Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [MistJam] 2019 Poetry Contest WINNERS!
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22 23
Follow the Wind and listen well
We're eager to learn what you will tell
in words and rhyme, lines and meter
We're open for poems, step up first speaker...

WE ARE OPEN!

Judges Ping List:
@s0leil
@Paintminion
@Milohilay
@BrookInTheMeadow

Audience and Contestants Ping List
(Contestants will be automatically added.)
@MarinaQuakenbush
@Stanzascale
@starsX
@sylveondreams
@BraveEguana
@Juri01
@Beezarre
@MysticalScribe
@Cherise
@zedetta @YanderePower
@eerilyabsent
@WindKisses
@MythicalViper

Follow the Wind and listen well
We're eager to learn what you will tell
in words and rhyme, lines and meter
We're open for poems, step up first speaker...

WE ARE OPEN!

Judges Ping List:
@s0leil
@Paintminion
@Milohilay
@BrookInTheMeadow

@MarinaQuakenbush
@Stanzascale
@starsX
@sylveondreams
@BraveEguana
@Juri01
@Beezarre
@MysticalScribe
@Cherise
@zedetta @YanderePower
@eerilyabsent
@WindKisses
@MythicalViper

An open book that reads Stories & Poetry MJ 24uZeuhOu.pngBk78Myp.pngLaSYQ19.gif8d7o509.png
[center][size=5][b]“Spring and fall are one, Poet's Contest has begun, Come and have some fun!”[/b][/size] [img]https://i.imgur.com/7UfZjvE.jpg[/img] [/center]
“Spring and fall are one,
Poet's Contest has begun,
Come and have some fun!”

7UfZjvE.jpg

An open book that reads Stories & Poetry MJ 24uZeuhOu.pngBk78Myp.pngLaSYQ19.gif8d7o509.png
@paintminion Can you add me to the pinglist, please? :) Thank you!
@paintminion Can you add me to the pinglist, please? :) Thank you!
A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
@Lundlaeva

Added!
@Lundlaeva

Added!
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/lmhpc2S.gif[/img][/center]
lmhpc2S.gif
[font=candara]please add me to the pinglist! & here's my haiku entry... [emoji=rainbow star 1] [i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] Sylphiette [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 4275 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Selena [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 12377080 [b]Dragon Poet Image: [/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12377080] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/123771/12377080_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Friendship Haiku [b]Entry Title:[/b] Confidante [b]Entry: [/b] shiver, trembling hands clasped and warm, whispered comfort there when i struggle
please add me to the pinglist! & here's my haiku entry...

Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow
FR Player Name: Sylphiette
FR Player ID#: 4275

Dragon Poet's Name: Selena
Dragon Poet's ID#: 12377080
Dragon Poet Image:
12377080_350.png

Entry Category: Friendship Haiku
Entry Title: Confidante
Entry:

shiver, trembling hands
clasped and warm, whispered comfort
there when i struggle
84d669668790b279a1734f4a81a8e75e9ae50900.png fLdYOuE.png
Gj9DhHn.png
bYt72YT.png
fdUVIfW.png
FObX7rS.png
UIuKM01.pngzwkSD6b.png
Some current special interests: Dokibird, Fuwamoco, magical girls, Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation.. more here!
Previous usernames: MystaRias, dokidokibunni, Sylphiette, Toothless
z3FSuck.pngK9W8Tym.png
TBVYKs7.jpeg
@Sylphiette Haiku has a required structure: [quote]Required Structure: three lines - syllable count 5/7/5.[/quote] You will need to revise your first line, which is only 3 syllables at this time.
@Sylphiette

Haiku has a required structure:
Quote:
Required Structure: three lines - syllable count 5/7/5.

You will need to revise your first line, which is only 3 syllables at this time.
@paintminion
woops! looks like i deleted the first bit of the haiku while formatting the post ^^; my apologies! it should be good to go now.
@paintminion
woops! looks like i deleted the first bit of the haiku while formatting the post ^^; my apologies! it should be good to go now.
84d669668790b279a1734f4a81a8e75e9ae50900.png fLdYOuE.png
Gj9DhHn.png
bYt72YT.png
fdUVIfW.png
FObX7rS.png
UIuKM01.pngzwkSD6b.png
Some current special interests: Dokibird, Fuwamoco, magical girls, Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation.. more here!
Previous usernames: MystaRias, dokidokibunni, Sylphiette, Toothless
z3FSuck.pngK9W8Tym.png
TBVYKs7.jpeg
[center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/b0e6ed0e2439958c88a22cfdb9d779c4/tumblr_inline_o3nizfHReO1ts73zp_540.png[/img][/center] [center][size=6][b]A Special Surprise!!!![/b][/size][/center] [center][size=6][b]SUPER SECRET FIRST ENTRY PRIZE![/b][/size] [size=2](seriously, is it super secret anymore if we just do this every year?)[/size] [size=4][i]To the brave soul who decided to be the first one to present their work to the judges, we would like to present a special prize package and once again encourage folks to share and enter![/i][/size][/center] [center][size=5]Congratulations to [b]@Sylphiette[/b][/size][/center] [center][item=Brown Plaid Cabbie] [item=Pink Daisy Cabbie] [item=iron treasure chest] X 5[/center] [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/b0e6ed0e2439958c88a22cfdb9d779c4/tumblr_inline_o3nizfHReO1ts73zp_540.png[/img][/center] Judges Ping List: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow Audience and Contestants Ping List (Contestants will be automatically added.) @MarinaQuakenbush @Stanzascale @starsX @sylveondreams @BraveEguana @Juri01 @Beezarre @MysticalScribe @Cherise @zedetta @YanderePower @eerilyabsent @WindKisses @MythicalViper @Lundlaeva @Sylphiette
tumblr_inline_o3nizfHReO1ts73zp_540.png
A Special Surprise!!!!
SUPER SECRET FIRST ENTRY PRIZE!
(seriously, is it super secret anymore if we just do this every year?)

To the brave soul who decided to be the first one to present their work to the judges, we would like to present a special prize package and once again encourage folks to share and enter!

Congratulations to @Sylphiette

Brown Plaid Cabbie
Pink Daisy Cabbie
Iron Treasure Chest X 5

tumblr_inline_o3nizfHReO1ts73zp_540.png

Judges Ping List:
@s0leil
@Paintminion
@Milohilay
@BrookInTheMeadow

@MarinaQuakenbush
@Stanzascale
@starsX
@sylveondreams
@BraveEguana
@Juri01
@Beezarre
@MysticalScribe
@Cherise
@zedetta
@YanderePower
@eerilyabsent
@WindKisses
@MythicalViper
@Lundlaeva
@Sylphiette

"Guys, I don't think this is a good idea. The LAST time we did this, Vespera set ME ON FIRE." The small diatribe did nothing to stop the two dragons in front of him from stopping. Mythic resisted the urge to throw his hat on the ground. Then he resisted the urge to throw his hat at his clanmates. That one was a lot harder to suppress. "GUYS!" "You weren't even here last time," the Pearlcatcher pointed out, bouncing on the heels of her feet. "Were you?" "That didn't stop you from setting me on fire, did it?!" "Come on, calm down," the Spiral to his left soothed. "It can't be that bad this time! Second time's the charm, right?" "Third," Mythic said. "Second time usually means you find new and creative ways to screw up, ways that should not be possible." "Ah, it's fine. We're Arcane. We can make things work." the Spiral reached for the bell. "I'll go first! Nothing bad will happen if I go first, right?" Mythic stared morosely at the bell. "This is going to end up with me on fire again, isn't it?" "Don't worry. If you're lucky this time, it'll be ice." ----- [i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] MythicalViper [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 167480 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Kavleyn [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] Dragon ID #44854473 [b]Dragon Poet Image: [/b] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=44854473] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/448545/44854473_350.png[/img] [/url] [/center] [b]Entry Category:[/b] The Season's POV [b]Entry Title:[/b] Game of Spring and Autumn [b]Entry: [/b] [br] [columns] Everything that has an ending Must first find a way to begin And I bring life to the wild With just a touch of eastern wind The frozen grounds stir at my touch The sleepy birds awaken from roost As the heavens open with rain and sun And the first violet flowers bloom And how lovely are the golden rays As they cast sunbeams across the land Bringing life here to the barren world Dyeing every leaf, every strand And how gorgeous is this world of ours When it’s shaded in vibrant green When the land is flush with color And butterflies dance on vivid wings Yet you dare disturb this beauty You dare exist to scorn my work You come to tear down all I’ve woven And send all life back to the earth Your heavy footsteps trample The delicate petals of the rose Your scarlet gales shed the trees Of their lovely gold-green cloaks And in destruction you’re unrepentant And you don’t seem to understand That the world must thrive in colours To show the true beauty of the land Well, it matters not your foolishness I’ll see you suffer for your crimes This battle is only beginning Just wait till your smug antics decline For I am the emperor of all that grows I can restore all that you destroy I’ll regrow every flower you consume [i]I won’t let you have your way[/i] So don’t you think you’ve won this battle Don’t you dare look away from my eyes Just wait until you see how I plan [b]To bring you down to your demise.[/b] [nextcol][color=transparent]~~~~[/color][nextcol] Everything with a beginning Must one day find itself with an end And I bring the world that finale With my gentle southern wind The lovely grounds droop at my touch The chattering birds flee from my sight As the air chills with coming crystal frost And the graying of the light And there’s something peaceful about the cold As it bites crisply into sullen air Bringing a sense of solitude A melody misty, cool, and clear And how wonderful is this world of ours When it’s wrapped in scarlet gold When the silence is a warm blanket Over forests bare and cold Yet you seem to think it’s a battle To see whose colours better grace the world You fight back against my tapestry Of fallen leaves and crimson folds Your light footsteps touch upon The soft newborn strands of grass And you paint the world with colours That simply are not meant to last And darling you’re so childish In your attempts to claim the land Well, that matters not so much For I’ll make you understand Your plots and plans are amusing But nothing compared to what I've in mind If you think this is only the beginning I can’t wait to see what else you’ll find For I am the empress of all that falls All you restore, I can destroy This little game of yours is pointless But for now I’ll let you have your way I’ll play with you in your mock battle But my dear, I’ll give you some advice Who are you to think you can bring doom [b]To one who, in herself, [i]is[/i] demise.[/b] [/columns]
"Guys, I don't think this is a good idea. The LAST time we did this, Vespera set ME ON FIRE."

The small diatribe did nothing to stop the two dragons in front of him from stopping. Mythic resisted the urge to throw his hat on the ground. Then he resisted the urge to throw his hat at his clanmates. That one was a lot harder to suppress. "GUYS!"

"You weren't even here last time," the Pearlcatcher pointed out, bouncing on the heels of her feet. "Were you?"

"That didn't stop you from setting me on fire, did it?!"

"Come on, calm down," the Spiral to his left soothed. "It can't be that bad this time! Second time's the charm, right?"

"Third," Mythic said. "Second time usually means you find new and creative ways to screw up, ways that should not be possible."

"Ah, it's fine. We're Arcane. We can make things work." the Spiral reached for the bell. "I'll go first! Nothing bad will happen if I go first, right?"

Mythic stared morosely at the bell. "This is going to end up with me on fire again, isn't it?"

"Don't worry. If you're lucky this time, it'll be ice."

Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer.
Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow

FR Player Name: MythicalViper
FR Player ID#: 167480
Dragon Poet's Name: Kavleyn
Dragon Poet's ID#: Dragon ID #44854473

Dragon Poet Image:

Entry Category: The Season's POV
Entry Title: Game of Spring and Autumn

Entry:

Everything that has an ending
Must first find a way to begin
And I bring life to the wild