Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | [T] Typos MEGATHREAD!
1 2 ... 222 223 224 225 226 ... 330 331
The random name generator gave me "Shy," but when I tried to accept it told me it wasn't allowed.
The random name generator gave me "Shy," but when I tried to accept it told me it wasn't allowed.
why hello there.
@rndzvs i was able to name a dragon as Shy just fine [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/66121479][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/661215/66121479_350.png[/img][/url]
@rndzvs i was able to name a dragon as Shy just fine
66121479_350.png
horizontal banner that has blue space background, The Arcanist who glows pink, and light pink text that says Thanks Arcanist
Ledi | finland | 10+ fr time | adult | artist & game dev
identity button signifying that user identifies as gayidentity button signifying that user is transgender and uses he pronounsidentity button that signifies that user is autisticidentity button that signifies that user has adhd
@Ralzakark huh you're right, I just named two dragons "Shy" one from a renaming scroll and one from an unnamed dragon, maybe it has something to do with the randomizer specifically? I could have sworn it gave me an error :0c
@Ralzakark huh you're right, I just named two dragons "Shy" one from a renaming scroll and one from an unnamed dragon, maybe it has something to do with the randomizer specifically? I could have sworn it gave me an error :0c
why hello there.
[quote name="Tserin" date="2021-02-07 16:34:30" ] [item=vista: grimoire] pls, a correction to grimoire? as a treat? [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/289298877566287874/808133520047210526/unknown.png[/img] [/quote] Thank you for the report. This has been corrected! [quote name="Denial" date="2021-02-08 04:56:58" ] I am not 100% certain if this belongs here, but I believe I've seen similar reports here earlier. The apparel items Ruby Daredevil Cover, Brown Daredevil Cover and Violet Daredevil Cover are very clearly parts of the same set, but their descriptions are not quite consistent: [item=Brown Daredevil Cover][item=Ruby Daredevil Cover][item=Violet Daredevil Cover] Brown: "...the wearer of this [b]eye cover[/b] [b]gains[/b]..." Ruby: "...the wearer of this [b]mask[/b] [b]is granted[/b]..." Violet: "...the wearer of this [b]mask[/b] [b]will be granted[/b]..." Even if the use of different verbs/tenses is intentional, having "eye cover" in one and "mask" in both of the others is a little inconsistent. (Also while we're here, the "his or her vision" part could more simply be written as "their vision", to get on with the times.) [/quote] Thank you for the report. We do not consider this a bug or typo, so it will remain unchanged. [quote name="rndzvs" date="2021-02-09 14:19:46" ] The random name generator gave me "Shy," but when I tried to accept it told me it wasn't allowed. [/quote] This has been corrected. Shy is an allowed name, but it looks like the random name generator had "shy" entered with one space after it, and spaces are not allowed! [quote name="NightRising" date="2021-01-28 18:45:08" ] [i]Extremely[/i] small error but under the description of the Flight Rising Discussion it's missing a period, whereas all the other forum descriptions have periods. [center][img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/251411049734078467/804542524903260240/unknown.png[/img] [/quote] Thank you for the report. As this is a part of the programming of the site and not a line of data I can modify on my own, I am unable to correct this. I have forwarded this onto the engineers, who work with the programming! [quote name="MayMallard" date="2021-01-24 07:33:10" ] Ethereal Trickster This skin is not named with the typical format. It should be “Skin: Ethereal Trickster” rather than “Ethereal Trickster” [/quote] Thank you. This has been corrected. [quote name="Keeye" date="2021-01-22 10:43:59" ] sticky webbing says "craftsman" instead of the plural "craftsmen" [item=Sticky Webbing] [/quote] This has been corrected. Thank you for the report. [quote name="Goldenflame23" date="2021-01-19 09:54:36" ] [item=black and white flair scarf] It should have a space between the 'black,[]white' [/quote] Thank you. This has been corrected. [quote name="Keeye" date="2021-01-18 18:25:51" ] [item=Sorcerer's Tatters] Sorcerer's Tatters is missing punctuation at the end, and "set" shouldn't really be capitalized [/quote] This has been corrected. Thank you for bringing it up. [quote name="l1ght" date="2021-01-18 15:52:52" ] when you cancel an auction, it says 'the auction has been canceled'. it should be cancelled, not canceled [/quote] Thank you for the report. We do not consider this a typo. [quote name="Keeye" date="2021-01-11 17:48:54" ] not exactly a typo but the gem article still says you can only pay with paypal, and you can do credit card now https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=79 [/quote] Thank you. This has been corrected. [quote name="Aristene" date="2021-01-11 15:42:03" ] [img]https://i.imgur.com/8n7Hucz.png[/img] A typo chest from the Mire - no space between Brilliant and Psywurm. [/quote] Thank you for the report. This is not considered a typo. Each item in Flight Rising (aside from skins) must have a unique name so they can be searched in the database and linked in the forums. We already had a Brilliant Psywurm Crate, so the second had to have a unique name, hence the contracted version! [quote name="Blacksail" date="2021-01-11 03:07:52" ] Hello there I have found another typo. This time it is for a material and ore. It is for Andesine. It says in the tooltip box (excuse the quote marks) "beautiful in the raw or when polished." When it should say "Beautiful in the raw or polished form. " [/quote] I don't know if another admin got to this before me or not, but it appears to be fully capitalized when I look at its text field. [item=andesine] [quote name="SpiritTheDragon" date="2021-01-09 05:16:02" ] [img]https://i.imgur.com/NOhDJpj.png[/img] found this little typo (the word docile) while looking at item descriptions [/quote] Wow, that one must have been around for a while. The first year Flight Rising's tooltips didn't handle special characters well. I don't think this was ever updated! It should be corrected now. [quote name="lopsidedhead" date="2021-01-08 02:16:32" ] The Respectable Alabaster Armoire has a weird symbol in its tooltip. [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/700500320546979910/797045578071801916/unknown.png[/img] [/quote] I don't know if another admin got to this before me or not, but the text field looked correct when I went to edit it. I deleted and reentered it for good measure in case there was some invisible character there I wasn't seeing. [quote name="snugglebug" date="2021-01-05 01:57:52" ] [item=Wraped Turquoise Chest] [skin=28489] the skin is called WrappedTurqouoise while the chest is called Wraped Turquoise Chest. note the missing p. [/quote] Thank you for the report. This has been corrected. [quote name="SyconSenti" date="2021-01-03 00:49:20" ] Tomo's got a typo. [img]https://i.imgur.com/XlIvzeM.png[/img] "Secdonary" [/quote] Thank you. This is corrected now. [quote name="Ceruleanfire" date="2021-01-02 21:46:20" ] Just happened to notice this while browsing through skins, but the tooltip of [item=Accent: Death by Flower] has a stray " before Greenskeeper Gathering. "Greenskeeper Gathering 2019. (7/14) Designed by RubieKanary[/quote] Thank you for the report. This has been corrected, but it may take up to an hour for the site's internal cache to show the changes. [quote name="spiderwick" date="2020-12-28 13:38:11" ] Q: My design was approved, but its name is partly cut off on the site. What can I do? Skins names have a maximum character limit of 32, which included the ‘Skin: ‘ and ‘Accent: ‘ designation at the beginning. Nitpicky, but shouldn't it be "which includes"? <3 this was on the skins and accents creation page [/quote] Thank you. This has been corrected. [quote name="Nyne" date="2020-12-27 16:28:57" ] HEY I dont know if this is the right spot to put this, but! [item=Butter Caiman] [quote][i]This species of caiman got its milky coloration from keeping to dark underground rivers. (Colored by [u]AlpineHell[/u].)[/quote] "AlpineHell" should now be "Nyne" - I changed my username and totally forgot that the Butter Caiman tooltip still has my old one [emoji=coatl tongue size=1] [/quote] Haha, yeah, they don't auto-change. Updated! [quote name="CrystalDragon14" date="2020-12-26 20:32:21" ] These items are correctly spelled 'smoky' [item=smoky quartz][item=smoky bantam fangar][item=hip smoky frames] Whereas, these items are spelled 'Smokey' [item=smoky gyre crate][item=smoky sphere] [u]Smoky is an adjective and Smok[b]e[/b]y is a proper noun[/u] (for a bear or something). In this case, all these items should be 'smoky', except maybe the crate which I can't be bothered to check right now, although the sphere is definitely wrong. [/quote] THank you for the report. These have been standardized.
Tserin wrote on 2021-02-07 16:34:30:
Vista: Grimoire
pls, a correction to grimoire? as a treat? unknown.png

Thank you for the report. This has been corrected!

Denial wrote on 2021-02-08 04:56:58:
I am not 100% certain if this belongs here, but I believe I've seen similar reports here earlier. The apparel items Ruby Daredevil Cover, Brown Daredevil Cover and Violet Daredevil Cover are very clearly parts of the same set, but their descriptions are not quite consistent:

Brown Daredevil Cover Ruby Daredevil Cover Violet Daredevil Cover

Brown: "...the wearer of this eye cover gains..."
Ruby: "...the wearer of this mask is granted..."
Violet: "...the wearer of this mask will be granted..."

Even if the use of different verbs/tenses is intentional, having "eye cover" in one and "mask" in both of the others is a little inconsistent.

(Also while we're here, the "his or her vision" part could more simply be written as "their vision", to get on with the times.)

Thank you for the report. We do not consider this a bug or typo, so it will remain unchanged.
rndzvs wrote on 2021-02-09 14:19:46:

This has been corrected. Shy is an allowed name, but it looks like the random name generator had "shy" entered with one space after it, and spaces are not allowed!

NightRising wrote on 2021-01-28 18:45:08:
Extremely small error but under the description of the Flight Rising Discussion it's missing a period, whereas all the other forum descriptions have periods.
unknown.png

Thank you for the report. As this is a part of the programming of the site and not a line of data I can modify on my own, I am unable to correct this. I have forwarded this onto the engineers, who work with the programming!
MayMallard wrote on 2021-01-24 07:33:10:
Ethereal Trickster
This skin is not named with the typical format. It should be “Skin: Ethereal Trickster” rather than “Ethereal Trickster”

Thank you. This has been corrected.

Keeye wrote on 2021-01-22 10:43:59:
sticky webbing says "craftsman" instead of the plural "craftsmen"
Sticky Webbing

This has been corrected. Thank you for the report.
Goldenflame23 wrote on 2021-01-19 09:54:36:
Black and White Flair Scarf

It should have a space between the 'black,[]white'

Keeye wrote on 2021-01-18 18:25:51:
Sorcerer's Tatters
Sorcerer's Tatters is missing punctuation at the end, and "set" shouldn't really be capitalized

This has been corrected. Thank you for bringing it up.

l1ght wrote on 2021-01-18 15:52:52:
when you cancel an auction, it says 'the auction has been canceled'. it should be cancelled, not canceled

Thank you for the report. We do not consider this a typo.

Keeye wrote on 2021-01-11 17:48:54:
not exactly a typo but the gem article still says you can only pay with paypal, and you can do credit card now
https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=79

Aristene wrote on 2021-01-11 15:42:03:
8n7Hucz.png
A typo chest from the Mire - no space between Brilliant and Psywurm.

Thank you for the report. This is not considered a typo. Each item in Flight Rising (aside from skins) must have a unique name so they can be searched in the database and linked in the forums. We already had a Brilliant Psywurm Crate, so the second had to have a unique name, hence the contracted version!
Blacksail wrote on 2021-01-11 03:07:52:
Hello there I have found another typo. This time it is for a material and ore. It is for Andesine. It says in the tooltip box (excuse the quote marks) "beautiful in the raw or when polished." When it should say "Beautiful in the raw or polished form. "

I don't know if another admin got to this before me or not, but it appears to be fully capitalized when I look at its text field.

Andesine
SpiritTheDragon wrote on 2021-01-09 05:16:02:
NOhDJpj.png

found this little typo (the word docile) while looking at item descriptions

Wow, that one must have been around for a while. The first year Flight Rising's tooltips didn't handle special characters well. I don't think this was ever updated! It should be corrected now.
lopsidedhead wrote on 2021-01-08 02:16:32:
The Respectable Alabaster Armoire has a weird symbol in its tooltip.

unknown.png

I don't know if another admin got to this before me or not, but the text field looked correct when I went to edit it. I deleted and reentered it for good measure in case there was some invisible character there I wasn't seeing.
snugglebug wrote on 2021-01-05 01:57:52:

the skin is called WrappedTurqouoise while the chest is called Wraped Turquoise Chest. note the missing p.

Thank you for the report. This has been corrected.
SyconSenti wrote on 2021-01-03 00:49:20:
Tomo's got a typo.
XlIvzeM.png
"Secdonary"

Thank you. This is corrected now.
Ceruleanfire wrote on 2021-01-02 21:46:20:
Just happened to notice this while browsing through skins, but the tooltip of Accent: Death by Flower has a stray " before Greenskeeper Gathering.

"Greenskeeper Gathering 2019. (7/14) Designed by RubieKanary

Thank you for the report. This has been corrected, but it may take up to an hour for the site's internal cache to show the changes.

spiderwick wrote on 2020-12-28 13:38:11:
Q: My design was approved, but its name is partly cut off on the site. What can I do?
Skins names have a maximum character limit of 32, which included the ‘Skin: ‘ and ‘Accent: ‘ designation at the beginning.

Nitpicky, but shouldn't it be "which includes"? <3 this was on the skins and accents creation page

Nyne wrote on 2020-12-27 16:28:57:
HEY I dont know if this is the right spot to put this, but!

Butter Caiman
Quote:
This species of caiman got its milky coloration from keeping to dark underground rivers. (Colored by AlpineHell.)

"AlpineHell" should now be "Nyne" - I changed my username and totally forgot that the Butter Caiman tooltip still has my old one

Haha, yeah, they don't auto-change. Updated!

CrystalDragon14 wrote on 2020-12-26 20:32:21:
These items are correctly spelled 'smoky'
Smoky Quartz Smoky Bantam Fangar Hip Smoky Frames

Whereas, these items are spelled 'Smokey'
Smoky Gyre Crate Smoky Sphere

Smoky is an adjective and Smokey is a proper noun (for a bear or something). In this case, all these items should be 'smoky', except maybe the crate which I can't be bothered to check right now, although the sphere is definitely wrong.

THank you for the report. These have been standardized.
praise for the grimoire fix
praise for the grimoire fix
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
During Night of the Nocturne, the curious kettle enemies have been renamed to curious cauldron, yet remain named curious kettle as a familiar.
During Night of the Nocturne, the curious kettle enemies have been renamed to curious cauldron, yet remain named curious kettle as a familiar.
OvPZsWb.png20211221_214204.png
Apologies if this has been reported already, but Tomo has another typo... [img]https://i.imgur.com/czRx9Ge.png[/img] Should be "All of these", not "All of [b]the[/b] these."
Apologies if this has been reported already, but Tomo has another typo...

czRx9Ge.png

Should be "All of these", not "All of the these."
I don't remember ever seeing this before but... 24H time and PM? [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/403081707659722752/808928518674972682/Screenshot_20210209-211258_Chrome.jpg[/img]
I don't remember ever seeing this before but... 24H time and PM?
Screenshot_20210209-211258_Chrome.jpg
Please Don't ping me to tell me you are not interested.
If I don't provide a price... I probably don't have one. If there's interest, I'll try and think of one for you! Don't worry, you're all set, amigo!
-Sorry if I missed you asking!
[skin=30220][skin=30221][skin=30222][skin=30223][skin=30224][skin=30225][skin=30227][skin=30228][skin=30229][skin=30230][skin=30231][skin=30232][skin=30233] All the Greenskeeper Gathering skins from 2019 (except for Death By Flower, which has already been addressed) have an unnecessary " at the beginning of their description. ----- [item=Electricians Armband] This item's name should have an apostrophe in "Electricians", as the Plague version also has a possessive noun and is written as "Infectionist's Armband". ----- [item=Long-Crested Hippogriff] "...long-crested [b]hippogriffs[/b] adaptability..." The word "hippogriffs" should have an apostrophe at the end to be grammatically correct. ----- [item=Static-Charged Tail Poof] "Soft and Zappy" 'Zappy' shouldn't be capitalized, and the tooltip should end with punctuation (maybe an exclamation mark?) . ----- [item=Swiftstride Soldier] "[b]Centaur[/b] are capable of patrolling large territories. These soldiers ensure trading paths stay safely accessible for the rest of the herd." Should be pluralized as "Centaurs". ----- [item=Writer's Aid] The last sentence in the description has two periods and should probably have three to form an ellipsis.

All the Greenskeeper Gathering skins from 2019 (except for Death By Flower, which has already been addressed) have an unnecessary " at the beginning of their description.

This item's name should have an apostrophe in "Electricians", as the Plague version also has a possessive noun and is written as "Infectionist's Armband".
Long-Crested Hippogriff
"...long-crested hippogriffs adaptability..."

The word "hippogriffs" should have an apostrophe at the end to be grammatically correct.
Static-Charged Tail Poof

"Soft and Zappy"

'Zappy' shouldn't be capitalized, and the tooltip should end with punctuation (maybe an exclamation mark?) .
Swiftstride Soldier
"Centaur are capable of patrolling large territories. These soldiers ensure trading paths stay safely accessible for the rest of the herd."

Should be pluralized as "Centaurs".
Writer's Aid
The last sentence in the description has two periods and should probably have three to form an ellipsis.
tumblr_nknb5ifvlX1s7y9wxo5_100.pngiiadg18.png
In Skoll and Hati's tooltips, Skoll's name is spelled Sk?ll, I'm not sure if that was on purpose though.
In Skoll and Hati's tooltips, Skoll's name is spelled Sk?ll, I'm not sure if that was on purpose though.
c78fb34a-2f8e-11eb-a63c-492b8a503cf7.gif jHSxBWy.png
Ask me about my silly spy shows!
I'm on_a_sunbeam on Artfight!
1 2 ... 222 223 224 225 226 ... 330 331