Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Want some art critique?
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 14
@Smikkles

I understand what you mean! normally i just ignore that part of their neck and just make it smooth and then draw the rest of the spikes XD but that being said: I think you did a great job! esp. because i can see that one of them lay horizontally where they would fold naturally, so that's very good! :D I would also just say in general that this is a very good piece c:

As for improvements: I think the head is a little too big, and maybe the neck is a bit too thick. I would also recommend making it more clear where the neck ends and where the chest starts ^^ because right now it kinda looks like it's neck all the way down. I also think it would look good if you made the robe (is that what it's called? the coat-thingy) fall just a bit more forward so it obscures the other leg a bit more :). You could also try yo make the "wing-arms" a bit more 3-dimensional because they look a bit flat at the moment c:

but yeah great work in general! :3
@Smikkles

I understand what you mean! normally i just ignore that part of their neck and just make it smooth and then draw the rest of the spikes XD but that being said: I think you did a great job! esp. because i can see that one of them lay horizontally where they would fold naturally, so that's very good! :D I would also just say in general that this is a very good piece c:

As for improvements: I think the head is a little too big, and maybe the neck is a bit too thick. I would also recommend making it more clear where the neck ends and where the chest starts ^^ because right now it kinda looks like it's neck all the way down. I also think it would look good if you made the robe (is that what it's called? the coat-thingy) fall just a bit more forward so it obscures the other leg a bit more :). You could also try yo make the "wing-arms" a bit more 3-dimensional because they look a bit flat at the moment c:

but yeah great work in general! :3
underskrift-geo.png
@cordifolium

Thank you! C:
@cordifolium

Thank you! C:
Um id like some critique on a few things! A variety of art to show my random skills i guess? I dont know how to format stuff im so sorry lmao First- my first try painting on a new program [img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DtJYsY0V4AUCPDU.jpg[/img] next a lil character design exercise i tried! I know the anatomy is wack [img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DpucJurUYAADYAC.jpg[/img] and finally a random traditional art i did for my MOTW group,,,, a creepy good boi Tm [img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DvI2XWMXQAIis4j.jpg[/img]
Um id like some critique on a few things! A variety of art to show my random skills i guess? I dont know how to format stuff im so sorry lmao
First- my first try painting on a new program

DtJYsY0V4AUCPDU.jpg

next a lil character design exercise i tried! I know the anatomy is wack
DpucJurUYAADYAC.jpg
and finally a random traditional art i did for my MOTW group,,,, a creepy good boi Tm
DvI2XWMXQAIis4j.jpg
Bueno, me siento un idiota.
@skylertay10

Very cute drawing that first one! c: It's great to experiment with new art programs to see what matches your needs best :3 A few things I notice is that the eyes appear to have different shapes. While it is true that they change a little in different perspectives, they should still hold something close to their original form. I would also recommend using more time on rendering the hair, because it looks a bit flat compared to the rest of the painting :)

Hmm... I don't really know what you want me to comment on if i can't comment on the anatomy? do you want me to look at what could make the character more appealing? c:

And I'm sorry but i only comment on up to 2 pictures ^^'
@skylertay10

Very cute drawing that first one! c: It's great to experiment with new art programs to see what matches your needs best :3 A few things I notice is that the eyes appear to have different shapes. While it is true that they change a little in different perspectives, they should still hold something close to their original form. I would also recommend using more time on rendering the hair, because it looks a bit flat compared to the rest of the painting :)

Hmm... I don't really know what you want me to comment on if i can't comment on the anatomy? do you want me to look at what could make the character more appealing? c:

And I'm sorry but i only comment on up to 2 pictures ^^'
underskrift-geo.png
Sorry i must have not seen that rule! And sure, id love to make her a better chara! <3 But you dont have to!
Sorry i must have not seen that rule! And sure, id love to make her a better chara! <3 But you dont have to!
Bueno, me siento un idiota.
Alrighty! This is my very first accent (I hope it it one...), could you critique it? I’m still relatively new to digital art... The accent is based off of the Christmas cactus, which is fitting as tonight is Christmas Eve! [img]https://i.ibb.co/LvF4mm2/Good-Skin-Cacti-1.png[/img][img]https://i.ibb.co/NrcfznN/EXcristmasactiii.png[/img]
Alrighty! This is my very first accent (I hope it it one...), could you critique it? I’m still relatively new to digital art...

The accent is based off of the Christmas cactus, which is fitting as tonight is Christmas Eve!

Good-Skin-Cacti-1.pngEXcristmasactiii.png
@MoonlitCacti

Also very fitting because of your name :p

Hmm, I think the accent could use some work on the clarity. It's hard to tell what it's supposed to be without the context. I would reduce the amount of "leaves" falling down, and make them match kinda where the tufts of hair are. I also think you could cut back on the amount of texturing as it makes the whole thing more "confusing" ^^

but i see a great potential in this accent, it's a very cute idea c:
@MoonlitCacti

Also very fitting because of your name :p

Hmm, I think the accent could use some work on the clarity. It's hard to tell what it's supposed to be without the context. I would reduce the amount of "leaves" falling down, and make them match kinda where the tufts of hair are. I also think you could cut back on the amount of texturing as it makes the whole thing more "confusing" ^^

but i see a great potential in this accent, it's a very cute idea c:
underskrift-geo.png
@cordifolium Hello again, i am back for more(sorry) I started this sketch but I abandoned it because i just could not get the face and hair right, thankyou:) [img]https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/intermediary/f/f2942e91-b89a-4d3f-88d2-f2f71f7fb070/dcvet2z-a6168124-b356-4e9b-9ebd-ba9640251854.jpg/v1/fill/w_1000,h_799,q_70,strp/07e815f2_da06_43b5_b596_7355b39c2466_by_screemnigcheesepuff_dcvet2z-pre.jpg[/img]
@cordifolium
Hello again, i am back for more(sorry)
I started this sketch but I abandoned it because i just could not get the face and hair right, thankyou:)
07e815f2_da06_43b5_b596_7355b39c2466_by_screemnigcheesepuff_dcvet2z-pre.jpg
@Screemnigcheese
You can come again as many times as you'd like :D you are always welcome :3

Faces from a sideview is also something i've really struggled with. It's only very recently that i have learned how to do them. What I've found is that the nose is always the thing that sticks out the most and then both the mouth/chin area and the forhead kinda...tapers? Like the shape of a C but the other way if you get what i mean ^^? It also helped me to google faces from a side view then trace a couple of times, and when i felt comfrotable i tried to replicate what i learned but make it a bit different.

I think the hair looks fine to begin with. I would erase the small lines inside the hair unless you're gonna color the whole thing black. you could also work a bit on the hairline, not make it a solid line that goed horisontally but break it up into smaller pieces and make them go vertically instead :D
@Screemnigcheese
You can come again as many times as you'd like :D you are always welcome :3

Faces from a sideview is also something i've really struggled with. It's only very recently that i have learned how to do them. What I've found is that the nose is always the thing that sticks out the most and then both the mouth/chin area and the forhead kinda...tapers? Like the shape of a C but the other way if you get what i mean ^^? It also helped me to google faces from a side view then trace a couple of times, and when i felt comfrotable i tried to replicate what i learned but make it a bit different.

I think the hair looks fine to begin with. I would erase the small lines inside the hair unless you're gonna color the whole thing black. you could also work a bit on the hairline, not make it a solid line that goed horisontally but break it up into smaller pieces and make them go vertically instead :D
underskrift-geo.png
Hello~ I'm back This is a piece I'm working on right now <3 I tried to keep your advice in mind >> [img]https://i.imgur.com/QhxXiKy.jpg[/img]
Hello~ I'm back

This is a piece I'm working on right now <3 I tried to keep your advice in mind >>

QhxXiKy.jpg
OLB16Oa.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 14