Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Dragon Writers of May
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22 23
New Business
It's May! Wow, we're one-third through 2017.

For those who set Camp Nanowrimo goals -- how did you do?

For everyone: what are your May goals like?

General Introduction

In Nanowrimo 2013, Micahjaguar started a writers' chat thread in the Wind forum. Since Micah and I left Wind, we've created a writers' chat here every month, to (a) meet new writers! and (b) keep in touch with all our Windy friends. (Hi Windies! We still love you all!)

Some purposes for this thread:
  • Talk excitedly about your current awesome writing project!
  • Whinge about your current project which no longer seems so awesome and you don't want to work on it any more but YOU WILL anyway. Because REASONS.
  • Show off snippets of your writing
  • Cheer your fellow writers on as they write!
  • Commiserate with your fellow writers as they complain about not writing, or about not being happy with their writing
  • Ask other participants to pick one of your dragons for you to write something about in the dragon's bio
  • Show off dragon bios
  • Admire one another's dragons and new hatchlings from time to time (because this IS Flight Rising)
  • Any other writerly activities you want to chat about

"Dragon Writers" is a reference to this being a chat on a dragon site; there is no requirement that you write about dragons in order to participate. (Okay, there really aren't any requirements at all).

This is intended to be a general chat thread and not a critique group. Now, it's absolutely fine for a writer to post a link to their work and ask people for feedback and/or criticism! But it's also fine for people to post bits of their writing just to show off and with no desire to have it critiqued. And it's fine if you participate in the thread without ever sharing anything you write, or giving feedback on anyone else's writing.

Unless a writer solicits critiques, please only respond to their writing with supportive comments (or don't respond at all).

Also, this is a chat thread: we're here to interact with one another as writers. Showing up to say 'I haven't read any of the previous messages and am completely ignoring any conversations going on. Please come to my thread/read my writing' is unlikely to work out well for you.
New Business
It's May! Wow, we're one-third through 2017.

For those who set Camp Nanowrimo goals -- how did you do?

For everyone: what are your May goals like?

General Introduction

In Nanowrimo 2013, Micahjaguar started a writers' chat thread in the Wind forum. Since Micah and I left Wind, we've created a writers' chat here every month, to (a) meet new writers! and (b) keep in touch with all our Windy friends. (Hi Windies! We still love you all!)

Some purposes for this thread:
  • Talk excitedly about your current awesome writing project!
  • Whinge about your current project which no longer seems so awesome and you don't want to work on it any more but YOU WILL anyway. Because REASONS.
  • Show off snippets of your writing
  • Cheer your fellow writers on as they write!
  • Commiserate with your fellow writers as they complain about not writing, or about not being happy with their writing
  • Ask other participants to pick one of your dragons for you to write something about in the dragon's bio
  • Show off dragon bios
  • Admire one another's dragons and new hatchlings from time to time (because this IS Flight Rising)
  • Any other writerly activities you want to chat about

"Dragon Writers" is a reference to this being a chat on a dragon site; there is no requirement that you write about dragons in order to participate. (Okay, there really aren't any requirements at all).

This is intended to be a general chat thread and not a critique group. Now, it's absolutely fine for a writer to post a link to their work and ask people for feedback and/or criticism! But it's also fine for people to post bits of their writing just to show off and with no desire to have it critiqued. And it's fine if you participate in the thread without ever sharing anything you write, or giving feedback on anyone else's writing.

Unless a writer solicits critiques, please only respond to their writing with supportive comments (or don't respond at all).

Also, this is a chat thread: we're here to interact with one another as writers. Showing up to say 'I haven't read any of the previous messages and am completely ignoring any conversations going on. Please come to my thread/read my writing' is unlikely to work out well for you.
Author Website: LadyRowyn.com
I summon the dragon-writing horde!

Please add/remove yourself from the pinglist here, if you like: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MgBhbV0tZai8TO20VNURz5y8_toxSN4xLCamseq7ICs/edit?usp=sharing

@Almaren, @Aloysius, @Alpharaposa, @Amut, @Araaska,@Azurenight, @Batme, @benalene, @Bhelryss, @BlackWinter, @blaireau, @BombSwan, @brilliantsky, @Caiiore, @CanisLupus03, @Catbag, @Celetia912, @chalcara, @chaosheart13, @chibithulu, @cinderrain, @Cinnimoncynic, @clarax, @CosmicCoelacanth, @Darkersolstice, @Darkwarrior101, @disbounded, , @Dreamnorn, @DTEvie, @Duchannes, @egyptelf, @Elfnextdoor, @encarmine, @EonFlamewing, @Erratic, @Eyries, @Fixeddotdice, @Fuurin, @gendersquare, @GreyWardenNova, @growingthebear, @gunslinger, @HeartThief, @hitoritabi, @Hurricanesong, @Iceyriver08, @Ickyrus, @Iriexiris, @IronPen, @IvoryMuffin, @Jane13, @Jetfeather@JiggertyPokery, @Joying, @kanashiiichigo, @Karika, @kayn, @Kazaera, @Kelwyn, @Kemonomimi, @Kerynean, @KittyHamilton, @LadyKnightKatsa, @LadyRowyn, @Ladyslayer, @lamarqueisdead, @Lckgandor, @li0nessrampant, @LilacsandFreedom, @LuckieChanm, @LucklessLady, @Lundlaeva, @Lytic, @ManaStar, @Marmite, @maw, @nemodave@melonLord, @MeraHunt, @Metamochi, @micahjaguar, @MischiefSword, @Mistwalker, @Catkinstarchild, @Morichinatsu, @Mort, @mwingzero, @Namira, @nano, @nargothrond, @Nemera, @Neroelysium, @Nightlilac, @NightwindDragon, @Nikita, @Oakwick, @ObsidianNights, @pachirisu, @Paintminion, @Pasafatu, @Pielonious, @pixeltune, @Plagueheart, @PlatinumDream, @PocketTheSaurus, @PoofinBurd, @Pookasaur, @psychocanes, @puffbird, @purplpeanut, @Pyrasaur, @quartzcrusher, @Rabbithearts, @Rexcaliburr, @ruthie, @SadariEvenstar, @SapphireElegy, @Serpenthyne, @ShadesofCyan, @shimo, @ShockZephyr, @SierraKomodo, @SilverFoxDemon, @Silverspun, @SingingBirdy, @SirWermo, @SN1006, @Snaphance, @SocialBookWorm, @SpiritKin, @SpringyBirdd, @Srewolf, @Steffon, @Stoat, @Suraya, @SylphofPens, @Syrinx, @tacroy, @The13Inquisitor, @TheDragonsQueen, @TheMaskedHunter, @typoAdventure, @Upstart, @Velg, @velvetpaws, @VigilanteSnail, @VioletWhirlwind, @WhoDoVooDoo, @Wisecakes, @WitchyWriter, @Wymetz, @WynterDragen, @xxsnowyxxx, @Yukino, @Zidderinni, @VivaFariy, @MawkishMuse, @Umpaloompa, @QuetzalQueen, @Adventure, @ZenithNadir, @Hydria, @Artificiary, @evosoul, @NinjaKnightOsc, @Silverhame, @Xumbre, @mightybeast, @DracioZard, @luckgandor, @tsuneembers, @MisfitsLanding, @LaraAelric, @TwilightDreams
I summon the dragon-writing horde!

Please add/remove yourself from the pinglist here, if you like: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MgBhbV0tZai8TO20VNURz5y8_toxSN4xLCamseq7ICs/edit?usp=sharing

@Almaren, @Aloysius, @Alpharaposa, @Amut, @Araaska,@Azurenight, @Batme, @benalene, @Bhelryss, @BlackWinter, @blaireau, @BombSwan, @brilliantsky, @Caiiore, @CanisLupus03, @Catbag, @Celetia912, @chalcara, @chaosheart13, @chibithulu, @cinderrain, @Cinnimoncynic, @clarax, @CosmicCoelacanth, @Darkersolstice, @Darkwarrior101, @disbounded, , @Dreamnorn, @DTEvie, @Duchannes, @egyptelf, @Elfnextdoor, @encarmine, @EonFlamewing, @Erratic, @Eyries, @Fixeddotdice, @Fuurin, @gendersquare, @GreyWardenNova, @growingthebear, @gunslinger, @HeartThief, @hitoritabi, @Hurricanesong, @Iceyriver08, @Ickyrus, @Iriexiris, @IronPen, @IvoryMuffin, @Jane13, @Jetfeather@JiggertyPokery, @Joying, @kanashiiichigo, @Karika, @kayn, @Kazaera, @Kelwyn, @Kemonomimi, @Kerynean, @KittyHamilton, @LadyKnightKatsa, @LadyRowyn, @Ladyslayer, @lamarqueisdead, @Lckgandor, @li0nessrampant, @LilacsandFreedom, @LuckieChanm, @LucklessLady, @Lundlaeva, @Lytic, @ManaStar, @Marmite, @maw, @nemodave@melonLord, @MeraHunt, @Metamochi, @micahjaguar, @MischiefSword, @Mistwalker, @Catkinstarchild, @Morichinatsu, @Mort, @mwingzero, @Namira, @nano, @nargothrond, @Nemera, @Neroelysium, @Nightlilac, @NightwindDragon, @Nikita, @Oakwick, @ObsidianNights, @pachirisu, @Paintminion, @Pasafatu, @Pielonious, @pixeltune, @Plagueheart, @PlatinumDream, @PocketTheSaurus, @PoofinBurd, @Pookasaur, @psychocanes, @puffbird, @purplpeanut, @Pyrasaur, @quartzcrusher, @Rabbithearts, @Rexcaliburr, @ruthie, @SadariEvenstar, @SapphireElegy, @Serpenthyne, @ShadesofCyan, @shimo, @ShockZephyr, @SierraKomodo, @SilverFoxDemon, @Silverspun, @SingingBirdy, @SirWermo, @SN1006, @Snaphance, @SocialBookWorm, @SpiritKin, @SpringyBirdd, @Srewolf, @Steffon, @Stoat, @Suraya, @SylphofPens, @Syrinx, @tacroy, @The13Inquisitor, @TheDragonsQueen, @TheMaskedHunter, @typoAdventure, @Upstart, @Velg, @velvetpaws, @VigilanteSnail, @VioletWhirlwind, @WhoDoVooDoo, @Wisecakes, @WitchyWriter, @Wymetz, @WynterDragen, @xxsnowyxxx, @Yukino, @Zidderinni, @VivaFariy, @MawkishMuse, @Umpaloompa, @QuetzalQueen, @Adventure, @ZenithNadir, @Hydria, @Artificiary, @evosoul, @NinjaKnightOsc, @Silverhame, @Xumbre, @mightybeast, @DracioZard, @luckgandor, @tsuneembers, @MisfitsLanding, @LaraAelric, @TwilightDreams
welp, camp nano didn't go so well for me. i made it to 6K words and somehow the interest just died for me there. that's 24K words i didn't write so *shrugs* but i did however revamp my lair so my story is changing a lot and i'm working on getting it all fleshed out and what not so that's nice.
welp, camp nano didn't go so well for me. i made it to 6K words and somehow the interest just died for me there. that's 24K words i didn't write so *shrugs* but i did however revamp my lair so my story is changing a lot and i'm working on getting it all fleshed out and what not so that's nice.
S O K O L
knowledge of comprehension, benevolence, and aesthetics | active | slowly revamping
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx
ToxrvHn.gif
Really starting to despise the campus my writing course got moved to.

Not loving the non-fiction unit either. The Graphic Design\Word unit is alright, but I'm going to leave the whole thing go if I have to redo the non-fiction stuff.

Let's just say there's a heavy journalism focus and I really don't care for it.

Journalism has a bad reputation lately for a very good reason.
Really starting to despise the campus my writing course got moved to.

Not loving the non-fiction unit either. The Graphic Design\Word unit is alright, but I'm going to leave the whole thing go if I have to redo the non-fiction stuff.

Let's just say there's a heavy journalism focus and I really don't care for it.

Journalism has a bad reputation lately for a very good reason.
'Why are you frowning?' -Temeraire's first words.
9PO79Ra.png kBLPNEQ.png
@Rexcaliburr Still, 6,000 words more than you had in March! \o/

I wrote 28,000 words of my 25,000 word goal, so that worked out fine. I didn't do as much editing as I wanted to, so I'm going to buckle down and do that in May.

I am really glad April is over, because wanting to get the Campnano quests done on 4thewords was seriously interfering with my willingness to spend time editing. -_-
@Rexcaliburr Still, 6,000 words more than you had in March! \o/

I wrote 28,000 words of my 25,000 word goal, so that worked out fine. I didn't do as much editing as I wanted to, so I'm going to buckle down and do that in May.

I am really glad April is over, because wanting to get the Campnano quests done on 4thewords was seriously interfering with my willingness to spend time editing. -_-
@LadyRowyn well at least there's that! it's great that you finished your goal too! i never get around to editing any of my few finished projects :')
@LadyRowyn well at least there's that! it's great that you finished your goal too! i never get around to editing any of my few finished projects :')
S O K O L
knowledge of comprehension, benevolence, and aesthetics | active | slowly revamping
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx
ToxrvHn.gif
Hi, dragon writers! *hugs everyone* *sets out hot chocolate and tea and coffee and kombucha and all sorts of delicious things* In May, there was much writing. I should be done with this novel in a couple of days, which means I'm looking at a late May release for the e-book. (Yay!) I decided to aim for @LadyRowyn's CampNaNo goal of 25K even though I wasn't doing Camp NaNo. I wrote...64,806 words on one book and 10,295 on a second, so a total of 75,101 words for the month. Wow, no wonder I feel wasted. -_- Anyway, I'm going to keep going on this book I'm about to finish until it's out in the world later this month, and then I will take a few days to breathe and start on the next. I have three book deadlines for the year, so I still have two to go after this! Anyone have any cute babies to show off? New bios? (Need a dragon prompt??) Here's my favorite of my current bunch: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32604128] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/326042/32604128_350.png[/img] [/url]
Hi, dragon writers! *hugs everyone* *sets out hot chocolate and tea and coffee and kombucha and all sorts of delicious things*

In May, there was much writing. I should be done with this novel in a couple of days, which means I'm looking at a late May release for the e-book. (Yay!) I decided to aim for @LadyRowyn's CampNaNo goal of 25K even though I wasn't doing Camp NaNo. I wrote...64,806 words on one book and 10,295 on a second, so a total of 75,101 words for the month.

Wow, no wonder I feel wasted. -_-

Anyway, I'm going to keep going on this book I'm about to finish until it's out in the world later this month, and then I will take a few days to breathe and start on the next. I have three book deadlines for the year, so I still have two to go after this!

Anyone have any cute babies to show off? New bios? (Need a dragon prompt??) Here's my favorite of my current bunch:

32604128_350.png
Traveling Wind Clan! We have toured every Flight in Sornieth!
We completed our round-the-world tour on July 6th, 2020 and are once again home in Wind!

Previous Visits: Wind, Earth, Light, Shadow, Nature, Arcane, Ice, Fire, Water, Lightning, Plague
Good morning! Happy May! I've been fond of May since I was a little kid because it's my middle name. It seemed more special. I had this stellar batch of tundras and I can't keep them all. I can't choose which one I want though. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32653883] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/326539/32653883_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32653884] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/326539/32653884_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32653885] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/326539/32653885_350.png[/img] [/url] I also had some very pretty coatls. Overall it's been a good week for hatchlings.
Good morning! Happy May!

I've been fond of May since I was a little kid because it's my middle name. It seemed more special.

I had this stellar batch of tundras and I can't keep them all. I can't choose which one I want though.

32653883_350.png

32653884_350.png

32653885_350.png

I also had some very pretty coatls. Overall it's been a good week for hatchlings.
OEbTfWA.pngQZBBtQI.png
@The13Inquisitor
Yikes, that sucks. I transferred from my old uni precisely because their writing stuff was entirely journalism-focused with mayyybe one fiction course thrown in there. It's not really my jam, either - hopefully you don't have to invest much extra time into the non-fiction.
@The13Inquisitor
Yikes, that sucks. I transferred from my old uni precisely because their writing stuff was entirely journalism-focused with mayyybe one fiction course thrown in there. It's not really my jam, either - hopefully you don't have to invest much extra time into the non-fiction.
60Avnmu.png
QgilwX7.png Looking for colors or near miss:
—Mantis/Peacock/Peridot
—Ginger/Auburn/Sanguine
—Cerulean/Teal/Ice
—Periwinkle/Plum/Fuschia
Good Morning! Did everyone have a fun Wavecrest Saturnalia? I took part in the Labyrinthine Levitos Tours, my friend was in charge of it (and omg she did it by HERSELF which was a horrible mistake I hope she never makes again). I didn't win anything, but it's given me the chance to flesh out the lore for these two dragons so I am satisfied all around. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31804214] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/318043/31804214_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7847144] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/78472/7847144_350.png[/img] [/url][/center]
Good Morning!

Did everyone have a fun Wavecrest Saturnalia? I took part in the Labyrinthine Levitos Tours, my friend was in charge of it (and omg she did it by HERSELF which was a horrible mistake I hope she never makes again).

I didn't win anything, but it's given me the chance to flesh out the lore for these two dragons so I am satisfied all around.

_______
You are
Shadowborn,
my child
4mTLFAP.png
...created when I
breathed life into
Shadow
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22 23