Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Want some art critique?
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14
@deermary The concept is cool :D I would say that it is a bit hard to read at a glance. I had to think a bit before i realized it was a pond ^^'. Shading will definitely help, as well as some koi/goldfish :) I also think it would be more clear if you made the lilypads lighter in color :) It's always good to check if it reads in black/white to judge if the colors are distinct enough from each other :) Here's what it looks like: [img]https://i.imgur.com/0aRPFyl.png[/img] and the colors become even more similar if you move away from the screen/zoom out ^^' But yeah shading will help :) I think it's a cute idea, so i can't see a reason not to submit it :3 - though if im being honest: the concept isn't something i haven't seen before, but i can't remember if i saw it in a festival context or if it was in the forums ^^
@deermary

The concept is cool :D I would say that it is a bit hard to read at a glance. I had to think a bit before i realized it was a pond ^^'. Shading will definitely help, as well as some koi/goldfish :) I also think it would be more clear if you made the lilypads lighter in color :)

It's always good to check if it reads in black/white to judge if the colors are distinct enough from each other :) Here's what it looks like:
0aRPFyl.png
and the colors become even more similar if you move away from the screen/zoom out ^^' But yeah shading will help :)

I think it's a cute idea, so i can't see a reason not to submit it :3 - though if im being honest: the concept isn't something i haven't seen before, but i can't remember if i saw it in a festival context or if it was in the forums ^^
underskrift-geo.png
OH GOD PLEASE

https://www.deviantart.com/raytini02/gallery/

this is my DA gallery, i'd appreciate if you only mentioned the first two rows as art before that is a little outdated.
OH GOD PLEASE

https://www.deviantart.com/raytini02/gallery/

this is my DA gallery, i'd appreciate if you only mentioned the first two rows as art before that is a little outdated.
33785014.png66702371.png74483108.png
@Raytini02

I'm sorry but could i get you to post a max of 2 pictures from there you want me to focus on? ^^
@Raytini02

I'm sorry but could i get you to post a max of 2 pictures from there you want me to focus on? ^^
underskrift-geo.png
https://www.deviantart.com/raytini02/art/Pure-children-792288703

And
https://www.deviantart.com/raytini02/art/Bundle-of-songs-lantern-spider-adopt-batch-OPEN-792333167

please!
https://www.deviantart.com/raytini02/art/Pure-children-792288703

And
https://www.deviantart.com/raytini02/art/Bundle-of-songs-lantern-spider-adopt-batch-OPEN-792333167

please!
@Raytini02 Thank you :D let me see~ First off: I love your use of colors :D They're so vibrant but doesn't feel too "in your face" :3 your first piece: I think you could improve your composition a bit ^^ I would crop the picture so there isn't such a big blank space to the right of the character, and perhaps expand the canvas so you could see their feet instead :) Your line quality is good and consistent, if you wanted you could experiment with making the lines thicker some places, but yeah isn't necessary or anything just a suggestion :3. I can also see that the creatures are made up, but i would still suggest that you work on your expressions on the creature on the right. I only know what they're feeling because of the blush you've added. In my personal opinion i think it would look better if their eye was closed instead? ^^ I also see a few places where you haven't filled in the shadows completely, but it is only noticeable if you really look for it c: the second picture: cool adopts! :D I think they've got a cool pose going~ I see a few places where you have forgotten to color in the background (most noticeable on "apple dot fox" between their leg and those orange things from their tail. Other than that i think it's between all the creatures' toes) I like their patterns, but i feel like your lines are less confident in this one. I see a few places where you've colored outside the lines, as well as blobs not being "closed" properly like this here: [img]https://i.imgur.com/gdz3ILU.png[/img] It's a very small mistake, but i feel like there's enough of them that they make the design less appealing in general. I also think you could rework the designs a bit in general, because there's some things that are a bit hard to read ^^' When i see the picture it looks like one of the arms grow out directly from their back - and i don't know if that's on purpose or not ^^' I hope that helps a bit c:
@Raytini02

Thank you :D

let me see~

First off: I love your use of colors :D They're so vibrant but doesn't feel too "in your face" :3

your first piece:
I think you could improve your composition a bit ^^ I would crop the picture so there isn't such a big blank space to the right of the character, and perhaps expand the canvas so you could see their feet instead :) Your line quality is good and consistent, if you wanted you could experiment with making the lines thicker some places, but yeah isn't necessary or anything just a suggestion :3. I can also see that the creatures are made up, but i would still suggest that you work on your expressions on the creature on the right. I only know what they're feeling because of the blush you've added. In my personal opinion i think it would look better if their eye was closed instead? ^^
I also see a few places where you haven't filled in the shadows completely, but it is only noticeable if you really look for it c:

the second picture:
cool adopts! :D I think they've got a cool pose going~
I see a few places where you have forgotten to color in the background (most noticeable on "apple dot fox" between their leg and those orange things from their tail. Other than that i think it's between all the creatures' toes)
I like their patterns, but i feel like your lines are less confident in this one. I see a few places where you've colored outside the lines, as well as blobs not being "closed" properly like this here:
gdz3ILU.png
It's a very small mistake, but i feel like there's enough of them that they make the design less appealing in general.

I also think you could rework the designs a bit in general, because there's some things that are a bit hard to read ^^' When i see the picture it looks like one of the arms grow out directly from their back - and i don't know if that's on purpose or not ^^'

I hope that helps a bit c:

underskrift-geo.png
@cordifolium Hello! I'd love some critique/feed back on the new style of dragons I'm trying, though keep in mind that I haven't drawn dragons in a little while, so they probably aren't the best lol. My goal for this new style is to be more semi-realism, maybe a little heavier on the realism side. On the skydancer it got a bit cartoony since it's a hatchling. These are the only two pieces I've done so far in this style With this one I know that I got pretty lazy on the mane that attaches to the neck, so it's a little sloppy/less detailed. [img]https://imgur.com/laeKHwu.png[/img] [img]https://imgur.com/6l9ajzd.png[/img] Skydancer horns are the bane of my existence. Dunno why. Didn't try really much shading on these guys, nor lighting, so keep that in mind.
@cordifolium
Hello! I'd love some critique/feed back on the new style of dragons I'm trying, though keep in mind that I haven't drawn dragons in a little while, so they probably aren't the best lol.

My goal for this new style is to be more semi-realism, maybe a little heavier on the realism side. On the skydancer it got a bit cartoony since it's a hatchling. These are the only two pieces I've done so far in this style

With this one I know that I got pretty lazy on the mane that attaches to the neck, so it's a little sloppy/less detailed.

laeKHwu.png

6l9ajzd.png
Skydancer horns are the bane of my existence. Dunno why.

Didn't try really much shading on these guys, nor lighting, so keep that in mind.
x8z3xmt.pngFor God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16
The designs do have arms growing out their back actually! But apart from that thank you so much I'll definitely take all of those into consideration.

The adopt batch was done in a rush so yeah there definitely was less consideration taken in the finish but I hadnt properly noticed some of the filling issues so thank you for bringing that to my attention!
The designs do have arms growing out their back actually! But apart from that thank you so much I'll definitely take all of those into consideration.

The adopt batch was done in a rush so yeah there definitely was less consideration taken in the finish but I hadnt properly noticed some of the filling issues so thank you for bringing that to my attention!
@MorningSkye

I'll keep those things in mind, but still try to give you response on how to make them more realistic looking c:

i would straighten up the snout on the imperial, specifically the very end of it. I know it's looking down, but it looks like there's a curve on it. I would also make the belly scoots a lot broader, to make it look more like the official art ^^ Imperials also have hair on their cheeks/jaw c:

On the hatchling i would make the neck a lot thinner, but everything else looks fine c:

edit: i would also move your signature on the first picture because right now it's way too noticable in my opinion ^^ it looks fine on the second picture though c:
@MorningSkye

I'll keep those things in mind, but still try to give you response on how to make them more realistic looking c:

i would straighten up the snout on the imperial, specifically the very end of it. I know it's looking down, but it looks like there's a curve on it. I would also make the belly scoots a lot broader, to make it look more like the official art ^^ Imperials also have hair on their cheeks/jaw c:

On the hatchling i would make the neck a lot thinner, but everything else looks fine c:

edit: i would also move your signature on the first picture because right now it's way too noticable in my opinion ^^ it looks fine on the second picture though c:
underskrift-geo.png
@cordifolium
Thank you! It's very helpful. I'll try to keep those tips in mind when I draw those breeds next.

GAHHH, I swear I'm ALWAYS forgetting some hair somewhere on those dang imperials!! It's either that or the ears. >.> (I used to never be able to draw them, though, so I guess some improvement...? lol)
@cordifolium
Thank you! It's very helpful. I'll try to keep those tips in mind when I draw those breeds next.

GAHHH, I swear I'm ALWAYS forgetting some hair somewhere on those dang imperials!! It's either that or the ears. >.> (I used to never be able to draw them, though, so I guess some improvement...? lol)
x8z3xmt.pngFor God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16
@cordifolium Hi! I'd like to ask for some critique, since I've been wrestling with my art for like...the entirety of 2019. Also a question, are we allowed to return? But moving on to art side, I've been lately disliking the way I do lineart, and it's driving me up the wall, new brushes and all don't seem to help... Here's my more recent pieces: [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/529809219134816289/562719866205896755/Evryali.png[/img] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/529809219134816289/564937594748796929/haha-hes-rad.png[/img]
@cordifolium Hi! I'd like to ask for some critique, since I've been wrestling with my art for like...the entirety of 2019.
Also a question, are we allowed to return?

But moving on to art side, I've been lately disliking the way I do lineart, and it's driving me up the wall, new brushes and all don't seem to help...

Here's my more recent pieces:
Evryali.png

haha-hes-rad.png
6h4Ol4n.pngXiejUgd.pngvJUVQ0t.pngcGS2SD8.png
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14