Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | In Shadow of the Gods-Nuzlocke-COMPLETE
1 2 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63
[img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/b4cd2dfebf775b089ff312a61dc862c0/5c66bc682a652ff9-a7/s400x600/e5c3a88d4cae6bc843e3e895bbbca8278df45df4.png[/img] WHOOPSY DOODLE THAT WAS CLOSE
e5c3a88d4cae6bc843e3e895bbbca8278df45df4.png

WHOOPSY DOODLE THAT WAS CLOSE
Kai - Al (There's only 1 L!)
[Call me Kai!] [30s,They/Them]
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
f18d31cc350d038f8fdc1052107773b5e5669843.png
- Accent Shop!
- Hatchathon: Egg a Day 2024!
- In Shadow of the Gods: A Nuzlocke (Complete!)
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
[b]With Fresh Eyes[/b] "I didn't want to break any of your little rules, but after so many months without stopping by I was getting close to coming to look for you." Edan shifted uncomfortably in the fold-out chair the wildclaw had set out for him. He offered a half-hearted shrug. "Well, y'know... time kinda slips away recently," he hesitated, not really wanting to get into it with much detail. "We've had a lot on our plates." "I'd been getting worried about you," Zuehal frowned, drumming his claws on the table between them. "I was wondering if you all had [i]died [/i]somehow." "Well, I... I'm sorry for worrying ya, for what it's worth," he sighed, glancing around the tent they were sat in as opposed to meeting the wildclaw's gaze. "So, uh... did ya really bring me in here to talk prices or was it just for - " "Oh no, that was real," Zuehal waved a hand dismissively. "Ila's sewing has been selling quite well - I've been able to move them as art pieces. There was a bidding war on the last shawl she made - you wound up with, ah, a line of credit here from it, actually." "Oh," Edan blinked in surprise. "About how much would that be?" "Several orders worth, if you're picking up all your staples anyway," Zuehal replied, pulling a sheet of parchment and quill out from his satchels. "I also wanted to check if your group would be wanting more scrolls anytime soon. I'll be working with my supplier again shortly..." "Not to my knowledge, but you'd be better off asking them," Edan replied. "If they want to order something I'm fine with it. Within reason, anyway." "Alright," Zuehal nodded, scratching some note down before looking back at him with a brief, somewhat empty-feeling smile. "That's all I need from you for now, Edan, thank you. If anyone is ready to show me what they have to trade please send them in. I'd love to chat with Ila whether she has something or not, if you could let her know." "Sure thing," Edan stood and headed toward the tent flap, briefly pausing and looking over his shoulder. "Good to see ya, by the way." Zuehal chuckled and nodded, his smile seeming more sincere as he answered: "And you, too." *** Ila wasn't immediately visible when Edan stepped out of the tent, in fact, the rest of the group was absent save for Hazel - who eagerly pushed past him to show Zuehal her latest creations. He heard an exclamation off to his left, and saw them all crowded together around three dragons he'd never seen before. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/66166962][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/661670/66166962_350.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/64829217][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/648293/64829217_350.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/65888201][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/658883/65888201_350.png[/img][/url] Breaking into a trot, he hurried toward them all, prepared to charge to his clan's defense if something was amiss - But then Ila saw him and waved eagerly. "Edan!" she exclaimed. "You aren't going to believe this!" [sub] Hey folks, it's been a long time again! Though you may note I started this post ages ago, I just haven't had time to finish it. Doing anything with a baby to look after is hard lol @Dovalore, @Valishtu, @Gloomyvibes, @AnimeLover9631, @Akash, @tigressRising, @ArgenteaMoon, @mintSMASH, @StormWendjule, @IronPen, @Solaristigres, @Acuarela, @Rivix, @Keet, @catmeow1, @Sharuna, @owlstar7, @Fallacies, @Cngx, @Arinemera, @Weredogalism, @Kosaa, @astrallis, @ShadewingRising, @Kyaritty, @Chalkolate, @Luteia, @Drachenschwinge, @Kaskade, @InfiniteIrony, @Darunia, @OrderedChaos, @Kaskade, @Viperfishy, @SallyJane, @huskies709, @mmuted, @Pastie, @cybo, @Synchros, @Damindra, @Velvetpaws, @Macrocosm, @Sabariel, @demitri, @PipDragon40, @Dreamcoyote, @casdeth, @Khazraj, @DreamSlayer, @SoftDemon, @Petall, @Borkbean, @dragonstars12q, @nwn, @SammySepticEye, @Tirtouga678, @wolfbutterfly42
With Fresh Eyes

"I didn't want to break any of your little rules, but after so many months without stopping by I was getting close to coming to look for you."

Edan shifted uncomfortably in the fold-out chair the wildclaw had set out for him. He offered a half-hearted shrug.
"Well, y'know... time kinda slips away recently," he hesitated, not really wanting to get into it with much detail. "We've had a lot on our plates."

"I'd been getting worried about you," Zuehal frowned, drumming his claws on the table between them. "I was wondering if you all had died somehow."

"Well, I... I'm sorry for worrying ya, for what it's worth," he sighed, glancing around the tent they were sat in as opposed to meeting the wildclaw's gaze. "So, uh... did ya really bring me in here to talk prices or was it just for - "

"Oh no, that was real," Zuehal waved a hand dismissively. "Ila's sewing has been selling quite well - I've been able to move them as art pieces. There was a bidding war on the last shawl she made - you wound up with, ah, a line of credit here from it, actually."

"Oh," Edan blinked in surprise. "About how much would that be?"

"Several orders worth, if you're picking up all your staples anyway," Zuehal replied, pulling a sheet of parchment and quill out from his satchels. "I also wanted to check if your group would be wanting more scrolls anytime soon. I'll be working with my supplier again shortly..."

"Not to my knowledge, but you'd be better off asking them," Edan replied. "If they want to order something I'm fine with it. Within reason, anyway."

"Alright," Zuehal nodded, scratching some note down before looking back at him with a brief, somewhat empty-feeling smile. "That's all I need from you for now, Edan, thank you. If anyone is ready to show me what they have to trade please send them in. I'd love to chat with Ila whether she has something or not, if you could let her know."

"Sure thing," Edan stood and headed toward the tent flap, briefly pausing and looking over his shoulder. "Good to see ya, by the way."

Zuehal chuckled and nodded, his smile seeming more sincere as he answered: "And you, too."

Ila wasn't immediately visible when Edan stepped out of the tent, in fact, the rest of the group was absent save for Hazel - who eagerly pushed past him to show Zuehal her latest creations.

He heard an exclamation off to his left, and saw them all crowded together around three dragons he'd never seen before.

66166962_350.png
64829217_350.png
65888201_350.png

Breaking into a trot, he hurried toward them all, prepared to charge to his clan's defense if something was amiss -

But then Ila saw him and waved eagerly.
"Edan!" she exclaimed. "You aren't going to believe this!"

Hey folks, it's been a long time again! Though you may note I started this post ages ago, I just haven't had time to finish it. Doing anything with a baby to look after is hard lol

@Dovalore, @Valishtu, @Gloomyvibes, @AnimeLover9631, @Akash, @tigressRising, @ArgenteaMoon, @mintSMASH, @StormWendjule, @IronPen, @Solaristigres, @Acuarela, @Rivix, @Keet, @catmeow1, @Sharuna, @owlstar7, @Fallacies, @Cngx, @Arinemera, @Weredogalism, @Kosaa, @astrallis, @ShadewingRising, @Kyaritty, @Chalkolate, @Luteia, @Drachenschwinge, @Kaskade, @InfiniteIrony, @Darunia, @OrderedChaos, @Kaskade, @Viperfishy, @SallyJane, @huskies709, @mmuted, @Pastie, @cybo, @Synchros, @Damindra, @Velvetpaws, @Macrocosm, @Sabariel, @demitri, @PipDragon40, @Dreamcoyote, @casdeth, @Khazraj, @DreamSlayer, @SoftDemon, @Petall, @Borkbean, @dragonstars12q, @nwn, @SammySepticEye, @Tirtouga678, @wolfbutterfly42
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
Updated the chapter list too, oops. It had been... a year?? My bad.
Updated the chapter list too, oops. It had been... a year?? My bad.
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
@Kaial

Welcome back! Gotta go refresh myself on the story, but it’s nice to have a new chapter :D hope you’re doing fine!
@Kaial

Welcome back! Gotta go refresh myself on the story, but it’s nice to have a new chapter :D hope you’re doing fine!
Tirtouga | FR +16 | she/her

@Tirtouga678

Well it's a rough time in the world for everyone and personally I feel like I've been in a whirlwind but here's hoping I have more time to write from here on out!
I finally have the motivation - I've updated every lore dragon's bio aside from nuzlocke to avoid spoilers. So that means, once I'm done the nuzlocke, I can complete all my bios 100% for real.

Aaanyway, the fact you're reading and even took the time to comment means absolutely the world to me. Thank you so much. c:
@Tirtouga678

Well it's a rough time in the world for everyone and personally I feel like I've been in a whirlwind but here's hoping I have more time to write from here on out!
I finally have the motivation - I've updated every lore dragon's bio aside from nuzlocke to avoid spoilers. So that means, once I'm done the nuzlocke, I can complete all my bios 100% for real.

Aaanyway, the fact you're reading and even took the time to comment means absolutely the world to me. Thank you so much. c:
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
Introductions

Edan glanced uncomfortably to the side, watching as Ila and the newcomers chatted up a storm.
Their supplies on their backs, they were making the long walk back home - all of them.

"...and so we were trying to figure out, like, should we go find help? But there was nobody else - no clans for miles and miles," the gaoler - Quen, he'd been told - explained, shaking her head slightly as the two smaller dragons tried to keep balance on her horns.

"So finally Deims just decided he'd fly over and see if he could see breathing or anything, and that's when the whole group just popped out of the trees and tried to shake him down!" Quen growled, before adding with a smirk. "They somehow hadn't noticed he wasn't alone, I guess."

"Not that I needed your help, mind," the fae shrugged, his fins flicking in what was presumably amusement. "They all stopped in their tracks when I pulled a dagger on the pearly that was playing dead on the ground."

"Yeah, yeah," Quen rolled her eyes and gave her head a playful shake, jostling the fae - and the other strange dragon, who let out an annoyed shout.
Ila, who had been listening raptly, stifled a giggle.

"So who did you say ya were again?" Edan asked flatly. "And why are you - what brings you here, anyway?"

"Travellers! Been all over the world now." The fae exclaimed, his voice pleasant in spite of his lack of expression. "And this lovely lady is my friend and traveling partner, Quen..."

The gaoler smiled and nodded, again jostling her passengers.

"And the veilspun is my sister - "

"Face Eater," the other small dragon interjected, offering a thin, fanged grin.

Deimoro's friendly bravado suddenly dropped, along with his fins.
"Yes. This is my sister Face Eater," he nodded theatrically, gesturing toward the grey dragon on the horn across from him. "Her name is Lae."

"Face. Eater."

"You're taking this too far - "

Edan caught Ila's eye as the two dragons began to bicker, nodding before slowing down. The nocturne matched pace.

"So... why are they comin' with us?" he asked, scowling at the odd group still walking along and arguing.

"Doesn't that sound like Altiel's group? I thought they might be able to help us," Ila replied, eagerness in her tone.

"Sure," Edan nodded. "But why are they coming to our house? We coulda just talked to them at the crossroads."

"Well," Ila suddenly looked a bit bashful, and she nervously adjusted the satchels she was carrying. Her voice got quieter and quieter as she spoke. "I figured if they're wanderers they might have a lot to share with us, and they all seem like they haven't had a good meal in a while. So I offered them a hot meal in exchange for information before I really considered asking in a different way."

"Hm," Edan set his jaw, then let out a sigh. "Well. Not the first time something like this has happened I guess. We'll see what comes of it."

Ila nodded, then hurried back over to walk beside the new group, who had just seemed to notice her absence. Edan shook his head to himself before moving to join her.

Time to keep an eye on them.

@Dovalore, @Valishtu, @Gloomyvibes, @AnimeLover9631, @Akash, @tigressRising, @ArgenteaMoon, @mintSMASH, @StormWendjule, @IronPen, @Solaristigres, @Acuarela, @Rivix, @Keet, @catmeow1, @Sharuna, @owlstar7, @Fallacies, @Cngx, @Arinemera, @Weredogalism, @Kosaa, @astrallis, @ShadewingRising, @Kyaritty, @Chalkolate, @Luteia, @Drachenschwinge, @Kaskade, @InfiniteIrony, @Darunia, @OrderedChaos, @Kaskade, @Viperfishy, @SallyJane, @huskies709, @mmuted, @Pastie, @cybo, @Synchros, @Damindra, @Velvetpaws, @Macrocosm, @Sabariel, @demitri, @PipDragon40, @Dreamcoyote, @casdeth, @Khazraj, @DreamSlayer, @SoftDemon, @Petall, @Borkbean, @dragonstars12q, @nwn, @SammySepticEye, @Tirtouga678, @wolfbutterfly42

Hey again! Another new entry. What do you think of this format? More short and sweet, possibly easier to read? And also. You know. Possible for me to write. LMK!
Introductions

Edan glanced uncomfortably to the side, watching as Ila and the newcomers chatted up a storm.
Their supplies on their backs, they were making the long walk back home - all of them.

"...and so we were trying to figure out, like, should we go find help? But there was nobody else - no clans for miles and miles," the gaoler - Quen, he'd been told - explained, shaking her head slightly as the two smaller dragons tried to keep balance on her horns.

"So finally Deims just decided he'd fly over and see if he could see breathing or anything, and that's when the whole group just popped out of the trees and tried to shake him down!" Quen growled, before adding with a smirk. "They somehow hadn't noticed he wasn't alone, I guess."

"Not that I needed your help, mind," the fae shrugged, his fins flicking in what was presumably amusement. "They all stopped in their tracks when I pulled a dagger on the pearly that was playing dead on the ground."

"Yeah, yeah," Quen rolled her eyes and gave her head a playful shake, jostling the fae - and the other strange dragon, who let out an annoyed shout.
Ila, who had been listening raptly, stifled a giggle.

"So who did you say ya were again?" Edan asked flatly. "And why are you - what brings you here, anyway?"

"Travellers! Been all over the world now." The fae exclaimed, his voice pleasant in spite of his lack of expression. "And this lovely lady is my friend and traveling partner, Quen..."

The gaoler smiled and nodded, again jostling her passengers.

"And the veilspun is my sister - "

"Face Eater," the other small dragon interjected, offering a thin, fanged grin.

Deimoro's friendly bravado suddenly dropped, along with his fins.
"Yes. This is my sister Face Eater," he nodded theatrically, gesturing toward the grey dragon on the horn across from him. "Her name is Lae."

"Face. Eater."

"You're taking this too far - "

Edan caught Ila's eye as the two dragons began to bicker, nodding before slowing down. The nocturne matched pace.

"So... why are they comin' with us?" he asked, scowling at the odd group still walking along and arguing.

"Doesn't that sound like Altiel's group? I thought they might be able to help us," Ila replied, eagerness in her tone.

"Sure," Edan nodded. "But why are they coming to our house? We coulda just talked to them at the crossroads."

"Well," Ila suddenly looked a bit bashful, and she nervously adjusted the satchels she was carrying. Her voice got quieter and quieter as she spoke. "I figured if they're wanderers they might have a lot to share with us, and they all seem like they haven't had a good meal in a while. So I offered them a hot meal in exchange for information before I really considered asking in a different way."

"Hm," Edan set his jaw, then let out a sigh. "Well. Not the first time something like this has happened I guess. We'll see what comes of it."

Ila nodded, then hurried back over to walk beside the new group, who had just seemed to notice her absence. Edan shook his head to himself before moving to join her.

Time to keep an eye on them.

Hey again! Another new entry. What do you think of this format? More short and sweet, possibly easier to read? And also. You know. Possible for me to write. LMK!
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
Yep that's how I would expect a tiny Veilspun named *Face Eater* to conduct herself
Yep that's how I would expect a tiny Veilspun named *Face Eater* to conduct herself
zBb62uZ.pngkiukE70.png1.png
@IronPen

That is the essence of Face Eater.
Who has a pet named Hand Eater
@IronPen

That is the essence of Face Eater.
Who has a pet named Hand Eater
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
Face Eater-

On another note I love how Ila just offered them food without even asking Edan XD
Face Eater-

On another note I love how Ila just offered them food without even asking Edan XD
Tirtouga | FR +16 | she/her

@Tirtouga678

I've wanted to intro her for so long, waiting for the story to hit the right point is pain lmao.

Ila gets very single-minded when she's excited or has an idea she's fond of, whoopsyyy
@Tirtouga678

I've wanted to intro her for so long, waiting for the story to hit the right point is pain lmao.

Ila gets very single-minded when she's excited or has an idea she's fond of, whoopsyyy
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
1 2 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63