Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | triweekly writing prompts !
1 2 ... 59 60 61 62 63 ... 165 166
i was going to give him a name but i was drawing a blank on that, i wasn’t sure who i wanted it to be! i did mean it to the mentors chest lmao-
monochrome can’t focus on anything and the way cats are trained- it is basically like the american school system, where you teach everyone the same with no room for improvement (it does change in the future)
he just seems to struggle learning this way, and it can’t change for him.
fun fact: when he becomes leader he implements a new system that i need to plan and think of haha

her father taught her to go in fun murder sprees because haha funny dead hehe.
also snowy was always rude to him and light shine suspects her for everything bad that happens anyways, even before.
i was going to give him a name but i was drawing a blank on that, i wasn’t sure who i wanted it to be! i did mean it to the mentors chest lmao-
monochrome can’t focus on anything and the way cats are trained- it is basically like the american school system, where you teach everyone the same with no room for improvement (it does change in the future)
he just seems to struggle learning this way, and it can’t change for him.
fun fact: when he becomes leader he implements a new system that i need to plan and think of haha

her father taught her to go in fun murder sprees because haha funny dead hehe.
also snowy was always rude to him and light shine suspects her for everything bad that happens anyways, even before.
rHxG0s7.pngY5ILoot.png kaz | they/he/she | gay ace
lately i’ve been forgetful and unfocused, please ping me again if i didn’t respond!
@/fyi

Thales is a villain regardless of route; whether or not Edelgard’s a villain depends on your perspective (I don’t think she’s a true villain but I’m also very biased). The Empire isn’t necessarily evil or evil-aligned—they aren’t antagonist per se towards the other regions of the continent until a war happens. From what I know of it, there is a monarchy; at the very least, the previous emperor gave the current one (Edelgard, his daughter) the throne.
It may not be clear (I tend to write as if the reader can tell what I’m thinking sometimes), but when she says “the enemy of my enemy” she’s referring to the people Thales lead—a group called those who slither in the dark. They’re both enemies with the church, although Edelgard (from what I’ve gathered—but, as I said before, I am biased) doesn’t want to side with them. She sees those who slither in the dark as people of true evil, since they killed most of her family and plenty of innocent people. She’s only working with them during the war because they have the necessary supplies and troops.
Hopefully that explains everything; if not you’re free to ask follow-up questions. I should probably stop posting fanfiction with confusing game stuff mixed in XP Especially from Three Houses.
@/fyi

Thales is a villain regardless of route; whether or not Edelgard’s a villain depends on your perspective (I don’t think she’s a true villain but I’m also very biased). The Empire isn’t necessarily evil or evil-aligned—they aren’t antagonist per se towards the other regions of the continent until a war happens. From what I know of it, there is a monarchy; at the very least, the previous emperor gave the current one (Edelgard, his daughter) the throne.
It may not be clear (I tend to write as if the reader can tell what I’m thinking sometimes), but when she says “the enemy of my enemy” she’s referring to the people Thales lead—a group called those who slither in the dark. They’re both enemies with the church, although Edelgard (from what I’ve gathered—but, as I said before, I am biased) doesn’t want to side with them. She sees those who slither in the dark as people of true evil, since they killed most of her family and plenty of innocent people. She’s only working with them during the war because they have the necessary supplies and troops.
Hopefully that explains everything; if not you’re free to ask follow-up questions. I should probably stop posting fanfiction with confusing game stuff mixed in XP Especially from Three Houses.
qv9W79E.png aaaaw3fPTiE.png
Aaaand here’s my writing for today’s prompt! This is all OCs in an unspecified universe so hopefully it’s less confusing than my fanfiction. [quote=July 13 2021]"What're you drawing?" Their sibling tucked their sketchpad close to their chest, scowling. "None of your business."[/quote] It was a nice day outside. Rayin found a nice little spot in the garden that he could have all to himself. No Mother to insist he stay inside; no Father to tell him to be a bit more productive; no little sister begging him to play with her. It was just him, his sketchbook, and something to draw with. He laid out the supplies and started his work, leaning against a tree and propping the sketchbook up with his legs. He undoubtedly looked like he was concentrating—which was good. Rayin didn’t want interruptions. He drew with his left hand and moved the book to avoid smudging accordingly. He had an exact imagine in mind—a name he wanted to give a face to. Rayin paused when he heard someone coming near him. It wasn’t anyone in his sight, but he could still hear it. Finally, there was giggling coming from above him, and his little sister was bending down to look at him from the branches. “Brother!” was the single word she uttered before Rayin put his sketchbook down and stood up. “Li, get down from there!” Rayin hissed. “You could get hurt if you hang from a tree like that!” “You’re so boring,” Mythili returned. Her head retreated back into the leaves, and she moved to a lower branch, sitting properly on it this time. “Is this better, Brother?” Rayin just looked at her for a moment before sitting back down. “Mother won’t be happy that you’re climbing trees—especially in one of your better dresses.” “Mom won’t mind,” Mythili said dismissively. She immediately started changing her position so she could watch Rayin again. “What’cha drawing?” He hid the drawing from view as soon as she said it. He must’ve been blushing, if Mythili’s laughter was any indication. “Nothing you need to know,” Rayin muttered. “Are you sure?” Mythili asked joyfully. “Oh, oh, is it a girl? Or is it Mom? Or is it me?! Come on, I wanna seeeeee—” Her bouncing led her to lose balance, and due to her position she fell almost exactly on top of Rayin. She was only eight, but…good grief. He felt like he was being squished. Mythili scrambled off of him before he could fully recover to snap at her, using his slight pain to take the sketchbook from his lap. “Hey! It kinda looks like you, except more like Dad. Are you doing self-portraits?” Rayin recovered shortly after the comment and, although she said it playfully, he held a bit of venom in his tone. “Give it back, Li.” “What are you gonna do if I don’t?” Mythili asked teasingly. “Tell Mom?” “Yes!” Rayin replied with clear annoyance. “And you’ll have to forget about me ever drawing anything that looks like you.” Mythili put on her best fake frown and gave it back to him. “You’re mean,” she said bluntly. “And you’re a brat,” Rayin muttered back. He took the sketchbook and carefully brushed away any dirt. “…But thank you. I’ll say who it is, just…don’t tell Mother. She’ll get upset that I’m thinking about it enough to draw it.” Mythili’s feigned annoyance and typical childishness sifted to something much more reliable when she nodded. “I won’t tell Mom! You have my best word!” Rayin looked back at the drawing and could feel himself getting a little more embarrassed. “I…wanted to draw Matre. The caretakers said he had Father’s eyes and Mother’s hair… I was going to see if I could color it, too.” “You think this is what Little Big Brother would look like if he were still here?” Mythili asked curiously. Rayin only nodded, and she looked at the picture more extensively. She put on a smile and declared, “Well, I think it’s pretty accurate! You two were twins, so he’d kinda look like you.” With a more mischievous giggle, she added, “He’d have shorter hair, though. I doubt think he’d believe he could pull that look off.” “Remember what I said about you being a brat?” Rayin said darkly. “It’s a joke!” Mythili protested with a laugh. “Sheesh. But I’m sure Little Big Brother would agree that I’m right!” “I’m sure he wouldn’t say it to my face, at least,” Rayin replied. He started to shoo her away. “No go before trouble follows you. I’ll be back inside for dinner.” Mythili feigned a sigh, but said her goodbyes regardless. Rayin stared at the drawing, still mostly unfinished except for a rough face and eyes, and wished he could’ve seen his little brother in person. He could only draw and dream now. With this thought in mind, he continued his work, creating a face that he was proud of. To most it would just look like Rayin was drawing himself, but he knew who it was; Little Matre, the young boy who would never wake up again.
Aaaand here’s my writing for today’s prompt! This is all OCs in an unspecified universe so hopefully it’s less confusing than my fanfiction.
July 13 2021 wrote:
"What're you drawing?"
Their sibling tucked their sketchpad close to their chest, scowling. "None of your business."
It was a nice day outside. Rayin found a nice little spot in the garden that he could have all to himself. No Mother to insist he stay inside; no Father to tell him to be a bit more productive; no little sister begging him to play with her. It was just him, his sketchbook, and something to draw with.

He laid out the supplies and started his work, leaning against a tree and propping the sketchbook up with his legs. He undoubtedly looked like he was concentrating—which was good. Rayin didn’t want interruptions. He drew with his left hand and moved the book to avoid smudging accordingly. He had an exact imagine in mind—a name he wanted to give a face to.

Rayin paused when he heard someone coming near him. It wasn’t anyone in his sight, but he could still hear it. Finally, there was giggling coming from above him, and his little sister was bending down to look at him from the branches.

“Brother!” was the single word she uttered before Rayin put his sketchbook down and stood up.

“Li, get down from there!” Rayin hissed. “You could get hurt if you hang from a tree like that!”

“You’re so boring,” Mythili returned. Her head retreated back into the leaves, and she moved to a lower branch, sitting properly on it this time. “Is this better, Brother?”
Rayin just looked at her for a moment before sitting back down. “Mother won’t be happy that you’re climbing trees—especially in one of your better dresses.”

“Mom won’t mind,” Mythili said dismissively. She immediately started changing her position so she could watch Rayin again. “What’cha drawing?”

He hid the drawing from view as soon as she said it. He must’ve been blushing, if Mythili’s laughter was any indication. “Nothing you need to know,” Rayin muttered.

“Are you sure?” Mythili asked joyfully. “Oh, oh, is it a girl? Or is it Mom? Or is it me?! Come on, I wanna seeeeee—”

Her bouncing led her to lose balance, and due to her position she fell almost exactly on top of Rayin. She was only eight, but…good grief. He felt like he was being squished. Mythili scrambled off of him before he could fully recover to snap at her, using his slight pain to take the sketchbook from his lap. “Hey! It kinda looks like you, except more like Dad. Are you doing self-portraits?”

Rayin recovered shortly after the comment and, although she said it playfully, he held a bit of venom in his tone. “Give it back, Li.”

“What are you gonna do if I don’t?” Mythili asked teasingly. “Tell Mom?”

“Yes!” Rayin replied with clear annoyance. “And you’ll have to forget about me ever drawing anything that looks like you.”

Mythili put on her best fake frown and gave it back to him. “You’re mean,” she said bluntly.

“And you’re a brat,” Rayin muttered back. He took the sketchbook and carefully brushed away any dirt. “…But thank you. I’ll say who it is, just…don’t tell Mother. She’ll get upset that I’m thinking about it enough to draw it.”

Mythili’s feigned annoyance and typical childishness sifted to something much more reliable when she nodded. “I won’t tell Mom! You have my best word!”

Rayin looked back at the drawing and could feel himself getting a little more embarrassed. “I…wanted to draw Matre. The caretakers said he had Father’s eyes and Mother’s hair… I was going to see if I could color it, too.”

“You think this is what Little Big Brother would look like if he were still here?” Mythili asked curiously. Rayin only nodded, and she looked at the picture more extensively. She put on a smile and declared, “Well, I think it’s pretty accurate! You two were twins, so he’d kinda look like you.” With a more mischievous giggle, she added, “He’d have shorter hair, though. I doubt think he’d believe he could pull that look off.”

“Remember what I said about you being a brat?” Rayin said darkly.

“It’s a joke!” Mythili protested with a laugh. “Sheesh. But I’m sure Little Big Brother would agree that I’m right!”

“I’m sure he wouldn’t say it to my face, at least,” Rayin replied. He started to shoo her away. “No go before trouble follows you. I’ll be back inside for dinner.”

Mythili feigned a sigh, but said her goodbyes regardless. Rayin stared at the drawing, still mostly unfinished except for a rough face and eyes, and wished he could’ve seen his little brother in person. He could only draw and dream now. With this thought in mind, he continued his work, creating a face that he was proud of. To most it would just look like Rayin was drawing himself, but he knew who it was; Little Matre, the young boy who would never wake up again.
Sorry that it has been so long since I last wrote anything. I've been lacking motivation lately, but I'm starting to get some of it back.

Quote:
“What’re you drawing?”
Their sibling tucked their sketchpad close to their chest, scowling. “None of your business.”
~Many Greenskeepers Ago~

“Hey Torpor! What’re you drawing?” The annoying voice of Torpor’s little sister rang behind his ears.

He closed and tucked his sketchbook close to his chest, scowling. “None of your business.”

“Whaaaat?!” Curro whined, “Why can’t I seeee iiiiit? What could you possibly draw that you don’t want me to see?” A mischievous look crossed her face. “Perhaps... You are drawing your.. cruuuuuussssh?

Perhaps it’s none of your business!” Torpor snarled. His wings flared, causing his little sister to erupt into toridae tears.

He paused, confused, until he heard familiar footsteps approaching. One day he was going to feed his sister to the wolves.

“Torpor, care to tell me why Curro is crying..?” He didn’t need to turn around to know that his mom was looming behind him, disapproving.

“She-” “He triied to atteack meee!!!” Curro cried out, still sobbing. “I jus wanned to see whahe dwawwing.....” “I didn-”

“That’s enough Torpor.” His mom snapped, “You’re grounded. Go to your lair and don’t come out ‘till tomorrow.”

He grumbled, storming off with the sketchpad in his talons. At least he was almost finished with the drawing. He hoped Phai would like it.

~Current Day~

“Wait, you were an artist back then?” Charlie queried.

Torpor sighed fondly. “Yes, it was one of my favorite hobbies alongside flying and writing songs.”

Raer turned her head away from his bookshelf. “Then why not pick it up again? You won’t have to move all that much.”

“I just never thought of it. I’ve kept all my drawing utensils hidden away for so long that I forgot about them.”

“I can tell.” The coatl mused, wiping the grime off an old sketchbook with yellowed paper. “This thing is absolutely covered in dust!”

Torpor peered over at the book. “I wonder how long ago that was from.”

Sevim quietly curled up by Torpor’s wings as Charlie brought it over, Raer following shortly after. The old paper crinkled loudly as Torpor turned through the pages. He explained the stories and inspirations behind the sketches and drawings.

Then, as he flipped a page, two pieces of paper fell out.

“Huh? I don’t remember having any loose...” Torpor paused as he looked over the drawing. “Ahhh... I forgot all about that. Funny, considering how important she was to me back in the day.”

The first sheet had art of a graceful looking skydancer on it, colors and all. The second sheet had musical notes and lyrics written on it.

“This was a drawing I made for one of my friends, who I had a crush on at the time. She rejected me. I was devastated at the time, and it hurt a lot compared to some of my earlier crushes. I’m over her now, of course.”

“Was that for her too?” Charlie pointed at the second paper.

“Not necessarily. I wrote it afterwards when we stopped being friends for good. I can play it for you if you can find my ukulele.” Torpor suggested.

Raer pointed to a dark nook between the bookshelf and the wall. Charlie darted over and grabbed the hidden instrument, then handed it to Torpor.

The younger trio all sat in front of him as he tuned the ukulele.

“I named this song ‘Hidden in the Sand’..."

“We were playing in the sand,
And you found a little band,
You told me you fell in love with it
Hadn’t gone as I planned.

When you had to bid adieu,
Said you’d never love anew,
I wondered if I could hold it
And fall in love with it too,

You told me to buy a pony
But all I wanted was you.”
Sorry that it has been so long since I last wrote anything. I've been lacking motivation lately, but I'm starting to get some of it back.

Quote:
“What’re you drawing?”
Their sibling tucked their sketchpad close to their chest, scowling. “None of your business.”
~Many Greenskeepers Ago~

“Hey Torpor! What’re you drawing?” The annoying voice of Torpor’s little sister rang behind his ears.

He closed and tucked his sketchbook close to his chest, scowling. “None of your business.”

“Whaaaat?!” Curro whined, “Why can’t I seeee iiiiit? What could you possibly draw that you don’t want me to see?” A mischievous look crossed her face. “Perhaps... You are drawing your.. cruuuuuussssh?

Perhaps it’s none of your business!” Torpor snarled. His wings flared, causing his little sister to erupt into toridae tears.

He paused, confused, until he heard familiar footsteps approaching. One day he was going to feed his sister to the wolves.

“Torpor, care to tell me why Curro is crying..?” He didn’t need to turn around to know that his mom was looming behind him, disapproving.

“She-” “He triied to atteack meee!!!” Curro cried out, still sobbing. “I jus wanned to see whahe dwawwing.....” “I didn-”

“That’s enough Torpor.” His mom snapped, “You’re grounded. Go to your lair and don’t come out ‘till tomorrow.”

He grumbled, storming off with the sketchpad in his talons. At least he was almost finished with the drawing. He hoped Phai would like it.

~Current Day~

“Wait, you were an artist back then?” Charlie queried.

Torpor sighed fondly. “Yes, it was one of my favorite hobbies alongside flying and writing songs.”

Raer turned her head away from his bookshelf. “Then why not pick it up again? You won’t have to move all that much.”

“I just never thought of it. I’ve kept all my drawing utensils hidden away for so long that I forgot about them.”

“I can tell.” The coatl mused, wiping the grime off an old sketchbook with yellowed paper. “This thing is absolutely covered in dust!”

Torpor peered over at the book. “I wonder how long ago that was from.”

Sevim quietly curled up by Torpor’s wings as Charlie brought it over, Raer following shortly after. The old paper crinkled loudly as Torpor turned through the pages. He explained the stories and inspirations behind the sketches and drawings.

Then, as he flipped a page, two pieces of paper fell out.

“Huh? I don’t remember having any loose...” Torpor paused as he looked over the drawing. “Ahhh... I forgot all about that. Funny, considering how important she was to me back in the day.”

The first sheet had art of a graceful looking skydancer on it, colors and all. The second sheet had musical notes and lyrics written on it.

“This was a drawing I made for one of my friends, who I had a crush on at the time. She rejected me. I was devastated at the time, and it hurt a lot compared to some of my earlier crushes. I’m over her now, of course.”

“Was that for her too?” Charlie pointed at the second paper.

“Not necessarily. I wrote it afterwards when we stopped being friends for good. I can play it for you if you can find my ukulele.” Torpor suggested.

Raer pointed to a dark nook between the bookshelf and the wall. Charlie darted over and grabbed the hidden instrument, then handed it to Torpor.

The younger trio all sat in front of him as he tuned the ukulele.

“I named this song ‘Hidden in the Sand’..."

“We were playing in the sand,
And you found a little band,
You told me you fell in love with it
Hadn’t gone as I planned.

When you had to bid adieu,
Said you’d never love anew,
I wondered if I could hold it
And fall in love with it too,

You told me to buy a pony
But all I wanted was you.”
9CrKgSL.png Silt Wolf She/Her
Lore Clan
Wishlist
Toyhouse
Swamp Wolf 84WUQBr.png
Based on some characters who don't have FR dragons yet, but I'll get some soon hopefully. Kind of a depressing story since I've been studying emerging diseases a lot recently. Warnings: Death (animal death, character death), illness [center][quote=July 13 2021][font=century gothic][size=5]"What're you drawing?" Their sibling tucked their sketchpad close to their chest, scowling. "None of your business."[/size][/quote] [/center] Carys snuck up behind Beca, stepping carefully to avoid the small twigs and dried leaves littering the soft, spongy ground. "What're you drawing?" Carys asked. There seemed to be a brown oval on smears of green. Their twin sister tucked their papers close to their chest, scowling. "None of your business." "It's a log," guessed Carys. "The log you tried to eat." "Is not!" protested Beca. "Then tell me what it is," Carys asked. Beca sighed and put the book on the ground, drawing face down. "Promise you won't tell mom." Carys held up her claw. "Promise." Beca flipped the pad over. "It's one of the sleeping birds that keep appearing around our den," she whispered. Looking at it closer, Carys could make out the bird's feet and beak, thin black lines sticking out of the oval. "I got close to one to see if I could wake it, and it didn't move when I poked it." "Mom said to stay away!" exclaimed Carys. "She says they are bad for us!" "I know, I know," groaned Beca. "I won't do it again. It stunk, anyways." --- "Beca!" crowed Carys. "Wake up! We're going to the Gardens today!" Beca groaned. "I don't wanna." "Why not?" Carys asked quizzically. "Feel tired." "Aww," said Carys. Just then, their mother, Merea, entered their hollow. "Get up, kids! Big day today!" "Beca says she's tired," pouted Carys. "Can I still go?" "Carys?" asked Merea. "Are you sick?" --- Merea guided the healer, Tais, into her den, over to the gaunt hatchling sleeping on the mat of woven vines. "What ails your child?" asked the Tais, her voice deep and gruff. "She started to feel sick a few days ago, I thought it was just some mild seasonal cough, but she hasn't gotten better," Merea blurted out. "I'm sorry, I know I should have called you sooner, but..." "Calm, Merea," the healer instructed. "I will examine her." The healer placed a claw on Beca's forehead before lighting a small candle. Beca flinched away when the light shone in her eye. "Will she get better?" Carys asked timidly, stepping out from behind a pile of leaves. Merea was too exhausted to scold her for eavesdropping. Tais handed Carys a small carved statue of the Gladekeeper. "Child, will you leave us? I must speak with your mother alone." The hatchling nodded and scampered out of the den. "Well, can you heal her?" begged Merea. Tais inhaled. "I have only recently observed this illness in dragons. I do not yet know how it spreads or how to remedy it, only that it is almost always fatal. You should begin preparing funeral rites. I am sorry." --- As Robin entered their officer after break, they noticed a pale green envelope on her desk. They picked up the letter. [i]Greetings, I am a healer in the Viridian Labyrinth. While my brethren do not always approve of modern medicine, I am concerned about a novel illness spreading among the hatchlings of Nature. I have gathered as much knowledge as I am able about the presentation of the disease, it begins with fever and stiffness of the neck before progressing into fear of light, loss of consciousness, and death within days, if not hours. The dragons of Nature would be deeply grateful if you could find the time to assist us and uncover the origin of this mysterious illness. With gratitude, Tais [/I] Robin put the paper down after scanning the symptoms. It seemed to be meningitis, which meant bad news. "Hey, Alsek!" they called into the adjacent office. "What?" shouted Alsek. "Get packed. We have an outbreak to track."
Based on some characters who don't have FR dragons yet, but I'll get some soon hopefully.

Kind of a depressing story since I've been studying emerging diseases a lot recently.

Warnings: Death (animal death, character death), illness
July 13 2021 wrote:
"What're you drawing?"
Their sibling tucked their sketchpad close to their chest, scowling. "None of your business."

Carys snuck up behind Beca, stepping carefully to avoid the small twigs and dried leaves littering the soft, spongy ground.

"What're you drawing?" Carys asked. There seemed to be a brown oval on smears of green.

Their twin sister tucked their papers close to their chest, scowling. "None of your business."

"It's a log," guessed Carys. "The log you tried to eat."

"Is not!" protested Beca.

"Then tell me what it is," Carys asked.

Beca sighed and put the book on the ground, drawing face down. "Promise you won't tell mom."

Carys held up her claw. "Promise."

Beca flipped the pad over. "It's one of the sleeping birds that keep appearing around our den," she whispered. Looking at it closer, Carys could make out the bird's feet and beak, thin black lines sticking out of the oval. "I got close to one to see if I could wake it, and it didn't move when I poked it."

"Mom said to stay away!" exclaimed Carys. "She says they are bad for us!"

"I know, I know," groaned Beca. "I won't do it again. It stunk, anyways."
---
"Beca!" crowed Carys. "Wake up! We're going to the Gardens today!"

Beca groaned. "I don't wanna."

"Why not?" Carys asked quizzically.

"Feel tired."

"Aww," said Carys.

Just then, their mother, Merea, entered their hollow. "Get up, kids! Big day today!"

"Beca says she's tired," pouted Carys. "Can I still go?"

"Carys?" asked Merea. "Are you sick?"
---
Merea guided the healer, Tais, into her den, over to the gaunt hatchling sleeping on the mat of woven vines.

"What ails your child?" asked the Tais, her voice deep and gruff.

"She started to feel sick a few days ago, I thought it was just some mild seasonal cough, but she hasn't gotten better," Merea blurted out. "I'm sorry, I know I should have called you sooner, but..."

"Calm, Merea," the healer instructed. "I will examine her." The healer placed a claw on Beca's forehead before lighting a small candle. Beca flinched away when the light shone in her eye.

"Will she get better?" Carys asked timidly, stepping out from behind a pile of leaves. Merea was too exhausted to scold her for eavesdropping.

Tais handed Carys a small carved statue of the Gladekeeper. "Child, will you leave us? I must speak with your mother alone." The hatchling nodded and scampered out of the den.

"Well, can you heal her?" begged Merea.

Tais inhaled. "I have only recently observed this illness in dragons. I do not yet know how it spreads or how to remedy it, only that it is almost always fatal. You should begin preparing funeral rites. I am sorry."
---
As Robin entered their officer after break, they noticed a pale green envelope on her desk. They picked up the letter.

Greetings,

I am a healer in the Viridian Labyrinth. While my brethren do not always approve of modern medicine, I am concerned about a novel illness spreading among the hatchlings of Nature. I have gathered as much knowledge as I am able about the presentation of the disease, it begins with fever and stiffness of the neck before progressing into fear of light, loss of consciousness, and death within days, if not hours. The dragons of Nature would be deeply grateful if you could find the time to assist us and uncover the origin of this mysterious illness.

With gratitude,
Tais

Robin put the paper down after scanning the symptoms. It seemed to be meningitis, which meant bad news.

"Hey, Alsek!" they called into the adjacent office.

"What?" shouted Alsek.

"Get packed. We have an outbreak to track."
Hello! I love birds and music. And also science. zuKl4tj.png HQsa6bD.png
[center][quote=July 14 2021][font=century gothic][size=5]"...there's nothing here," they realized, in dawning horror.[/size][/quote] @Nightlilac @magiritsa @goldrush @naranciag @sunwolf @fennecfox21 @sanzang @Hemmalaya @stolen @MaybeHuman @simplyonewinged @kimnoodles @daffydil @finnamony @MittensTheKitten @kawiikatz @Peachycupcake525 @xSTORMDRAGONx @Inkwyrm @TheGrayGhost @moonstrucksmorns @CatInDisguise @DriftingDreams @Xuelian @Mercurythewolf @Pinkish13 @SkySerenade @pandakitty1 @PuppyLuvr06 @shr00mlightz @AllHailWebby @Hyzenthlaay @Illusia @AwkwardTrash @LavenderSelkie @wolfdragon3036 @StarryLune @ulvesang @styygian @Orodruin @Crizona @Lavend3rDragon @PeacefulPyro @PinkRose06 @SocklessWonder @Tumbleweeds @CookieTimes2000 @fuzzysherbet @Quilava2010 @AlterZero @DewFeather @LapisWings[/center]
poem shop
writing prompts
@PinkRose06
Ooh, is fire emblem a sort of choice-divergent game? (idk what the term is lol.) and i think i sort of get it, even if i do not really get it, like, at all XD
wow, what happened to matre? also the family dynamics seem interesting in this one, even if slightly formal+distant. but maybe that's just reflecting rayin's mood rn. it's interestng that he refers to his parents as 'Father' and 'Mother', is that a custom in this universe or hinting at something more?

@Crizona
i wish you and your motivation luck getting it back!
LMAO toridae tears,, that's basically crocidile tears right? although i'm surprised torpor's mom actually believed curro, knowing sibling antics and all that.
'you told me to buy a pony // but all i wanted was you'
while the line is slightly random(?) it's definitely characteristic of young rejected unrequited love. and i commend you for tugging heartstrings! waaaa
are they digging through childhood memories? i like how you touched on torpor's nostalgia as he rediscovers his childhood, it feels pretty realistic to what actually happens when you go through your old stuff.

@Birdmusic
'"It's a log," guessed Carys. "The log you tried to eat."'
...you can eat logs?!?! :0
OH SHOOT. that's a horrible omen isn't it. goddangit now the sister's gonna die!!
it's interesting to see a couple of different perspectives on the disease, with the kids who don't realize the implications, the doctor bluntly telling the parents they should begin preparing the funeral (harsh?? lol), and the last pov with Robin being all gung ho about going out and tracking the outbreak. really goes to show how education changes your perspective!
@PinkRose06
Ooh, is fire emblem a sort of choice-divergent game? (idk what the term is lol.) and i think i sort of get it, even if i do not really get it, like, at all XD
wow, what happened to matre? also the family dynamics seem interesting in this one, even if slightly formal+distant. but maybe that's just reflecting rayin's mood rn. it's interestng that he refers to his parents as 'Father' and 'Mother', is that a custom in this universe or hinting at something more?

@Crizona
i wish you and your motivation luck getting it back!
LMAO toridae tears,, that's basically crocidile tears right? although i'm surprised torpor's mom actually believed curro, knowing sibling antics and all that.
'you told me to buy a pony // but all i wanted was you'
while the line is slightly random(?) it's definitely characteristic of young rejected unrequited love. and i commend you for tugging heartstrings! waaaa
are they digging through childhood memories? i like how you touched on torpor's nostalgia as he rediscovers his childhood, it feels pretty realistic to what actually happens when you go through your old stuff.

@Birdmusic
'"It's a log," guessed Carys. "The log you tried to eat."'
...you can eat logs?!?! :0
OH SHOOT. that's a horrible omen isn't it. goddangit now the sister's gonna die!!
it's interesting to see a couple of different perspectives on the disease, with the kids who don't realize the implications, the doctor bluntly telling the parents they should begin preparing the funeral (harsh?? lol), and the last pov with Robin being all gung ho about going out and tracking the outbreak. really goes to show how education changes your perspective!
poem shop
writing prompts
@/fyi

In Three Houses, the newest game and the one I focused on with my two fanfiction story bits, you can chose four different routes—it’s predecessor Fates has three routes, but not quite to the same extent. It’s hard to explain little tidbits of information without laying out the whole game in front of you XP Especially in Three Houses’ case because previous Fire Emblem story knowledge won’t help you. (That and I’m already bad at explaining things.)
Matre died when he and Rayin were still young. This was my first time actually writing Rayin and Mythili together, if that means anything about how they interacted. As for Rayin referring to his parents as ‘Mother’ and ‘Father,’ there’s two reasons: (1) I’m still not entirely who I want his parents to be or what to name them, and (2) the text changes slightly from person to person in my writing. (For example, for younger characters I would simpler words, while older characters might add a few flourishes.) In Rayin’s case, as I said in the first point I don’t have exact names for them; as said in the second point, they would be known as ‘Mother’ and ‘Father’ according to the focus of the story bit. If I were to write something about Mythili it would be ‘Mom’ and ‘Dad.’ And then this way I don’t have to say “his mother, (name).” Makes writing it a little easier.
@/fyi

In Three Houses, the newest game and the one I focused on with my two fanfiction story bits, you can chose four different routes—it’s predecessor Fates has three routes, but not quite to the same extent. It’s hard to explain little tidbits of information without laying out the whole game in front of you XP Especially in Three Houses’ case because previous Fire Emblem story knowledge won’t help you. (That and I’m already bad at explaining things.)
Matre died when he and Rayin were still young. This was my first time actually writing Rayin and Mythili together, if that means anything about how they interacted. As for Rayin referring to his parents as ‘Mother’ and ‘Father,’ there’s two reasons: (1) I’m still not entirely who I want his parents to be or what to name them, and (2) the text changes slightly from person to person in my writing. (For example, for younger characters I would simpler words, while older characters might add a few flourishes.) In Rayin’s case, as I said in the first point I don’t have exact names for them; as said in the second point, they would be known as ‘Mother’ and ‘Father’ according to the focus of the story bit. If I were to write something about Mythili it would be ‘Mom’ and ‘Dad.’ And then this way I don’t have to say “his mother, (name).” Makes writing it a little easier.
[center][quote=July 15 2021][font=century gothic][size=5]Blue flowers are frozen beneath brittle frost. There is something comforting in the fact that they'll be back in summer.[/size][/quote] @Nightlilac @magiritsa @goldrush @naranciag @sunwolf @fennecfox21 @sanzang @Hemmalaya @stolen @MaybeHuman @simplyonewinged @kimnoodles @daffydil @finnamony @MittensTheKitten @kawiikatz @Peachycupcake525 @xSTORMDRAGONx @Inkwyrm @TheGrayGhost @moonstrucksmorns @CatInDisguise @DriftingDreams @Xuelian @Mercurythewolf @Pinkish13 @SkySerenade @pandakitty1 @PuppyLuvr06 @shr00mlightz @AllHailWebby @Hyzenthlaay @Illusia @AwkwardTrash @LavenderSelkie @wolfdragon3036 @StarryLune @ulvesang @styygian @Orodruin @Crizona @Lavend3rDragon @PeacefulPyro @PinkRose06 @SocklessWonder @Tumbleweeds @CookieTimes2000 @fuzzysherbet @Quilava2010 @AlterZero @DewFeather @LapisWings[/center]
poem shop
writing prompts
@PinkRose06
i'm kind of fond of choice-divergent games/interactive storylines/wHATEVER YOU CALl those things, so you're really tempting me to look deeper into the fandom! at this rate you're going to drag me into it oh no
that actually... makes a lot of sense. XD when you say you aren't sure of their names do you mean you're not sure which characters would fit the role or, like, you actually don't now their names? or they're ocs?
and Mother and Father simply being referred to that way because of rayin's perspective/character nature is an interesting thought, actually.
@PinkRose06
i'm kind of fond of choice-divergent games/interactive storylines/wHATEVER YOU CALl those things, so you're really tempting me to look deeper into the fandom! at this rate you're going to drag me into it oh no
that actually... makes a lot of sense. XD when you say you aren't sure of their names do you mean you're not sure which characters would fit the role or, like, you actually don't now their names? or they're ocs?
and Mother and Father simply being referred to that way because of rayin's perspective/character nature is an interesting thought, actually.
poem shop
writing prompts
1 2 ... 59 60 61 62 63 ... 165 166