Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: 2022 Goals
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 26 27
[quote name="papi" date="2022-01-10 13:27:50" ] i'm too gay and missing too many braincells to understand any of that coding talk, but thank you for being transparent! [/quote] lol same
papi wrote on 2022-01-10 13:27:50:
i'm too gay and missing too many braincells to understand any of that coding talk, but thank you for being transparent!
lol same
15584.png >>Shiver
>>They/She
>>Avatar Dragon
Really happy to hear this. I'd been worried FR was just never going to bother doing new things. I'd keep visiting the site now and then for years but nothing new seemed to happen.

Also thank you for explaining the reason why! Love this team.
Really happy to hear this. I'd been worried FR was just never going to bother doing new things. I'd keep visiting the site now and then for years but nothing new seemed to happen.

Also thank you for explaining the reason why! Love this team.
» Ping friendly
................................................................. Bb8deOg.png
Definitely a good call on the team's part, keeping up with two separate codebases has to be an absolute nightmare. Wishing all the programmers the best of luck, hope you guys can put this behind you soon!
Definitely a good call on the team's part, keeping up with two separate codebases has to be an absolute nightmare. Wishing all the programmers the best of luck, hope you guys can put this behind you soon!
~~ Call me Beato!
MUYNhfy.png
v2PJF9u.png
Aswnqzl.png

FObX7rS.png
7UXlQKU.gif
WyzHFF3.gif glnLzx2.gif WyzHFF3.gif wtae0IEm_o.pngxb40JV1.png
Hey, do what you gotta do. This will help you avoid exactly the pitfall Neopets fell into, where most of their site used outdated systems, but they were so focused on producing a constant stream of new content that they never updated, and at this point there's just too much for any sort of update to be feasible anymore and half the site is completely broken. The more uniform and up to date your code is, the easier of a time your programmers will have going forward. We can wait a little for new stuff while you focus on fine-tuning the back end.
Hey, do what you gotta do. This will help you avoid exactly the pitfall Neopets fell into, where most of their site used outdated systems, but they were so focused on producing a constant stream of new content that they never updated, and at this point there's just too much for any sort of update to be feasible anymore and half the site is completely broken. The more uniform and up to date your code is, the easier of a time your programmers will have going forward. We can wait a little for new stuff while you focus on fine-tuning the back end.
doFoi94.png
[quote name="Shiver" date="2022-01-10 13:55:19" ] [quote name="papi" date="2022-01-10 13:27:50" ] i'm too gay and missing too many braincells to understand any of that coding talk, but thank you for being transparent! [/quote] lol same [/quote] Yeah I don't quite get the distinction going on, but it sounds like there's a plan in place!
Shiver wrote on 2022-01-10 13:55:19:
papi wrote on 2022-01-10 13:27:50:
i'm too gay and missing too many braincells to understand any of that coding talk, but thank you for being transparent!
lol same
Yeah I don't quite get the distinction going on, but it sounds like there's a plan in place!
uCR5SCW.png
I'd like to give my thanks for all your continued efforts and hard work, two times as much work!! This site is a wonderful and beloved place that's helped me and brought so much joy these years I've been here!
I'd like to give my thanks for all your continued efforts and hard work, two times as much work!! This site is a wonderful and beloved place that's helped me and brought so much joy these years I've been here!
FObX7rS.png
mlHpBMC.png
MUYNhfy.png
X5HxiG2.png
9mjyPzr.png
I'm buying Midnight/Silver G1s!
c0AqrsL.png
nNNlBBj.png
kncGB4g.gif
KV5d5h7.png
J0opiUV.png LDkMPPP.png
jo4fU6U.png
l8NOdbs.png
d9YLPfe.png
kidVjbL.png 5hF3FGk.png
753hxVX.png
ll0CfnD.png
OPS7bfK.png
thank u for communicating devs <3
thank u for communicating devs <3
tumblr_oswfbivfek1v8lm95o1_75sq.png

tobi/rowan
nBUwvfz.png
d3OF3Gw.png
you can ping me!
tumblr_oswfbivfek1v8lm95o2_75sq.png
im fr time +3 but im on at really weird hours sometimes
credit for the images is in my bio at the bottom
Engineering is the powerhouse of the site!!!

Thank you engineering for all your work so far, and best of luck getting the rest switched over! I believe in you all!!
Engineering is the powerhouse of the site!!!

Thank you engineering for all your work so far, and best of luck getting the rest switched over! I believe in you all!!
tumblr_inline_nbe8duyTA81qg78ij.png5gpVeRL.png
good luck finishing up the rewrites c:
good luck finishing up the rewrites c:
___
Lorie / gemini

FR+8

Tn4TEAZ.png
_
_

__ c6nYENf.png __ dcbbuos.png
Sounds perfectly reasonable, but deities do I hope the PMs get revamped with a search function before everything is put on hold...... :')
Sounds perfectly reasonable, but deities do I hope the PMs get revamped with a search function before everything is put on hold...... :')
  • FR+9
  • 29y/o
  • they/them
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 26 27