Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Want some art critique?
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14
@Schmoop

Cute character and style c: - but do remember: critiques like "the legs are too small" can still be valid, even if your style is one with generally small legs. It's all about proportions and such - you gotta know your anatomy before you can break it and such c:. And i know the "incomplete lineart" style or what to call it XD A youtuber i follow called Kasey Golden has a similar style :3.

as for my critique: I think the wings could use a little work. It's good that you have the lairs of feathers like wings have, they just look a little inconsistent compared to each other. Like you've drawn them two different ways ^^. I also think you could push your shadows more, they are barely visible ^^. And i think you should color more where the legs meet the sweater, right now there's a...rounded edge?.. which makes it look like doll-legs that were kinda sewn on or something? sorry i don't know how to express it better ^^'

If you're feeling up to it, i would recommend trying out more dynamic poses and angles, if you want to improve further :3

Hope you could use my critique c:
@Schmoop

Cute character and style c: - but do remember: critiques like "the legs are too small" can still be valid, even if your style is one with generally small legs. It's all about proportions and such - you gotta know your anatomy before you can break it and such c:. And i know the "incomplete lineart" style or what to call it XD A youtuber i follow called Kasey Golden has a similar style :3.

as for my critique: I think the wings could use a little work. It's good that you have the lairs of feathers like wings have, they just look a little inconsistent compared to each other. Like you've drawn them two different ways ^^. I also think you could push your shadows more, they are barely visible ^^. And i think you should color more where the legs meet the sweater, right now there's a...rounded edge?.. which makes it look like doll-legs that were kinda sewn on or something? sorry i don't know how to express it better ^^'

If you're feeling up to it, i would recommend trying out more dynamic poses and angles, if you want to improve further :3

underskrift-geo.png
@cordifolium
Oh god yes
The leg thing is getting on my nerves, but the little corners are too small for my markers :,)
I also make legs smaller because I one, wanna make the sweater fluffier, and two, the character himself is skinny a f so like- but I just like the style more? Also I just realized that the wings look different from one another and my gOD does it annoy me. Also, lemme try to clear up the shadow stuff~ if you'd like to see more of my other legitimate art, not doodles, just let me know!
@cordifolium
Oh god yes
The leg thing is getting on my nerves, but the little corners are too small for my markers :,)
I also make legs smaller because I one, wanna make the sweater fluffier, and two, the character himself is skinny a f so like- but I just like the style more? Also I just realized that the wings look different from one another and my gOD does it annoy me. Also, lemme try to clear up the shadow stuff~ if you'd like to see more of my other legitimate art, not doodles, just let me know!
I am but a garbage can filled with Undertale, Stardew Valley, and various Nintendo games. Enter my world at risk.
tumblr_pf2iowWKcV1x6z57mo1_100.png
[quote name="cordifolium" date="2018-12-18 10:29:57" ] @Schmoop Cute character and style c: - but do remember: critiques like "the legs are too small" can still be valid, even if your style is one with generally small legs. It's all about proportions and such - you gotta know your anatomy before you can break it and such c:. And i know the "incomplete lineart" style or what to call it XD A youtuber i follow called Kasey Golden has a similar style :3. as for my critique: I think the wings could use a little work. It's good that you have the lairs of feathers like wings have, they just look a little inconsistent compared to each other. Like you've drawn them two different ways ^^. I also think you could push your shadows more, they are barely visible ^^. And i think you should color more where the legs meet the sweater, right now there's a...rounded edge?.. which makes it look like doll-legs that were kinda sewn on or something? sorry i don't know how to express it better ^^' If you're feeling up to it, i would recommend trying out more dynamic poses and angles, if you want to improve further :3 Hope you could use my critique c: [/quote] Btw [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/dWYOHEa.jpg[/IMG] Sorta fixed some of it? My markers are giving up on mEEEEE
cordifolium wrote on 2018-12-18 10:29:57:
@Schmoop

Btw
dWYOHEa.jpg
Sorta fixed some of it? My markers are giving up on mEEEEE
I am but a garbage can filled with Undertale, Stardew Valley, and various Nintendo games. Enter my world at risk.
tumblr_pf2iowWKcV1x6z57mo1_100.png
@Schmoop

I'd love to see your other art! :D Post it here if you want my opinion on it :3
(or send it via PM if you don't want my advice on it, just want to show it to me c: )

EDIT: that was a fast fix! lol. Yep the shadows look much better now c:
@Schmoop

I'd love to see your other art! :D Post it here if you want my opinion on it :3
(or send it via PM if you don't want my advice on it, just want to show it to me c: )

EDIT: that was a fast fix! lol. Yep the shadows look much better now c:
underskrift-geo.png
I feel like something is wrong, other than the mouth (because that’s what I think this guys mouth would look like) [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/485206153475784741/522532235056775192/image0.jpg[/img]
I feel like something is wrong, other than the mouth (because that’s what I think this guys mouth would look like)
image0.jpg
image0.png
@Pepper6
What a cute guy! (and i would'nt have commented on the mouth either way, it looks cool! :D)

I think it is because the neck tapers down the wrong way, that it looks a little weird c: Normally the neck gets thicker the further down to the chest it gets c:. You could also make the edge of the apparel horn a half-circle to make it more natural looking :D
@Pepper6
What a cute guy! (and i would'nt have commented on the mouth either way, it looks cool! :D)

I think it is because the neck tapers down the wrong way, that it looks a little weird c: Normally the neck gets thicker the further down to the chest it gets c:. You could also make the edge of the apparel horn a half-circle to make it more natural looking :D
underskrift-geo.png
Throw me the harshest critique you've got. [img]https://i.postimg.cc/DzcXm2Sh/flyingbuttress.png[/img] [img]https://i.postimg.cc/x8Tw88Vf/FR-DDAY-Sunset.png[/img] Note: not drawn with tablet. Also, could you provide me some pricing help with the adopt shop in my signature? The skydancer links there.
Throw me the harshest critique you've got.

flyingbuttress.png
FR-DDAY-Sunset.png

Note: not drawn with tablet.

Also, could you provide me some pricing help with the adopt shop in my signature? The skydancer links there.
@TwilightStars

i give the same kind of critique to everyone lol. just my honest opinion ^^

when you say not drawn with tablet, do you then mean with mouse? :)
cause if that's the case, then I'm very impressed ^^

my advice would to require a drawing tablet, it can greatly help with your line stability and such. - but yeah, your lines are a bit "wonky" - try to be more confident in your lines, often it helps by making the drawing strokes faster ^^ I would also suggest using different line weights to create more visual interest (can also be done with a tablet c:). Hmm i also think your anatomy could use a bit of work (you're missing the nostrils) but esp. the neck area - the neck tapers up to the head, instead of going straight up c: ^^

I think 50k is a fine prize for your adoptables, they're very cute c:
@TwilightStars

i give the same kind of critique to everyone lol. just my honest opinion ^^

when you say not drawn with tablet, do you then mean with mouse? :)
cause if that's the case, then I'm very impressed ^^

my advice would to require a drawing tablet, it can greatly help with your line stability and such. - but yeah, your lines are a bit "wonky" - try to be more confident in your lines, often it helps by making the drawing strokes faster ^^ I would also suggest using different line weights to create more visual interest (can also be done with a tablet c:). Hmm i also think your anatomy could use a bit of work (you're missing the nostrils) but esp. the neck area - the neck tapers up to the head, instead of going straight up c: ^^

I think 50k is a fine prize for your adoptables, they're very cute c:
underskrift-geo.png
@cordifolium Partially I use mouse, but I have touchscreen. Which helps a lot, but my lines are a bit wonky, I agree. Thank you for your input <3
@cordifolium Partially I use mouse, but I have touchscreen. Which helps a lot, but my lines are a bit wonky, I agree. Thank you for your input <3
Can you critique this? I want to know what to improve on in my guardians c: I was having some trouble under the head, since the spines get bigger again.. and with all the spines in general [img]https://i.ibb.co/89z8T2q/5318-C50-E-2-AC3-45-A8-AC1-D-90-FAB357-A28-E.jpg[/img] Sorry if it’s a bit hard to understand ;u;
Can you critique this? I want to know what to improve on in my guardians c: I was having some trouble under the head, since the spines get bigger again.. and with all the spines in general

5318-C50-E-2-AC3-45-A8-AC1-D-90-FAB357-A28-E.jpg

Sorry if it’s a bit hard to understand ;u;
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14