Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | triweekly writing prompts !
1 2 ... 57 58 59 60 61 ... 165 166
@PinkRose06
ah, that explains it then! sorry, i assumed she was looking at a gravestone for some reason, i think i took 'looking back' too physically, like looking back over her shoulder or something!
and ouch, you're right. kids probably wouldn't remember promises like that, regardless of how emotionally loaded they are XD

@CookieTimes2000
oh wait, that beginning significantly confused me at first bc i thought it was from Father's perspective (as a name or title) and the weird angle was tripping me up. Then i read the part after the linebreak and now i feel dumb
the first part is from the child's perspective, right?
wait i'm so confused
did the dad die or not? so he went to the apollodome and got treatment but still died? then he revived and now he's coming back? i feel bad for the kid having to stick around with such a nerve-wracking mom though, it must be horrible to have all your survival dependent on a rather... questionable parent. f

@kimnoodles
ouch, the minute i read californian's broadcast message i knew this was gonna be a doozy
the premise is actually super interesting!! moral dilemmas like this are pretty fascinating, because well, she /did/ warn them and they didn't listen. then again, they could've legitimately been in a hurry, and the rudeness of the remark just a consequence of that. the question is if she'd maliciously left them to die or not, since cal /says/ that it was impossible for her to help, but that could've also been born out of an unconsious desire to have revenge for the rude remark.
honestly i don't blame cal's clanmates, hearing about that through the rumor mill probably was not great for cal's reputation. she probably sounded pretty heartless from an objective standpoint. not that that excuses the ostracization, but it's understandable.
the funny thing about cal is that their actions are like... totally normal. i probably would've just not done anything - but not because of a sense of powerlessness, probably just frozen in fear/horror. it sounds like cal did have more awareness than that though, so there's like a whole slew of things to consider there. was she really unable to help? or could she have saved somebody?
it's also interesting to me that cal almost sounds like they blame themselves in a manner - their excuses are weak and their internal narration is kinda bitter, but without any padding. they don't /sound/ biased to their own perceived virtue, which i find really interesting.
sorry from the long ramble, i just love thinking about these kinds of complex moral topics!
@PinkRose06
ah, that explains it then! sorry, i assumed she was looking at a gravestone for some reason, i think i took 'looking back' too physically, like looking back over her shoulder or something!
and ouch, you're right. kids probably wouldn't remember promises like that, regardless of how emotionally loaded they are XD

@CookieTimes2000
oh wait, that beginning significantly confused me at first bc i thought it was from Father's perspective (as a name or title) and the weird angle was tripping me up. Then i read the part after the linebreak and now i feel dumb
the first part is from the child's perspective, right?
wait i'm so confused
did the dad die or not? so he went to the apollodome and got treatment but still died? then he revived and now he's coming back? i feel bad for the kid having to stick around with such a nerve-wracking mom though, it must be horrible to have all your survival dependent on a rather... questionable parent. f

@kimnoodles
ouch, the minute i read californian's broadcast message i knew this was gonna be a doozy
the premise is actually super interesting!! moral dilemmas like this are pretty fascinating, because well, she /did/ warn them and they didn't listen. then again, they could've legitimately been in a hurry, and the rudeness of the remark just a consequence of that. the question is if she'd maliciously left them to die or not, since cal /says/ that it was impossible for her to help, but that could've also been born out of an unconsious desire to have revenge for the rude remark.
honestly i don't blame cal's clanmates, hearing about that through the rumor mill probably was not great for cal's reputation. she probably sounded pretty heartless from an objective standpoint. not that that excuses the ostracization, but it's understandable.
the funny thing about cal is that their actions are like... totally normal. i probably would've just not done anything - but not because of a sense of powerlessness, probably just frozen in fear/horror. it sounds like cal did have more awareness than that though, so there's like a whole slew of things to consider there. was she really unable to help? or could she have saved somebody?
it's also interesting to me that cal almost sounds like they blame themselves in a manner - their excuses are weak and their internal narration is kinda bitter, but without any padding. they don't /sound/ biased to their own perceived virtue, which i find really interesting.
sorry from the long ramble, i just love thinking about these kinds of complex moral topics!
poem shop
writing prompts
The elves going back to Valinor to die
^ that's all I heard/wanted to hear from this prompt
The elves going back to Valinor to die
^ that's all I heard/wanted to hear from this prompt
j4bmArM.pngVdNwmsY.gifkABkpSo.png
Another older prompt! Behold, the very slight mention to the actual prompt amidst me just writing out a portion of a character’s backstory! [s]The fruit of my procrastinating labor![/s] I tried not to make it confusing this time. [b]TW:[/b] There’s a single sentence that could count as debating suicide? It’s not much but I want to point it out anyway just in case. [quote=May 7 2021]Haven’t you heard? They’ve long since already left.[/quote] She was on her own. No one was left to protect her and it…it hurt. She wasn’t used to being alone, she wasn’t used to being this sad. She wanted to be with Mama and Dad, whether it be prison or wandering or even death. But she didn’t know where they were, so she couldn’t shake the undeniable feeling of guilt that she felt at still being here, alone, with only a few of their old things to keep her company. She found a nice little abandoned house to live in. Apparently it was home to some other kids, too—she had to be among the youngest, though. The rooms that were in tact had locks, and upon explaining herself to an older girl she had been given a room and a key to it’s door. Aside from living together, though, no one in the small community did anything for each other—they were still on their own, in the end. One day, she went out to pilfer some snacks. Without realizing it, she ended up in a busy market and struggled to stay out of sight. People were yelling at each other over prices, so they probably wouldn’t pay much attention to her; that’s what she hoped, at least, until an older boy in his probably-mid-teens came up to her. “Uh, ma’am?” He asked from behind her. She jumped, immediately letting out a squeak and holding her arms up in vain defense. “Please don’t hurt me! I-I’m not rich or anything! I can give you the food I have, promise!” The boy just cocked his head to the left. “I’m not gonna hurt you,” he said bluntly. “I just wanted to know if you’ve heard of Falcon and Eagle’s Mercenaries?” “Oh,” she replied sheepishly. Looking at him now, he didn’t have any weapons on him. “But, uh…yeah, I know of them. Used to be a member, actually.” “Perfect!” The boy exclaimed. “Do you know where Tiger is? He used to come visit me and he stopped a month or so ago. I wanna ask him if he got tired of me or just forgot.” “Um…” How could she put this? “Did he not tell you?” The boy’s face fell. “Tell me what?” “The Falcon and Eagle Mercenaries aren’t…really a thing anymore?” She tried. The boy’s face only continued to get sadder. “Most of them left two months ago. A group of five went to the Kingdom…only one came back. The survivor told the mercenaries to follow him, so they did… I don’t know where Tiger is anymore.” “Of course,” the boy muttered. “Just my luck! I find the right person and it turns out Tiger’s gone for good.” He sighed, then looked back up at her. “Say, if that one guy told everyone to follow him, why didn’t you?” She shrank back a little. “I was…kinda…excluded from the conversation? Mama told me never to trust him…everyone else did, though. He used to call me a…what was it…liability? Don’t know what that means, but…” The boy’s face shifted from sadness to some form of…understanding, maybe? “Sorry for bringing it up,” he said. “But I still have more questions. Who’s ‘Mama?’” “Mama’s Mama,” she replied simply. Thinking on the question for a few seconds, she added, “But Mama was Eagle. She left eight months ago…” “Oh,” the boy said, wincing. “Sorry again. That makes you Little Eagle, then?” When she nodded, he continued, “Tiger mentioned you a few times. ‘Not too dull but not too sharp,’ he said. Guess he was right.” She only tilted her head. “What does that mean?” The boy laughed while she remained confused. When his laughter died down, he gave her a smile—like the one she used to get from some of the mercenaries closer to her age that held a similar emotion to one that Mama and Dad looked at her with. “Well, Little Eagle, it’s nice to meet you! I lead a group of kids whose parents left them for one reason or another. We pull together food and money, and everyone has their place. No one’s a liability, promise.” “O-okay,” she said. “I don’t really care where I am as long as I get food…” “We might have to change that thought process,” the boy mused. “That can lead you to some pretty rough places.” He shook of any negative emotions and looked with her with pure cheerfulness. “But you can call me Blade—that’s what everyone else does. Welcome to the group! Let me show you to where we usually meet up.” He took her hand without giving her time to protest, leading her away. And so began a time of not being quite as alone as she had been before, however short it may have been. She knew that the word ‘liability’ would be thrown at her again, even if she didn’t really know what it meant yet.
Another older prompt! Behold, the very slight mention to the actual prompt amidst me just writing out a portion of a character’s backstory! The fruit of my procrastinating labor! I tried not to make it confusing this time.

TW: There’s a single sentence that could count as debating suicide? It’s not much but I want to point it out anyway just in case.
May 7 2021 wrote:
Haven’t you heard? They’ve long since already left.

She was on her own. No one was left to protect her and it…it hurt. She wasn’t used to being alone, she wasn’t used to being this sad. She wanted to be with Mama and Dad, whether it be prison or wandering or even death. But she didn’t know where they were, so she couldn’t shake the undeniable feeling of guilt that she felt at still being here, alone, with only a few of their old things to keep her company.

She found a nice little abandoned house to live in. Apparently it was home to some other kids, too—she had to be among the youngest, though. The rooms that were in tact had locks, and upon explaining herself to an older girl she had been given a room and a key to it’s door. Aside from living together, though, no one in the small community did anything for each other—they were still on their own, in the end.

One day, she went out to pilfer some snacks. Without realizing it, she ended up in a busy market and struggled to stay out of sight. People were yelling at each other over prices, so they probably wouldn’t pay much attention to her; that’s what she hoped, at least, until an older boy in his probably-mid-teens came up to her.

“Uh, ma’am?” He asked from behind her.

She jumped, immediately letting out a squeak and holding her arms up in vain defense. “Please don’t hurt me! I-I’m not rich or anything! I can give you the food I have, promise!”

The boy just cocked his head to the left. “I’m not gonna hurt you,” he said bluntly. “I just wanted to know if you’ve heard of Falcon and Eagle’s Mercenaries?”

“Oh,” she replied sheepishly. Looking at him now, he didn’t have any weapons on him. “But, uh…yeah, I know of them. Used to be a member, actually.”

“Perfect!” The boy exclaimed. “Do you know where Tiger is? He used to come visit me and he stopped a month or so ago. I wanna ask him if he got tired of me or just forgot.”

“Um…” How could she put this? “Did he not tell you?”

The boy’s face fell. “Tell me what?”

“The Falcon and Eagle Mercenaries aren’t…really a thing anymore?” She tried. The boy’s face only continued to get sadder. “Most of them left two months ago. A group of five went to the Kingdom…only one came back. The survivor told the mercenaries to follow him, so they did… I don’t know where Tiger is anymore.”

“Of course,” the boy muttered. “Just my luck! I find the right person and it turns out Tiger’s gone for good.” He sighed, then looked back up at her. “Say, if that one guy told everyone to follow him, why didn’t you?”

She shrank back a little. “I was…kinda…excluded from the conversation? Mama told me never to trust him…everyone else did, though. He used to call me a…what was it…liability? Don’t know what that means, but…”

The boy’s face shifted from sadness to some form of…understanding, maybe? “Sorry for bringing it up,” he said. “But I still have more questions. Who’s ‘Mama?’”

“Mama’s Mama,” she replied simply. Thinking on the question for a few seconds, she added, “But Mama was Eagle. She left eight months ago…”

“Oh,” the boy said, wincing. “Sorry again. That makes you Little Eagle, then?” When she nodded, he continued, “Tiger mentioned you a few times. ‘Not too dull but not too sharp,’ he said. Guess he was right.”

She only tilted her head. “What does that mean?”

The boy laughed while she remained confused. When his laughter died down, he gave her a smile—like the one she used to get from some of the mercenaries closer to her age that held a similar emotion to one that Mama and Dad looked at her with. “Well, Little Eagle, it’s nice to meet you! I lead a group of kids whose parents left them for one reason or another. We pull together food and money, and everyone has their place. No one’s a liability, promise.”

“O-okay,” she said. “I don’t really care where I am as long as I get food…”

“We might have to change that thought process,” the boy mused. “That can lead you to some pretty rough places.” He shook of any negative emotions and looked with her with pure cheerfulness. “But you can call me Blade—that’s what everyone else does. Welcome to the group! Let me show you to where we usually meet up.”

He took her hand without giving her time to protest, leading her away. And so began a time of not being quite as alone as she had been before, however short it may have been. She knew that the word ‘liability’ would be thrown at her again, even if she didn’t really know what it meant yet.
qv9W79E.png aaaaw3fPTiE.png
[center][quote=July 9 2021][font=century gothic][size=5]In every world out there, there is something to keep, something to hold. Something to protect.[/size][/quote] @Nightlilac @magiritsa @goldrush @naranciag @sunwolf @fennecfox21 @sanzang @Hemmalaya @stolen @MaybeHuman @simplyonewinged @kimnoodles @daffydil @finnamony @MittensTheKitten @kawiikatz @Peachycupcake525 @xSTORMDRAGONx @Inkwyrm @TheGrayGhost @moonstrucksmorns @CatInDisguise @DriftingDreams @Xuelian @Mercurythewolf @Pinkish13 @SkySerenade @pandakitty1 @PuppyLuvr06 @shr00mlightz @AllHailWebby @Hyzenthlaay @Illusia @AwkwardTrash @LavenderSelkie @wolfdragon3036 @StarryLune @ulvesang @styygian @Orodruin @Crizona @Lavend3rDragon @PeacefulPyro @PinkRose06 @SocklessWonder @Tumbleweeds @CookieTimes2000 @fuzzysherbet @Quilava2010 @AlterZero @DewFeather[/center]
poem shop
writing prompts
@PinkRose06
it's great that you're finally expanding on a character's backstory! i tend to be super lazy with those myself, hehe...
“Oh,” she replied sheepishly. Looking at him now, he didn’t have any weapons on him. “But, uh…yeah, I know of them. Used to be a member, actually.”
this kid used to be a MERCENARY?!?! i know their parents were, but them too?! appearances really can be deceiving...
so this was little eagle! that mindset really IS dangerous, i'm glad blade was there and is seeing to that. it's a little concerning to me that they were just talking about what sounds like(?) a mercenary clan in the middle of a crowded market, but maybe that's just my paranoia talking :P
also was blade just going around asking everybody he met if they've heard of falcon and eagle's mercenaries? or did he recognize her in the crowd somehow?
@PinkRose06
it's great that you're finally expanding on a character's backstory! i tend to be super lazy with those myself, hehe...
this kid used to be a MERCENARY?!?! i know their parents were, but them too?! appearances really can be deceiving...
so this was little eagle! that mindset really IS dangerous, i'm glad blade was there and is seeing to that. it's a little concerning to me that they were just talking about what sounds like(?) a mercenary clan in the middle of a crowded market, but maybe that's just my paranoia talking :P
also was blade just going around asking everybody he met if they've heard of falcon and eagle's mercenaries? or did he recognize her in the crowd somehow?
poem shop
writing prompts
@/fyi

I like writing out important parts of a character’s backstory. Then I go insane trying to find it when I actually need to reference it XP
She’s not a mercenary herself; she considers herself a member because she lived and traveled with them, but she doesn’t know how to fight (hence the reason why she just tries to protect herself when she first encounters Blade; she has a sword but doesn’t know how to wield it).
Yes, they are talking about a mercenary company in the middle of a market. No one’s paying attention to two random kids when they could be haggling for prices instead.
Blade was just going around, asking if anyone’s heard of them. The company isn’t the largest nor the most famed, so he didn’t have any luck until he ran into Little Eagle. Then he goes from “this kid is Little Eagle” to “wait she’s all alone I have a group for that let’s go.”
And I actually made an inconsistency error in the story bit. I’m the only one who’ll notice but I should change that.
@/fyi

I like writing out important parts of a character’s backstory. Then I go insane trying to find it when I actually need to reference it XP
She’s not a mercenary herself; she considers herself a member because she lived and traveled with them, but she doesn’t know how to fight (hence the reason why she just tries to protect herself when she first encounters Blade; she has a sword but doesn’t know how to wield it).
Yes, they are talking about a mercenary company in the middle of a market. No one’s paying attention to two random kids when they could be haggling for prices instead.
Blade was just going around, asking if anyone’s heard of them. The company isn’t the largest nor the most famed, so he didn’t have any luck until he ran into Little Eagle. Then he goes from “this kid is Little Eagle” to “wait she’s all alone I have a group for that let’s go.”
And I actually made an inconsistency error in the story bit. I’m the only one who’ll notice but I should change that.
[center][quote=July 10 2021][font=century gothic][size=5]"That's not what you said before," they accused.[/size][/quote] @Nightlilac @magiritsa @goldrush @naranciag @sunwolf @fennecfox21 @sanzang @Hemmalaya @stolen @MaybeHuman @simplyonewinged @kimnoodles @daffydil @finnamony @MittensTheKitten @kawiikatz @Peachycupcake525 @xSTORMDRAGONx @Inkwyrm @TheGrayGhost @moonstrucksmorns @CatInDisguise @DriftingDreams @Xuelian @Mercurythewolf @Pinkish13 @SkySerenade @pandakitty1 @PuppyLuvr06 @shr00mlightz @AllHailWebby @Hyzenthlaay @Illusia @AwkwardTrash @LavenderSelkie @wolfdragon3036 @StarryLune @ulvesang @styygian @Orodruin @Crizona @Lavend3rDragon @PeacefulPyro @PinkRose06 @SocklessWonder @Tumbleweeds @CookieTimes2000 @fuzzysherbet @Quilava2010 @AlterZero @DewFeather[/center]
poem shop
writing prompts
[center][quote=July 10 2021][font=century gothic][size=5]"That's not what you said before," they accused.[/size][/quote][/center] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/33064633]Sakura[/url] had finally gotten away from [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/32398177]Dreamsky[/url], who was rambling about how she had shoved honeysuckle into Alastar's mouth after he tried to eat her familiar. But as soon as she had left, she noticed Fjord walking around with his pearl. Across the clearing, [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/68055063]Chaminade[/url] scribbled in her notepad, crossed it out, then wrote some more. [i]Finally[/i], thought Sakura, [i]someone to have a normal conversation with.[/i] The veilspun had arrived in the clan just a few weeks ago, and mostly kept to herself. Still, Sakura figured that anything was better than being forced to play more basketball with Fjord and his pearl. Getting hit on the head with that thing was not fun. "Hey Chaminade," greeted Sakura. "What are you writing?" "A list of all the inane things about this place," said Chaminade, still focused on her paper. Her long mane obscured the text. "That's not what you said before," Sakura accused. "Didn't you say you were writing a play?" "A play? Why would I write a play?" asked Chaminade. She snorted in disdain. "None of you can act anyway." Sakura sighed. She knew that Chaminade was writing some sort of play about an evil spirit haunting the clan, but was probably embarrassed about it. "Well," said Sakura. "Care to tell me some of the things on that list?" "Gladly," said Chaminade, putting down her writing. "First of all, Aveena is always telling us about how we have to eat meat and fish quickly before it spoils or something. Back in Plague, no one worried about that! If a hatchling can't stomach some day-old fish, how will they survive the Scarred Wasteland? Besides, the flies and maggots add flavor." Sakura was beginning to regret talking to Chaminade, but the veilspun was not done yet. "And the dragons here are absolutely crazy! What is up with Muck, anyways? And Brylee keeps asking me if I'd like to hear about physics. Who wants to learn physics?" Sakura tapped a claw on the ground. "Well, I agree with you there. Muck is certainly a bit strange, and I sat through half of one of Brylee's lectures once. Never again." She chuckled. "I'm glad someone agrees," said Chaminade, giving Sakura a small smile. "You know that play I was talking about earlier? It's about this clan." Sakura decided not to comment on how Chaminade had denied writing a play just minutes ago. "Really?" asked Sakura. "Tell me more." "I'm not done yet, but basically, we accidentally release an evil spirit. At least, that's the plan." Sakura was not surprised. "Fascinating. Could I read it when you're done?" Chaminade considered it for a moment. "Yeah, fine. I'm going to go eat now. See you later." She nodded and flew away.
July 10 2021 wrote:
"That's not what you said before," they accused.

Sakura had finally gotten away from Dreamsky, who was rambling about how she had shoved honeysuckle into Alastar's mouth after he tried to eat her familiar. But as soon as she had left, she noticed Fjord walking around with his pearl.

Across the clearing, Chaminade scribbled in her notepad, crossed it out, then wrote some more. Finally, thought Sakura, someone to have a normal conversation with. The veilspun had arrived in the clan just a few weeks ago, and mostly kept to herself. Still, Sakura figured that anything was better than being forced to play more basketball with Fjord and his pearl. Getting hit on the head with that thing was not fun.

"Hey Chaminade," greeted Sakura. "What are you writing?"

"A list of all the inane things about this place," said Chaminade, still focused on her paper. Her long mane obscured the text.

"That's not what you said before," Sakura accused. "Didn't you say you were writing a play?"

"A play? Why would I write a play?" asked Chaminade. She snorted in disdain. "None of you can act anyway."

Sakura sighed. She knew that Chaminade was writing some sort of play about an evil spirit haunting the clan, but was probably embarrassed about it.

"Well," said Sakura. "Care to tell me some of the things on that list?"

"Gladly," said Chaminade, putting down her writing. "First of all, Aveena is always telling us about how we have to eat meat and fish quickly before it spoils or something. Back in Plague, no one worried about that! If a hatchling can't stomach some day-old fish, how will they survive the Scarred Wasteland? Besides, the flies and maggots add flavor."

Sakura was beginning to regret talking to Chaminade, but the veilspun was not done yet.

"And the dragons here are absolutely crazy! What is up with Muck, anyways? And Brylee keeps asking me if I'd like to hear about physics. Who wants to learn physics?"

Sakura tapped a claw on the ground. "Well, I agree with you there. Muck is certainly a bit strange, and I sat through half of one of Brylee's lectures once. Never again." She chuckled.

"I'm glad someone agrees," said Chaminade, giving Sakura a small smile. "You know that play I was talking about earlier? It's about this clan." Sakura decided not to comment on how Chaminade had denied writing a play just minutes ago.

"Really?" asked Sakura. "Tell me more."

"I'm not done yet, but basically, we accidentally release an evil spirit. At least, that's the plan."

Sakura was not surprised. "Fascinating. Could I read it when you're done?"

Chaminade considered it for a moment. "Yeah, fine. I'm going to go eat now. See you later." She nodded and flew away.
Hello! I love birds and music. And also science. zuKl4tj.png HQsa6bD.png
This one’s actually fanfiction, so I’ll [url= https://fireemblem.fandom.com/wiki/Lysithea]link[/url] [url= https://fireemblem.fandom.com/wiki/Ashe]each[/url] [url= https://fireemblem.fandom.com/wiki/Hubert]character’s[/url] [url=https://fireemblem.fandom.com/wiki/Linhardt]page[/url] on the [url= https://fireemblem.fandom.com/wiki/Fire_Emblem_Wiki]game’s wiki[/url] in case anyone needs background information. [quote=March 26 2021]Ghostly apparitions wail unseen within tomblike walls, and the static is deafening. They take in a deep breath, trying - and failing - to calm themselves. They did [i]not[/i] sign up for this.[/quote] This was fine. She wasn’t scared—she didn’t have time to be scared. She would go beneath the monastery, come back, and not be scared at all… Yeah. Lysithea liked that plan. Putting it into action was a different matter entirely, however. She could faintly hear voices, could see movement in the corner of her eye. It wasn’t a comforting sight to one afraid of ghosts. “…I’m going to destroy Claude when I get back upstairs,” she muttered to herself. “I don’t have time for this! He knows that. I wouldn’t be surprised if he just wanted to watch me run out and scream like a child.” She took a moment to steel herself. “Well, I won’t give him the satisfaction.” She walked on with more confident steps—for about two minutes before she felt something brush against her shoulder. Letting out a squeak, she turned around and was prepared to banish the ghost that haunted her. Lysithea found nothing but cobwebs, however, and she began to hope that Claude and anyone else nearby didn’t hear her. She heard more muffled conversations, which further chipped at her confidence until she was shaking as she walked further on. She could do this; ghosts weren’t real. The dead can’t hurt her. They were with the goddess, if one believed in such things… Lysithea had hoped that such thoughts would reassure her, but they did not. A steadying breath did no good, either. She was beginning to think of all the things she could do to get back at Claude for this, just to keep her mind off the possibility of ghosts. She was halfway there. She was no longer going down stairs, but instead walking down a pathway. Cobwebs no longer surrounded her, so no physical thing touched her—yet she could still hear muffled voices, laughter, and the faint light from farther down the hallway meant unique shapes and figures that fueled her imagination. Suddenly, there was a yelp behind her. Lysithea quickly turned to face the noise. “I’m learning white magic!” She threatened. “G-ghosts won’t stand a chance, s-so stay back!” “Ghosts?” The voice wasn’t that of an apparition, but instead a fellow student. In the dim light coming from behind her, Lysithea could identify him as Ashe—a member of the Blue Lions house. She willed herself to look relaxed and calm even though having someone else with her was only a slight assurance. “Why are you down here?” Lysithea asked him. Ashe didn’t respond for a few seconds, glancing around him with a worried expression. When he did reply, he looked back at her, “I was asked by my professor to get a sword from down here…the church agreed to let the students have it, so I offered to come down to get it.” He shivered in apparent fear. “I-I didn’t think there’d be ghosts down here…” “I know!” Lysithea agreed. “Everyone always says that ghosts don’t haunt the monastery, but I beg to differ. This place is most definitely haunted.” “W-well, it might be better if we stay together,” Ashe said nervously. “It’s pitiful, but I’m…not too fond of ghosts.” Lysithea nodded her agreement, and Ashe got closer so they could continue on side by side. Both of them were on edge, every moving shadow or muttered word causing them to jump. To avoid such sounds and to take her mind off of it, Lysithea said, “Coincidentally, I was sent by my house leader to retrieve the same sword as you are.” “Really?” Ashe asked. “We’re from different houses, so how would we decide which one gets it?” She heard muffled, sinister laughter that almost made her scream. With that in mind, she moved a little quicker. “We can figure it out once we get out of here!” Lysithea declared in response to Ashe. “I did not agree to be taunted by ghosts!” Ashe mumbled an agreement and followed her wordlessly. They got closer and closer to the end of the hallway—closer and closer to the sword they were asked to retrieve. The voices got louder and the light got brighter, until finally they reached the chamber the sword was in. Lysithea did not expect the sight, however. Hubert, a student from the Black Eagle house, was examining the sword carefully. Linhardt, another member of the Black Eagles, stood next to him and yawned. Lysithea could feel her annoyance building up as she addressed them. “Hubert? Linhardt? You’re here for the sword, too?” “I thought I might have to come find you,” Hubert noted without looking up at her. “This is just a test given from the professors. The sword isn’t anything grand.” “What a shame,” Linhardt said sleepily. “I could’ve been asleep already.” Lysithea just stared at them. “I went through a dark, cramped, haunted pathway just to be told this was a waste of my time?” The other three understood that it was rhetorical. “You can have the sword,” Hubert replied. “It won’t fulfill any purpose for Lady Edelgard.” He walked over to Lysithea, gave her the sword, and turned away again. “The exit is through another hallway. And remind yourselves that ghosts aren’t real—the dead can’t hurt you in a physical sense.” He didn’t even offer a wave when he left. Linhardt followed as he muttered, “Really, they all know I’d rather be sleeping…” Lysithea just stared at the sword in her hands. Cautiously, Ashe said, “I’m sure my professor won’t mind if your house kept it and let us have it for training.” “Of course,” Lysithea said distantly, albeit somewhat bitterly. She started following the path that Hubert and Linhardt had used earlier, thinking on how she could make up for this time she spent—and how she could recover from the terrifying expedition.
This one’s actually fanfiction, so I’ll link each character’s page on the game’s wiki in case anyone needs background information.
March 26 2021 wrote:
Ghostly apparitions wail unseen within tomblike walls, and the static is deafening. They take in a deep breath, trying - and failing - to calm themselves.

They did not sign up for this.
This was fine. She wasn’t scared—she didn’t have time to be scared. She would go beneath the monastery, come back, and not be scared at all… Yeah. Lysithea liked that plan. Putting it into action was a different matter entirely, however. She could faintly hear voices, could see movement in the corner of her eye. It wasn’t a comforting sight to one afraid of ghosts.

“…I’m going to destroy Claude when I get back upstairs,” she muttered to herself. “I don’t have time for this! He knows that. I wouldn’t be surprised if he just wanted to watch me run out and scream like a child.” She took a moment to steel herself. “Well, I won’t give him the satisfaction.”

She walked on with more confident steps—for about two minutes before she felt something brush against her shoulder. Letting out a squeak, she turned around and was prepared to banish the ghost that haunted her. Lysithea found nothing but cobwebs, however, and she began to hope that Claude and anyone else nearby didn’t hear her. She heard more muffled conversations, which further chipped at her confidence until she was shaking as she walked further on. She could do this; ghosts weren’t real. The dead can’t hurt her. They were with the goddess, if one believed in such things…

Lysithea had hoped that such thoughts would reassure her, but they did not. A steadying breath did no good, either. She was beginning to think of all the things she could do to get back at Claude for this, just to keep her mind off the possibility of ghosts.

She was halfway there. She was no longer going down stairs, but instead walking down a pathway. Cobwebs no longer surrounded her, so no physical thing touched her—yet she could still hear muffled voices, laughter, and the faint light from farther down the hallway meant unique shapes and figures that fueled her imagination.
Suddenly, there was a yelp behind her. Lysithea quickly turned to face the noise. “I’m learning white magic!” She threatened. “G-ghosts won’t stand a chance, s-so stay back!”

“Ghosts?”

The voice wasn’t that of an apparition, but instead a fellow student. In the dim light coming from behind her, Lysithea could identify him as Ashe—a member of the Blue Lions house. She willed herself to look relaxed and calm even though having someone else with her was only a slight assurance. “Why are you down here?” Lysithea asked him.

Ashe didn’t respond for a few seconds, glancing around him with a worried expression. When he did reply, he looked back at her, “I was asked by my professor to get a sword from down here…the church agreed to let the students have it, so I offered to come down to get it.” He shivered in apparent fear. “I-I didn’t think there’d be ghosts down here…”

“I know!” Lysithea agreed. “Everyone always says that ghosts don’t haunt the monastery, but I beg to differ. This place is most definitely haunted.”

“W-well, it might be better if we stay together,” Ashe said nervously. “It’s pitiful, but I’m…not too fond of ghosts.”

Lysithea nodded her agreement, and Ashe got closer so they could continue on side by side. Both of them were on edge, every moving shadow or muttered word causing them to jump. To avoid such sounds and to take her mind off of it, Lysithea said, “Coincidentally, I was sent by my house leader to retrieve the same sword as you are.”

“Really?” Ashe asked. “We’re from different houses, so how would we decide which one gets it?”

She heard muffled, sinister laughter that almost made her scream. With that in mind, she moved a little quicker. “We can figure it out once we get out of here!” Lysithea declared in response to Ashe. “I did not agree to be taunted by ghosts!”

Ashe mumbled an agreement and followed her wordlessly. They got closer and closer to the end of the hallway—closer and closer to the sword they were asked to retrieve. The voices got louder and the light got brighter, until finally they reached the chamber the sword was in. Lysithea did not expect the sight, however.

Hubert, a student from the Black Eagle house, was examining the sword carefully. Linhardt, another member of the Black Eagles, stood next to him and yawned. Lysithea could feel her annoyance building up as she addressed them. “Hubert? Linhardt? You’re here for the sword, too?”

“I thought I might have to come find you,” Hubert noted without looking up at her. “This is just a test given from the professors. The sword isn’t anything grand.”

“What a shame,” Linhardt said sleepily. “I could’ve been asleep already.”

Lysithea just stared at them. “I went through a dark, cramped, haunted pathway just to be told this was a waste of my time?” The other three understood that it was rhetorical.

“You can have the sword,” Hubert replied. “It won’t fulfill any purpose for Lady Edelgard.” He walked over to Lysithea, gave her the sword, and turned away again. “The exit is through another hallway. And remind yourselves that ghosts aren’t real—the dead can’t hurt you in a physical sense.”

He didn’t even offer a wave when he left. Linhardt followed as he muttered, “Really, they all know I’d rather be sleeping…”

Lysithea just stared at the sword in her hands. Cautiously, Ashe said, “I’m sure my professor won’t mind if your house kept it and let us have it for training.”

“Of course,” Lysithea said distantly, albeit somewhat bitterly. She started following the path that Hubert and Linhardt had used earlier, thinking on how she could make up for this time she spent—and how she could recover from the terrifying expedition.
Oh wow, this is a really neat thread! All of you are so talented :o
I'd like to be added to the pinglist please!
Oh wow, this is a really neat thread! All of you are so talented :o
I'd like to be added to the pinglist please!
Activity fluctuates.
If I don't respond to
something for a while, please
PM me to get my attention!

Comfort dragon
X tumblr_p1dtysGz331wvvm88o2_100.png
1 2 ... 57 58 59 60 61 ... 165 166