Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Want some art critique?
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
@cordifolium I’ve been tossing around the idea of opening an art or adopt shop here! Some critique on how to get my art towards that goal would be great! [img]https://i.imgur.com/j3Q7HCy.jpg[/img] This is a piece I’ve just recently completed for my final art prac, and my biggest foray into digital art. While I’m quite proud of this piece, it took me forever to complete, so I’m looking at how to maybe simplify the style. Any critique on the figures is welcome, but you can gloss over the background at the top and panel composition etc, because I’m not planning to do landscapes or comics on here. [img]https://i.imgur.com/TZtU3i1.jpg[/img] This is just a quick mock-up of a tattoo for a friend, but I’ve been thinking about how I could maybe do dragon adopts in this sorta style! The flowers are just photos that I edited into place, I wouldn’t use photos for adopts. But yeah, kind of a minimal black and white stippled look contrasting with very bright vibey details! Thanks for offering your critique to the community! I can already see you’ve helped tons of people ^^ really appreciate it, thank you!
@cordifolium
I’ve been tossing around the idea of opening an art or adopt shop here!
Some critique on how to get my art towards that goal would be great!
j3Q7HCy.jpg
This is a piece I’ve just recently completed for my final art prac, and my biggest foray into digital art. While I’m quite proud of this piece, it took me forever to complete, so I’m looking at how to maybe simplify the style. Any critique on the figures is welcome, but you can gloss over the background at the top and panel composition etc, because I’m not planning to do landscapes or comics on here.
TZtU3i1.jpg
This is just a quick mock-up of a tattoo for a friend, but I’ve been thinking about how I could maybe do dragon adopts in this sorta style! The flowers are just photos that I edited into place, I wouldn’t use photos for adopts. But yeah, kind of a minimal black and white stippled look contrasting with very bright vibey details!

Thanks for offering your critique to the community! I can already see you’ve helped tons of people ^^ really appreciate it, thank you!
arcanef1.png arcanef2.png
@bluesykai

hello! c:
A shame i have to gloss over the background, because it's really nice! :D and yep the figures/characters was what i noticed could use some more work C: To me they all look a bit awkward and stiff (though the hands look great!) It's hard to pinpoint what exactly is "wrong" but i think it comes down to the anatomy and a bit of the design of the clothes. The neck in the black and white panel on the girl looks a bit weird, it's almost as if it isn't there, but you just placed the head in the right spot? if that makes sense... I also noticed that it looks like the hair curls up under her chin a bit, instead of falling naturally down ^^. with the design i was thinking of the girl's shirt. It looks like the purple part of it isn't only on the puffy sleeves, but also goes on the chest/back. It isn't too noticable in the front-facing panels, but i definitely see it in the panel where she is running away. I would "cut" the shirt so it's more clearly defined what is her arms and what is her torso :)

As for simplifying, i think a good place to cut down on detail is in the hair. It almost looks as if it's in a different style compared to the rest ^^ I would make it a solid shape, and only have a single solid highlight somewhere. instead of now where we can see every strand of hair c:

---
Oooh! cool concept! :D The anatomy could still use a bit of work (it doesn't look like the left ear of the horse connects to the head) but the shading style is very interesting :3 I haven't really seen any artists on here use screentones for shading, so i think that's a nice detail. And i think the color pop is a good idea as well. I don't quite know how you would translate the different genes (or if you would do genes at all?) but i say give it a go, if you have an idea of what to do :3

@bluesykai

hello! c:
A shame i have to gloss over the background, because it's really nice! :D and yep the figures/characters was what i noticed could use some more work C: To me they all look a bit awkward and stiff (though the hands look great!) It's hard to pinpoint what exactly is "wrong" but i think it comes down to the anatomy and a bit of the design of the clothes. The neck in the black and white panel on the girl looks a bit weird, it's almost as if it isn't there, but you just placed the head in the right spot? if that makes sense... I also noticed that it looks like the hair curls up under her chin a bit, instead of falling naturally down ^^. with the design i was thinking of the girl's shirt. It looks like the purple part of it isn't only on the puffy sleeves, but also goes on the chest/back. It isn't too noticable in the front-facing panels, but i definitely see it in the panel where she is running away. I would "cut" the shirt so it's more clearly defined what is her arms and what is her torso :)

As for simplifying, i think a good place to cut down on detail is in the hair. It almost looks as if it's in a different style compared to the rest ^^ I would make it a solid shape, and only have a single solid highlight somewhere. instead of now where we can see every strand of hair c:

---
Oooh! cool concept! :D The anatomy could still use a bit of work (it doesn't look like the left ear of the horse connects to the head) but the shading style is very interesting :3 I haven't really seen any artists on here use screentones for shading, so i think that's a nice detail. And i think the color pop is a good idea as well. I don't quite know how you would translate the different genes (or if you would do genes at all?) but i say give it a go, if you have an idea of what to do :3

underskrift-geo.png
@cordifolium

Hi!
I know I've posted this same picture up a few times now on different forums!- It's literally the only example of a recent coloured drawing of mine.

Just wondering where I could improve? I've only been drawing digitally since January, so learning how to use layers and brushes has been weird.
Thank you ! c:

alrQPYn.png
@cordifolium

Hi!
I know I've posted this same picture up a few times now on different forums!- It's literally the only example of a recent coloured drawing of mine.

Just wondering where I could improve? I've only been drawing digitally since January, so learning how to use layers and brushes has been weird.
Thank you ! c:

alrQPYn.png
*.*.*.*.* Art shop~
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/2745089
Please click--PK5Va.gifkmlWO.gif
@ForestFay Sure! :3 Your style is very cool! :D My advice would be to study up on anatomy a bit more. I would suggest looking at examples when you draw :3 The stylization of the face is cool, but what i notice is that the shoulders look a bit off. It's true that the shoulders don't go from the neck like an "L" and it's more gradual, but i would still steepen? the part from the trapezius to the shoulder blades - make the shoulders become more horizontal once the trapz ends...i hope you get what I'm saying xD I think it would also be good if you defined the neck a bit more, where the parts meet each other, as well as adding some collar bones c: maybe not AS defined like this one, but just hinting at where the different parts are :) [img]https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-AEw2sk-h2HE/VuMGLEes5aI/AAAAAAAACV0/1DXFig9q7IIcKN6QfiWEQI780WN4W0SLA/s1600/sternomastoid%2Bin%2Buse.jpg[/img] you could also use some more lines on the horn, to define the form. Which parts are further ahead, which parts go more towards the background c: Right now they look like it's one flat piece ^^ I also think it would be a good idea to make the shirt a different shade from the hair, just so we can easier differentiate the two parts ^^
@ForestFay

Sure! :3 Your style is very cool! :D My advice would be to study up on anatomy a bit more. I would suggest looking at examples when you draw :3 The stylization of the face is cool, but what i notice is that the shoulders look a bit off. It's true that the shoulders don't go from the neck like an "L" and it's more gradual, but i would still steepen? the part from the trapezius to the shoulder blades - make the shoulders become more horizontal once the trapz ends...i hope you get what I'm saying xD I think it would also be good if you defined the neck a bit more, where the parts meet each other, as well as adding some collar bones c:
maybe not AS defined like this one, but just hinting at where the different parts are :)
sternomastoid%2Bin%2Buse.jpg

you could also use some more lines on the horn, to define the form. Which parts are further ahead, which parts go more towards the background c: Right now they look like it's one flat piece ^^

I also think it would be a good idea to make the shirt a different shade from the hair, just so we can easier differentiate the two parts ^^
underskrift-geo.png
@cordifolium

I'm sorry it took me awhile to write back-

I absolutely agree with you!
I need more references when I draw I actually use none which is why sometimes even my faces are a hit or miss and I can see how off my anatomy can just be at times!
I can see what you mean by the shoulders looking a bit too slump, almost as if there is no shoulder arm bone there.

I also literally just started coloring in my drawings! I know that sounds weird but I never really bothered even cleaning up sketches, I really just need heaps of references to help me practice-

Thank you!-
@cordifolium

I'm sorry it took me awhile to write back-

I absolutely agree with you!
I need more references when I draw I actually use none which is why sometimes even my faces are a hit or miss and I can see how off my anatomy can just be at times!
I can see what you mean by the shoulders looking a bit too slump, almost as if there is no shoulder arm bone there.

I also literally just started coloring in my drawings! I know that sounds weird but I never really bothered even cleaning up sketches, I really just need heaps of references to help me practice-

Thank you!-
*.*.*.*.* Art shop~
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/2745089
Please click--PK5Va.gifkmlWO.gif
Mind reviewing my art? I don’t have anything that’s finished lately [s]cuz ive been busy[/s] but I do have some sketches. [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/7e12a76800519ad2ab65809dbadebcc0/5fcf7e7995b44b24-a3/s1280x1920/1db0e0c99cbb70de5012543bc12fbc44d4981fad.png[/img] Sketchy thing that I felt like coloring. [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/4ffb87a14a8afe0eeea277fa7df01288/2ad80e3ce0e058d7-a7/s1280x1920/44493ad272b2035ad6f93de8751bada82cdb36ab.png[/img]
Mind reviewing my art? I don’t have anything that’s finished lately cuz ive been busy but I do have some sketches.

1db0e0c99cbb70de5012543bc12fbc44d4981fad.png
Sketchy thing that I felt like coloring.

44493ad272b2035ad6f93de8751bada82cdb36ab.png
I'm Broke
@cordifolium Would you be willing to critique my art? I'm still very much a beginner, so any critique would be more than helpful. [img]https://i.imgur.com/8dRgJNE.jpg[/img] This is a gijinka of one of my dragons. I know that the pupil's a little small, but other than that I don't know what I might've done wrong. It's also one of the very few humans I'm actually proud of.
@cordifolium Would you be willing to critique my art? I'm still very much a beginner, so any critique would be more than helpful.

8dRgJNE.jpg
This is a gijinka of one of my dragons. I know that the pupil's a little small, but other than that I don't know what I might've done wrong. It's also one of the very few humans I'm actually proud of.
_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory
@cordifolium I'd love some critique on these drawings I recently did! [img]https://f2.toyhou.se/file/f2-toyhou-se/images/18256967_PB1ov3OaRHz1oSq.png[/img] [img]https://f2.toyhou.se/file/f2-toyhou-se/images/18188109_rbNx1VBJqvP9qRh.png[/img]
@cordifolium
I'd love some critique on these drawings I recently did!
18256967_PB1ov3OaRHz1oSq.png
18188109_rbNx1VBJqvP9qRh.png
78783074_62hYynO6UmNOByz.png 78809653_GOky0er2lNVE80S.png sgNPvlD.png
@cordifolium skrrt skrrt some critique on these would be gr8 !! [img]https://i.postimg.cc/7L8pKrGF/6.png[/img] [img]https://i.postimg.cc/dVN48MbY/cinnamon_spice.png[/img]
@cordifolium
skrrt skrrt some critique on these would be gr8 !!

6.png
cinnamon_spice.png
xil - any pronouns - fr time +3 - art shop

ipnEeR0.png
@cordifolium

Yespleasehalp

I would really love some advice on pricing as well as any thoughts/tips for shading and coloring ; o; Please and thanks<3

YWaTG4F.png
@cordifolium

Yespleasehalp

I would really love some advice on pricing as well as any thoughts/tips for shading and coloring ; o; Please and thanks<3

YWaTG4F.png
Siggy.png
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14