, partially in awe and partially in fear. Suddenly, the full thought of the creature registered in his brain and he stumbled back. Heliotrope felt like screaming and making his way out of the woods as quick as possible but he forced himself to stay calm. Should I tell someone? Perhaps not.[b] It really wasn't his problem[/b]. Plus, stuff like this happened all the time in Arcane, right?
Day 2

1907764_350.png

Heliotrope stared at the creature before him, partially in awe and partially in fear. Suddenly, the full thought of the creature registered in his brain and he stumbled back. Heliotrope felt like screaming and making his way out of the woods as quick as possible but he forced himself to stay calm. Should I tell someone? Perhaps not. It really wasn't his problem. Plus, stuff like this happened all the time in Arcane, right?
1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 52 53