Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [Lore] The Winter of Solitude
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 22 23
"Nice catch," Rill's voice came from near the inn as the hatchling's father appeared. "I don't know how we missed him; he kept himself busy eating all of our rations."

Grim sighed, his eyes nearly invisible for how low his brows were. "It pains me to ask another favor of you before we've even repaid the previous one, but-" He passed over a small sack full of cut gemstones.

"Are we paying Treya to take him?" Rill asked, his tone eager at the prospect.

Grim gave him a withering look. "We're asking Treya to watch him until we come back."

"Oh." Rill instantly became less enthusiastic.
"Nice catch," Rill's voice came from near the inn as the hatchling's father appeared. "I don't know how we missed him; he kept himself busy eating all of our rations."

Grim sighed, his eyes nearly invisible for how low his brows were. "It pains me to ask another favor of you before we've even repaid the previous one, but-" He passed over a small sack full of cut gemstones.

"Are we paying Treya to take him?" Rill asked, his tone eager at the prospect.

Grim gave him a withering look. "We're asking Treya to watch him until we come back."

"Oh." Rill instantly became less enthusiastic.

Looking for lore?
My clan has an ongoing story that you can read!
Treya takes the bag of gemstones though does not open it, instead raising an annoyed brow at GrimRill at the favor.
"So now I will become a babysitter? For how long?"

The hatchling now gnaws on her arm though she ignores it.
Treya takes the bag of gemstones though does not open it, instead raising an annoyed brow at GrimRill at the favor.
"So now I will become a babysitter? For how long?"

The hatchling now gnaws on her arm though she ignores it.
fBPJ3kI.png
"I should be back in less than four weeks. My plan is to return to the Southern Icefield in five." Grim said. "If you're too busy, I can take him with me."

"Grim, we need to be in the Viridian Labyrinth in two days, we can't be trying to find a home for-" Rill suddenly winced as a tail lashed his side, rubbing the sore spot on his flank as Grim waited for Treya's answer.
"I should be back in less than four weeks. My plan is to return to the Southern Icefield in five." Grim said. "If you're too busy, I can take him with me."

"Grim, we need to be in the Viridian Labyrinth in two days, we can't be trying to find a home for-" Rill suddenly winced as a tail lashed his side, rubbing the sore spot on his flank as Grim waited for Treya's answer.

Looking for lore?
Treya looks at the hatchling that now stares at her expectantly. She lets out a resigned sigh and turns to GrimRill.
"Fine. I can babysit him until you come back."
Treya looks at the hatchling that now stares at her expectantly. She lets out a resigned sigh and turns to GrimRill.
"Fine. I can babysit him until you come back."
fBPJ3kI.png
"I'll be sure to make it up to you," Grim lowered his head gratefully, then put on his most intimidating face as he turned to the smaller figure.

"If you cause any trouble for Treya while I'm gone, things will be very unpleasant for you when I return," he said in a low voice, holding the hatchling's gaze until both heads looked away.

"See you in a month," he concluded, setting off in the direction of the center of town.

It took approximately ten minutes before the Aberration located the tenderhearted seer of the Traveling Breeze. Both approached without hesitation, although Rill's lips curled back in an uncharacteristic grimace as they drew near.

"Do you still view the fate of others, Selenia?" Grim asked in a low voice as he looked down at her.
"I'll be sure to make it up to you," Grim lowered his head gratefully, then put on his most intimidating face as he turned to the smaller figure.

"If you cause any trouble for Treya while I'm gone, things will be very unpleasant for you when I return," he said in a low voice, holding the hatchling's gaze until both heads looked away.

"See you in a month," he concluded, setting off in the direction of the center of town.

It took approximately ten minutes before the Aberration located the tenderhearted seer of the Traveling Breeze. Both approached without hesitation, although Rill's lips curled back in an uncharacteristic grimace as they drew near.

"Do you still view the fate of others, Selenia?" Grim asked in a low voice as he looked down at her.

Looking for lore?
Selenia was sitting at a table drinking a warm cup of tea. She was sipping when GrimRill appeared and asked her his question.
Putting down her cup she looks at the Aberration with a calm expression. “Of course I do. You would like your Fate read?”
Selenia was sitting at a table drinking a warm cup of tea. She was sipping when GrimRill appeared and asked her his question.
Putting down her cup she looks at the Aberration with a calm expression. “Of course I do. You would like your Fate read?”
fBPJ3kI.png
He gave a single nod, sweeping back his wings as he sat back across from her, waiting silently.
He gave a single nod, sweeping back his wings as he sat back across from her, waiting silently.

Looking for lore?
Selenia picked up her pearl and placed it on the table and she gave a sigh. Magic imitated from the pearl and her as her platinum runes started to glow.

”I can clearly see Clan Snowsteppe though it looks much different than before. I am everywhere at once moving quickly between dragons and rooms. It seems you will be very busy…
The once hidden entrance to the clan is now grand standing tall in the snow, unfinished tunnels now complete, and rooms changed to be more exquisite.
You talk to many different figures, seemingly important. Tantus seems happy and takes your words easily. Lilla seems alright while Anhun has some reluctance on his face but listens nonetheless as he takes something from your hands.
Eredia appears often and seems happy about the arrangments. All their words are muffled.
There are some I do not recognize.

Everything feels just the way you want it…”

Selenia hums, her eyes closed as she reads then her calm expression turns to a furrow.

”A meeting, a council. From the chairs I see you talking about something. Everything is a bit blurry but nothing feels off.

Something happens… It's fast but not stealthy. You are dragged across the floor quickly and all I can see and hear is two sneers, laughter layering in the room from the figure or figures though they are so faint. They are… unclear to me.

Everyone just watches… that’s all I can see.”

The magic swirling around Selenia and her pearl fade. She opens her eyes to look at GrimRill.
Selenia picked up her pearl and placed it on the table and she gave a sigh. Magic imitated from the pearl and her as her platinum runes started to glow.

”I can clearly see Clan Snowsteppe though it looks much different than before. I am everywhere at once moving quickly between dragons and rooms. It seems you will be very busy…
The once hidden entrance to the clan is now grand standing tall in the snow, unfinished tunnels now complete, and rooms changed to be more exquisite.
You talk to many different figures, seemingly important. Tantus seems happy and takes your words easily. Lilla seems alright while Anhun has some reluctance on his face but listens nonetheless as he takes something from your hands.
Eredia appears often and seems happy about the arrangments. All their words are muffled.
There are some I do not recognize.

Everything feels just the way you want it…”

Selenia hums, her eyes closed as she reads then her calm expression turns to a furrow.

”A meeting, a council. From the chairs I see you talking about something. Everything is a bit blurry but nothing feels off.

Something happens… It's fast but not stealthy. You are dragged across the floor quickly and all I can see and hear is two sneers, laughter layering in the room from the figure or figures though they are so faint. They are… unclear to me.

Everyone just watches… that’s all I can see.”

The magic swirling around Selenia and her pearl fade. She opens her eyes to look at GrimRill.
fBPJ3kI.png
He said nothing for a few seconds, then rose to his feet as Rill passed over ten platinum coins.

"Thank you for your time," Grim made a shallow bow, then began moving to leave.
He said nothing for a few seconds, then rose to his feet as Rill passed over ten platinum coins.

"Thank you for your time," Grim made a shallow bow, then began moving to leave.

Looking for lore?
"Be careful of what you attempt and wish to change or prevent. Things could get far worse with change than dealing with what is already in front of you." She warns as she passes the coins back to them.
"Be careful of what you attempt and wish to change or prevent. Things could get far worse with change than dealing with what is already in front of you." She warns as she passes the coins back to them.
fBPJ3kI.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 22 23