Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Want some art critique?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14
@AngelFire335

Heck yeah! be proud! :D I really like their natural pose, it doesn't look like someone posing for a camera, rather just someone chilling at a tree! :D

My advice here would be to focus on your line-quality first of all ^^ It looks a bit "choppy" on the person, it is far less noticeable on the tree c:. And speaking of comparing the tree and the person: the outline is colored to match the colors with the tree, not the person - that might be what is feeling "off"? :) I recommend also coloring the outline with the person to match what you've got going c:. I would also recommend either waiting to add textures to stuff until you're more sure of where they should be applied, and how it should look ^^. The tree kinda jumps out of the picture, because it has an unnatural texture to it. (you could also just find another texture to lay ontop, if you really feel like it. just search "tree bark texture" on google, and some images should show up c: )
I also think it would be a good idea to add shadows to the hair, since you've also done that to the clothes and face and such :3

Hope that helps c:
@AngelFire335

Heck yeah! be proud! :D I really like their natural pose, it doesn't look like someone posing for a camera, rather just someone chilling at a tree! :D

My advice here would be to focus on your line-quality first of all ^^ It looks a bit "choppy" on the person, it is far less noticeable on the tree c:. And speaking of comparing the tree and the person: the outline is colored to match the colors with the tree, not the person - that might be what is feeling "off"? :) I recommend also coloring the outline with the person to match what you've got going c:. I would also recommend either waiting to add textures to stuff until you're more sure of where they should be applied, and how it should look ^^. The tree kinda jumps out of the picture, because it has an unnatural texture to it. (you could also just find another texture to lay ontop, if you really feel like it. just search "tree bark texture" on google, and some images should show up c: )
I also think it would be a good idea to add shadows to the hair, since you've also done that to the clothes and face and such :3

Hope that helps c:
underskrift-geo.png
@cordifolium Hello! I'm still pretty new to drawing, especially digitally, so any advice is welcome! ^.^ [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/465274241189806100/524033975090413582/Enaytee.png[/img]
@cordifolium Hello! I'm still pretty new to drawing, especially digitally, so any advice is welcome! ^.^

Enaytee.png
fLdYOuE.pngNl7xQPH.png
kCHWEjf.png
QUIpVFE.png
Jd88XNq.png
J7D1quC.png
xYQkuHQ.png
@cordifolium I'm working on my clans emblem, any advice would be nice. My clan is called ouroboros and is heavily influenced by Egyptian mythology and aesthetic and just those kind of vibes in general. Advice on the structure of the emblem, if I should simplify it or emphasize certain parts over others, as well as possible colors I should use would be greatly appreciated! Thank you! [img]https://i.imgur.com/nYUt2pN.png[/img]
@cordifolium

I'm working on my clans emblem, any advice would be nice. My clan is called ouroboros and is heavily influenced by Egyptian mythology and aesthetic and just those kind of vibes in general. Advice on the structure of the emblem, if I should simplify it or emphasize certain parts over others, as well as possible colors I should use would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

nYUt2pN.png

*constant obnoxious screaming*
LORE
ART SHOP
@NovaBlu

She's very cute! :D And I'm very impressed if you're new at drawing - It's a great drawing you've got there! :D

My first advice would be to draw the whole face before adding the hair (or perhaps just to move the hair over her face a little if you have already done so) because right now it looks like her face is cut off where the hair flows over it c: my visual eye (lol) tells me that we would be able to see the other side of the face behind where the hair is c:. I also think you should keep the lines where her neck is, even if she has cloth draped over it - because right now it kinda looks like she is decapitated ^^'

You could also work on the shading, but that is a thing that comes naturally as you get more used to draw digitally c: / as you get better at drawing
@NovaBlu

She's very cute! :D And I'm very impressed if you're new at drawing - It's a great drawing you've got there! :D

My first advice would be to draw the whole face before adding the hair (or perhaps just to move the hair over her face a little if you have already done so) because right now it looks like her face is cut off where the hair flows over it c: my visual eye (lol) tells me that we would be able to see the other side of the face behind where the hair is c:. I also think you should keep the lines where her neck is, even if she has cloth draped over it - because right now it kinda looks like she is decapitated ^^'

You could also work on the shading, but that is a thing that comes naturally as you get more used to draw digitally c: / as you get better at drawing
underskrift-geo.png
@Ipepi woah what a cool emblem! :D Hmm, i think the emblem is pretty great as is - so these are more suggestions on what you could do differently instead of actual advice ^^' I think it would still read as a snake if you pulled the head down of the snake, so it would fit within the ring without breaking the round silhouette? you could also reduce the amount of lines going down from the eye from 11 to 9 if you want that area to be less bussy, but i can also see why you've done so, so the lines match with how many feathers there are on each wing. ^^' you could also remove the little (legs?) from the beetle that goes upwards, it would still read as a beetle without it c: As for colors: i associate egypt with blue and gold so maybe something like this? (a very quick and bad mockup) [img]https://i.imgur.com/Tf5chnI.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/ETXQEy9.png[/img] i would suggest playing around with the color placement a bit, and the colors themselves c: (the blue could definitely be darker!) edit: like this maybe? [img]https://i.imgur.com/psvl7yi.png[/img]
@Ipepi

woah what a cool emblem! :D Hmm, i think the emblem is pretty great as is - so these are more suggestions on what you could do differently instead of actual advice ^^'
I think it would still read as a snake if you pulled the head down of the snake, so it would fit within the ring without breaking the round silhouette? you could also reduce the amount of lines going down from the eye from 11 to 9 if you want that area to be less bussy, but i can also see why you've done so, so the lines match with how many feathers there are on each wing. ^^'
you could also remove the little (legs?) from the beetle that goes upwards, it would still read as a beetle without it c:

As for colors: i associate egypt with blue and gold so maybe something like this? (a very quick and bad mockup)
Tf5chnI.png
ETXQEy9.png

i would suggest playing around with the color placement a bit, and the colors themselves c: (the blue could definitely be darker!)

edit: like this maybe?
psvl7yi.png
underskrift-geo.png
@Cordifolium Ah thank you so much <3
@Cordifolium Ah thank you so much <3
fLdYOuE.pngNl7xQPH.png
kCHWEjf.png
QUIpVFE.png
Jd88XNq.png
J7D1quC.png
xYQkuHQ.png
@Cordifolium Hello! You seem really nice so I think I could handle some critique and while I'm practicing and looking at references to try and improve I would always love some pointers. Right now I only know how to flat color as I'm learning how to layer with my new program... Here are my most recent pieces. I hope you like them! [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/7b966137a8a6c98c5325e88f35c77942/tumblr_pj0y1884Sy1uyn897_540.jpg[/img] [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/79fca657447d89edd69c21e179aff254/tumblr_pjw0g8lIUO1uyn897_540.jpg[/img] [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/dfdd8208d26b0b16936749bd8abdd520/tumblr_pjv5kf8W5q1uyn897_540.jpg[/img] Sorry, I know you said two, but these three are literally all I have and I thought it might help with a general overview of my style/ability to tack on the third one.
@Cordifolium

Hello! You seem really nice so I think I could handle some critique and while I'm practicing and looking at references to try and improve I would always love some pointers. Right now I only know how to flat color as I'm learning how to layer with my new program... Here are my most recent pieces. I hope you like them!

tumblr_pj0y1884Sy1uyn897_540.jpg

tumblr_pjw0g8lIUO1uyn897_540.jpg

tumblr_pjv5kf8W5q1uyn897_540.jpg

Sorry, I know you said two, but these three are literally all I have and I thought it might help with a general overview of my style/ability to tack on the third one.
OABZqDF.png D1ao30e.png MoL: Hatchery
Wishlist by Dragon
Wishlist by Items
Wishlist by Familiar
[Helpful Guides]
Visual Brewing
Train Your Dragon
Bio Resources
@Wystaria

hey these are all very cute! c: i really like the pose on the first one :D i also really like how you did capsule! :D It's also great that you're using references :3 I think your first drawing could be improved by reworking the two wings on their back. Right now it looks like they have 4 arms instead of 2 arms and 2 wings. I would make the "hand" area on the wings less detailed/prominent to help make it look more like a wing c: (i can also see you have only extended the "fingers" on one of the wings instead of both)

On the second one, the eyes look a bit scewed (...english...i mean: not-symmetrical) it's a good idea to flip the canvas so you can notice mistakes like that c: - i would also recommend copying the lineart from when you're finished with one eye and flip it - that way they become symmetrical c:

@Wystaria

hey these are all very cute! c: i really like the pose on the first one :D i also really like how you did capsule! :D It's also great that you're using references :3 I think your first drawing could be improved by reworking the two wings on their back. Right now it looks like they have 4 arms instead of 2 arms and 2 wings. I would make the "hand" area on the wings less detailed/prominent to help make it look more like a wing c: (i can also see you have only extended the "fingers" on one of the wings instead of both)

On the second one, the eyes look a bit scewed (...english...i mean: not-symmetrical) it's a good idea to flip the canvas so you can notice mistakes like that c: - i would also recommend copying the lineart from when you're finished with one eye and flip it - that way they become symmetrical c:

underskrift-geo.png
@cordifolium

Ahh, those are all great ideas/pointers. I'll have to see if I can figure out how to copy with my current program because that would save me so much trouble. Thank you a ton!
@cordifolium

Ahh, those are all great ideas/pointers. I'll have to see if I can figure out how to copy with my current program because that would save me so much trouble. Thank you a ton!
OABZqDF.png D1ao30e.png MoL: Hatchery
Wishlist by Dragon
Wishlist by Items
Wishlist by Familiar
[Helpful Guides]
Visual Brewing
Train Your Dragon
Bio Resources
lFgNxW9.jpg
This is my sorta doodly art style that I use when I'm bored, or when I don't have much space to work with. It's not THAT good, but I still like this lil style of mine. I know some of the colors are outside of the lineart but I colored it both in the dark and with my weird markers that are like bootleg alcoholic markers, an off brand called Touch 5 (knock off TouchNew). I still think they work well.
The lineart is supposed to not connect on some parts, I like that style when I know I'm going to color it later. I find it stylistic, and it makes me feel calmer when actually drawing the stuff (I don't use a pencil beforehand, this is all freehand pen art)
I'm just telling you this stuff so that you don't point out what I already know~ I really would like a genuine critic. Everyone I ask is like "The legs are too thin!" Or "what's wrong with the arms" and stuff like that, and I'm just like "it's called an art style-"
So yeah-
Please give me an honest opinion
lFgNxW9.jpg
This is my sorta doodly art style that I use when I'm bored, or when I don't have much space to work with. It's not THAT good, but I still like this lil style of mine. I know some of the colors are outside of the lineart but I colored it both in the dark and with my weird markers that are like bootleg alcoholic markers, an off brand called Touch 5 (knock off TouchNew). I still think they work well.
The lineart is supposed to not connect on some parts, I like that style when I know I'm going to color it later. I find it stylistic, and it makes me feel calmer when actually drawing the stuff (I don't use a pencil beforehand, this is all freehand pen art)
I'm just telling you this stuff so that you don't point out what I already know~ I really would like a genuine critic. Everyone I ask is like "The legs are too thin!" Or "what's wrong with the arms" and stuff like that, and I'm just like "it's called an art style-"
So yeah-
Please give me an honest opinion
I am but a garbage can filled with Undertale, Stardew Valley, and various Nintendo games. Enter my world at risk.
tumblr_pf2iowWKcV1x6z57mo1_100.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14