Bug Report Forums
Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | [T] Typos MEGATHREAD!
1 2 ... 224 225 226 227 228 ... 247 248
Apologies if this has been reported already, but Tomo has another typo... [img]https://i.imgur.com/czRx9Ge.png[/img] Should be "All of these", not "All of [b]the[/b] these."
Apologies if this has been reported already, but Tomo has another typo...

czRx9Ge.png

Should be "All of these", not "All of the these."
I don't remember ever seeing this before but... 24H time and PM? [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/403081707659722752/808928518674972682/Screenshot_20210209-211258_Chrome.jpg[/img]
I don't remember ever seeing this before but... 24H time and PM?
Screenshot_20210209-211258_Chrome.jpg
What's the secret to being stealthy..? ...Uh.. pretty sure you just have to make certain you glow. You're set.
Previous name: S0MBR4

kA1suuu.png
[skin=30220][skin=30221][skin=30222][skin=30223][skin=30224][skin=30225][skin=30227][skin=30228][skin=30229][skin=30230][skin=30231][skin=30232][skin=30233] All the Greenskeeper Gathering skins from 2019 (except for Death By Flower, which has already been addressed) have an unnecessary " at the beginning of their description. ----- [item=Electricians Armband] This item's name should have an apostrophe in "Electricians", as the Plague version also has a possessive noun and is written as "Infectionist's Armband". ----- [item=Long-Crested Hippogriff] "...long-crested [b]hippogriffs[/b] adaptability..." The word "hippogriffs" should have an apostrophe at the end to be grammatically correct. ----- [item=Static-Charged Tail Poof] "Soft and Zappy" 'Zappy' shouldn't be capitalized, and the tooltip should end with punctuation (maybe an exclamation mark?) . ----- [item=Swiftstride Soldier] "[b]Centaur[/b] are capable of patrolling large territories. These soldiers ensure trading paths stay safely accessible for the rest of the herd." Should be pluralized as "Centaurs". ----- [item=Writer's Aid] The last sentence in the description has two periods and should probably have three to form an ellipsis.

All the Greenskeeper Gathering skins from 2019 (except for Death By Flower, which has already been addressed) have an unnecessary " at the beginning of their description.

This item's name should have an apostrophe in "Electricians", as the Plague version also has a possessive noun and is written as "Infectionist's Armband".

"...long-crested hippogriffs adaptability..."

The word "hippogriffs" should have an apostrophe at the end to be grammatically correct.

"Soft and Zappy"

'Zappy' shouldn't be capitalized, and the tooltip should end with punctuation (maybe an exclamation mark?) .

"Centaur are capable of patrolling large territories. These soldiers ensure trading paths stay safely accessible for the rest of the herd."

Should be pluralized as "Centaurs".

The last sentence in the description has two periods and should probably have three to form an ellipsis.
tumblr_nknb5ifvlX1s7y9wxo5_100.pngoIdIQQ2.png
In Skoll and Hati's tooltips, Skoll's name is spelled Sk?ll, I'm not sure if that was on purpose though.
In Skoll and Hati's tooltips, Skoll's name is spelled Sk?ll, I'm not sure if that was on purpose though.
pr7Tort.png c78fb34a-2f8e-11eb-a63c-492b8a503cf7.gif
@Goldsilk The o in Skoll is meant to have an umlaut, but it doesn't show up in the tooltip.
@Goldsilk The o in Skoll is meant to have an umlaut, but it doesn't show up in the tooltip.
If staff is concerned about having a singular they in the daredevil mask tooltips it could be written as "(it is said that) Wearers of this mask will be granted x in exchange for their eyesight"
If staff is concerned about having a singular they in the daredevil mask tooltips it could be written as "(it is said that) Wearers of this mask will be granted x in exchange for their eyesight"
Jay
She/they
Ping me I don't bite
aromantic-bisexual-bands-love-is-love.png
[quote name="mudwomb" date="2020-04-05 14:57:31" ] [item=Accent:Fake Out] the accent "Fake Out" is listed as [b]Accent:Fake Out[/b], as opposed to [b]Accent: Fake Out[/b] - missing a space. [/quote] I went to see if this was reported and it looks like it! Seeing the mention of typos in skin/accent titles in the latest wave had me thinking about it again so I wanted to give this a boop since it affects searching for it in the AH (and I assume the DB too)
mudwomb wrote on 2020-04-05 14:57:31:

the accent "Fake Out" is listed as Accent:Fake Out, as opposed to Accent: Fake Out - missing a space.

I went to see if this was reported and it looks like it! Seeing the mention of typos in skin/accent titles in the latest wave had me thinking about it again so I wanted to give this a boop since it affects searching for it in the AH (and I assume the DB too)
Alpha :: FR+0
they/them or
he/him please!

tumblr_inline_ojq6kyaRlG1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kvO0vd1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kzLZx61r2ao8y_540.png
_____ vxsLSdd.png __ ° Wishlist
° Badges
° Clan Exalter
° Scatter Quest
° UMs for Sale
__ ° Hug Moist?
° Moistling Sales
° Nest Rentals
° SIDHA
° Countdown to...
__ TTTYQHv.png 1XIVewE.gif
[quote name="BlueJaysFeather" date="2021-02-10 07:59:38" ] If staff is concerned about having a singular they in the daredevil mask tooltips it could be written as "(it is said that) Wearers of this mask will be granted x in exchange for their eyesight" [/quote] Oh that's not a bad idea. Yeah I do agree changing "his or hers" to "their" (singular or plural) would be a good change, even if not a typo
BlueJaysFeather wrote on 2021-02-10 07:59:38:

Oh that's not a bad idea. Yeah I do agree changing "his or hers" to "their" (singular or plural) would be a good change, even if not a typo
Alpha :: FR+0
they/them or
he/him please!

tumblr_inline_ojq6kyaRlG1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kvO0vd1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kzLZx61r2ao8y_540.png
_____ vxsLSdd.png __ ° Wishlist
° Badges
° Clan Exalter
° Scatter Quest
° UMs for Sale
__ ° Hug Moist?
° Moistling Sales
° Nest Rentals
° SIDHA
° Countdown to...
__ TTTYQHv.png 1XIVewE.gif
[quote name="Undel" date="2021-02-09 16:36:05" ] [quote name="Blacksail" date="2021-01-11 03:07:52" ] Hello there I have found another typo. This time it is for a material and ore. It is for Andesine. It says in the tooltip box (excuse the quote marks) "beautiful in the raw or when polished." When it should say "Beautiful in the raw or polished form. " [/quote] I don't know if another admin got to this before me or not, but it appears to be fully capitalized when I look at its text field. [item=andesine] [/quote] Forgive me if I'm incorrect, but I think Blacksail is pointing out a grammatical error, not a capitalization error. The description reads a bit odd to me, too. Another suggestion for wording could be: "Beautiful in its raw form or when polished."
Undel wrote on 2021-02-09 16:36:05:
Blacksail wrote on 2021-01-11 03:07:52:
Hello there I have found another typo. This time it is for a material and ore. It is for Andesine. It says in the tooltip box (excuse the quote marks) "beautiful in the raw or when polished." When it should say "Beautiful in the raw or polished form. "

I don't know if another admin got to this before me or not, but it appears to be fully capitalized when I look at its text field.

Forgive me if I'm incorrect, but I think Blacksail is pointing out a grammatical error, not a capitalization error. The description reads a bit odd to me, too.

Another suggestion for wording could be:
"Beautiful in its raw form or when polished."
7862891.png ___
Winged
She/her
FR +3
I love pings c:
____ 51027181.png
[img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/778762915909861396/809140378560888892/unknown.png[/img] Shouldnt Ridgeback also be formatted like "Ridgeback Dragons"?
unknown.png

Shouldnt Ridgeback also be formatted like "Ridgeback Dragons"?
Sherbert_on_a_string_tiny.png Want a worm on a string? CMY_worm_tiny.png
1 2 ... 224 225 226 227 228 ... 247 248