Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Scroll down menus dysfunction
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
UPDATE: WHAT WE KNOW SO FAR

This is an issue overwhelmingly happening on latest versions of Chrome on Android(1)(2). It's got something to do with the ads on the site - waiting for the ads to load should solve most of the problems.(3)

As of Nov 23rd 2022 it seems loading the ads no longer solves the issue.

(1) There is so far a single user who isn't using these and has this issue.
(2) A single user reported reverting to an older version of the app fixed the issue.
(3) Waiting for the advertisements to full load in has not solved the issue on my end but greatly lessened it.

Since this morning (about two hours ago, so say 04:00 server time approx, oct 29th) I've had issues with scroll down menus. I haven't found a pattern yet but the same issues always pop up.
  • Clicking on the menu doesn't open it.
  • When open, the menu closes immediately.
  • When opening the menu and scrolling to pick an option, picking an option closes the menu without actually selecting.

This has happened on the following menus:
  • Auction house dragon options
  • Scrying workshop dragon options
  • Breeding screen selection

I have also observed issues with the Gathering buttons, although due to a limited amount of times I could click it, I couldn't find any patterns or even confirm it was a site dysfunction VS the usual JS loading pile of bull.

I am on Chrome mobile browser on Android. I use the default site view. This issue has never popped up before. I've been solving it by just clicking repeatedly until it works. Usually takes about four times to be able to select the menu option I want, repeat per menu option. I think I've listed all the information I can but do ask if I can provide anything else, thank you:)
UPDATE: WHAT WE KNOW SO FAR

This is an issue overwhelmingly happening on latest versions of Chrome on Android(1)(2). It's got something to do with the ads on the site - waiting for the ads to load should solve most of the problems.(3)

As of Nov 23rd 2022 it seems loading the ads no longer solves the issue.

(1) There is so far a single user who isn't using these and has this issue.
(2) A single user reported reverting to an older version of the app fixed the issue.
(3) Waiting for the advertisements to full load in has not solved the issue on my end but greatly lessened it.

Since this morning (about two hours ago, so say 04:00 server time approx, oct 29th) I've had issues with scroll down menus. I haven't found a pattern yet but the same issues always pop up.
  • Clicking on the menu doesn't open it.
  • When open, the menu closes immediately.
  • When opening the menu and scrolling to pick an option, picking an option closes the menu without actually selecting.

This has happened on the following menus:
  • Auction house dragon options
  • Scrying workshop dragon options
  • Breeding screen selection

I have also observed issues with the Gathering buttons, although due to a limited amount of times I could click it, I couldn't find any patterns or even confirm it was a site dysfunction VS the usual JS loading pile of bull.

I am on Chrome mobile browser on Android. I use the default site view. This issue has never popped up before. I've been solving it by just clicking repeatedly until it works. Usually takes about four times to be able to select the menu option I want, repeat per menu option. I think I've listed all the information I can but do ask if I can provide anything else, thank you:)
Aquatic Relic __ lore I + lore II
outfit gallery
wishlist
lair quest!
Need a water nest? Send me a CR, no payment required!
@Sehti try seeing if there are updates available for your device or the browser. these dropdown menus and their functionality largely depends on browser and device (like i have default ios dropdown menus, and if they break, apple would be the one to blame)
@Sehti try seeing if there are updates available for your device or the browser. these dropdown menus and their functionality largely depends on browser and device (like i have default ios dropdown menus, and if they break, apple would be the one to blame)
horizontal banner that has blue space background, The Arcanist who glows pink, and light pink text that says Thanks Arcanist
Ledi | finland | 10+ fr time | adult | artist & game dev
identity button signifying that user identifies as gayidentity button signifying that user is transgender and uses he pronounsidentity button that signifies that user is autisticidentity button that signifies that user has adhd
@Sehti I am experiencing this same problem and it is also happening with the dragon search menus. Thank you for describing it so well, I wasn't sure how to explain the issue.

I am using Chrome on Android too, and don't have any updates available.
@Sehti I am experiencing this same problem and it is also happening with the dragon search menus. Thank you for describing it so well, I wasn't sure how to explain the issue.

I am using Chrome on Android too, and don't have any updates available.
bleeding_heart_crow_zpsgjexwlqx_by_delamire-d8sw2sc.gif
@Ralzakark and @Petrichord thank you for your responses!

Day two and the problem persists. I have no updates. The problem has changed, though, instead of being seemingly random, I can click the first time normally, and after that it bugs out. On the bugged out instances, it always does the following:
  • First click doesn't open.
  • Second click opens and then closes immediately.
  • Third click doesn't open but the menu appears selected while closed.
  • Fourth click opens and works normally.

It hasn't closed mid scroll yet which is an improvement. Still a bit annoying!
@Ralzakark and @Petrichord thank you for your responses!

Day two and the problem persists. I have no updates. The problem has changed, though, instead of being seemingly random, I can click the first time normally, and after that it bugs out. On the bugged out instances, it always does the following:
  • First click doesn't open.
  • Second click opens and then closes immediately.
  • Third click doesn't open but the menu appears selected while closed.
  • Fourth click opens and works normally.

It hasn't closed mid scroll yet which is an improvement. Still a bit annoying!
outfit gallery
wishlist
lair quest!
Issues still persisting.
Issues still persisting.
outfit gallery
wishlist
lair quest!
Oh my gosh I'm experiencing the same problem, any drop down menu refuses to open except for the 4th try. Rather annoying when you are checking multiple things on the ah.

And when I'm talking about any drop down menu, I mean all of them, nesting grounds to pick the parents, in hoard searching, when changing where your gathering in gathering, changing searches in the bestiary... etc etc. Nothing is working on the first try and requires several times to open it.
Oh my gosh I'm experiencing the same problem, any drop down menu refuses to open except for the 4th try. Rather annoying when you are checking multiple things on the ah.

And when I'm talking about any drop down menu, I mean all of them, nesting grounds to pick the parents, in hoard searching, when changing where your gathering in gathering, changing searches in the bestiary... etc etc. Nothing is working on the first try and requires several times to open it.
The same thing has been happening to me as well. It is....a time in the scrying workshop but I've seen it happening everywhere else as well. Basically the same experience of

-First click doesn't open.
-Second click opens and then closes immediately.
-Third click doesn't open but the menu appears selected while closed.
-Fourth click opens and works normally.
The same thing has been happening to me as well. It is....a time in the scrying workshop but I've seen it happening everywhere else as well. Basically the same experience of

-First click doesn't open.
-Second click opens and then closes immediately.
-Third click doesn't open but the menu appears selected while closed.
-Fourth click opens and works normally.
_____________________de04wi7-e15cbe6d-723c-4692-a70d-000c2011b077.png
MLVstwC.png»Astareai«MLVstwC.png
»She/they
»Fr +1
»Wishlist

»Writing shop
Untitled259_20220418143828.pngUntitled259_20220418143739.pngtumblr_inline_oorkq5PhqT1u5ynwc_540.pngUntitled259_20220418143706.pngUntitled258_20220418143603.png
de04wi7-e15cbe6d-723c-4692-a70d-000c2011b077.png
d66ef782d26f42a568d484c3db1ec2db244e4158.gif
Issues persisting this morning - exactly as what @Astareai described
Issues persisting this morning - exactly as what @Astareai described
outfit gallery
wishlist
lair quest!
I have been having this exact same issue, also Chrome on Android, and it started for me at the same time. I thought it was my phone at first, but have since updated my phone itself and done all of the usual options for Chrome (cookies, cache, ensured it is updated, full reinstall), with no improvement.

I have also discovered the exact same issue if I open a link to FR through the Discord app and use the built-in browser. I am unsure if that is truly a separate browser or just opening another instance of Chrome, but I thought it may be worth mentioning.
I have been having this exact same issue, also Chrome on Android, and it started for me at the same time. I thought it was my phone at first, but have since updated my phone itself and done all of the usual options for Chrome (cookies, cache, ensured it is updated, full reinstall), with no improvement.

I have also discovered the exact same issue if I open a link to FR through the Discord app and use the built-in browser. I am unsure if that is truly a separate browser or just opening another instance of Chrome, but I thought it may be worth mentioning.
Image ID: Animated pixel art of the clan leader and custom progen, Purble. She is a female tundra, with the genes purple swirl, purple marbled, and maize underbelly. Her eyes are water common. She is seated on a grassy patch with one paw raised, blinking and flicking her tail on occasion. The wind rustles her fur, and the grass surrounding her. A signpost is beside her, with three arrows pointing different directions. The signs read Vin, She/Her, and FR +3. End ID.
Having the same issue, using chrome on a Pixel! A very similar issue minus the part where you select an option and it doesn't respond happened a few years ago, and I'm dreading it being back around, makes every drop-down menu a massive pain!
Having the same issue, using chrome on a Pixel! A very similar issue minus the part where you select an option and it doesn't respond happened a few years ago, and I'm dreading it being back around, makes every drop-down menu a massive pain!
01547b70441cd57956c9fa35703052f03d2c34b2.png _ LP/Parade
She/Her
FR+3

Art Shop
Skin Shop
Free Likes
Bounties
__ LittleParade.gif _
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13