Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Scroll down menus dysfunction
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
This might not help much, but I’m having no issues with Safari on iPhone system
This might not help much, but I’m having no issues with Safari on iPhone system
rsz-lorwolf-banner.png
[quote]i'm having this same issue on chrome on my android and on firefox on desktop. it's very annoying.[/quote] @skinklegs This is the first report I've seen of it happening outside of a Chrome + Android setup. Is the bug exactly the same as what you see on your phone? Can you share any other info about your desktop setup, such as OS and Firefox version? Thanks!
Quote:
i'm having this same issue on chrome on my android and on firefox on desktop. it's very annoying.

@skinklegs This is the first report I've seen of it happening outside of a Chrome + Android setup.

Is the bug exactly the same as what you see on your phone? Can you share any other info about your desktop setup, such as OS and Firefox version? Thanks!
~ Flight Rising Engineering Team ~
- Do you want to hear what I said again? Hoot hoot!

Flight Rising
Knowledge Base

Flight Rising Rules & Policies
@Kaepora yeah! it seems like the exact same problem. parts of the website have been slow to load/respond on my laptop for a few months now so it could be a symptom of that vs whatever's causing the problem on android, but i started noticing it on desktop at the same time i noticed it on my phone. it's more persistent on the phone.

i'm on windows 10 with firefox 106.0.5.
@Kaepora yeah! it seems like the exact same problem. parts of the website have been slow to load/respond on my laptop for a few months now so it could be a symptom of that vs whatever's causing the problem on android, but i started noticing it on desktop at the same time i noticed it on my phone. it's more persistent on the phone.

i'm on windows 10 with firefox 106.0.5.
qLQeTFk.gif
xxxxx
ARAxlYW.png
oxDm2Un.png
FObX7rS.png
nWiQNX9.png
mlHpBMC.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
xxxxx 9121892.png
Just to chime in, I’ve not had this problem on my iPhone running Brave, a Chromium browser. My Windows 10 laptop runs Firefox and I haven’t had any issues with menus there either. Haven’t been on my laptop in two days and don’t have access to it at the moment, but I can update with the exact Firefox version tomorrow if that’d help out with troubleshooting. Not sure if it matters, but I run adblockers on both my phone and laptop.
Just to chime in, I’ve not had this problem on my iPhone running Brave, a Chromium browser. My Windows 10 laptop runs Firefox and I haven’t had any issues with menus there either. Haven’t been on my laptop in two days and don’t have access to it at the moment, but I can update with the exact Firefox version tomorrow if that’d help out with troubleshooting. Not sure if it matters, but I run adblockers on both my phone and laptop.
Gj97yvC.png
just wanted to pop in with my personal experience; I'm not experiencing this problem on my laptop (Windows 10 using up-to-date Firefox with Ublock Origin installed) and haven't noticed it on my phone (Huawei phone using either Chrome or Discord's built-in browser without adblockers). I don't play FR on my phone most of the time though, so that might not be very helpful.
just wanted to pop in with my personal experience; I'm not experiencing this problem on my laptop (Windows 10 using up-to-date Firefox with Ublock Origin installed) and haven't noticed it on my phone (Huawei phone using either Chrome or Discord's built-in browser without adblockers). I don't play FR on my phone most of the time though, so that might not be very helpful.
Imagining dragons...

Lucky - HxcMlGn.png - JrEJc4j.png
fanfiction writer and chronic daydreamer - uPNWHgD.png

EHXIkb0.png
To chime in, I have this issue on Chrome Android (Pixel), consistent with what others have said:
- It happens on every site dropdown that I've come across.
- I've tried it on another petsite with long dropdowns and don't have the same issue. (That petsite doesn't have ads.)
- If I wait for the ads to load, it works fine.

I haven't experienced any issues on desktop Firefox, but I use an adblocker.
To chime in, I have this issue on Chrome Android (Pixel), consistent with what others have said:
- It happens on every site dropdown that I've come across.
- I've tried it on another petsite with long dropdowns and don't have the same issue. (That petsite doesn't have ads.)
- If I wait for the ads to load, it works fine.

I haven't experienced any issues on desktop Firefox, but I use an adblocker.
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
I am also having this problem on my laptop and phone, Windows 11 + Chrome v. 107.0.5304.107 and Android + Chrome. (I assume the same version)

I can't say that I've noticed it on other sites mainly because I dont really use anything else that uses dropdowns. I am using an adblocker on my laptop though.
I am also having this problem on my laptop and phone, Windows 11 + Chrome v. 107.0.5304.107 and Android + Chrome. (I assume the same version)

I can't say that I've noticed it on other sites mainly because I dont really use anything else that uses dropdowns. I am using an adblocker on my laptop though.
red lizard from rain world

» Formerly Ceruleanfire, Springfire
» She/Her
» +2 FR Time || Pings welcome!
I have the same issue, Chrome on Pixel phone/android, thought it was my phone acting up this last week.
It works fine on my tablet.
I have the same issue, Chrome on Pixel phone/android, thought it was my phone acting up this last week.
It works fine on my tablet.
................ .. ........... .. ...................... ..

FjAzjY1.png79042531_v32.png
@Kaepora thank you for keeping an eye on this, here are some answers to your questions:

Does this happen on every dropdown on the site? If not, what select menus are okay?
Yes.

Does this happen on any other sites that use select menus? Preferably, we're looking for sites that have long menus.
I have not seen this, but take this information with a grain of salt, as I don't really use other sites with drop down menus.

Has anyone using NON-Android hardware had this issue?

Has anyone on Android seen this issue while using FireFox or any browser other than Chrome? Note: Chrome includes mini browsers opened by secondary apps.

For those experiencing the problem, what happens if you pause a significant time after the initial menu click/touch? Does the menu eventually pop up?
I've tested this in adjunction to the ad thing, and it does help, but isn't a 100% fix. Additionally, waiting for the ads to load took a long time - for a few seconds after the page loaded, the ad bar displayed as empty (which I've seen happen a few times and assumed was just one of these) before finally loading the ad. Additionally, that "empty" screen also shows up between two ads, and this is the first time I've ever noticed this. I've used this website on and off for years and never saw ads take this long to load up.

So: yes, waiting a significant amount of time does work. There are times where it didn't so it's not a perfect fix, but most time it does.
@Kaepora thank you for keeping an eye on this, here are some answers to your questions:

Does this happen on every dropdown on the site? If not, what select menus are okay?
Yes.

Does this happen on any other sites that use select menus? Preferably, we're looking for sites that have long menus.
I have not seen this, but take this information with a grain of salt, as I don't really use other sites with drop down menus.

Has anyone using NON-Android hardware had this issue?

Has anyone on Android seen this issue while using FireFox or any browser other than Chrome? Note: Chrome includes mini browsers opened by secondary apps.

For those experiencing the problem, what happens if you pause a significant time after the initial menu click/touch? Does the menu eventually pop up?
I've tested this in adjunction to the ad thing, and it does help, but isn't a 100% fix. Additionally, waiting for the ads to load took a long time - for a few seconds after the page loaded, the ad bar displayed as empty (which I've seen happen a few times and assumed was just one of these) before finally loading the ad. Additionally, that "empty" screen also shows up between two ads, and this is the first time I've ever noticed this. I've used this website on and off for years and never saw ads take this long to load up.

So: yes, waiting a significant amount of time does work. There are times where it didn't so it's not a perfect fix, but most time it does.
Aquatic Relic __ lore I + lore II
outfit gallery
wishlist
lair quest!
Need a water nest? Send me a CR, no payment required!
Having had an agonizing experience with extended time in the scryshop without refreshing the page I'm 1000% certain the ads are doing it.

Every time they reloaded/changed it would restart the bug, including closing out dropdown menus I was actively in and making them unclickable for a while while the new ones loaded. And they change a lot, even writing this post they changed no less than 6 times.
Having had an agonizing experience with extended time in the scryshop without refreshing the page I'm 1000% certain the ads are doing it.

Every time they reloaded/changed it would restart the bug, including closing out dropdown menus I was actively in and making them unclickable for a while while the new ones loaded. And they change a lot, even writing this post they changed no less than 6 times.
vDH0pGc.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13