Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Distant Horizons
1 2 ... 37 38 39 40 41 ... 43 44
[quote name="Elfydragon" date="2021-02-07 06:10:09" ] @Undel I have one question, which bit is the balancing XD? [img]https://flightrising.com/dropbox/updates/flight_rising-distant_horizons.png[/img] [/quote] This is a late reply but I believe balancing is referring to the Baldwin xp changes :)
Elfydragon wrote on 2021-02-07 06:10:09:
@Undel I have one question, which bit is the balancing XD?

flight_rising-distant_horizons.png

This is a late reply but I believe balancing is referring to the Baldwin xp changes :)
Art of a frog on a leaf next to a bromeliad flower with the text Tropical Rainforest to the right
everbloomgardenspog 8VvjJ9p.png
tun
tIf897pA.gif
she/he
FR+3
tun
[quote name="Syntribus" date="2021-02-09 02:45:47" ] [quote name="Almedha" date="2021-02-08 22:30:50" ] So. Like what exactly did you have in mind? Introduce a new mechanic or feature like Fiona or the scenes and then never again release any additional content for those great new things? Doesn't that render the new mechanics equally useless? [/quote] I must apologise, that was not only poorly phrased, but also misleading and almost plain wrong. You are right, most new features are pretty much useless and get abandoned when the next big thing comes out. In fact, almost all features feel like they could use an overhaul (like the Hoard, Bestiary, etc.) or an expansion, and I would absolutely support those. However, those things weren't the mechanics I thought of. I was thinking of some actual meat to the game, you know? Like the fabled Adventure mode that's totally in the works, or an expansion to the coliseum, even if it's just the PvP mode that's coming soon since years. It doesn't even need graphics, it could be some kind of text adventure or RPG for all I care. I joined this site because I thought the premise of breeding and customising your own dragons sounded cool, and I do have fun in finding colour and gene combinations I like. It's just that I want to actually do something with my dragons, have them interacting with other stuff on the site that's not the coliseum, because they are just some pngs that are associated with my account right now. Perhaps I'm just expecting too much from the game and should look elsewhere. [/quote] Yeah, you're absolutely right it was plain wrong. When you boil it down, mechanics of the game are as follows: "click, repeat." Why would you consider "even PvP" a worthy added mechanic? It's literally just coli with added opponents. I guarantee any "expansion to the coliseum" is going to follow the same cycle of "click, repeat." Any "text adventure" is going to quickly come up against your original complaint of a useless update because content for these text adventures are going to be consumed quickly (even novels of over 1000 pages can be lazily consumed in under a month, and even poor quality ones can take [i]years[/i] to develop) and therefore need lots of updates much faster. We'd be getting update after update of just text. I seriously doubt it would be even two updates of "just text" before you would complain it was another useless update. Adventure mode [i]is[/i] a fair one, though; we've been promised that since before time on Sornieth began and who knows if it'll ever be here. But even if we were to get that tomorrow, how long until you are done with the meat of adventure and any additional content will look useless to you? When would additional maps, prizes, enemies, NPCs become boring and useless because it's not adding any new mechanics? Not to mention it probably didn't add any different mechanic in the first place. Click, repeat. It sounds like you need [i]more[/i] games. Not instead of, in addition. No game is going to deliver everything you want. If you want a city builder, probably best to not go looking in The Witcher games for it. If it's combat you want, don't launch Planet Zoo. If you want to dress up silhouettes to suit your fancy, Among Us has very limited options. But if you want to do that or breed down to your ideal png, then no amount of variety in mechanics is going to make The Witcher, Planet Zoo, and Among Us have what you want, either. It's not "gobbling garbage" to enjoy additions to the set-up that I like. I like dressing up pngs a lot, and breeding down to the ideal assortment of colors in my pngs. I also like dungeon crawling, simulations, and multiplayer games. I just know to look in the right places.
Syntribus wrote on 2021-02-09 02:45:47:
Almedha wrote on 2021-02-08 22:30:50:
So. Like what exactly did you have in mind? Introduce a new mechanic or feature like Fiona or the scenes and then never again release any additional content for those great new things? Doesn't that render the new mechanics equally useless?
I must apologise, that was not only poorly phrased, but also misleading and almost plain wrong.

You are right, most new features are pretty much useless and get abandoned when the next big thing comes out. In fact, almost all features feel like they could use an overhaul (like the Hoard, Bestiary, etc.) or an expansion, and I would absolutely support those.

However, those things weren't the mechanics I thought of. I was thinking of some actual meat to the game, you know? Like the fabled Adventure mode that's totally in the works, or an expansion to the coliseum, even if it's just the PvP mode that's coming soon since years. It doesn't even need graphics, it could be some kind of text adventure or RPG for all I care.

I joined this site because I thought the premise of breeding and customising your own dragons sounded cool, and I do have fun in finding colour and gene combinations I like. It's just that I want to actually do something with my dragons, have them interacting with other stuff on the site that's not the coliseum, because they are just some pngs that are associated with my account right now.

Perhaps I'm just expecting too much from the game and should look elsewhere.
Yeah, you're absolutely right it was plain wrong. When you boil it down, mechanics of the game are as follows: "click, repeat." Why would you consider "even PvP" a worthy added mechanic? It's literally just coli with added opponents. I guarantee any "expansion to the coliseum" is going to follow the same cycle of "click, repeat."

Any "text adventure" is going to quickly come up against your original complaint of a useless update because content for these text adventures are going to be consumed quickly (even novels of over 1000 pages can be lazily consumed in under a month, and even poor quality ones can take years to develop) and therefore need lots of updates much faster. We'd be getting update after update of just text. I seriously doubt it would be even two updates of "just text" before you would complain it was another useless update.

Adventure mode is a fair one, though; we've been promised that since before time on Sornieth began and who knows if it'll ever be here. But even if we were to get that tomorrow, how long until you are done with the meat of adventure and any additional content will look useless to you? When would additional maps, prizes, enemies, NPCs become boring and useless because it's not adding any new mechanics? Not to mention it probably didn't add any different mechanic in the first place. Click, repeat.

It sounds like you need more games. Not instead of, in addition. No game is going to deliver everything you want. If you want a city builder, probably best to not go looking in The Witcher games for it. If it's combat you want, don't launch Planet Zoo. If you want to dress up silhouettes to suit your fancy, Among Us has very limited options. But if you want to do that or breed down to your ideal png, then no amount of variety in mechanics is going to make The Witcher, Planet Zoo, and Among Us have what you want, either.

It's not "gobbling garbage" to enjoy additions to the set-up that I like. I like dressing up pngs a lot, and breeding down to the ideal assortment of colors in my pngs. I also like dungeon crawling, simulations, and multiplayer games. I just know to look in the right places.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
@Syntribus bro chill updates like these were made because the team wanted to be more transparent about things going on - not every update is gonna be glamorous and some of them are really boring but they realized they weren't communicating changes and minor updates enough (especially when they would sometimes break the site)

if you don't like the update just skim through it and go on? you're making yourself look bad by continuing to argue "i'm not being rude - i'm just telling it how it is" of course you're able to criticize what you don't like about the site, but complaining about update posts is like complaining to a game dev about patch notes - you don't have to read either one, but they're there for transparency and if you need them
@Syntribus bro chill updates like these were made because the team wanted to be more transparent about things going on - not every update is gonna be glamorous and some of them are really boring but they realized they weren't communicating changes and minor updates enough (especially when they would sometimes break the site)

if you don't like the update just skim through it and go on? you're making yourself look bad by continuing to argue "i'm not being rude - i'm just telling it how it is" of course you're able to criticize what you don't like about the site, but complaining about update posts is like complaining to a game dev about patch notes - you don't have to read either one, but they're there for transparency and if you need them
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
[quote name="GalaxyFanWing" date="2021-02-08 07:32:12" ] The new artwork in the scenes and stuff is beautiful! The Corgi sells for so much on the Auction House, the cheapest one was 601 gems lol- [/quote] Heeh. @GalaxyFanWing that's because it's a gem item! It sells in the gem marketplace for 600. So someone's just put it on there with a 1 gem trading fee to make it easier for people who only use the AH.
GalaxyFanWing wrote on 2021-02-08 07:32:12:
The new artwork in the scenes and stuff is beautiful! The Corgi sells for so much on the Auction House, the cheapest one was 601 gems lol-

Heeh. @GalaxyFanWing that's because it's a gem item! It sells in the gem marketplace for 600. So someone's just put it on there with a 1 gem trading fee to make it easier for people who only use the AH.
Dragons dragons dragons.
That corgi vista- yes
That corgi vista- yes
AZOFNjv.png
Lots of nasty comments both to other users but also from users.

Really digging the new vista's, no not the corgi one the other two, and the scene is very nice.
Also good to see some baldwin rebalancing, should make levelling the cauldron easier for new and old players alike.
Lots of nasty comments both to other users but also from users.

Really digging the new vista's, no not the corgi one the other two, and the scene is very nice.
Also good to see some baldwin rebalancing, should make levelling the cauldron easier for new and old players alike.
>Fr+9
>You are a special speck of dust
>Hiring melters
>G1 Sales
#BLM #FreePalestine
>Always buying fodder adults 6g/6500t
>Denable hatchlings at 4g/4500t
>Know you are loved by someone
Aye, skydancer emotes, been waiting for those...
Aye, skydancer emotes, been waiting for those...
nnHgvR9.gif
xMagpie
xx» She/her
xx» NZST
xx» Art Shop
xx» Avatar

[quote name="hungryhobbits" date="2021-02-09 08:13:04" ] if you don't like the update just skim through it and go on? you're making yourself look bad by continuing to argue "i'm not being rude - i'm just telling it how it is" of course you're able to criticize what you don't like about the site, but complaining about update posts is like complaining to a game dev about patch notes - you don't have to read either one, but they're there for transparency and if you need them [/quote] my thoughts exactly. cant imagine telling people they're "gobbling up trash" when they compliment a bi-weekly patch that makes an aspect of the site more rewarding (alchemy) and adds several new art additions [i]to an art website[/i]
hungryhobbits wrote on 2021-02-09 08:13:04:

my thoughts exactly. cant imagine telling people they're "gobbling up trash" when they compliment a bi-weekly patch that makes an aspect of the site more rewarding (alchemy) and adds several new art additions to an art website
33352.png U65gRpm.png EP9270D.png 33351.png
Nyesssss finally Skydancer emotes!!!
Nyesssss finally Skydancer emotes!!!
!! signature under construction !!
Is the scene stocking already? I've been stalking the treasure marketplace since the news post but have yet to see it pop up, and no copies selling on the Auction House either! :O
Is the scene stocking already? I've been stalking the treasure marketplace since the news post but have yet to see it pop up, and no copies selling on the Auction House either! :O
o163-d1-Mudy.pngo163-d2-Mudy.pngo163-d3-Mudy.pngo163-d4-Mudy.pngo163-d5-Mudy.png xrunestone-hoard.png x
Mudy | she/they | +8H FR

English is not my mother language
Spruce kills my playstyle.
toss a like to this loser
About & Lore board
navigator-dominance-board.png
1 2 ... 37 38 39 40 41 ... 43 44