Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Want some art critique?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14
@QueenAltari

These are both very cute! :D

For the spiral: The eyes seem to be the wrong shape, if you are trying to "emulate"/ want the dragon to look like it does on FR :) FR's spiral has more of an almond shape, instead of a more square shape c: I would also suggest making the head a bit longer in the back, before the horns start - right now it doesn't look like there's enough room for their brain and stuff c: For the little bird, i would lower the wing in the background, as it wouldn't be that visible from the perspective we're seeing it from.

First off: the wings on the girl look great! :D I love that the front overlaps the back c: One thing i think could improve the drawing was if you made the wings more symmetrical (which i know can be very hard on paper - but practice makes perfect c:) I also think the anatomy could use some work - the arms look a bit too thick, so does the legs, even if they are supposed to transition into bird-legs. The stomach also looks a bit too long. In general i would just suggest to look at references and guides on anatomy, to improve your skills on that level c:
@QueenAltari

These are both very cute! :D

For the spiral: The eyes seem to be the wrong shape, if you are trying to "emulate"/ want the dragon to look like it does on FR :) FR's spiral has more of an almond shape, instead of a more square shape c: I would also suggest making the head a bit longer in the back, before the horns start - right now it doesn't look like there's enough room for their brain and stuff c: For the little bird, i would lower the wing in the background, as it wouldn't be that visible from the perspective we're seeing it from.

First off: the wings on the girl look great! :D I love that the front overlaps the back c: One thing i think could improve the drawing was if you made the wings more symmetrical (which i know can be very hard on paper - but practice makes perfect c:) I also think the anatomy could use some work - the arms look a bit too thick, so does the legs, even if they are supposed to transition into bird-legs. The stomach also looks a bit too long. In general i would just suggest to look at references and guides on anatomy, to improve your skills on that level c:
underskrift-geo.png
That's really helpful to me, thanks! I'm having a bit *cough* *cough* a lot *cough* of difficulty going from my style of dragons to FR's. Talon is actually the first human I've drawn since I was um, 5-7 years old or something, so I probably do need to look at some references....

I'll definitely really look at FR's dragons, and some humans.
That's really helpful to me, thanks! I'm having a bit *cough* *cough* a lot *cough* of difficulty going from my style of dragons to FR's. Talon is actually the first human I've drawn since I was um, 5-7 years old or something, so I probably do need to look at some references....

I'll definitely really look at FR's dragons, and some humans.
tumblr_pt3k6kp4CW1tesnpoo2_75sq.gif573Ze2b.giftumblr_pt3k6kp4CW1tesnpoo2_75sq.gif
@cordifolium I'm always interested in what other people have to say about my art >> [img]https://i.imgur.com/8PcZibk.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/Ka2i0rx.png[/img]
@cordifolium

I'm always interested in what other people have to say about my art >>

8PcZibk.jpg

Ka2i0rx.png
OLB16Oa.png
@ImmaChibi Aaah! She's super cute and pretty! <3 The advice I would give is to render the hair less. It generally looks better if you treat the hair like "clumps" instead of coloring/rendering it strand for strand. To me it also looks like the head is either a bit too smal, or the neck is a bit too thick. The white part of the eyes also look a bit red. It's great that they aren't completely white, but I would suggest shading with a blue color instead of a red color, to avoid this :) EDIT: I very quickly tried to illustrate what I mean - I hope it's ok c: ((and ofc it will look better when you do it for real c: )) [img]https://i.imgur.com/BpL57IE.png[/img] (I also adjusted the colors just a tiny bit) The second is more of a sketchy style i see. There I would advice making fewer more precise lines. There's no reason there should be so many lines on top of each other at the face ^^ (yes even if it is a sketchy style) I think the part with the frills look better - I would aim to make every part of the drawing more like that c: Hope that helps c:
@ImmaChibi

Aaah! She's super cute and pretty! <3 The advice I would give is to render the hair less. It generally looks better if you treat the hair like "clumps" instead of coloring/rendering it strand for strand. To me it also looks like the head is either a bit too smal, or the neck is a bit too thick. The white part of the eyes also look a bit red. It's great that they aren't completely white, but I would suggest shading with a blue color instead of a red color, to avoid this :)
EDIT: I very quickly tried to illustrate what I mean - I hope it's ok c: ((and ofc it will look better when you do it for real c: ))
BpL57IE.png
(I also adjusted the colors just a tiny bit)

The second is more of a sketchy style i see. There I would advice making fewer more precise lines. There's no reason there should be so many lines on top of each other at the face ^^ (yes even if it is a sketchy style) I think the part with the frills look better - I would aim to make every part of the drawing more like that c:

Hope that helps c:
underskrift-geo.png
[center]i'd love some feedback! :D [img]https://i.imgur.com/ZZOJlZG.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/ZgLa9ZN.png[/img] [url]http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2582344]here's[/url] a link to my art dump if you're interested in seeing a few more examples of other genes etc ! i've only really done a couple of FR breeds but i'm looking to expand & start drawing more ^^[/center]
i'd love some feedback! :D

ZZOJlZG.png

ZgLa9ZN.png

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2582344]here's a link to my art dump if you're interested in seeing a few more examples of other genes etc ! i've only really done a couple of FR breeds but i'm looking to expand & start drawing more ^^
.[/nextcol]21525.png
mollie/idio
she/they
fr + 8 (GMT)
feel free to ping, pm, friend etc :)
21526.png
@idiosyncratic

Woah these are all super cool! :D

I can see that you're very detailed in your character work, and is especially good at drawing apparel c: I would suggest making the back wing of the first dragon a bit darker to help with the depth in the picture c: (can be done by adding a overlay afterwards, or painting it by hand from the start~). To me it looks a bit weird that we can see the hand from the other side of the dragon, but not the leg from that side, so i would pose them a bit differently c: I would also suggest coloring the outlines to match whatever's beneath, as it looks a bit unnatural esp. at the cloth from the necklace. It doesn't have to be the exact same color, just a darker version of the color would be sufficient.

I love the expression on the two dragons! :D And the way you have done the genes ^v^. Hmmm... I find it a bit harder to critique this one. I think it would benefit making the white of the smoke go underneath the eye on the one on the right, just to make the eye stand out more :) I also think it's a bit hard to see the mouth on the one on the right, but I don't know how to best fix that :/ Maybe a lighter outline where the mouth is? or something like that? ^^'

Sorry I couldn't be of much help on the second one, but I hope you could use the advice on the first one c:
@idiosyncratic

Woah these are all super cool! :D

I can see that you're very detailed in your character work, and is especially good at drawing apparel c: I would suggest making the back wing of the first dragon a bit darker to help with the depth in the picture c: (can be done by adding a overlay afterwards, or painting it by hand from the start~). To me it looks a bit weird that we can see the hand from the other side of the dragon, but not the leg from that side, so i would pose them a bit differently c: I would also suggest coloring the outlines to match whatever's beneath, as it looks a bit unnatural esp. at the cloth from the necklace. It doesn't have to be the exact same color, just a darker version of the color would be sufficient.

I love the expression on the two dragons! :D And the way you have done the genes ^v^. Hmmm... I find it a bit harder to critique this one. I think it would benefit making the white of the smoke go underneath the eye on the one on the right, just to make the eye stand out more :) I also think it's a bit hard to see the mouth on the one on the right, but I don't know how to best fix that :/ Maybe a lighter outline where the mouth is? or something like that? ^^'

Sorry I couldn't be of much help on the second one, but I hope you could use the advice on the first one c:
underskrift-geo.png
@cordifolium - thank you so much! :"D that's super helpful advice, especially on the first drawing! i've been meaning to do coloured lineart for a while now, i just always forget and then i'm too lazy to change it half-way through ^^'

i'll definitely take this into account for future pieces though! thank you again! <3
@cordifolium - thank you so much! :"D that's super helpful advice, especially on the first drawing! i've been meaning to do coloured lineart for a while now, i just always forget and then i'm too lazy to change it half-way through ^^'

i'll definitely take this into account for future pieces though! thank you again! <3
.[/nextcol]21525.png
mollie/idio
she/they
fr + 8 (GMT)
feel free to ping, pm, friend etc :)
21526.png
[center][url=https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/intermediary/f/4af40991-a5af-46ac-ac0f-6310bb621e27/dcoexet-5592ef9a-287c-4b8c-9feb-98a10953979b.png/v1/fill/w_1024,h_478,strp/artasword_by_calcanthite_dcoexet-fullview.png][img]https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/intermediary/f/4af40991-a5af-46ac-ac0f-6310bb621e27/dcoexet-5592ef9a-287c-4b8c-9feb-98a10953979b.png/v1/fill/w_1024,h_478,strp/artasword_by_calcanthite_dcoexet-fullview.png[/img][/url] boop Image clickable for full size (pulled from dA)[/center]
artasword_by_calcanthite_dcoexet-fullview.png

boop

Image clickable for full size (pulled from dA)
Unnamed.pngUnnamed2.png
-- || Instagram
@cordifolium Here's one of my most recent pieces. Let me know what you think! [img]http://i.imgur.com/3cBfsTt.png[/img]
@cordifolium
Here's one of my most recent pieces. Let me know what you think!
3cBfsTt.png
NvqJibZ.png
Art Shop
Toyhouse
DeviantArt
@Calcanthite

I like the dynamic pose you've got going! :D

Hmm, my advice would be to focus more on your shading technique since you already got a pretty good grip on how to pose your character. The hair looks a bit unnatural, but i think it could be a quick fix, all you need to do is add a couple of strands of hair set to multiply where the hair is. That way the two big "blobs" get broken up a bit :). I am also a bit confused by the..hair? coming down from the horns, i don't really know what it is supposed to be, so i think you should practice the execution of it to better convey the meaning c:

Hope it helps c:
@Calcanthite

I like the dynamic pose you've got going! :D

Hmm, my advice would be to focus more on your shading technique since you already got a pretty good grip on how to pose your character. The hair looks a bit unnatural, but i think it could be a quick fix, all you need to do is add a couple of strands of hair set to multiply where the hair is. That way the two big "blobs" get broken up a bit :). I am also a bit confused by the..hair? coming down from the horns, i don't really know what it is supposed to be, so i think you should practice the execution of it to better convey the meaning c:

Hope it helps c:
underskrift-geo.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14