Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | triweekly writing prompts !
1 2 ... 63 64 65 66 67 ... 165 166
I wanted to write something with this particular pair so I looked through the past prompts and wrote for this one! Quick clarification: I renamed Matre to Lorien. Too much ‘M’s in the family XP Even if there’s only two. [quote=April 2 2021]All flowers have some meaning. Especially when they wilt.[/quote] Rayin was in the garden, drawing some of the flowers. He watched as the light breeze cause them to move, and admired the small white butterflies as they came to rest on the petals. He was able to capture one in his drawing and could easily replicate one flying above the flowers; the creatures were one of the things he drew best, after all. His first clue that he had drifted off should have been the slight change in scenery; he was outside his home now, but he was still drawing. A few roses were clustered to one side, while sunflowers faced the light’s warm rays. His second clue was words—they had no true voice, but he knew that they were spoken nonetheless. “Can I join you, Brother?” Rayin smiled at the figure, who similarly had no definite shape nor size. “Of course, Lorien. Is Li bothering you?” “A little,” Lorien admitted. He sat down next to his twin brother, looking at his artwork. “Everything you draw is so pretty…add some coloring and it would look lifelike.” “Thanks,” Rayin said. He continued drawing silently, simply enjoying his brother’s presence. Lorien didn’t seem satisfied with the silence, picking a dandelion and twirling it gently. “…Hey, Rayin? I…want to share some analogies with you, if it’s all right.” “I don’t mind,” Rayin assured him. Lorien nodded, then spoke. “You always like to compare certain people to butterflies—beautiful yet fragile. But have you ever thought about the flowers? They’re as much like us as the butterflies. There’s so much of them…and in so many varieties. There’s fickle roses; light-chasing sunflowers; persistent weeds like dandelions. The butterflies stop to rest on the flowers—they rely on the pretty things to strengthen them. The beautiful and fragile can rely on the colorful and resilient. As a butterfly, you’ve come to rely on me; the golden flower that houses everything you’ll ever need.” He closed his eyes and blew away the dandelion seeds. In that moment, Rayin knew that his brother wished for: Rayin’s continued life. The thought of it made Rayin feel a painful pang in his heart. “Every person has a purpose,” Lorien continued. “And every flower has a meaning. But the greatest meaning a flower can hold”—the scenery around them became gray, and Lorien himself became more of a shapeless shadow—“is when it wilts. Devoid of life, it can’t strengthen anyone. It just goes to show…people can’t protect you nor be protected forever. Everything wilts, loses color, and dies.” “Lorien…” Rayin said, looking at his younger brother. There was barely anything there anymore. “No…no, I’m not done yet,” Lorien replied. He didn’t have a face, but Rayin felt him looking at him. “Rayin…Brother… You know I’m a wilted flower, right?” “…Yeah. I know.” It hurt to admit it; he never knew his brother, but he always wished he did. “That’s means you can’t rely on me,” Lorien insisted. “A wilted flower is no home for a butterfly like you. It would be better if you could find something—someone—else to rely on. I’d say the same to anyone, even Mother.” Rayin didn’t want to believe it, but he knew at this point that he was dreaming. He didn’t want to let his brother slip away…although it had to be done. Unwillingly, he woke up in the garden. Feeling wistful about something that will never come to pass, he flipped the page of his sketchbook and drew something else. A boy, holding both flowers and admiring the presence of a butterfly, who Rayin believed resembled Lorien should he be alive today. A flower wilts…but, at some point, the butterfly must move on. He understood this, yet he hesitated—this particular one didn’t want to fly away to some other location. After all, butterflies die too; he would be able to truly meet with Lorien, some day.
I wanted to write something with this particular pair so I looked through the past prompts and wrote for this one! Quick clarification: I renamed Matre to Lorien. Too much ‘M’s in the family XP Even if there’s only two.
April 2 2021 wrote:
All flowers have some meaning. Especially when they wilt.

Rayin was in the garden, drawing some of the flowers. He watched as the light breeze cause them to move, and admired the small white butterflies as they came to rest on the petals. He was able to capture one in his drawing and could easily replicate one flying above the flowers; the creatures were one of the things he drew best, after all.

His first clue that he had drifted off should have been the slight change in scenery; he was outside his home now, but he was still drawing. A few roses were clustered to one side, while sunflowers faced the light’s warm rays. His second clue was words—they had no true voice, but he knew that they were spoken nonetheless.

“Can I join you, Brother?”

Rayin smiled at the figure, who similarly had no definite shape nor size. “Of course, Lorien. Is Li bothering you?”

“A little,” Lorien admitted. He sat down next to his twin brother, looking at his artwork. “Everything you draw is so pretty…add some coloring and it would look lifelike.”

“Thanks,” Rayin said. He continued drawing silently, simply enjoying his brother’s presence.

Lorien didn’t seem satisfied with the silence, picking a dandelion and twirling it gently. “…Hey, Rayin? I…want to share some analogies with you, if it’s all right.”

“I don’t mind,” Rayin assured him.

Lorien nodded, then spoke. “You always like to compare certain people to butterflies—beautiful yet fragile. But have you ever thought about the flowers? They’re as much like us as the butterflies. There’s so much of them…and in so many varieties. There’s fickle roses; light-chasing sunflowers; persistent weeds like dandelions. The butterflies stop to rest on the flowers—they rely on the pretty things to strengthen them. The beautiful and fragile can rely on the colorful and resilient. As a butterfly, you’ve come to rely on me; the golden flower that houses everything you’ll ever need.”

He closed his eyes and blew away the dandelion seeds. In that moment, Rayin knew that his brother wished for: Rayin’s continued life. The thought of it made Rayin feel a painful pang in his heart. “Every person has a purpose,” Lorien continued. “And every flower has a meaning. But the greatest meaning a flower can hold”—the scenery around them became gray, and Lorien himself became more of a shapeless shadow—“is when it wilts. Devoid of life, it can’t strengthen anyone. It just goes to show…people can’t protect you nor be protected forever. Everything wilts, loses color, and dies.”

“Lorien…” Rayin said, looking at his younger brother. There was barely anything there anymore.

“No…no, I’m not done yet,” Lorien replied. He didn’t have a face, but Rayin felt him looking at him. “Rayin…Brother… You know I’m a wilted flower, right?”

“…Yeah. I know.” It hurt to admit it; he never knew his brother, but he always wished he did.

“That’s means you can’t rely on me,” Lorien insisted. “A wilted flower is no home for a butterfly like you. It would be better if you could find something—someone—else to rely on. I’d say the same to anyone, even Mother.”

Rayin didn’t want to believe it, but he knew at this point that he was dreaming. He didn’t want to let his brother slip away…although it had to be done. Unwillingly, he woke up in the garden. Feeling wistful about something that will never come to pass, he flipped the page of his sketchbook and drew something else. A boy, holding both flowers and admiring the presence of a butterfly, who Rayin believed resembled Lorien should he be alive today. A flower wilts…but, at some point, the butterfly must move on. He understood this, yet he hesitated—this particular one didn’t want to fly away to some other location. After all, butterflies die too; he would be able to truly meet with Lorien, some day.
qv9W79E.png aaaaw3fPTiE.png
[center][quote=July 21 2021][font=century gothic][size=5]Rain dribbles steadily against the walls. Fog hangs heavy in the air. It tastes like beginning anew.[/size][/quote] @Nightlilac @magiritsa @goldrush @naranciag @sunwolf @fennecfox21 @sanzang @Hemmalaya @stolen @MaybeHuman @simplyonewinged @kimnoodles @daffydil @finnamony @MittensTheKitten @kawiikatz @Peachycupcake525 @xSTORMDRAGONx @Inkwyrm @TheGrayGhost @moonstrucksmorns @CatInDisguise @DriftingDreams @Xuelian @Mercurythewolf @Pinkish13 @SkySerenade @pandakitty1 @PuppyLuvr06 @shr00mlightz @AllHailWebby @Hyzenthlaay @Illusia @AwkwardTrash @LavenderSelkie @wolfdragon3036 @StarryLune @ulvesang @styygian @Orodruin @Crizona @Lavend3rDragon @PeacefulPyro @PinkRose06 @SocklessWonder @Tumbleweeds @CookieTimes2000 @fuzzysherbet @Quilava2010 @AlterZero @DewFeather @LapisWings @SouthernHawker @Mistwhisker @Neon126[/center]
poem shop
writing prompts
@ZipZapZoom
i actually really love that primal headcanon! honestly the thought that it can manifest somewhere other then the eyes has never occurred to me and now i really want to see more of it being done o.O
"if most dragons arent super anxious in the world of Sorneith with the way the lore is right now, it would be a shock" yeah... sornieth is definitely not the safest universe out there XD

@PinkRose06
ouch, rayin mourning for lorien hurts my heart. they've never met before, correct? or have they at some point? i'm afraid i don't remember, lol. either way that was still so sad :((
i like how you sort of described the vagueness of lorien's form in the dream, though i think you could've described the surrealness a bit more! placing emphasis on like a foggy, blurry quality maybe? or make his thought process a bit more fumbly and distant. unless he was lucid dreaming, which would make sense with him sort of 'choosing' to wake up, almost.

@Inkwyrm
(to anyone wanting to read the spoilers text this has spoilers for ink's plotline! so go read his stuff first :0)
that test sounds so interesting! i am bursting with questions now omgg. so has stiletto already passed the initial qualifications and is now preparing for the duel? what are warrior's roles in the kingdom, exactly? what's stiletto's motivation for wanting to be a warrior? how does the kingdom's governmental system work, even? what are the benefits/prestige to being a warrior? is stiletto aiming to become a mage then? wht's his specialty? how many applicants for the duels are there usually? i have a lot of worldbuilding questions lmao, you don't have to answer all of them
@ZipZapZoom
i actually really love that primal headcanon! honestly the thought that it can manifest somewhere other then the eyes has never occurred to me and now i really want to see more of it being done o.O
"if most dragons arent super anxious in the world of Sorneith with the way the lore is right now, it would be a shock" yeah... sornieth is definitely not the safest universe out there XD

@PinkRose06
ouch, rayin mourning for lorien hurts my heart. they've never met before, correct? or have they at some point? i'm afraid i don't remember, lol. either way that was still so sad :((
i like how you sort of described the vagueness of lorien's form in the dream, though i think you could've described the surrealness a bit more! placing emphasis on like a foggy, blurry quality maybe? or make his thought process a bit more fumbly and distant. unless he was lucid dreaming, which would make sense with him sort of 'choosing' to wake up, almost.

@Inkwyrm
(to anyone wanting to read the spoilers text this has spoilers for ink's plotline! so go read his stuff first :0)
that test sounds so interesting! i am bursting with questions now omgg. so has stiletto already passed the initial qualifications and is now preparing for the duel? what are warrior's roles in the kingdom, exactly? what's stiletto's motivation for wanting to be a warrior? how does the kingdom's governmental system work, even? what are the benefits/prestige to being a warrior? is stiletto aiming to become a mage then? wht's his specialty? how many applicants for the duels are there usually? i have a lot of worldbuilding questions lmao, you don't have to answer all of them
poem shop
writing prompts
@fyi

i will answer the questions, hopefully my connection doesnt die and i lose my work

also very sleepy so if something doesnt make sense im sorry

yes, he passed the initial qualifications, came of age, and is about to go into the test

it's not a kingdom, it's a sort of temporary settlement/camp of warriors (my clan has loads of mages/warriors/battle strategists because theyre always under attack from the beastclans). the role of the warrior is to defend their home/those they love (including themself)

he wants to become a warrior to prove his loyalty to the clan, and also because it's a bit of a rite of passage; you're in the clan, so fighting 'must be your trade'

the clan is led by the two founders and one dragon voted from each major profession from the time; this vote is held annually and/or as needed (many dragons will fall in battle or leave)

adding on to the above, professions in the clan will shift with time, but there are three that never seem to leave- warrior, mage, battle strategist

being a warrior in itself doesn't grant many benefits beyond knowing how to fight and defend one's self (it's normalised, so it's not 'special' per se), but lead warriors are highly respected and looked up to

he is not aiming to become a mage, but since he is a skydancer he is naturally in tune with his magic and can do basic spells/enhance his attacks

his specialty is swordsmanship and close range combat; he's proficient in weaponless fighting as well, but he usually has daggers on hand, hidden under his clothing

it depends; the clan's size fluctuates drastically so the demographics follow this pattern. it is anywhere from five to (rarely) ten or more at a time.

i really appreciate your worldbuilding questions, i like talking about stories in general (:
@fyi

i will answer the questions, hopefully my connection doesnt die and i lose my work

also very sleepy so if something doesnt make sense im sorry

yes, he passed the initial qualifications, came of age, and is about to go into the test

it's not a kingdom, it's a sort of temporary settlement/camp of warriors (my clan has loads of mages/warriors/battle strategists because theyre always under attack from the beastclans). the role of the warrior is to defend their home/those they love (including themself)

he wants to become a warrior to prove his loyalty to the clan, and also because it's a bit of a rite of passage; you're in the clan, so fighting 'must be your trade'

the clan is led by the two founders and one dragon voted from each major profession from the time; this vote is held annually and/or as needed (many dragons will fall in battle or leave)

adding on to the above, professions in the clan will shift with time, but there are three that never seem to leave- warrior, mage, battle strategist

being a warrior in itself doesn't grant many benefits beyond knowing how to fight and defend one's self (it's normalised, so it's not 'special' per se), but lead warriors are highly respected and looked up to

he is not aiming to become a mage, but since he is a skydancer he is naturally in tune with his magic and can do basic spells/enhance his attacks

his specialty is swordsmanship and close range combat; he's proficient in weaponless fighting as well, but he usually has daggers on hand, hidden under his clothing

it depends; the clan's size fluctuates drastically so the demographics follow this pattern. it is anywhere from five to (rarely) ten or more at a time.

i really appreciate your worldbuilding questions, i like talking about stories in general (:
een4H37dx.png
eecHa0MYt.png
eeO62tc6n.png
acecatcher.png aromcatcher.png
@/fyi

Lorien died when they were reeeeeeally little, so while they did know each other for a few years, Rayin doesn’t remember it and therefor they haven’t really met—at least as far as Rayin has considered it.
I’ll keep that in mind! I don’t actually write dreams all that often, so I didn’t change very much. His dream was at least a little lucid, though; he’s able to notice the changes in scenery, even if he didn’t completely understand that he was dreaming at first.
@/fyi

Lorien died when they were reeeeeeally little, so while they did know each other for a few years, Rayin doesn’t remember it and therefor they haven’t really met—at least as far as Rayin has considered it.
I’ll keep that in mind! I don’t actually write dreams all that often, so I didn’t change very much. His dream was at least a little lucid, though; he’s able to notice the changes in scenery, even if he didn’t completely understand that he was dreaming at first.
qv9W79E.png aaaaw3fPTiE.png
A couple days late, but this prompt just really resonated with a dragon of mine-

Character(s): Sointu, Esmy, Spectra

Prompt(s): "Then I was here. And then, I was found."

Nights were never really silent in the Shattered Tower. Though the hustle and background chatter calmed down after sunset, the big central area had dragons going about their business and spending time at all hours of the day. On this particular night, it has even more dragons gathered around than usual - it's a twofold new moon and those were celebrated in the Tower, both to keep old traditions alive and to add some variety to their life.

A finely-dressed veilspun seems to be drawing the attention of a vast majority of the crowd, despite having settled slightly away from the usual points of interest, simply sitting by some of the blue-flamed fires. Spectra tilts her head curiously at the sight of this. It's her first new moon celebration, since it hadn't really been a tradition in her old home, and she doesn't quite understand the interest. She nudges her new friend Esmy with a wing to get her attention.

"Esmy, hey... what's happening over there?" she asks, waving her tail towards the crowd and the veilspun. "I don't think I've met them yet... and I can't see anything out of the ordinary from here, other than they look quite big for a veil."

"Wait- how have you not heard him yet? You've been missing out!" Esmy's dark eyes widen in surprise and she immediately nudges Spectra towards the area where the other dragons have gathered, encouraging her to start walking that way. "That's Sointu! He's a storyteller and a bard. Almost a legend 'round here. He always has some very good stories saved for the twofold new moon nights. We better hurry so we catch it all, I think he's about to- yep, he's got the harp out."

The two of them manage to find a spot among the crowd well on time. Sointu's quietly setting up, tuning the harp with no hurry, seemingly paying no attention to the growing crowd around him until he's satisfied. With one more gentle strum on the strings, he finally turns his attention to the other dragons.

"It is a special night, my friends." Even when he's simply speaking, Sointu's voice is melodic. "It is a night of the twofold new moon, and it is a night exactly ten years from when I first arrived by the Shattered Tower. So it ought to be celebrated with a story I haven't told a soul until now."

A gasp carries across the crowd. Unbothered, Sointu plucks at the strings of his harp, bringing forth a soft, delicate melody to accompany his words.

"Though legends tell not of him, there once was a dragon in great peril. He was not dying, and he was not in a conflict - but oh, he was afraid." Sointu pauses, spreading his wings a little to stir the air around him. The smoke from the fires starts to shimmer, twirling in elegant patterns. "He had realized his own mortality, you see. It hung over him like a heavy shadow, weighed him down like ice coating one's wings. He was doing just fine, and that frightened him so, for he knew it would not last."

Sointu strums an ominous note on his harp, the smoke now forming a shape almost akin to a fanged mouth of a skull. "His peaceful life would not last, that much he knew, but he did not know when that peace would come to an end. The uncertainty ate away at his heart, gnawed his mind. And he refused to let it be so."

"He ran away, hoping the winding roads and dangers lurking along them would teach him to not fear the unknown." The notes rising from the harp travel up and down the scale, painting a shifting map into the smoke. "But alas, even when he faced threat, he would always fear a bigger one would follow. He took to the unending sea, but the unknown lurking beyond the surface only served to scare him further... He took to the forests, and only learned to fear more."

"A life full of fear was no life at all, for him. He ran deeper into the shadows, thorns scratching against his scales, but he paid them no mind. The shadows hold many secrets, and he hoped to find the secret to a life without fear."

The audience watches the smoke paint the pictures Sointu spoke of, silent in awe and in slight confusion. This was an unusual sort of story for him. Spectra didn't seem to share the confusion, Esmy noticed - figures, since she had not heard any of his previous stories - but Esmy herself was sure confused, and curious to see where Sointu would take this. The veilspun carried on, either unaware or uncaring to the perplexed glances and hushed whispers in the audience.

"And what he sought, he eventually found." On a dramatic strum of the harp, the smoke takes the form of a swarm of dragons, sparks as their eyes. "Keepers of ancient magic, deep within the Tangled Woods. They watched with curiosity, and amusement, and even joy as he begged for them to help him, to take away his constant terror that he'd brought upon himself."

"Their eyes shining in the darkness, they whispered to him in quiet voices. What would you give, wanderer-dragon? What would you give up? Your beauty, your voice, your sight? And he told them he'd give them anything, anything they asked for, as long as they would do what he wished. Would you give your heart, frightened-dragon, they asked, and he said yes. Yes, he would give his heart if it meant he would not have to return to the life that he was afraid of."

Sointu lets his claws fall, notes fading into silence.

"I was not that dragon, but I am what became of him. First it was him, in the brambles of the realm of shadow. Lost, even when surrounded by others."

"Then I was here." He pauses, and the smoke shifts, twirling in unrecognizable shapes for a moment.

"And then, I was found."

"I was found near the Tower, and though confused, I was lost no longer." Sointu places his claws on the harp again, conjuring a gentle melody as the smoke draws out the silhouette of the long, broken mountain that has become the Shattered Tower. "The dragon who had feared so was no more, his scales having faded to silver, eyes darkened by the shadows. Whatever old names he might've gone by were to him now. Where his heart had once been was now a song, and it would grow to become many more."

---

(I'll be honest, I ran out of brain juice to come up with a good way to end this, so it kind of gets cut off at the end- it also got way longer than expected though, so. Oops all around. I will say though- he hasn't dramatized the story for the sake of better storytelling whatsoever, even if that would be what he'd usually do. This is a story he tells as a simple truth.)
A couple days late, but this prompt just really resonated with a dragon of mine-

Character(s): Sointu, Esmy, Spectra

Prompt(s): "Then I was here. And then, I was found."

Nights were never really silent in the Shattered Tower. Though the hustle and background chatter calmed down after sunset, the big central area had dragons going about their business and spending time at all hours of the day. On this particular night, it has even more dragons gathered around than usual - it's a twofold new moon and those were celebrated in the Tower, both to keep old traditions alive and to add some variety to their life.

A finely-dressed veilspun seems to be drawing the attention of a vast majority of the crowd, despite having settled slightly away from the usual points of interest, simply sitting by some of the blue-flamed fires. Spectra tilts her head curiously at the sight of this. It's her first new moon celebration, since it hadn't really been a tradition in her old home, and she doesn't quite understand the interest. She nudges her new friend Esmy with a wing to get her attention.

"Esmy, hey... what's happening over there?" she asks, waving her tail towards the crowd and the veilspun. "I don't think I've met them yet... and I can't see anything out of the ordinary from here, other than they look quite big for a veil."

"Wait- how have you not heard him yet? You've been missing out!" Esmy's dark eyes widen in surprise and she immediately nudges Spectra towards the area where the other dragons have gathered, encouraging her to start walking that way. "That's Sointu! He's a storyteller and a bard. Almost a legend 'round here. He always has some very good stories saved for the twofold new moon nights. We better hurry so we catch it all, I think he's about to- yep, he's got the harp out."

The two of them manage to find a spot among the crowd well on time. Sointu's quietly setting up, tuning the harp with no hurry, seemingly paying no attention to the growing crowd around him until he's satisfied. With one more gentle strum on the strings, he finally turns his attention to the other dragons.

"It is a special night, my friends." Even when he's simply speaking, Sointu's voice is melodic. "It is a night of the twofold new moon, and it is a night exactly ten years from when I first arrived by the Shattered Tower. So it ought to be celebrated with a story I haven't told a soul until now."

A gasp carries across the crowd. Unbothered, Sointu plucks at the strings of his harp, bringing forth a soft, delicate melody to accompany his words.

"Though legends tell not of him, there once was a dragon in great peril. He was not dying, and he was not in a conflict - but oh, he was afraid." Sointu pauses, spreading his wings a little to stir the air around him. The smoke from the fires starts to shimmer, twirling in elegant patterns. "He had realized his own mortality, you see. It hung over him like a heavy shadow, weighed him down like ice coating one's wings. He was doing just fine, and that frightened him so, for he knew it would not last."

Sointu strums an ominous note on his harp, the smoke now forming a shape almost akin to a fanged mouth of a skull. "His peaceful life would not last, that much he knew, but he did not know when that peace would come to an end. The uncertainty ate away at his heart, gnawed his mind. And he refused to let it be so."

"He ran away, hoping the winding roads and dangers lurking along them would teach him to not fear the unknown." The notes rising from the harp travel up and down the scale, painting a shifting map into the smoke. "But alas, even when he faced threat, he would always fear a bigger one would follow. He took to the unending sea, but the unknown lurking beyond the surface only served to scare him further... He took to the forests, and only learned to fear more."

"A life full of fear was no life at all, for him. He ran deeper into the shadows, thorns scratching against his scales, but he paid them no mind. The shadows hold many secrets, and he hoped to find the secret to a life without fear."

The audience watches the smoke paint the pictures Sointu spoke of, silent in awe and in slight confusion. This was an unusual sort of story for him. Spectra didn't seem to share the confusion, Esmy noticed - figures, since she had not heard any of his previous stories - but Esmy herself was sure confused, and curious to see where Sointu would take this. The veilspun carried on, either unaware or uncaring to the perplexed glances and hushed whispers in the audience.

"And what he sought, he eventually found." On a dramatic strum of the harp, the smoke takes the form of a swarm of dragons, sparks as their eyes. "Keepers of ancient magic, deep within the Tangled Woods. They watched with curiosity, and amusement, and even joy as he begged for them to help him, to take away his constant terror that he'd brought upon himself."

"Their eyes shining in the darkness, they whispered to him in quiet voices. What would you give, wanderer-dragon? What would you give up? Your beauty, your voice, your sight? And he told them he'd give them anything, anything they asked for, as long as they would do what he wished. Would you give your heart, frightened-dragon, they asked, and he said yes. Yes, he would give his heart if it meant he would not have to return to the life that he was afraid of."

Sointu lets his claws fall, notes fading into silence.

"I was not that dragon, but I am what became of him. First it was him, in the brambles of the realm of shadow. Lost, even when surrounded by others."

"Then I was here." He pauses, and the smoke shifts, twirling in unrecognizable shapes for a moment.

"And then, I was found."

"I was found near the Tower, and though confused, I was lost no longer." Sointu places his claws on the harp again, conjuring a gentle melody as the smoke draws out the silhouette of the long, broken mountain that has become the Shattered Tower. "The dragon who had feared so was no more, his scales having faded to silver, eyes darkened by the shadows. Whatever old names he might've gone by were to him now. Where his heart had once been was now a song, and it would grow to become many more."

---

(I'll be honest, I ran out of brain juice to come up with a good way to end this, so it kind of gets cut off at the end- it also got way longer than expected though, so. Oops all around. I will say though- he hasn't dramatized the story for the sake of better storytelling whatsoever, even if that would be what he'd usually do. This is a story he tells as a simple truth.)
[quote name="fyi" date="2021-07-20 07:44:02" ] @SocklessWonder oh my god that was so CUTE. the lost confusion was rather apparent at first, and even i admit to having been confused! was that grass really really tall or something? i haven't seen a puppy in a while, maybe it really is just normal height lmao the brave little bro taking the lead! i loved this sm,, <3 and in the future, maybe to make the reader less confused you could mention the 'tall, smooth things' were bendy and green, waving in the wind, something like that. you do want to suspend the reader but not /too/ much or they might lose interest, lol. [/quote] I originally wanted to refer to the grass' greenness, but was hesitant because dogs don't see color as vividly as we do. I [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2979379/64#post_48405601]edited the post,[/url] though, because I could see your point and I reasoned that dogs don't know how vividly we see colors, nor do they likely care. Green is green in their way. Also, I could see adding a bit about it being bendable. As to how tall the grass is - in my mind's eye, I saw it being about 6 or so inches tall (15 or so cm) and the pup being hardly big enough to run without falling over, which would be slightly shorter than the grass, depending on the breed (these dogs would be a medium sized breed). Because caring for puppies is nearly as intense as caring for an infant, the people would be getting less sleep than usual and normal chores would be delayed, such as mowing the lawn!
fyi wrote on 2021-07-20 07:44:02:
@SocklessWonder
oh my god that was so CUTE. the lost confusion was rather apparent at first, and even i admit to having been confused! was that grass really really tall or something? i haven't seen a puppy in a while, maybe it really is just normal height lmao
the brave little bro taking the lead! i loved this sm,, <3
and in the future, maybe to make the reader less confused you could mention the 'tall, smooth things' were bendy and green, waving in the wind, something like that. you do want to suspend the reader but not /too/ much or they might lose interest, lol.

I originally wanted to refer to the grass' greenness, but was hesitant because dogs don't see color as vividly as we do. I edited the post, though, because I could see your point and I reasoned that dogs don't know how vividly we see colors, nor do they likely care. Green is green in their way. Also, I could see adding a bit about it being bendable.

As to how tall the grass is - in my mind's eye, I saw it being about 6 or so inches tall (15 or so cm) and the pup being hardly big enough to run without falling over, which would be slightly shorter than the grass, depending on the breed (these dogs would be a medium sized breed). Because caring for puppies is nearly as intense as caring for an infant, the people would be getting less sleep than usual and normal chores would be delayed, such as mowing the lawn!
b6f3d4ea76e68d8090de5809afe1f0105cf2c98e.pngoYfCraJ.png0HxJjfZ.gif TAzcwMk.gif
[center][quote=July 22 2021][font=century gothic][size=5]They looked outside, where somewhere their friend was wandering, searching, for something they could never name or know.[/size][/quote] @Nightlilac @magiritsa @goldrush @naranciag @sunwolf @fennecfox21 @sanzang @Hemmalaya @stolen @MaybeHuman @simplyonewinged @kimnoodles @daffydil @finnamony @MittensTheKitten @kawiikatz @Peachycupcake525 @xSTORMDRAGONx @Inkwyrm @TheGrayGhost @moonstrucksmorns @CatInDisguise @DriftingDreams @Xuelian @Mercurythewolf @Pinkish13 @SkySerenade @pandakitty1 @PuppyLuvr06 @shr00mlightz @AllHailWebby @Hyzenthlaay @Illusia @AwkwardTrash @LavenderSelkie @wolfdragon3036 @StarryLune @ulvesang @styygian @Orodruin @Crizona @Lavend3rDragon @PeacefulPyro @PinkRose06 @SocklessWonder @Tumbleweeds @CookieTimes2000 @fuzzysherbet @Quilava2010 @AlterZero @DewFeather @LapisWings @SouthernHawker @Mistwhisker @Neon126[/center]
poem shop
writing prompts
@Inkwyrm
i love chatting about stories too! i'm lucky to have this thread to indulge me ngl XD
that's actually really cool! does the camp move around/migrate with the seasons? Ooh, do they fly like birds in v-formation? although some breeds (like snappers with their small wings) might have trouble with that...
honestly i've always wondered what swordfighting looks like for dragons. How do they wield it without overbalancing? how do they defend their wings? they must be magic lmao. although that sort of stuff is more technical than anything, i'd like to hear your opinion on it!

@Illusia
i see what you mean by the slightly abrupt ending! i would have loved to see some sort of reactions or something, though tbh im not really sure how i would like to see the crowd would react in the first place.
sointu's story... i like how he kind of told it for himself. i found his past pretty bittersweet, too - he feared so much but journeyed anyways, went to so many places to fight that fear and /did/ fear, but he never lost his courage. courage is in the face of fear, not the absence of it - and in the end he just gave it all up. the journey, not the destination... and the destination . hmm. i was actually a bit confused by that - the ending seems a bit oout of place, kinda. how exactly does the heart become a song? how does that relate to him fearing stuff? there's probably some symbolism there i'm not seeing, but right now there isn't really a... moral to the story? i guess you could say it like that. i'm curious why sointu chose to share finally on his 10th anniversary - certainly an occasion, but i'm wondering why he told it. for himself, clearly, but out of nostalgia? just wanting to tell ppl? what a mysterious character! (also i'm really curious what his 'usual' stories sound like.) i'd love to see more of him in the future!
@Inkwyrm
i love chatting about stories too! i'm lucky to have this thread to indulge me ngl XD
that's actually really cool! does the camp move around/migrate with the seasons? Ooh, do they fly like birds in v-formation? although some breeds (like snappers with their small wings) might have trouble with that...
honestly i've always wondered what swordfighting looks like for dragons. How do they wield it without overbalancing? how do they defend their wings? they must be magic lmao. although that sort of stuff is more technical than anything, i'd like to hear your opinion on it!

@Illusia
i see what you mean by the slightly abrupt ending! i would have loved to see some sort of reactions or something, though tbh im not really sure how i would like to see the crowd would react in the first place.
sointu's story... i like how he kind of told it for himself. i found his past pretty bittersweet, too - he feared so much but journeyed anyways, went to so many places to fight that fear and /did/ fear, but he never lost his courage. courage is in the face of fear, not the absence of it - and in the end he just gave it all up. the journey, not the destination... and the destination . hmm. i was actually a bit confused by that - the ending seems a bit oout of place, kinda. how exactly does the heart become a song? how does that relate to him fearing stuff? there's probably some symbolism there i'm not seeing, but right now there isn't really a... moral to the story? i guess you could say it like that. i'm curious why sointu chose to share finally on his 10th anniversary - certainly an occasion, but i'm wondering why he told it. for himself, clearly, but out of nostalgia? just wanting to tell ppl? what a mysterious character! (also i'm really curious what his 'usual' stories sound like.) i'd love to see more of him in the future!
poem shop
writing prompts
the camp moves as they need to, so it's not always with the seasons but it does tend to migrate w/them

speaking of seasons, this isn't related to the current section but each season has its own patron/reaper of death, which i will be writing about soon (hopefully)..

all the dragons in the current (canon) clan can fly, so they're currently flying. they actually *do* fly in v-formation, as it reduces drag; they also fly by species and try to make different squads so any individual dragon isn't always stuck near the back of any one v-formation

their swords are very long and rather wide so they can effectively block attacks directed at the wings/tail/extremities. also, dragons don't *just* rely on weapons; they will use their talons, magic, teeth, etc in combat as well; it's all about using your body to form a technique that will work for you

the general forms are all based off of the 2003 animated clone wars' general grievous, which, if you look up, will have a fighting style where he uses his whole body as a weapon

heh, you are quite lucky to have this thread :P

@fyi (forgot ping)
the camp moves as they need to, so it's not always with the seasons but it does tend to migrate w/them

speaking of seasons, this isn't related to the current section but each season has its own patron/reaper of death, which i will be writing about soon (hopefully)..

all the dragons in the current (canon) clan can fly, so they're currently flying. they actually *do* fly in v-formation, as it reduces drag; they also fly by species and try to make different squads so any individual dragon isn't always stuck near the back of any one v-formation

their swords are very long and rather wide so they can effectively block attacks directed at the wings/tail/extremities. also, dragons don't *just* rely on weapons; they will use their talons, magic, teeth, etc in combat as well; it's all about using your body to form a technique that will work for you

the general forms are all based off of the 2003 animated clone wars' general grievous, which, if you look up, will have a fighting style where he uses his whole body as a weapon

heh, you are quite lucky to have this thread :P

@fyi (forgot ping)
een4H37dx.png
eecHa0MYt.png
eeO62tc6n.png
acecatcher.png aromcatcher.png
1 2 ... 63 64 65 66 67 ... 165 166