Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Distant Horizons
1 2 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 43 44
Ooooooo
Ooooooo
That new scene is beautiful!!!! and more puzzles, yay!!! Thanks :)
That new scene is beautiful!!!! and more puzzles, yay!!! Thanks :)
Gpasq5f.png
[quote name="JuicyPretzels" date="2021-02-08 13:44:17" ] i made the dragon in the picture because I was bored [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=96&bodygene=51&breed=18&element=8&eyetype=8&gender=0&tert=53&tertgene=49&winggene=52&wings=158&auth=3602459c6af05470248efffbbe499304428fcd0a&dummyext=prev.png[/img] the traits are abyss Petals, pumkin spinner and slate porcupine [/quote] A god amongst men!!! A new project to waste all my money on [emoji=wildclaw star size=2]
JuicyPretzels wrote on 2021-02-08 13:44:17:
i made the dragon in the picture because I was bored
dragon?age=0&body=96&bodygene=51&breed=18&element=8&eyetype=8&gender=0&tert=53&tertgene=49&winggene=52&wings=158&auth=3602459c6af05470248efffbbe499304428fcd0a&dummyext=prev.png

the traits are abyss Petals, pumkin spinner and slate porcupine

A god amongst men!!! A new project to waste all my money on
5.jpg
The scene is gorgeous but I don't have any dragons it'd look good on :( I hope we get more scenes in the future, I'm really excited about them.
The scene is gorgeous but I don't have any dragons it'd look good on :( I hope we get more scenes in the future, I'm really excited about them.
PFU56VO.png
[quote name="Syntribus" date="2021-02-08 03:48:49" ] [quote name="LanternFire" date="2021-02-08 00:39:54" ] That's just plain rude. Not every news update can be "new genes! annual holiday! flashy things!" [/quote] I couldn't care less about holiday events, most new genes look bad anyway, and I've never said anything about flashy things, but good job putting words in my mouth. Actual updates, like new game mechanics aren't a priority, of course, because people like you defend them for their laziness. I wouldn't spend time on programming new features either, if I knew that my playerbase gobbles up every trash I serve. [/quote] So. Like what exactly did you have in mind? Introduce a new mechanic or feature like Fiona or the scenes and then never again release any additional content for those great new things? Doesn't that render the new mechanics equally useless?
Syntribus wrote on 2021-02-08 03:48:49:
LanternFire wrote on 2021-02-08 00:39:54:
That's just plain rude. Not every news update can be "new genes! annual holiday! flashy things!"
I couldn't care less about holiday events, most new genes look bad anyway, and I've never said anything about flashy things, but good job putting words in my mouth.

Actual updates, like new game mechanics aren't a priority, of course, because people like you defend them for their laziness. I wouldn't spend time on programming new features either, if I knew that my playerbase gobbles up every trash I serve.
So. Like what exactly did you have in mind? Introduce a new mechanic or feature like Fiona or the scenes and then never again release any additional content for those great new things? Doesn't that render the new mechanics equally useless?
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
Hello FR team! I usually do no bother with the vistas, but, the Vista: Avian Anatomy [i]really[/i] got my attention. I really like it and had to have it. [emoji=new friend size=1] thankyou for making it.
Hello FR team!
I usually do no bother with the vistas, but, the Vista: Avian Anatomy really got my attention. I really like it and had to have it. thankyou for making it.
- - - - - wind-badge-2023 - -
-

Dragons for sale
-· buy a nugget?

-
-- plague-badge-2024-plague-badge-2024
[quote name="LanternFire" date="2021-02-08 11:26:50" ] Why the do you even play this game then if you think so little of it? Sounds like you're taking things a little too seriously. Relax and enjoy the pixel dragons. [/quote] [quote name="Naivety" date="2021-02-08 12:23:53" ] Yeah, youre the one who gobbles trash LOL Sorry i look rude here, but genes are actually needed for the game, even if you dont like them. Also, theres not much of mechanic to be added left. Tbh from what i was spectating, the only thing lacking is multiplayer coliseum. To be fair, genes/scenes are just customization stuff, but without customization you wouldnt have sparkly starcon imperials. Saying this, customization is a good, needed mechanic. Unless you like triple basic mirrors. [/quote] My quoted post does make me seem overdramatic, especially with those vague statements, but I don't see how I'm being too serious. I'm spending time (and ideally money) on this website and all I want in return is something that actually entices me to stay here. I won't go into further detail, since you two blocked me anyway. You should also work on a better comeback next time, even my grandmother could think of a better one. [quote name="Almedha" date="2021-02-08 22:30:50" ] So. Like what exactly did you have in mind? Introduce a new mechanic or feature like Fiona or the scenes and then never again release any additional content for those great new things? Doesn't that render the new mechanics equally useless? [/quote] I must apologise, that was not only poorly phrased, but also misleading and almost plain wrong. You are right, most new features are pretty much useless and get abandoned when the next big thing comes out. In fact, almost all features feel like they could use an overhaul (like the Hoard, Bestiary, etc.) or an expansion, and I would absolutely support those. However, those things weren't the mechanics I thought of. I was thinking of some actual meat to the game, you know? Like the fabled Adventure mode that's totally in the works, or an expansion to the coliseum, even if it's just the PvP mode that's coming soon since years. It doesn't even need graphics, it could be some kind of text adventure or RPG for all I care. I joined this site because I thought the premise of breeding and customising your own dragons sounded cool, and I do have fun in finding colour and gene combinations I like. It's just that I want to actually do something with my dragons, have them interacting with other stuff on the site that's not the coliseum, because they are just some pngs that are associated with my account right now. Perhaps I'm just expecting too much from the game and should look elsewhere. Edit: Forgot a word.
LanternFire wrote on 2021-02-08 11:26:50:
Why the do you even play this game then if you think so little of it? Sounds like you're taking things a little too seriously. Relax and enjoy the pixel dragons.
Naivety wrote on 2021-02-08 12:23:53:
Yeah, youre the one who gobbles trash LOL
Sorry i look rude here, but genes are actually needed for the game, even if you dont like them. Also, theres not much of mechanic to be added left. Tbh from what i was spectating, the only thing lacking is multiplayer coliseum.
To be fair, genes/scenes are just customization stuff, but without customization you wouldnt have sparkly starcon imperials. Saying this, customization is a good, needed mechanic. Unless you like triple basic mirrors.
My quoted post does make me seem overdramatic, especially with those vague statements, but I don't see how I'm being too serious. I'm spending time (and ideally money) on this website and all I want in return is something that actually entices me to stay here.

I won't go into further detail, since you two blocked me anyway. You should also work on a better comeback next time, even my grandmother could think of a better one.
Almedha wrote on 2021-02-08 22:30:50:
So. Like what exactly did you have in mind? Introduce a new mechanic or feature like Fiona or the scenes and then never again release any additional content for those great new things? Doesn't that render the new mechanics equally useless?
I must apologise, that was not only poorly phrased, but also misleading and almost plain wrong.

You are right, most new features are pretty much useless and get abandoned when the next big thing comes out. In fact, almost all features feel like they could use an overhaul (like the Hoard, Bestiary, etc.) or an expansion, and I would absolutely support those.

However, those things weren't the mechanics I thought of. I was thinking of some actual meat to the game, you know? Like the fabled Adventure mode that's totally in the works, or an expansion to the coliseum, even if it's just the PvP mode that's coming soon since years. It doesn't even need graphics, it could be some kind of text adventure or RPG for all I care.

I joined this site because I thought the premise of breeding and customising your own dragons sounded cool, and I do have fun in finding colour and gene combinations I like. It's just that I want to actually do something with my dragons, have them interacting with other stuff on the site that's not the coliseum, because they are just some pngs that are associated with my account right now.

Perhaps I'm just expecting too much from the game and should look elsewhere.

Edit: Forgot a word.
The scene came out incredibly beautiful. And I'm also crazy about the new puzzle.
The scene came out incredibly beautiful. And I'm also crazy about the new puzzle.
> He/Him/His <
> Russian/Pansexual/Pacifist<
> Always glad to new friends! <
> for sale!
I like the new vistas. We have many vistaas, but now that dragons can wear them we need more. :)

I don't puzzle, so I don't care about those, but I saw someone in the tread was really happy about it and it made me happy that you keep updating that feature because apparently a lot of players enjoy them. :)

THE SCENE IS REALLY PRETTY OMG. I fully understand that you need more artists, becauase we want more scenes, and we want them released yesterday. :)
I like the new vistas. We have many vistaas, but now that dragons can wear them we need more. :)

I don't puzzle, so I don't care about those, but I saw someone in the tread was really happy about it and it made me happy that you keep updating that feature because apparently a lot of players enjoy them. :)

THE SCENE IS REALLY PRETTY OMG. I fully understand that you need more artists, becauase we want more scenes, and we want them released yesterday. :)
I really love Vista: Avian Anatomy and can't wait to make it!
I really love Vista: Avian Anatomy and can't wait to make it!
plaguebringer_banner_by_eyenoom-d6kkk4e.png
1 2 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 43 44