Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Dragon Writers of May
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
@LilacsandFreedom

oui, oui, mon amie, je mappelle laf- i neED TO STOP

@micahjaguar

All I can think of is graceful elves just, like, booping a dragon's nose and saying, "Go now, be free. May the gardens of Valhala accept you for the better dragon you've become."
@LilacsandFreedom

oui, oui, mon amie, je mappelle laf- i neED TO STOP

@micahjaguar

All I can think of is graceful elves just, like, booping a dragon's nose and saying, "Go now, be free. May the gardens of Valhala accept you for the better dragon you've become."
rPflwkH.png
@NightRising Go for it! Don't be disappointed if you don't make it to the end, though. I started a gazillion novels when I was in high school and early college and cried bitterly that I didn't appear to have any novel-length ideas. It wasn't until I was nearly out of college that I finally finished something. Try some short stories if you get frustrated! Those are easier for some people. :)

@velvetpaws That bogsneak!! *dies* So funny! :D

@Sillywinter *falls over, flailing* Omg! If only I could have written that it would have saved me three years of work!! Lol! Of course, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have made any money on something that easy either, so no regrets. *chortles*

@galacticexposure Sillywinter appears to be okay, so don't worry so much about that? They just maybe don't want to talk. If you know one another personally, now might be the time for email or a phone call, otherwise you probably should respect their desire not to want to engage right now. :/

IT'S ALMOST FESTIVAL TIME WHOOT

And my book hit retail and has four reviews already and people didn't hate it. I am content. *beams*

Anyone have any cute babies lately? I'm about to expand my lair and I am now on the hunt for cuties...
@NightRising Go for it! Don't be disappointed if you don't make it to the end, though. I started a gazillion novels when I was in high school and early college and cried bitterly that I didn't appear to have any novel-length ideas. It wasn't until I was nearly out of college that I finally finished something. Try some short stories if you get frustrated! Those are easier for some people. :)

@velvetpaws That bogsneak!! *dies* So funny! :D

@Sillywinter *falls over, flailing* Omg! If only I could have written that it would have saved me three years of work!! Lol! Of course, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have made any money on something that easy either, so no regrets. *chortles*

@galacticexposure Sillywinter appears to be okay, so don't worry so much about that? They just maybe don't want to talk. If you know one another personally, now might be the time for email or a phone call, otherwise you probably should respect their desire not to want to engage right now. :/

IT'S ALMOST FESTIVAL TIME WHOOT

And my book hit retail and has four reviews already and people didn't hate it. I am content. *beams*

Anyone have any cute babies lately? I'm about to expand my lair and I am now on the hunt for cuties...
Traveling Wind Clan! We have toured every Flight in Sornieth!
We completed our round-the-world tour on July 6th, 2020 and are once again home in Wind!

Previous Visits: Wind, Earth, Light, Shadow, Nature, Arcane, Ice, Fire, Water, Lightning, Plague
@micahjaguar

ok!! thanks so much :DD
@micahjaguar

ok!! thanks so much :DD
WBC5JG3.png
MUYNhfy.png
mlHpBMC.png
SM9WJh6.png
7c8ZUEs.png
xxxxxsource

Many matchy g1s up for offer here! Send a PM!
29369802.png featured
dragon
@NightRising *high-fives you* :)
@NightRising *high-fives you* :)
We completed our round-the-world tour on July 6th, 2020 and are once again home in Wind!

Previous Visits: Wind, Earth, Light, Shadow, Nature, Arcane, Ice, Fire, Water, Lightning, Plague
@MawkishMuse I don't collect Gen1s, and my approach to them is kind of random. I have one that I think I described as abandoned. I've also gone with "parentless" and "just ignoring that they're Gen1". like my progens presumably have parents, they're just not part of the story. :)

@NightRising Whoa, Posy is having her last very bad day, from the sounds of it. c_c

Your teacher sounds pretty harsh. :| On the other hand, classes are one way to learn, so I don't think you need to wait until you are "good enough" to start.

The answer to "should you write?" is always YES. :) If you want to write, you should do it. If a novel is too intimidating, you can try short stories instead. I find they make good confidence-boosters: "Look, I can finish things!"

@Reltseo Sometimes it's easier to put off making decisions when things feel like they're "all right" the way they are. :/ It's easier for me, anyway.

Like Micah's anecdotes, I just landed where I did, rather than planning it. Got a job in banking and have been there for 20 years in various back-office roles. It pays well enough that I've saved a lot and hope to semi-retire soon so I can focus more on writing.

@velvetpaws *giggles* oh no poor Sabron. No wonder he looks so alarmed. *pats him* Miera needs to be re-socialized herself!

@sillywinter *laughs at elf-reforming-dragons image* PERFECT.

*recommends @micahjaguar's new book to everyone: books2read.com/pg5-inextremis , if I remember the URL right* :) The first book in the series, Even the Wingless, is one of my favorites. All dark and grim with flashes of brilliant light.

I am still wandering lost in the editing mines. -_- But! I am almost done with my first read-through of Birthright. When I finish that, I can make a list of all the things I still need to change. then I can stomp through that list in miserable trepidation until it's done. And then I can finally have beta-readers! \o/ It's starting to look like a thing that will happen! In July, probably.

I still need to find a cover artist. And figure out what the cover art should be. Ugh. x_x

But it's Friday, and a three day weekend is coming up, so I will stay full of hope and good cheer for now. *nods* What're everyone else's plans for the weekend? Mine are stuff like "go to a coffee shop and edit" and "watch videos with my SO". Whee!
@MawkishMuse I don't collect Gen1s, and my approach to them is kind of random. I have one that I think I described as abandoned. I've also gone with "parentless" and "just ignoring that they're Gen1". like my progens presumably have parents, they're just not part of the story. :)

@NightRising Whoa, Posy is having her last very bad day, from the sounds of it. c_c

Your teacher sounds pretty harsh. :| On the other hand, classes are one way to learn, so I don't think you need to wait until you are "good enough" to start.

The answer to "should you write?" is always YES. :) If you want to write, you should do it. If a novel is too intimidating, you can try short stories instead. I find they make good confidence-boosters: "Look, I can finish things!"

@Reltseo Sometimes it's easier to put off making decisions when things feel like they're "all right" the way they are. :/ It's easier for me, anyway.

Like Micah's anecdotes, I just landed where I did, rather than planning it. Got a job in banking and have been there for 20 years in various back-office roles. It pays well enough that I've saved a lot and hope to semi-retire soon so I can focus more on writing.

@velvetpaws *giggles* oh no poor Sabron. No wonder he looks so alarmed. *pats him* Miera needs to be re-socialized herself!

@sillywinter *laughs at elf-reforming-dragons image* PERFECT.

*recommends @micahjaguar's new book to everyone: books2read.com/pg5-inextremis , if I remember the URL right* :) The first book in the series, Even the Wingless, is one of my favorites. All dark and grim with flashes of brilliant light.

I am still wandering lost in the editing mines. -_- But! I am almost done with my first read-through of Birthright. When I finish that, I can make a list of all the things I still need to change. then I can stomp through that list in miserable trepidation until it's done. And then I can finally have beta-readers! \o/ It's starting to look like a thing that will happen! In July, probably.

I still need to find a cover artist. And figure out what the cover art should be. Ugh. x_x

But it's Friday, and a three day weekend is coming up, so I will stay full of hope and good cheer for now. *nods* What're everyone else's plans for the weekend? Mine are stuff like "go to a coffee shop and edit" and "watch videos with my SO". Whee!
Author Website: LadyRowyn.com
@LadyRowyn

hehe thanks! i've started something that i've got an idea for, and it's only a bit hard to motivate myself to churn it out. i think i'm better about my confidence at the very least.
@LadyRowyn

hehe thanks! i've started something that i've got an idea for, and it's only a bit hard to motivate myself to churn it out. i think i'm better about my confidence at the very least.
WBC5JG3.png
MUYNhfy.png
mlHpBMC.png
SM9WJh6.png
7c8ZUEs.png
xxxxxsource

Many matchy g1s up for offer here! Send a PM!
29369802.png featured
dragon
@micahjaguar @LadyRowyn - It's true that no one really has it figured out, but I feel like I've used that too often as an excuse to not do anything with my life. I guess I just feel like I wasted a lot of years doing nothing. But enough moping! Behold this pretty baby I just hatched! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33323624] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/333237/33323624_350.png[/img] [/url] One of her brothers came out pretty well too. I've been on a red dragon kick lately.
@micahjaguar @LadyRowyn - It's true that no one really has it figured out, but I feel like I've used that too often as an excuse to not do anything with my life. I guess I just feel like I wasted a lot of years doing nothing.

But enough moping! Behold this pretty baby I just hatched!

33323624_350.png

One of her brothers came out pretty well too. I've been on a red dragon kick lately.
lF5nfl9.png tShJXZX.png
>_> Got another person asking to buy my PERFECT Earth rep. Sorry, no. I may have to put a note in his bio saying "NOT for sale" if this keeps up:|

Edit: In fact...*go does*

Edit 2: I MIGHT part with him for a Light Sprite, but....I dunno. XP

Edit 3: AND Sunchaser Jewelry. XP Not 'or' but 'and'
>_> Got another person asking to buy my PERFECT Earth rep. Sorry, no. I may have to put a note in his bio saying "NOT for sale" if this keeps up:|

Edit: In fact...*go does*

Edit 2: I MIGHT part with him for a Light Sprite, but....I dunno. XP

Edit 3: AND Sunchaser Jewelry. XP Not 'or' but 'and'
NOTE: Dergs in my lair with scries are just ideas, & are subject to change/not final.
nZJa3n3.png
*rises up from pile of papers* Euggh....what month is it...? =_= Still May...? Oh...

I see a lot of pretty babs and encouragement to write. *cheers*

@VioletWhirlwind

Now let's just hope people are good at reading bios before asking to buy a dragon >_> *glances around Earth rep protectively...*
*rises up from pile of papers* Euggh....what month is it...? =_= Still May...? Oh...

I see a lot of pretty babs and encouragement to write. *cheers*

@VioletWhirlwind

Now let's just hope people are good at reading bios before asking to buy a dragon >_> *glances around Earth rep protectively...*
A gentle soul who likes to help new players. Also called Mawk.

@Reltseo On the bright side, if you have decided you're using it as an excuse, maybe you will feel better about making some decisions? Just remember, it's all right to make a mistake and have to do something different! I've done that several times. I spent a year and a half pursuing a dead-end career (after paying to educate myself in it! $6000 down the drain!) before I realized I needed to course-correct to something that actually made real money. -_- That bogsneak is adorbs, and I don't even like bogsneaks! *pats her appreciatively* @VioletWhirlwind Lol! You really love your Earth rep. Show them off! I want to see now! :D @MawkishMuse It's still May! Today! Tomorrow it will be June! And then we will have a new thread. I can't remember whose turn it is to start it, maybe @LadyRowyn? We'll see who gets to it first! I had some adorable minty babies today! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33403804] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/334039/33403804_350.png[/img] [/url] And am disporting myself with the festival. I love the apparel this month! And I have lots of money so I am buying ALL THE THINGS. Genes. Apparel. Even battle stuff (those major health potions never drop EVER). And I maxed out my lair and am rolling around in all the empty space. *roll roll* My only regret is the grinding place of the month is Rainsong. I hate Rainsong. >.> Anyone else having fun with the festival? :D
@Reltseo On the bright side, if you have decided you're using it as an excuse, maybe you will feel better about making some decisions? Just remember, it's all right to make a mistake and have to do something different! I've done that several times. I spent a year and a half pursuing a dead-end career (after paying to educate myself in it! $6000 down the drain!) before I realized I needed to course-correct to something that actually made real money. -_-

That bogsneak is adorbs, and I don't even like bogsneaks! *pats her appreciatively*

@VioletWhirlwind Lol! You really love your Earth rep. Show them off! I want to see now! :D

@MawkishMuse It's still May! Today! Tomorrow it will be June! And then we will have a new thread. I can't remember whose turn it is to start it, maybe @LadyRowyn? We'll see who gets to it first!

I had some adorable minty babies today!

33403804_350.png

And am disporting myself with the festival. I love the apparel this month! And I have lots of money so I am buying ALL THE THINGS. Genes. Apparel. Even battle stuff (those major health potions never drop EVER). And I maxed out my lair and am rolling around in all the empty space. *roll roll*

My only regret is the grinding place of the month is Rainsong. I hate Rainsong. >.>

Anyone else having fun with the festival? :D

1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23