Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Merchant Square Mafia Discussion - END
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 148 149
@CaptainCookie @Gwendolyn @Werelynx

You guys make valid points, and I can agree I used to be against random lynches. But I dunno..

I think a proper way for us to all agree at this point is to semi-actively look for someone to lynch. It's not a guarantee we do lynch today, but if we find someone who a majority of the people agree on, we lynch them. owo;

That way we can be a little relaxed and not try to run after the clock and accidentally lynch someone who might be of help to town. Just my thoughts, at least. *shrugshrug*

@CaptainCookie @Gwendolyn @Werelynx

You guys make valid points, and I can agree I used to be against random lynches. But I dunno..

I think a proper way for us to all agree at this point is to semi-actively look for someone to lynch. It's not a guarantee we do lynch today, but if we find someone who a majority of the people agree on, we lynch them. owo;

That way we can be a little relaxed and not try to run after the clock and accidentally lynch someone who might be of help to town. Just my thoughts, at least. *shrugshrug*

Used to be Bearteeth
call me bear
ink2.png
I see debate on a D1 lynch. Not gonna comment on it, as I feel I made my pistion clear. What I will hand over is a list of 'posted so far'. Might help decisions, even if it is the first few hours...

Who's Posted list:
1.StormDreamer
2.Journey
3.SilverNight104
4.nsts
5.SilverDragon568
6.Frysa
7.Teddybears
8.luxmold
9.DuskyFlareon
10.WithoutBounds
11.Revalis
12.AgentGabriel
13.CaptianCookie
14.TheNightDancer
15.Werelynx
16.Gwendolyn

So we have 9 players who haven't yet posted. I suspect some might post given time, but there are 1 or 2 who haven't been that active on the forums in general. (14+ days since last forums activity; one of those lairs is starved.)
I see debate on a D1 lynch. Not gonna comment on it, as I feel I made my pistion clear. What I will hand over is a list of 'posted so far'. Might help decisions, even if it is the first few hours...

Who's Posted list:
1.StormDreamer
2.Journey
3.SilverNight104
4.nsts
5.SilverDragon568
6.Frysa
7.Teddybears
8.luxmold
9.DuskyFlareon
10.WithoutBounds
11.Revalis
12.AgentGabriel
13.CaptianCookie
14.TheNightDancer
15.Werelynx
16.Gwendolyn

So we have 9 players who haven't yet posted. I suspect some might post given time, but there are 1 or 2 who haven't been that active on the forums in general. (14+ days since last forums activity; one of those lairs is starved.)

He/him | FRT+1 x
Sorry I haven't been on! Real life problems -.-
Anyways! I hope to be on more again!

1. Introduce Yourself:
Hello! I'm Lpshoper, just call me Lp or Littlest or Sierra.

2. When are you around?
I'm +1 FR time and I tend to get on ASAP! Except my little brother is visiting for a couple days so we have to take turns on the computer :/

3. Do you like your role?
Yeah, its cool, but I'm not picky tbh X3

4. What's your personal meta?
I forgot what this means

5. Day one lynch?
Eh, I don't want to accidentally kill an innocent but at the same time if we get a scum that helps...I'm neutral on this

6. You lead, or follow?
A bit of both. Depends on how well I know everyone. I'll probably mostly just follow unless I strongly believe I'm right.

7. Space core says 'Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaace!'
*Hugs* Spaceeeeeee
Sorry I haven't been on! Real life problems -.-
Anyways! I hope to be on more again!

1. Introduce Yourself:
Hello! I'm Lpshoper, just call me Lp or Littlest or Sierra.

2. When are you around?
I'm +1 FR time and I tend to get on ASAP! Except my little brother is visiting for a couple days so we have to take turns on the computer :/

3. Do you like your role?
Yeah, its cool, but I'm not picky tbh X3

4. What's your personal meta?
I forgot what this means

5. Day one lynch?
Eh, I don't want to accidentally kill an innocent but at the same time if we get a scum that helps...I'm neutral on this

6. You lead, or follow?
A bit of both. Depends on how well I know everyone. I'll probably mostly just follow unless I strongly believe I'm right.

7. Space core says 'Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaace!'
*Hugs* Spaceeeeeee
CJ7NAvy.pngIts Lpshoper, not Ipshoper!

tumblr_inline_ou7qi6j34t1r2ao8y_540.png

rYp8BR7.png
aiheRBy.png
@Teddybears

You make a valid point. It would make sense to find someone we can agree on early rather that rush like we always near the end of d1 because we get so caught up in fluffville.
@Teddybears

You make a valid point. It would make sense to find someone we can agree on early rather that rush like we always near the end of d1 because we get so caught up in fluffville.
@captiancookie Why would using your role prevent you from posting in the thread at all? Usually from my experience, if the person is not active in thread, they're not active in the game in general, therefore not using their ability. If they are using their ability and not active in the thread, then that means they're lurking which is suspicious af. Lurking is something that inexperienced mafs usually do because they don't know how to enter a discussion without looking scummy. There is the possibility that they are town, so yes, it's risky. But that's the thing, anyone can act scummy and be town, anybody can act towny and be scum... and this applies to the entire game, not just D1. So we have to work with the information we have. The majority of the time, people with scummy behavior usually end up being maf. I've seen it happen more than a scummy person flipping town. [quote]Lynching a scummy person is slightly better, but as there is probably a bigger amount of town than mafia roles, there is a bigger chance it will be a townie, even IF the person is acting scummy.[/quote] Again, this applies to the entire game, not just D1. There is always a bigger chance of hitting a townie than a mafia. Again, we need to work with the information we have so that we prevent mislynches as much as possible. A D1 lynch based on reason is not as harmful as a random lynch. @gwendolyn [quote]I used to be for d1 lynching as i thought that not lynching gave maf a free shot, and sure not lynching any night gives maf a free shot, not just d1/n1. Anytime we hit town when lynching it gives maf a free hit. So with D1 lynching we have no clue who is scum and most people don't really post but their questionnaires and a lot of fluff. Getting convo started is good and that's what this does, but it is very hard to hit maf day 1. [/quote] I agree with you here. Yes, it's very hard to hit mafia when we have limited information. But it is a freebie for the mafia because lynching is often town's only weapon. Yes, it can hit a townie and help mafia out. But lynching, in my opinion, always gives more information than a mafia kill. This is because people generally give their reasons for their decision, for who they're voting for, or whether we should vote at all. It helps greatly if someone's reasoning happens to be off in some way or another. And then, there might be players who don't give reasoning at all and just join the bandwagon. In that case, then we know that the player tends to sheep more than others. Also just it's hard to find mafia on D1 doesn't mean it's impossible. Zootopia is a good example of this. @teddybears A D1 lynch isn't really the same as a random lynch. A random lynch means... well, just that, a lynch based on no reason whatsoever. A reasonable lynch happens when there's... reasons. That's why it's reasonable. This game requires reasons. You guys have to have reason. Have I mentioned reasoning yet? *ahem* But I agree with you, yes, we should never rush a lynch.
@captiancookie

Why would using your role prevent you from posting in the thread at all? Usually from my experience, if the person is not active in thread, they're not active in the game in general, therefore not using their ability.

If they are using their ability and not active in the thread, then that means they're lurking which is suspicious **. Lurking is something that inexperienced mafs usually do because they don't know how to enter a discussion without looking scummy. There is the possibility that they are town, so yes, it's risky. But that's the thing, anyone can act scummy and be town, anybody can act towny and be scum... and this applies to the entire game, not just D1. So we have to work with the information we have. The majority of the time, people with scummy behavior usually end up being maf. I've seen it happen more than a scummy person flipping town.
Quote:
Lynching a scummy person is slightly better, but as there is probably a bigger amount of town than mafia roles, there is a bigger chance it will be a townie, even IF the person is acting scummy.

Again, this applies to the entire game, not just D1. There is always a bigger chance of hitting a townie than a mafia. Again, we need to work with the information we have so that we prevent mislynches as much as possible.

A D1 lynch based on reason is not as harmful as a random lynch.

@gwendolyn
Quote:
I used to be for d1 lynching as i thought that not lynching gave maf a free shot, and sure not lynching any night gives maf a free shot, not just d1/n1. Anytime we hit town when lynching it gives maf a free hit. So with D1 lynching we have no clue who is scum and most people don't really post but their questionnaires and a lot of fluff. Getting convo started is good and that's what this does, but it is very hard to hit maf day 1.

I agree with you here. Yes, it's very hard to hit mafia when we have limited information. But it is a freebie for the mafia because lynching is often town's only weapon.

Yes, it can hit a townie and help mafia out. But lynching, in my opinion, always gives more information than a mafia kill. This is because people generally give their reasons for their decision, for who they're voting for, or whether we should vote at all. It helps greatly if someone's reasoning happens to be off in some way or another. And then, there might be players who don't give reasoning at all and just join the bandwagon. In that case, then we know that the player tends to sheep more than others.

Also just it's hard to find mafia on D1 doesn't mean it's impossible. Zootopia is a good example of this.

@teddybears

A D1 lynch isn't really the same as a random lynch. A random lynch means... well, just that, a lynch based on no reason whatsoever. A reasonable lynch happens when there's... reasons. That's why it's reasonable.
This game requires reasons. You guys have to have reason. Have I mentioned reasoning yet?
*ahem*

But I agree with you, yes, we should never rush a lynch.
Blue_Rose.pngunknown.pngPale_Pink_Rose.png
@Werelynx [quote]Why would using your role prevent you from posting in the thread at all? Usually from my experience, if the person is not active in thread, they're not active in the game in general, therefore not using their ability.[/quote] I said that the person could just not talk and use theor role, nothing about the role preventing speakinh, but it is possible, especially if there is a silencing role, which will probably be maf. [quote]A D1 lynch isn't really the same as a random lynch. A random lynch means... well, just that, a lynch based on no reason whatsoever. A reasonable lynch happens when there's... reasons. That's why it's reasonable.[/quote] More often than not, D1 is introductions and fluff, the only way you could lynch someone with reason is if you use the reasons you mentioned, which causes a whole bunch of problemsni elaborated on earlier. All of your "it applies on all days, not just D1" makes sense, but on day one, we litterly have no evidence, so lynching someone is either because of some arbitrary reason or nearly completely random.
@Werelynx
Quote:
Why would using your role prevent you from posting in the thread at all? Usually from my experience, if the person is not active in thread, they're not active in the game in general, therefore not using their ability.
I said that the person could just not talk and use theor role, nothing about the role preventing speakinh, but it is possible, especially if there is a silencing role, which will probably be maf.
Quote:
A D1 lynch isn't really the same as a random lynch. A random lynch means... well, just that, a lynch based on no reason whatsoever. A reasonable lynch happens when there's... reasons. That's why it's reasonable.
More often than not, D1 is introductions and fluff, the only way you could lynch someone with reason is if
you use the reasons you mentioned, which causes a whole bunch of problemsni elaborated on earlier.

All of your "it applies on all days, not just D1" makes sense, but on day one, we litterly have no evidence, so lynching someone is either because of some arbitrary reason or nearly completely random.
854_0b2828e6da7a7fa3_I.gif
@Werelynx

All points are true and can fit into any day for that matter. Just like @captiancookie said in their post. If there is no reason to the lynch, then why bother with it. so yes reasoning is a big thing when coming up with a lynch target. just throwing a vote randomly can lead to more mislynches then not. Yes, I am aware that zootopia is the exception to rule that we never lynch maf on D1. But from what I hear, Alois is a super mafia sleuth and is very good at hunting scum. Still, nevertheless, what goes for d1 lynches needs to go for all lynches.
@Werelynx

All points are true and can fit into any day for that matter. Just like @captiancookie said in their post. If there is no reason to the lynch, then why bother with it. so yes reasoning is a big thing when coming up with a lynch target. just throwing a vote randomly can lead to more mislynches then not. Yes, I am aware that zootopia is the exception to rule that we never lynch maf on D1. But from what I hear, Alois is a super mafia sleuth and is very good at hunting scum. Still, nevertheless, what goes for d1 lynches needs to go for all lynches.
@Werelynx
I would be okay with a Day one lynch, all things considered. However, I get the feeling that this is a role madness game, meaning that everyone probably has an ability they can use. In this kinda situations, I feel horrible lynching someone day 1 because that means all the effort the mod put into making that role and those abilities is wasted. Ya feel?
@Werelynx
I would be okay with a Day one lynch, all things considered. However, I get the feeling that this is a role madness game, meaning that everyone probably has an ability they can use. In this kinda situations, I feel horrible lynching someone day 1 because that means all the effort the mod put into making that role and those abilities is wasted. Ya feel?
Lux is probably right.

In Sing Up thread it was mentioned that we will have multiple roles and in rules there is that we can use only one ability per night.

It's also safe to assume mafia has faction kill, I guess.
Lux is probably right.

In Sing Up thread it was mentioned that we will have multiple roles and in rules there is that we can use only one ability per night.

It's also safe to assume mafia has faction kill, I guess.
1374_250px_widmo_by_miirshroom-dbua899.png
@nsts
...are we friends?
@nsts
...are we friends?
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 148 149