Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Tertiary Gene Suggestions
1 2 ... 249 250 251 252 253 ... 276 277
Might be late to this, but I would like to see parallel ancient line breakers on other ancients, such as; Aether Wintercoat, Abberation Skeletal, or Undertide Angler, to name a few.
Might be late to this, but I would like to see parallel ancient line breakers on other ancients, such as; Aether Wintercoat, Abberation Skeletal, or Undertide Angler, to name a few.
cauldrontext2.png G8ar31R.png d2729f82-5473-11ed-b9ed-2799ee782634.gif
[quote name="LuckyKitty" date="2023-03-24 23:10:24" ] Comparison of our current Glowtail with the proposed Glowbug [img]https://i.imgur.com/AOL7W2h.png[/img] [/quote] I love this idea!! I think it would also be really cool if the horns and claws were glowy as well :D
LuckyKitty wrote on 2023-03-24 23:10:24:

Comparison of our current Glowtail with the proposed Glowbug

AOL7W2h.png

I love this idea!! I think it would also be really cool if the horns and claws were glowy as well :D

75JySJB.pngbWeLCqf.pngjI9KbMj.png6Ef6hwD.pngcaNmJrr.pngJ7D1quC.png
[quote name="LuckyKitty" date="2023-03-24 23:10:24" ] Tertiary for Aether dragons, inspired by the glow worm! [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/qAqBhmK.jpg[/img][/center] I love the idea of glowing tails on the Aethers, but the current gene [b]Glowtail[/b] just doesn't do it for me. It takes up the whole tail, which feels really weird when there's a nice little bulb at the end that would be perfect for those little glowy tips on the end of an actual glowworm. A tertiary that only covers a tiny spot would be boring, though, so I decided to take a play from the real-life glow-worm's playbook and include the glowing bars some species have across their bodies! [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/rPhOrVe.jpg[/img][/center] So here's what I ended up with. Behold, [b]Glowbug[/b]![center] [img]https://i.imgur.com/Vj9UYXz.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/alfiJhk.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/LtDXrhN.png[/img][/center] Comparison of our current Glowtail with the proposed Glowbug [img]https://i.imgur.com/AOL7W2h.png[/img] [/quote] Massive support, I really like this. Current glowtail takes up so much of the tail that I'm honestly not the biggest fan of it on most aethers. I love how subtle the mockups are--they're exactly what I want from a glowing gene. My only comment would that I think it'd be neat to have a few glowing dots on the wings as well.
Tertiary for Aether dragons, inspired by the glow worm!
qAqBhmK.jpg

I love the idea of glowing tails on the Aethers, but the current gene Glowtail just doesn't do it for me. It takes up the whole tail, which feels really weird when there's a nice little bulb at the end that would be perfect for those little glowy tips on the end of an actual glowworm.

A tertiary that only covers a tiny spot would be boring, though, so I decided to take a play from the real-life glow-worm's playbook and include the glowing bars some species have across their bodies!
rPhOrVe.jpg

So here's what I ended up with. Behold, Glowbug!

Vj9UYXz.png

alfiJhk.png

LtDXrhN.png

AOL7W2h.png
Massive support, I really like this. Current glowtail takes up so much of the tail that I'm honestly not the biggest fan of it on most aethers. I love how subtle the mockups are--they're exactly what I want from a glowing gene. My only comment would that I think it'd be neat to have a few glowing dots on the wings as well.
- G1s for sale
- LF any combo of abyss, copper, spruce and other dream g1s
AETHERS NEED SHARDFLANK.

I mean it looks like crystals sticking out of the dragon. It would fit Aethers to a T.
AETHERS NEED SHARDFLANK.

I mean it looks like crystals sticking out of the dragon. It would fit Aethers to a T.
55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
[quote name="@Spinosaur" date="2023-03-25 20:46:16" ] My only comment would that I think it'd be neat to have a few glowing dots on the wings as well. [/quote] I'm so glad you like it!! Here's an edited mockup with the dots on the wings like you suggested: [img]https://i.imgur.com/tgpcss9.png[/img]
@Spinosaur wrote on 2023-03-25 20:46:16:
My only comment would that I think it'd be neat to have a few glowing dots on the wings as well.

I'm so glad you like it!! Here's an edited mockup with the dots on the wings like you suggested:
tgpcss9.png
PFU56VO.png
[quote name="@brownrice" date="2023-03-25 12:45:56" ] [quote name="LuckyKitty" date="2023-03-24 23:10:24" ] Comparison of our current Glowtail with the proposed Glowbug [img]https://i.imgur.com/AOL7W2h.png[/img] [/quote] I love this idea!! I think it would also be really cool if the horns and claws were glowy as well :D [/quote] Claws proved difficult, but here's glowy horns for ya! [img]https://i.imgur.com/tgpcss9.png[/img]
@brownrice wrote on 2023-03-25 12:45:56:

AOL7W2h.png

I love this idea!! I think it would also be really cool if the horns and claws were glowy as well :D

Claws proved difficult, but here's glowy horns for ya!
tgpcss9.png
PFU56VO.png
a universal ancient gene for each flight fest can you imagine a flaming tert for flameforger or some goop for trickmurk? basically go nuts with it and have the scroll available in the festive favors for event currency a permanent addition to the roster it appears every year regardless. basically every ancient has the gene available and it takes a unique slot of ancient universal... it might cut back on clutter to have some basic universal tert genes for ancients like these fest genes and simpler ones that are not line breaking like underbelly
a universal ancient gene for each flight fest can you imagine a flaming tert for flameforger or some goop for trickmurk? basically go nuts with it and have the scroll available in the festive favors for event currency a permanent addition to the roster it appears every year regardless. basically every ancient has the gene available and it takes a unique slot of ancient universal... it might cut back on clutter to have some basic universal tert genes for ancients like these fest genes and simpler ones that are not line breaking like underbelly
All about the Aether terts - I wish I could provide you with a mock-up of the second thing, I cannot. Koi, please. Must.... maximize.... fluffy cloudness...!! [emoji=nocturne love size=1] So, this other one is a rather more silly idea, and I am unsure how plausible, but it keeps dancing on my brain since Aether release, Something like Banescale Porcupine, except..... You know the little upright feathers on top a peacock's head which make up the crest/crown? Those, but all the way along the Aether, from a fan on the head all the way to, and on the end of (similar to Monarch here) the tail. Color - They could use Peacock or Ribbon/eel color schemes, or go 'full gem gene' and something more like Iridescent/Shimmer, but I am not locked into this so long as they are not all basically monochromatic. Size - At [i]least[/i] as long as the Aether's existing basic spines, or like Stinger spines, would be good, but as long as they are not [i]tiny[/i] like Spines tertiary tends look on other breeds...... [i](I know Imp Spines are partly hidden in the mane, and Wildclaw has some respectable ones on the head area, but hopefully you know what I mean here is "not something so small as to have Spines' distinction of being a gene which helps hide an unflattering tert color in plain sight".)[/i]...... I am flexible on this part. [emoji=nocturne laughing size=1][emoji=nocturne love size=1] Additional visual effects - As much as I do like Monarch, I would rather [i]not [/i]have this one affect the wings in a similar way (except possibly at the very tips, swallowtail butterfly-style). Other than that, I am open to suggestions here. (sleepy typo fixed) (returned to make a small clarification and give credit where due - Spines tertiary [i]on Aether dragons[/i] is of a size I like! I was trying to say 'the size it is on almost so many other breeds would be too small for this' and that was not what emerged, and was specifically avoiding using it as a 'good size' example on Aether because Spines size on other breeds, a more familiar frame of reference, does not tend to look much like what I had in mind. Fixed that above.)
All about the Aether terts - I wish I could provide you with a mock-up of the second thing, I cannot.

Koi, please. Must.... maximize.... fluffy cloudness...!!

So, this other one is a rather more silly idea, and I am unsure how plausible, but it keeps dancing on my brain since Aether release,

Something like Banescale Porcupine, except..... You know the little upright feathers on top a peacock's head which make up the crest/crown? Those, but all the way along the Aether, from a fan on the head all the way to, and on the end of (similar to Monarch here) the tail.

Color - They could use Peacock or Ribbon/eel color schemes, or go 'full gem gene' and something more like Iridescent/Shimmer, but I am not locked into this so long as they are not all basically monochromatic.
Size - At least as long as the Aether's existing basic spines, or like Stinger spines, would be good, but as long as they are not tiny like Spines tertiary tends look on other breeds...... (I know Imp Spines are partly hidden in the mane, and Wildclaw has some respectable ones on the head area, but hopefully you know what I mean here is "not something so small as to have Spines' distinction of being a gene which helps hide an unflattering tert color in plain sight".)...... I am flexible on this part.

Additional visual effects - As much as I do like Monarch, I would rather not have this one affect the wings in a similar way (except possibly at the very tips, swallowtail butterfly-style). Other than that, I am open to suggestions here.

(sleepy typo fixed)
(returned to make a small clarification and give credit where due - Spines tertiary on Aether dragons is of a size I like!
I was trying to say 'the size it is on almost so many other breeds would be too small for this' and that was not what emerged, and was specifically avoiding using it as a 'good size' example on Aether because Spines size on other breeds, a more familiar frame of reference, does not tend to look much like what I had in mind. Fixed that above.)
Can you please do Tertiary Gene: Blossom (Aether) ? I think it would look cool. I'll see if I can draw up a starting point. Thank you!
Can you please do Tertiary Gene: Blossom (Aether) ? I think it would look cool. I'll see if I can draw up a starting point. Thank you!
OFTXtKI.png0Tkgsq4.pngtumblr_inline_ofoo1oofwc1tfmvub_100.png
Ancients can really go ham with the linebreaking tertiaries, and I think Aethers could use another (I know its getting swamped with aether stuff but hear me out) [b]Rings:[/b] a tertiary gene that matches Jupiter and Saturn, I couldn't properly color this but I imagine them as having a similar texture to Jupiter and Saturn, possibly/probably with accent colors [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/880171828415447043/1090691734398324797/rings.png[/img] Space dragons with space genes!! :D
Ancients can really go ham with the linebreaking tertiaries, and I think Aethers could use another (I know its getting swamped with aether stuff but hear me out)

Rings: a tertiary gene that matches Jupiter and Saturn, I couldn't properly color this but I imagine them as having a similar texture to Jupiter and Saturn, possibly/probably with accent colors
rings.png
Space dragons with space genes!! :D
1 2 ... 249 250 251 252 253 ... 276 277