Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Distant Horizons
1 2 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
[quote name="@Mudy" date="2021-02-09 15:44:51" ] Is the scene stocking already? I've been stalking the treasure marketplace since the news post but have yet to see it pop up, and no copies selling on the Auction House either! :O [/quote] Yup, the scene is stocking. Just RNG being its usual self. ^^"
@Mudy wrote on 2021-02-09 15:44:51:
Is the scene stocking already? I've been stalking the treasure marketplace since the news post but have yet to see it pop up, and no copies selling on the Auction House either! :O

Yup, the scene is stocking. Just RNG being its usual self. ^^"
red lizard from rain world

» Formerly Ceruleanfire, Springfire
» She/Her
» +2 FR Time || Pings welcome!
[quote name="Syntribus" date="2021-02-08 03:48:49" ] [quote name="LanternFire" date="2021-02-08 00:39:54" ] That's just plain rude. Not every news update can be "new genes! annual holiday! flashy things!" [/quote] I couldn't care less about holiday events, most new genes look bad anyway, and I've never said anything about flashy things, but good job putting words in my mouth. Actual updates, like new game mechanics aren't a priority, of course, because people like you defend them for their laziness. I wouldn't spend time on programming new features either, if I knew that my playerbase gobbles up every trash I serve. [/quote] Why am I not surprised that this response of course calls staff/updates lazy [emoji=skydancer deadpan size=2] Anyways why are you even on here if you're obviously not enjoying the site? Not every update is gonna be a new breed or mechanic. We need smaller updates too; they're not "trash".
Syntribus wrote on 2021-02-08 03:48:49:
LanternFire wrote on 2021-02-08 00:39:54:
That's just plain rude. Not every news update can be "new genes! annual holiday! flashy things!"
I couldn't care less about holiday events, most new genes look bad anyway, and I've never said anything about flashy things, but good job putting words in my mouth.

Actual updates, like new game mechanics aren't a priority, of course, because people like you defend them for their laziness. I wouldn't spend time on programming new features either, if I knew that my playerbase gobbles up every trash I serve.

Why am I not surprised that this response of course calls staff/updates lazy

Anyways why are you even on here if you're obviously not enjoying the site? Not every update is gonna be a new breed or mechanic. We need smaller updates too; they're not "trash".
55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
Yooooo I'm so excited!
Yooooo I'm so excited!
I love the corgi
I love the corgi
[quote name="Almedha" date="2021-02-09 07:12:20" ] [quote name="Syntribus" date="2021-02-09 02:45:47" ] [quote name="Almedha" date="2021-02-08 22:30:50" ] So. Like what exactly did you have in mind? Introduce a new mechanic or feature like Fiona or the scenes and then never again release any additional content for those great new things? Doesn't that render the new mechanics equally useless? [/quote] I must apologise, that was not only poorly phrased, but also misleading and almost plain wrong. You are right, most new features are pretty much useless and get abandoned when the next big thing comes out. In fact, almost all features feel like they could use an overhaul (like the Hoard, Bestiary, etc.) or an expansion, and I would absolutely support those. However, those things weren't the mechanics I thought of. I was thinking of some actual meat to the game, you know? Like the fabled Adventure mode that's totally in the works, or an expansion to the coliseum, even if it's just the PvP mode that's coming soon since years. It doesn't even need graphics, it could be some kind of text adventure or RPG for all I care. I joined this site because I thought the premise of breeding and customising your own dragons sounded cool, and I do have fun in finding colour and gene combinations I like. It's just that I want to actually do something with my dragons, have them interacting with other stuff on the site that's not the coliseum, because they are just some pngs that are associated with my account right now. Perhaps I'm just expecting too much from the game and should look elsewhere. [/quote] Yeah, you're absolutely right it was plain wrong. When you boil it down, mechanics of the game are as follows: "click, repeat." Why would you consider "even PvP" a worthy added mechanic? It's literally just coli with added opponents. I guarantee any "expansion to the coliseum" is going to follow the same cycle of "click, repeat." Any "text adventure" is going to quickly come up against your original complaint of a useless update because content for these text adventures are going to be consumed quickly (even novels of over 1000 pages can be lazily consumed in under a month, and even poor quality ones can take [i]years[/i] to develop) and therefore need lots of updates much faster. We'd be getting update after update of just text. I seriously doubt it would be even two updates of "just text" before you would complain it was another useless update. Adventure mode [i]is[/i] a fair one, though; we've been promised that since before time on Sornieth began and who knows if it'll ever be here. But even if we were to get that tomorrow, how long until you are done with the meat of adventure and any additional content will look useless to you? When would additional maps, prizes, enemies, NPCs become boring and useless because it's not adding any new mechanics? Not to mention it probably didn't add any different mechanic in the first place. Click, repeat. It sounds like you need [i]more[/i] games. Not instead of, in addition. No game is going to deliver everything you want. If you want a city builder, probably best to not go looking in The Witcher games for it. If it's combat you want, don't launch Planet Zoo. If you want to dress up silhouettes to suit your fancy, Among Us has very limited options. But if you want to do that or breed down to your ideal png, then no amount of variety in mechanics is going to make The Witcher, Planet Zoo, and Among Us have what you want, either. It's not "gobbling garbage" to enjoy additions to the set-up that I like. I like dressing up pngs a lot, and breeding down to the ideal assortment of colors in my pngs. I also like dungeon crawling, simulations, and multiplayer games. I just know to look in the right places. [/quote] I wish I could "like" a comment because this sums up my thoughts perfectly! Thank you for putting that in to words so well ;)
Almedha wrote on 2021-02-09 07:12:20:
Syntribus wrote on 2021-02-09 02:45:47:
Almedha wrote on 2021-02-08 22:30:50:
So. Like what exactly did you have in mind? Introduce a new mechanic or feature like Fiona or the scenes and then never again release any additional content for those great new things? Doesn't that render the new mechanics equally useless?
I must apologise, that was not only poorly phrased, but also misleading and almost plain wrong.

You are right, most new features are pretty much useless and get abandoned when the next big thing comes out. In fact, almost all features feel like they could use an overhaul (like the Hoard, Bestiary, etc.) or an expansion, and I would absolutely support those.

However, those things weren't the mechanics I thought of. I was thinking of some actual meat to the game, you know? Like the fabled Adventure mode that's totally in the works, or an expansion to the coliseum, even if it's just the PvP mode that's coming soon since years. It doesn't even need graphics, it could be some kind of text adventure or RPG for all I care.

I joined this site because I thought the premise of breeding and customising your own dragons sounded cool, and I do have fun in finding colour and gene combinations I like. It's just that I want to actually do something with my dragons, have them interacting with other stuff on the site that's not the coliseum, because they are just some pngs that are associated with my account right now.

Perhaps I'm just expecting too much from the game and should look elsewhere.
Yeah, you're absolutely right it was plain wrong. When you boil it down, mechanics of the game are as follows: "click, repeat." Why would you consider "even PvP" a worthy added mechanic? It's literally just coli with added opponents. I guarantee any "expansion to the coliseum" is going to follow the same cycle of "click, repeat."

Any "text adventure" is going to quickly come up against your original complaint of a useless update because content for these text adventures are going to be consumed quickly (even novels of over 1000 pages can be lazily consumed in under a month, and even poor quality ones can take years to develop) and therefore need lots of updates much faster. We'd be getting update after update of just text. I seriously doubt it would be even two updates of "just text" before you would complain it was another useless update.

Adventure mode is a fair one, though; we've been promised that since before time on Sornieth began and who knows if it'll ever be here. But even if we were to get that tomorrow, how long until you are done with the meat of adventure and any additional content will look useless to you? When would additional maps, prizes, enemies, NPCs become boring and useless because it's not adding any new mechanics? Not to mention it probably didn't add any different mechanic in the first place. Click, repeat.

It sounds like you need more games. Not instead of, in addition. No game is going to deliver everything you want. If you want a city builder, probably best to not go looking in The Witcher games for it. If it's combat you want, don't launch Planet Zoo. If you want to dress up silhouettes to suit your fancy, Among Us has very limited options. But if you want to do that or breed down to your ideal png, then no amount of variety in mechanics is going to make The Witcher, Planet Zoo, and Among Us have what you want, either.

It's not "gobbling garbage" to enjoy additions to the set-up that I like. I like dressing up pngs a lot, and breeding down to the ideal assortment of colors in my pngs. I also like dungeon crawling, simulations, and multiplayer games. I just know to look in the right places.

I wish I could "like" a comment because this sums up my thoughts perfectly! Thank you for putting that in to words so well ;)
ZXevdaA.gif
Alright, a lot of new posts, I'll try to be brief. Also, apologies for my late response. [quote name="Almedha" date="2021-02-09 07:12:20" ] Yeah, you're absolutely right it was plain wrong. When you boil it down, mechanics of the game are as follows: "click, repeat." Why would you consider "even PvP" a worthy added mechanic? It's literally just coli with added opponents. I guarantee any "expansion to the coliseum" is going to follow the same cycle of "click, repeat." Any "text adventure" is going to quickly come up against your original complaint of a useless update because content for these text adventures are going to be consumed quickly (even novels of over 1000 pages can be lazily consumed in under a month, and even poor quality ones can take [i]years[/i] to develop) and therefore need lots of updates much faster. We'd be getting update after update of just text. I seriously doubt it would be even two updates of "just text" before you would complain it was another useless update. Adventure mode [i]is[/i] a fair one, though; we've been promised that since before time on Sornieth began and who knows if it'll ever be here. But even if we were to get that tomorrow, how long until you are done with the meat of adventure and any additional content will look useless to you? When would additional maps, prizes, enemies, NPCs become boring and useless because it's not adding any new mechanics? Not to mention it probably didn't add any different mechanic in the first place. Click, repeat. It sounds like you need [i]more[/i] games. Not instead of, in addition. No game is going to deliver everything you want. If you want a city builder, probably best to not go looking in The Witcher games for it. If it's combat you want, don't launch Planet Zoo. If you want to dress up silhouettes to suit your fancy, Among Us has very limited options. But if you want to do that or breed down to your ideal png, then no amount of variety in mechanics is going to make The Witcher, Planet Zoo, and Among Us have what you want, either. It's not "gobbling garbage" to enjoy additions to the set-up that I like. I like dressing up pngs a lot, and breeding down to the ideal assortment of colors in my pngs. I also like dungeon crawling, simulations, and multiplayer games. I just know to look in the right places. [/quote] Well, I could summarise every game with "click, repeat," or "press button, repeat," if you're using a keyboard or controller. The point is just that every "click" on this website feels unsatisfying. And no, I don't expect shiny windows popping up every time I do something banal like they do in cheap mobile games. I mentioned PvP in the same vein as Adventure mode, because they are both totally "coming soon," just like the new world map or the new modern, but those two aren't relevant right now. I don't think that PvP would change anything right now, perhaps if they'd balance coliseum to make more build viable so actual team comps would be possible. I assume that coliseum was at least partly inspired from Pokemon and look at those games, they are terrible but still get played because moves and stats are actually diverse. This paragraph is where it gets spicy, you're really caught up in the word "useless," huh? Text adventure was merely an example and you could replace it with anything you want: card game, triple A action RPG, pong clone, whatever. I simply choose text, because it wouldn't put additional pressure on the art team (and yes, I'm aware that this is an art game,) thus they could concentrate on the rest of the game, while a few writers could churn out text stories. And by the way, text adventures aren't novels for me, they are about branching paths and skill checks for me. At least the ones I played were like that. There's no use talking about Adventure mode, since it's never coming out anyway and there's barely information about it as far as I know, but it would all depend on implementation. If you're able to breeze through all content with one generic team, that'd be terrible, but if there'd be proper pacing, replayability via different outcomes or branching paths, and team composition that actually matters then I see no reason why it couldn't be fun. I replay games that I find fun, even though there will never be new content. I don't need you to tell me what I need. I play FR because I like dragons and I can't find any significant games that put me in the role of the dragon, or allows me interact with them positively. I like FR because it doesn't have a terrible premium system or overbearing microtransactions, yes it's the best free game I have probably played. Of course you are right, if I want to play a relaxing action RPG I'll boot up Bloodborne, if I want something more engaging I'll boot up Monster Hunter. I don't want FR to become an action RPG, nor do I want it to be bogged down by hundreds of sub-features that try to simulate depth. I just want something that actually allows me to do something with my dragon. I could have the rarest dragon in the game and smother him in apparel and add a skin (and I do enjoy that part!), but there's literally nothing do to with my dragon after that, except to repeat the whole procedure I guess. And again, yes I know that this site is primarily an art site with focus on the breeding and customisation of dragons. [quote name="hungryhobbits" date="2021-02-09 08:13:04" ] @/Syntribus bro chill updates like these were made because the team wanted to be more transparent about things going on - not every update is gonna be glamorous and some of them are really boring but they realized they weren't communicating changes and minor updates enough (especially when they would sometimes break the site) if you don't like the update just skim through it and go on? you're making yourself look bad by continuing to argue "i'm not being rude - i'm just telling it how it is" of course you're able to criticize what you don't like about the site, but complaining about update posts is like complaining to a game dev about patch notes - you don't have to read either one, but they're there for transparency and if you need them [/quote] Yeah, it's great that they're opting for smaller and more frequent updates. Not sure if they really upped the pace for updates or it just seems like it because updates are split up, like apparel sets gaining more recolours in a later update. I wish we would get more community updates or what they call it now, though. But you are mistaken here - I was intentionally rude, and I wasn't trying to tell how it is at all, I don't even know why you would think that. Just because I didn't preface everything with an "in my opinion"? To be honest, I didn't even expect a response at all, because I thought that no one reads through these threads anyway. [quote name="Revius" date="2021-02-09 08:57:47" ] Lots of nasty comments both to other users but also from users. Really digging the new vista's, no not the corgi one the other two, and the scene is very nice. Also good to see some baldwin rebalancing, should make levelling the cauldron easier for new and old players alike. [/quote] You're talking about the people dogpiling on the poor guy, who said that the corgi is giving a suggestive look, right? [quote name="krondar" date="2021-02-09 13:45:30" ] my thoughts exactly. cant imagine telling people they're "gobbling up trash" when they compliment a bi-weekly patch that makes an aspect of the site more rewarding (alchemy) and adds several new art additions [i]to an art website[/i] [/quote] You forgot the jigsaw puzzles and emoji. I have personally no use for anything in this update, but it's great if people enjoy the new stuff. [quote name="Stellori" date="2021-02-09 19:54:48" ] Why am I not surprised that this response of course calls staff/updates lazy [emoji=skydancer deadpan size=2] Anyways why are you even on here if you're obviously not enjoying the site? Not every update is gonna be a new breed or mechanic. We need smaller updates too; they're not "trash". [/quote] I enjoy the main aspect, i.e. breeding and dressing dragons. [quote name="Fauconne" date="2021-02-09 23:51:58" ] I wish I could "like" a comment because this sums up my thoughts perfectly! Thank you for putting that in to words so well ;) [/quote] It was a really good post.
Alright, a lot of new posts, I'll try to be brief. Also, apologies for my late response.

Almedha wrote on 2021-02-09 07:12:20:
Yeah, you're absolutely right it was plain wrong. When you boil it down, mechanics of the game are as follows: "click, repeat." Why would you consider "even PvP" a worthy added mechanic? It's literally just coli with added opponents. I guarantee any "expansion to the coliseum" is going to follow the same cycle of "click, repeat."

Any "text adventure" is going to quickly come up against your original complaint of a useless update because content for these text adventures are going to be consumed quickly (even novels of over 1000 pages can be lazily consumed in under a month, and even poor quality ones can take years to develop) and therefore need lots of updates much faster. We'd be getting update after update of just text. I seriously doubt it would be even two updates of "just text" before you would complain it was another useless update.

Adventure mode is a fair one, though; we've been promised that since before time on Sornieth began and who knows if it'll ever be here. But even if we were to get that tomorrow, how long until you are done with the meat of adventure and any additional content will look useless to you? When would additional maps, prizes, enemies, NPCs become boring and useless because it's not adding any new mechanics? Not to mention it probably didn't add any different mechanic in the first place. Click, repeat.

It sounds like you need more games. Not instead of, in addition. No game is going to deliver everything you want. If you want a city builder, probably best to not go looking in The Witcher games for it. If it's combat you want, don't launch Planet Zoo. If you want to dress up silhouettes to suit your fancy, Among Us has very limited options. But if you want to do that or breed down to your ideal png, then no amount of variety in mechanics is going to make The Witcher, Planet Zoo, and Among Us have what you want, either.

It's not "gobbling garbage" to enjoy additions to the set-up that I like. I like dressing up pngs a lot, and breeding down to the ideal assortment of colors in my pngs. I also like dungeon crawling, simulations, and multiplayer games. I just know to look in the right places.

Well, I could summarise every game with "click, repeat," or "press button, repeat," if you're using a keyboard or controller. The point is just that every "click" on this website feels unsatisfying. And no, I don't expect shiny windows popping up every time I do something banal like they do in cheap mobile games.

I mentioned PvP in the same vein as Adventure mode, because they are both totally "coming soon," just like the new world map or the new modern, but those two aren't relevant right now. I don't think that PvP would change anything right now, perhaps if they'd balance coliseum to make more build viable so actual team comps would be possible. I assume that coliseum was at least partly inspired from Pokemon and look at those games, they are terrible but still get played because moves and stats are actually diverse.

This paragraph is where it gets spicy, you're really caught up in the word "useless," huh? Text adventure was merely an example and you could replace it with anything you want: card game, triple A action RPG, pong clone, whatever. I simply choose text, because it wouldn't put additional pressure on the art team (and yes, I'm aware that this is an art game,) thus they could concentrate on the rest of the game, while a few writers could churn out text stories. And by the way, text adventures aren't novels for me, they are about branching paths and skill checks for me. At least the ones I played were like that.

There's no use talking about Adventure mode, since it's never coming out anyway and there's barely information about it as far as I know, but it would all depend on implementation. If you're able to breeze through all content with one generic team, that'd be terrible, but if there'd be proper pacing, replayability via different outcomes or branching paths, and team composition that actually matters then I see no reason why it couldn't be fun. I replay games that I find fun, even though there will never be new content.

I don't need you to tell me what I need. I play FR because I like dragons and I can't find any significant games that put me in the role of the dragon, or allows me interact with them positively. I like FR because it doesn't have a terrible premium system or overbearing microtransactions, yes it's the best free game I have probably played. Of course you are right, if I want to play a relaxing action RPG I'll boot up Bloodborne, if I want something more engaging I'll boot up Monster Hunter.

I don't want FR to become an action RPG, nor do I want it to be bogged down by hundreds of sub-features that try to simulate depth. I just want something that actually allows me to do something with my dragon. I could have the rarest dragon in the game and smother him in apparel and add a skin (and I do enjoy that part!), but there's literally nothing do to with my dragon after that, except to repeat the whole procedure I guess.

And again, yes I know that this site is primarily an art site with focus on the breeding and customisation of dragons.

hungryhobbits wrote on 2021-02-09 08:13:04:
@/Syntribus bro chill updates like these were made because the team wanted to be more transparent about things going on - not every update is gonna be glamorous and some of them are really boring but they realized they weren't communicating changes and minor updates enough (especially when they would sometimes break the site)

if you don't like the update just skim through it and go on? you're making yourself look bad by continuing to argue "i'm not being rude - i'm just telling it how it is" of course you're able to criticize what you don't like about the site, but complaining about update posts is like complaining to a game dev about patch notes - you don't have to read either one, but they're there for transparency and if you need them

Yeah, it's great that they're opting for smaller and more frequent updates. Not sure if they really upped the pace for updates or it just seems like it because updates are split up, like apparel sets gaining more recolours in a later update. I wish we would get more community updates or what they call it now, though.

But you are mistaken here - I was intentionally rude, and I wasn't trying to tell how it is at all, I don't even know why you would think that. Just because I didn't preface everything with an "in my opinion"? To be honest, I didn't even expect a response at all, because I thought that no one reads through these threads anyway.

Revius wrote on 2021-02-09 08:57:47:
Lots of nasty comments both to other users but also from users.

Really digging the new vista's, no not the corgi one the other two, and the scene is very nice.
Also good to see some baldwin rebalancing, should make levelling the cauldron easier for new and old players alike.

You're talking about the people dogpiling on the poor guy, who said that the corgi is giving a suggestive look, right?

krondar wrote on 2021-02-09 13:45:30:
my thoughts exactly. cant imagine telling people they're "gobbling up trash" when they compliment a bi-weekly patch that makes an aspect of the site more rewarding (alchemy) and adds several new art additions to an art website

You forgot the jigsaw puzzles and emoji. I have personally no use for anything in this update, but it's great if people enjoy the new stuff.

Stellori wrote on 2021-02-09 19:54:48:
Why am I not surprised that this response of course calls staff/updates lazy

Anyways why are you even on here if you're obviously not enjoying the site? Not every update is gonna be a new breed or mechanic. We need smaller updates too; they're not "trash".

I enjoy the main aspect, i.e. breeding and dressing dragons.

Fauconne wrote on 2021-02-09 23:51:58:
I wish I could "like" a comment because this sums up my thoughts perfectly! Thank you for putting that in to words so well ;)

It was a really good post.
@Syntribus i very much doubt your sincerity about any of this, especially with your assertion that i "forgot" anything. jigsaw backgrounds and emojis are in fact artwork.

but since you mentioned me... I wonder how well you would take to users of a massive site you created with a small team calling you """"""lazy""""""" for posting a bi-weekly update of site tweaks for the sake of transparency. you're acting like a very nasty, argumentative, entitled person and the people responding to you and calling you out are doing so because of that, not because you like or dislike something in the update.
@Syntribus i very much doubt your sincerity about any of this, especially with your assertion that i "forgot" anything. jigsaw backgrounds and emojis are in fact artwork.

but since you mentioned me... I wonder how well you would take to users of a massive site you created with a small team calling you """"""lazy""""""" for posting a bi-weekly update of site tweaks for the sake of transparency. you're acting like a very nasty, argumentative, entitled person and the people responding to you and calling you out are doing so because of that, not because you like or dislike something in the update.
33352.png U65gRpm.png EP9270D.png 33351.png
more puzzles! i like the newer ones, the art is so beautiful.
more puzzles! i like the newer ones, the art is so beautiful.
[quote name="krondar" date="2021-02-10 05:15:31" ] @Syntribus i very much doubt your sincerity about any of this, especially with your assertion that i "forgot" anything. but since you mentioned me... I wonder how well you would take to users of a massive site you created with a small team calling you """"""lazy""""""" for posting a bi-weekly update of site tweaks for the sake of transparency. you're acting like a very nasty, argumentative, entitled person and the people responding to you and calling you out are doing so because of that, not because you like or dislike something in the update. [/quote] Sincerity about what? Are talking about the "but it's great if people enjoy the new stuff" sentence? Perhaps you think that it's in contrast with my second post (It is)? I don't care about that stuff, but some people do and they have every right to be happy about it. The staff caters to it's playerbase, it's simple as that, and if the playerbase wants scenes and vistas then that is what's going to be produced. I didn't call them lazy (that's a lot of quotation marks, by the way) because of this update, I called them lazy in general. As I said, it's great that they've apparently upped their update pace, and more transparency is always appreciated, but they haven't added a single new gameplay loop since I've started playing, and I'm [i]personally[/i] dissatisfied with that. Is that laziness? Obviously not, my posts, specifically the second post that's been quoted by everyone, are full of hyperbole. I'm actually pretty sure that it's hard to juggle between all the different art stuff (breeds, apparel, familiars, venues, items, vistas, scenes, background art, NPCs, etc.), but I'm still genuinely puzzled why the mechanical (i.e. the programming) side seems to be so slow. I'm absolutely argumentative, that's why I wrote here in the first place and try to respond to everyone. I can understand if some people think I'm "nasty," and my second post (it's always that one) was very aggressive, it was absolutely intended to be. But the only thing I would change about it now would be some wording in the second paragraph, because I just reread that post, and it's basically a personal attack on LanternFire, which wasn't my intention nor was it necessary. But it served it's purpose nonetheless: to spark a discussion. I absolutely understand if people don't like my tone, it's not particurlarly nice, but I certainly don't have anything personal against either the staff or the game's playerbase. As I said above, I'm not satisfied with the development, but I know that I'm not entitled to anything, that it's the staffs decision how they want to develop the game. And by the way, I'm really glad that people are responding. It made me think a lot about what I like and dislike about the game. Unfortunately I had to wing it a good bit, because my second post was really vague, but I've still got some insight out of it.
krondar wrote on 2021-02-10 05:15:31:
@Syntribus i very much doubt your sincerity about any of this, especially with your assertion that i "forgot" anything.

Sincerity about what? Are talking about the "but it's great if people enjoy the new stuff" sentence? Perhaps you think that it's in contrast with my second post (It is)? I don't care about that stuff, but some people do and they have every right to be happy about it. The staff caters to it's playerbase, it's simple as that, and if the playerbase wants scenes and vistas then that is what's going to be produced.

I didn't call them lazy (that's a lot of quotation marks, by the way) because of this update, I called them lazy in general. As I said, it's great that they've apparently upped their update pace, and more transparency is always appreciated, but they haven't added a single new gameplay loop since I've started playing, and I'm personally dissatisfied with that.

Is that laziness? Obviously not, my posts, specifically the second post that's been quoted by everyone, are full of hyperbole. I'm actually pretty sure that it's hard to juggle between all the different art stuff (breeds, apparel, familiars, venues, items, vistas, scenes, background art, NPCs, etc.), but I'm still genuinely puzzled why the mechanical (i.e. the programming) side seems to be so slow.

I'm absolutely argumentative, that's why I wrote here in the first place and try to respond to everyone. I can understand if some people think I'm "nasty," and my second post (it's always that one) was very aggressive, it was absolutely intended to be. But the only thing I would change about it now would be some wording in the second paragraph, because I just reread that post, and it's basically a personal attack on LanternFire, which wasn't my intention nor was it necessary. But it served it's purpose nonetheless: to spark a discussion.

I absolutely understand if people don't like my tone, it's not particurlarly nice, but I certainly don't have anything personal against either the staff or the game's playerbase. As I said above, I'm not satisfied with the development, but I know that I'm not entitled to anything, that it's the staffs decision how they want to develop the game.

And by the way, I'm really glad that people are responding. It made me think a lot about what I like and dislike about the game. Unfortunately I had to wing it a good bit, because my second post was really vague, but I've still got some insight out of it.
@Syntribus

I doubt your sincerity because every single time you post, you flip-flop on your intentions, sometimes within the post itself. to be absolutely clear, i have re-read what you and everyone else posted several times before writing this. you're not going to be able to convince me of anything at this point-- you're very disingenuous with everything you post.

you said something rude and when you were called out, you doubled down and insulted both the people who work on the site, and the people who play it and enjoy it. you insinuated that the reason the staff is """""""lazy"""""""" is the fault of the other players and blatantly stated that we, as in everyone who is not you, is just fine devouring garbage, and that is the reason the site does not meet your standards. it's not hyperbole, it's inflammatory for no reason. you have no point to prove. and frankly, I'm only posting in order to show you that not everyone will fall for your confusing rhetoric. I feel bad for the people who are legitimately trying to engage with you about your opinion, because I can tell you don't really have one. bye!
@Syntribus

I doubt your sincerity because every single time you post, you flip-flop on your intentions, sometimes within the post itself. to be absolutely clear, i have re-read what you and everyone else posted several times before writing this. you're not going to be able to convince me of anything at this point-- you're very disingenuous with everything you post.

you said something rude and when you were called out, you doubled down and insulted both the people who work on the site, and the people who play it and enjoy it. you insinuated that the reason the staff is """""""lazy"""""""" is the fault of the other players and blatantly stated that we, as in everyone who is not you, is just fine devouring garbage, and that is the reason the site does not meet your standards. it's not hyperbole, it's inflammatory for no reason. you have no point to prove. and frankly, I'm only posting in order to show you that not everyone will fall for your confusing rhetoric. I feel bad for the people who are legitimately trying to engage with you about your opinion, because I can tell you don't really have one. bye!
33352.png U65gRpm.png EP9270D.png 33351.png
1 2 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44