Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | DETERMINATION--Game thread [OVER]
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 96 97
Yoo, on the 30th I'll be in the car all day, and after that I'll be semi-inactive for two weeks. But I'll still post and stuff !
Yoo, on the 30th I'll be in the car all day, and after that I'll be semi-inactive for two weeks. But I'll still post and stuff !
Holy moly hi everyone!! I was asleep when this started, so I'm pretty late to this party ahaha
1: basic intros with pronouns and active times.
My name is chiono, but I've been known as chi! My pronouns are they/them and I'm active usually, depending on the Mafia start and finish times! I'm asleep from FR 3:00 to FR 15:00 so I've yet to sort out my timetable ahah

2: Mafia experience?
I've played a couple of games before, so I'm still learning!

3: Have you played with anyone here before?
I've played with a lot of these players before!

4: your expectations?
Some reaaaaaaly good gameplay, I love the role ideas, so I'm really looking forward to playing this Mafia

5: cruuuuuuumbs~? (Optional, of course.)
I've learnt I'm horrible at crumbing cos I got flamed on previously, so I'm going to just leave this part alone.

6: (last minute question) what is your stance on D1 lynches and/or risking lynching a town role in order to expose the scum?
Like Faye said, D1 are risky but to be honest, im inclined to lynch D1 because it's important. You can root out inactive players or off-the-bat sus players, plus you have ideas of how people are like and you can grow your own suspect list.

7: (oh my look another last minute question) Your personal meta? How do you usually play and what can people expect from you?
I usually try to engage myself in the discussion and try to keep up as I find it super hard to just stay quiet in Mafia. I quote EVERYTHING, quotes are everywhere I'm my speech, especially long posts and me trying to prove something. Along those lines, i tend to get stressed a lot and I become way more aggressive than I should, but Ive been working on that so you shouldn't expect any aggression from me!
Holy moly hi everyone!! I was asleep when this started, so I'm pretty late to this party ahaha
1: basic intros with pronouns and active times.
My name is chiono, but I've been known as chi! My pronouns are they/them and I'm active usually, depending on the Mafia start and finish times! I'm asleep from FR 3:00 to FR 15:00 so I've yet to sort out my timetable ahah

2: Mafia experience?
I've played a couple of games before, so I'm still learning!

3: Have you played with anyone here before?
I've played with a lot of these players before!

4: your expectations?
Some reaaaaaaly good gameplay, I love the role ideas, so I'm really looking forward to playing this Mafia

5: cruuuuuuumbs~? (Optional, of course.)
I've learnt I'm horrible at crumbing cos I got flamed on previously, so I'm going to just leave this part alone.

6: (last minute question) what is your stance on D1 lynches and/or risking lynching a town role in order to expose the scum?
Like Faye said, D1 are risky but to be honest, im inclined to lynch D1 because it's important. You can root out inactive players or off-the-bat sus players, plus you have ideas of how people are like and you can grow your own suspect list.

7: (oh my look another last minute question) Your personal meta? How do you usually play and what can people expect from you?
I usually try to engage myself in the discussion and try to keep up as I find it super hard to just stay quiet in Mafia. I quote EVERYTHING, quotes are everywhere I'm my speech, especially long posts and me trying to prove something. Along those lines, i tend to get stressed a lot and I become way more aggressive than I should, but Ive been working on that so you shouldn't expect any aggression from me!
Square-3.png

o p r h y not o r p h y
op / oppy
she / her
fr + 17
Ok, I'll count the posts later, but the spreadsheet is otherwise updated.
Ok, I'll count the posts later, but the spreadsheet is otherwise updated.
[quote name="@StarSync" date=2016-06-26 18:10:37] Does anyone have suggestions so i can have so starters and i don't quit because of confusion in the first day or two? [/quote] - Talk. talk, talk. Any suspicions, reads, etc. Update everyone a lot on your ideas. Quiet people are often viewed as lurkers, and a lot of people find lurkers suspicious (though I find in personal experience, they are usually just newbies). Being quiet is a good way to get yourself quickly lynched. - Never trust anyone. Especially people 'leading' town, because a lot of times, talkative mafia who can pull off good bluffs will try to assume a leading position so that they're the last suspect on people's minds. My first game ended up being a mafia win because we fell for that tactic. Just because it quacks like a duck doesn't mean it is one. - This is the hardest for newbies, but try not to sheep, which is basically when everything someone says is following up on another person's ideas. It's another commonly used scum tactic that scum roles use to avoid suspicion (they're talking a lot but only agreeing with the most widely supported theories/opinions instead of presenting their own), but a lot of newbies do it without realizing as well. Just always try to dig deeper. I recommend keeping a spreadsheet on everything that will help you catch any switches of opinion, changes in demeanor, suspicious drops or rises in activity, etc. Also if you have any questions on anything feel free to ask us, or just ask Beq. Beq is like the queen of mafia. XD
@StarSync wrote on 2016-06-26:
Does anyone have suggestions so i can have so starters and i don't quit because of confusion in the first day or two?

- Talk. talk, talk. Any suspicions, reads, etc. Update everyone a lot on your ideas. Quiet people are often viewed as lurkers, and a lot of people find lurkers suspicious (though I find in personal experience, they are usually just newbies). Being quiet is a good way to get yourself quickly lynched.

- Never trust anyone. Especially people 'leading' town, because a lot of times, talkative mafia who can pull off good bluffs will try to assume a leading position so that they're the last suspect on people's minds. My first game ended up being a mafia win because we fell for that tactic. Just because it quacks like a duck doesn't mean it is one.

- This is the hardest for newbies, but try not to sheep, which is basically when everything someone says is following up on another person's ideas. It's another commonly used scum tactic that scum roles use to avoid suspicion (they're talking a lot but only agreeing with the most widely supported theories/opinions instead of presenting their own), but a lot of newbies do it without realizing as well. Just always try to dig deeper. I recommend keeping a spreadsheet on everything that will help you catch any switches of opinion, changes in demeanor, suspicious drops or rises in activity, etc.

Also if you have any questions on anything feel free to ask us, or just ask Beq. Beq is like the queen of mafia. XD
bann.png
@StarSync
I can't really help you with advice. This is only my 3rd game and I never really got eased into it. Day one of my first game the mod accidentally mod confirmed me and second game I went almost the entire game without suspicion. Also, I was an innocent in both games. I never did any research or anything like that. I just kind of jumped into this with no preparation.

Also, one other thing. I want you to know that, since you reminded me of the snow fight, I will be throwing snowballs at you in every post directed towards you. So, here you go.

*Throws another snowball at them. The snowball reads "I hope you don't have a bad time during your first game"*
@StarSync
I can't really help you with advice. This is only my 3rd game and I never really got eased into it. Day one of my first game the mod accidentally mod confirmed me and second game I went almost the entire game without suspicion. Also, I was an innocent in both games. I never did any research or anything like that. I just kind of jumped into this with no preparation.

Also, one other thing. I want you to know that, since you reminded me of the snow fight, I will be throwing snowballs at you in every post directed towards you. So, here you go.

*Throws another snowball at them. The snowball reads "I hope you don't have a bad time during your first game"*
tq6VrgN.png

Mai/Mat
he/they/it
[quote name="@Blizzardwing" date=2016-06-26 18:03:49] @ Bluealphyn885 I'm going to be squinting at you this game. I won't be tricked again by you [/quote] You're right, you won't be getting tricked this round. Unfortunately I rolled town this time :p
@Blizzardwing wrote on 2016-06-26:
@ Bluealphyn885
I'm going to be squinting at you this game. I won't be tricked again by you

You're right, you won't be getting tricked this round. Unfortunately I rolled town this time :p

download-3.png FR+3
Any pronouns
Sell me your frogs!
@Bluealphyn885
So you say
@Bluealphyn885
So you say
tq6VrgN.png

Mai/Mat
he/they/it
@BlueAlphyn885
Did you really, Alphyn, or...is that just what you want us to think.
@BlueAlphyn885
Did you really, Alphyn, or...is that just what you want us to think.
@BlueAlphyn885 [quote name="BlueAlphyn885" date=2016-06-26 19:20:46] You're right, you won't be getting tricked this round. Unfortunately I rolled town this time :p [/quote] "Unfortunately"
@BlueAlphyn885
BlueAlphyn885 wrote on 2016-06-26:

You're right, you won't be getting tricked this round. Unfortunately I rolled town this time :p

"Unfortunately"

LJfZA40.png6JxFimx.png
DrvBF2Y.png5iXiC8z.pngq3Me7tJ.pngH0t7Ypl.png
Pgv53XB.pngOPFWPxg.png
[quote name="@SilverWinter" date=2016-06-26 19:27:04] @ BlueAlphyn885 [quote name="BlueAlphyn885" date=2016-06-26 19:20:46] You're right, you won't be getting tricked this round. Unfortunately I rolled town this time :p [/quote] "Unfortunately" [/quote] Yes, unfortunately. I quite honestly prefer to play scum than town, but I'm still just as happy to use any opportunity as town to sharpen my detective skills.
@SilverWinter wrote on 2016-06-26:
@ BlueAlphyn885
BlueAlphyn885 wrote on 2016-06-26:

"Unfortunately"

Yes, unfortunately. I quite honestly prefer to play scum than town, but I'm still just as happy to use any opportunity as town to sharpen my detective skills.
download-3.png FR+3
Any pronouns
Sell me your frogs!
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 96 97