Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [Lore] The Winter of Solitude
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22 23
Grim gave a satisfied smile. "Perfect."

He was quiet for a few moments before he slowly took in a deep breath. "Actually, I was-"

"Grim." He halted, noticing that Rill was staring directly above them. Up near the surface, a thin web of frost was faintly visible as it spread out from a spot near the edge of the water.

Grim narrowed his eyes, turning back to Treya. "What would you like to do?"
Grim gave a satisfied smile. "Perfect."

He was quiet for a few moments before he slowly took in a deep breath. "Actually, I was-"

"Grim." He halted, noticing that Rill was staring directly above them. Up near the surface, a thin web of frost was faintly visible as it spread out from a spot near the edge of the water.

Grim narrowed his eyes, turning back to Treya. "What would you like to do?"

Looking for lore?
My clan has an ongoing story that you can read!
Treya looked up and observed the small web of frost and her brows furrowed out of annoyance.
“We’ve been caught and as soon as we leave this water I’m sure he’ll run to the leaders. If we lay any hands on him we’ll be in even worse waters.” She snickers to herself a bit at the last line but gathers herself in an instant.

“I hope you're as good as you are persuading as you are patronizing.” Stating that directly at Rill then she focuses on the both of them. “Because that is all you will be able to do.”

Pausing for a moment it seemed Treya had an idea. “I can do my best to stall for time before he reaches the leaders. Take the bullet as I say. Word will get to them one way or another but the time they will know is what matters. Then it will be all up to you.”

“My hands will be tied once again when I do this so this will be my final farewell unless Fate has other plans.” Treya starts to prepare to leave the meeting spot.
Treya looked up and observed the small web of frost and her brows furrowed out of annoyance.
“We’ve been caught and as soon as we leave this water I’m sure he’ll run to the leaders. If we lay any hands on him we’ll be in even worse waters.” She snickers to herself a bit at the last line but gathers herself in an instant.

“I hope you're as good as you are persuading as you are patronizing.” Stating that directly at Rill then she focuses on the both of them. “Because that is all you will be able to do.”

Pausing for a moment it seemed Treya had an idea. “I can do my best to stall for time before he reaches the leaders. Take the bullet as I say. Word will get to them one way or another but the time they will know is what matters. Then it will be all up to you.”

“My hands will be tied once again when I do this so this will be my final farewell unless Fate has other plans.” Treya starts to prepare to leave the meeting spot.
fBPJ3kI.png
"Wait," Grim touched her shoulder lightly with his wing to stop her. "I can leave; there is a channel that leads back out to the sea. It will take me about an hour to return, but that would be a way of giving you some plausible excuse."

"If he's already seen us," Rill warned.

"His eyes aren't made to penetrate the water; and our markings are difficult to make out," Grim pointed out. "Besides, if he hasn't, we'll have a better chance of negotiating if we come from outside."

Rill said nothing, looking over at Treya for a moment. "But why would she be down here, then?"
"Wait," Grim touched her shoulder lightly with his wing to stop her. "I can leave; there is a channel that leads back out to the sea. It will take me about an hour to return, but that would be a way of giving you some plausible excuse."

"If he's already seen us," Rill warned.

"His eyes aren't made to penetrate the water; and our markings are difficult to make out," Grim pointed out. "Besides, if he hasn't, we'll have a better chance of negotiating if we come from outside."

Rill said nothing, looking over at Treya for a moment. "But why would she be down here, then?"

Looking for lore?
"I'll handle the whys and questions." Treya grabs her pearl. "Go out to sea. I shall keep Radinen busy."
"I'll handle the whys and questions." Treya grabs her pearl. "Go out to sea. I shall keep Radinen busy."
fBPJ3kI.png
Grim didn't waste any more time, already moving toward the very edge of the wall. A minute later he jumped back up into the water and began swimming down the long stone pipe that connected the Training Hall to the sea.

You'd better know what you're doing, Rill glared over at his partner in the dark. Merris might take this time to start questioning us.

I do, but we also have an entire hour to practice. It will work out. Just because we talked to someone, it isn't the end of the world.

Rill sighed out a cluster of bubbles. Let's hope everyone else agrees with you on that.
Grim didn't waste any more time, already moving toward the very edge of the wall. A minute later he jumped back up into the water and began swimming down the long stone pipe that connected the Training Hall to the sea.

You'd better know what you're doing, Rill glared over at his partner in the dark. Merris might take this time to start questioning us.

I do, but we also have an entire hour to practice. It will work out. Just because we talked to someone, it isn't the end of the world.

Rill sighed out a cluster of bubbles. Let's hope everyone else agrees with you on that.

Looking for lore?
Treya took her pearl in both claws and jumped up through the now icy water. When she resurfaced then climbed out of the water the chill of the air caused her to slightly shiver, but she kept her prideful stance as she placed her pearl down.

Right in front of her was Radinen that held an icy glare that pierced into her own two eyes.
“Why are you sitting in a pool of water?” Foggy frost left his mouth as he spoke snidely.
“Just taking a dip. The water tends to be warmer than the chill of the air here.” She combated.
“Do not act smart.”

Radinen starts to circle around Treya as he took note of the pool, glancing back at her occasionally. He scoffed, “The shadows in the pool were bigger than what you are. Last I checked, you did not become overweight.”

Treya laughs a bit in response to his comment. “Becoming a weight watcher aren’t we? Didn’t know you would be so considered with my health.”

A sharp ice shard flew past her face, her eyes widening in surprise at the sudden warning.

“I am not what I once was, Treya.”
“Noted.”
“Be honest, are you playing another one of your games?”
“...If I was?”

The air started to freeze and the water that rested on Treya’s scales and mane started to follow. She did not need words.

“...It is none of our clan’s business.” Her tone is serious and no longer playful.
He looks at her dumbfounded, “But what if it suddenly becomes our business? Treya, you play games but your games end up seeping into others’ lives!” The runes on Radinen’s body glow out of anger. “What are you planning! Are the plans focused on GrimRill? Huh?! Focused on the past?!”

Treya can feel her claws and legs starting to freeze. She needed to act. Quickly she moved around Radinen and cut the side of his face with her claw. In response he summoned icicles to pierce up from the ground to push her away.
She barely managed to not get caught in them but ended up with a similar cut, to the one she gave, on her face. One of her legs got cut as well and a slight tear in her left wing could be seen.

Both were in aggressive stances but stayed where they were. Neither seemed to act after the small attack. Radinen got his answer.

“I am telling Merris and Hilgeth no matter what and you are staying away from whatever you are causing.”
“No promises.”
“I know.” Radinen’s runes dim just a bit but the ice was still evident as he took each step towards the door.
Treya scoffed as she assessed her injuries which were nothing serious, but she knew it could have been worse. She walked casually back to her room not wanting to do much else.
Treya took her pearl in both claws and jumped up through the now icy water. When she resurfaced then climbed out of the water the chill of the air caused her to slightly shiver, but she kept her prideful stance as she placed her pearl down.

Right in front of her was Radinen that held an icy glare that pierced into her own two eyes.
“Why are you sitting in a pool of water?” Foggy frost left his mouth as he spoke snidely.
“Just taking a dip. The water tends to be warmer than the chill of the air here.” She combated.
“Do not act smart.”

Radinen starts to circle around Treya as he took note of the pool, glancing back at her occasionally. He scoffed, “The shadows in the pool were bigger than what you are. Last I checked, you did not become overweight.”

Treya laughs a bit in response to his comment. “Becoming a weight watcher aren’t we? Didn’t know you would be so considered with my health.”

A sharp ice shard flew past her face, her eyes widening in surprise at the sudden warning.

“I am not what I once was, Treya.”
“Noted.”
“Be honest, are you playing another one of your games?”
“...If I was?”

The air started to freeze and the water that rested on Treya’s scales and mane started to follow. She did not need words.

“...It is none of our clan’s business.” Her tone is serious and no longer playful.
He looks at her dumbfounded, “But what if it suddenly becomes our business? Treya, you play games but your games end up seeping into others’ lives!” The runes on Radinen’s body glow out of anger. “What are you planning! Are the plans focused on GrimRill? Huh?! Focused on the past?!”

Treya can feel her claws and legs starting to freeze. She needed to act. Quickly she moved around Radinen and cut the side of his face with her claw. In response he summoned icicles to pierce up from the ground to push her away.
She barely managed to not get caught in them but ended up with a similar cut, to the one she gave, on her face. One of her legs got cut as well and a slight tear in her left wing could be seen.

Both were in aggressive stances but stayed where they were. Neither seemed to act after the small attack. Radinen got his answer.

“I am telling Merris and Hilgeth no matter what and you are staying away from whatever you are causing.”
“No promises.”
“I know.” Radinen’s runes dim just a bit but the ice was still evident as he took each step towards the door.
Treya scoffed as she assessed her injuries which were nothing serious, but she knew it could have been worse. She walked casually back to her room not wanting to do much else.
fBPJ3kI.png
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/85631083][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/856311/85631083.png[/img][/url][/center] Forty-five minutes passed before a dark shape slowly entered through the main entrance of the clan, his breath curling around him from the cold. Hilgeth and Merris were both on the dais in the Great Hall, though the red Guardian was sitting erect, his blue eyes dangerously serious. Radinen was there as well, they noticed. "Did something happen?" Rill asked, looking at each in turn. "Is Treya missing? Or Nelan?" "Where were you?" Merris narrowed his eyes. "On patrol. My wounds have healed, so I'm not going to neglect my duties," Rill answered as he stopped before the pair of Guardians. "Why is Radinen with you?" "Radinen was telling me some of your history with Treya. I'd like to discuss that further with you while you're here." "I would have preferred to do this during the day, but alright, ask away." Rill said nonchalantly, sitting back and folding his wings in. Merris got to his feet. "Why are you here, GrimRill? What are your goals in this clan?" "We're here because you invited us," Rill said easily. "For our goals, we'd like to gain experience. We want to make the clan stronger and better equipped to fight outside threats by improving our defenses and training those who would fight." "For what reason?" Merris pressed. "I didn't particularly enjoy fighting off swarms of harpies by myself," Rill chuckled. "It would be nice not to do that alone again." "Do you think this is funny? I'm not having a casual conversation with you; I come to find out I have a murderer walking through the halls of my clan, and you sit there, laughing at my questions?" He growled, his voice rising in anger. "I did that in the past, yes. Did I ever give you a reason to think I would do that now? Have I ever harmed anyone here since I joined?" Rill looked at him curiously. "I wouldn't be surprised if you were planning on it. Sneaking around, always listening, always watching," Phantom's voice came from further up the wall as she dropped down. "Isn't that why you took up this position? So you always have an excuse to spy on everyone?" "I'm not the one who follows other members around," Rill chuckled, looking over at her with a smirk. "Last time I checked, you're the one who's always hovering over my shoulder." "Phantom, this matter does not concern you. Leave." Merris warned. "I knew there was something wrong with you, and now I know what that was," she spat, turning and flying off angrily. Rill said nothing, turning back to Merris. "In the past, we did take things too far. When we realized the toll it was taking on us, we left. We're not interested in that anymore." "Why was Treya attempting to visit you after everyone was asleep, then?" Merris took a single step forward, his shadow swallowing up the subject of his attention. "Why didn't you mention this beforehand if you knew?" "Because we didn't want to cause any trouble for her. She's different now too, or that's what we've gathered from seeing her during her visit. We don't have anything in common anymore, and even back then, we weren't close. As for why she was in the Training Hall, maybe she just wanted to take a swim. Is that really worth all this?" Merris frowned, silent for a long time as he kept his gaze fixed on them. Rill didn't shrink back, watching him without guilt until Merris sat back. "Bring Mystery here," he said to Hilgeth, who immediately got to her feet and walked off. "I've never heard of you going on patrol outside during nighttime." Rill just smiled, but didn't offer any defense as he waited. Several minutes later, Mystery trotted in, her pace as light as usual. "You wanted to see me, Merris?" she asked with a smile. "Does GrimRill normally go outside during the nighttime as part of his rounds?" He asked gruffly. Mystery looked at them and sighed. "Yes, he always manages to slip by us without us ever noticing. He told us he'd give us a big bonus if we ever catch him, so we always watch every entrance really closely." Merris was slightly taken aback as Rill chuckled. "I actually do that to keep them on their toes, and keep them searching for other hidden means of entry. I'm going to show them the path I take before we leave tomorrow; I just wanted to give them one last chance." "How long does he normally stay out for?" Merris asked. "Half an hour to an hour," Mystery guessed. "Longer if the snow is deeper." "That's all for now, you can go back to your post." The Guardian seemed less sure of himself as he avoided Rill's gaze. The female Aberration nodded, then left without another word. "You're right that you've never given us reason to believe you would harm anyone," Hilgeth said slowly. "But we'll have to discuss this at length this winter, with regards to you keeping your position." "Sure thing," Rill dipped his head. "Did you have any other questions for me?" "Why does Grim never speak?" Merris asked suddenly, fixating on Grim, who was currently watching Mystery retreat. "He's not that great at it; he's mostly good at fighting and keeping watch," Rill said. Merris sighed, his craggy face resigned as he waved them off. "You're dismissed. I have nothing else to say." Rill nodded again, then both silently got to their feet and walked off down the hall where Dew was keeping watch. "Was he lying?" Merris asked Radinen in a low voice.
85631083.png

Forty-five minutes passed before a dark shape slowly entered through the main entrance of the clan, his breath curling around him from the cold.

Hilgeth and Merris were both on the dais in the Great Hall, though the red Guardian was sitting erect, his blue eyes dangerously serious. Radinen was there as well, they noticed.

"Did something happen?" Rill asked, looking at each in turn. "Is Treya missing? Or Nelan?"

"Where were you?" Merris narrowed his eyes.

"On patrol. My wounds have healed, so I'm not going to neglect my duties," Rill answered as he stopped before the pair of Guardians. "Why is Radinen with you?"

"Radinen was telling me some of your history with Treya. I'd like to discuss that further with you while you're here."

"I would have preferred to do this during the day, but alright, ask away." Rill said nonchalantly, sitting back and folding his wings in.

Merris got to his feet. "Why are you here, GrimRill? What are your goals in this clan?"

"We're here because you invited us," Rill said easily. "For our goals, we'd like to gain experience. We want to make the clan stronger and better equipped to fight outside threats by improving our defenses and training those who would fight."

"For what reason?" Merris pressed.

"I didn't particularly enjoy fighting off swarms of harpies by myself," Rill chuckled. "It would be nice not to do that alone again."

"Do you think this is funny? I'm not having a casual conversation with you; I come to find out I have a murderer walking through the halls of my clan, and you sit there, laughing at my questions?" He growled, his voice rising in anger.

"I did that in the past, yes. Did I ever give you a reason to think I would do that now? Have I ever harmed anyone here since I joined?" Rill looked at him curiously.

"I wouldn't be surprised if you were planning on it. Sneaking around, always listening, always watching," Phantom's voice came from further up the wall as she dropped down. "Isn't that why you took up this position? So you always have an excuse to spy on everyone?"

"I'm not the one who follows other members around," Rill chuckled, looking over at her with a smirk. "Last time I checked, you're the one who's always hovering over my shoulder."

"Phantom, this matter does not concern you. Leave." Merris warned.

"I knew there was something wrong with you, and now I know what that was," she spat, turning and flying off angrily.

Rill said nothing, turning back to Merris. "In the past, we did take things too far. When we realized the toll it was taking on us, we left. We're not interested in that anymore."

"Why was Treya attempting to visit you after everyone was asleep, then?" Merris took a single step forward, his shadow swallowing up the subject of his attention. "Why didn't you mention this beforehand if you knew?"

"Because we didn't want to cause any trouble for her. She's different now too, or that's what we've gathered from seeing her during her visit. We don't have anything in common anymore, and even back then, we weren't close. As for why she was in the Training Hall, maybe she just wanted to take a swim. Is that really worth all this?"

Merris frowned, silent for a long time as he kept his gaze fixed on them. Rill didn't shrink back, watching him without guilt until Merris sat back.

"Bring Mystery here," he said to Hilgeth, who immediately got to her feet and walked off. "I've never heard of you going on patrol outside during nighttime."

Rill just smiled, but didn't offer any defense as he waited.

Several minutes later, Mystery trotted in, her pace as light as usual. "You wanted to see me, Merris?" she asked with a smile.

"Does GrimRill normally go outside during the nighttime as part of his rounds?" He asked gruffly.

Mystery looked at them and sighed. "Yes, he always manages to slip by us without us ever noticing. He told us he'd give us a big bonus if we ever catch him, so we always watch every entrance really closely."

Merris was slightly taken aback as Rill chuckled. "I actually do that to keep them on their toes, and keep them searching for other hidden means of entry. I'm going to show them the path I take before we leave tomorrow; I just wanted to give them one last chance."

"How long does he normally stay out for?" Merris asked.

"Half an hour to an hour," Mystery guessed. "Longer if the snow is deeper."

"That's all for now, you can go back to your post." The Guardian seemed less sure of himself as he avoided Rill's gaze.

The female Aberration nodded, then left without another word.

"You're right that you've never given us reason to believe you would harm anyone," Hilgeth said slowly. "But we'll have to discuss this at length this winter, with regards to you keeping your position."

"Sure thing," Rill dipped his head. "Did you have any other questions for me?"

"Why does Grim never speak?" Merris asked suddenly, fixating on Grim, who was currently watching Mystery retreat.

"He's not that great at it; he's mostly good at fighting and keeping watch," Rill said.

Merris sighed, his craggy face resigned as he waved them off. "You're dismissed. I have nothing else to say."

Rill nodded again, then both silently got to their feet and walked off down the hall where Dew was keeping watch.

"Was he lying?" Merris asked Radinen in a low voice.

Looking for lore?
Radinen looks to Merris his face unwavering,
"Neither you or I will be able to tell until the time comes that there is hard evidence... or until it is too late. I suggest you be wary, but not overbearing."
Radinen looks to Merris his face unwavering,
"Neither you or I will be able to tell until the time comes that there is hard evidence... or until it is too late. I suggest you be wary, but not overbearing."
fBPJ3kI.png
"Hmph," Merris took in a long, hissing breath as he stood up, his stance heavy, as though he was shouldering an immense burden. "Thank you for telling me this, Radinen."
"Hmph," Merris took in a long, hissing breath as he stood up, his stance heavy, as though he was shouldering an immense burden. "Thank you for telling me this, Radinen."

Looking for lore?
"Clans must stick together. I'll let you know if anything else happens." Radinen bows to Merris and takes his leave.
"Clans must stick together. I'll let you know if anything else happens." Radinen bows to Merris and takes his leave.
fBPJ3kI.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22 23