Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Fade & Blend
1 2 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
[img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=33&bodygene=42&breed=8&element=1&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=44&tertgene=21&winggene=42&wings=33&auth=ffab6a5bbd9f3812f19b76999e3d49267c35c661&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
dragon?age=1&body=33&bodygene=42&breed=8&element=1&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=44&tertgene=21&winggene=42&wings=33&auth=ffab6a5bbd9f3812f19b76999e3d49267c35c661&dummyext=prev.png
3EA6QyJ.png aHMlRC8.png tumblr_ozbmajllGL1w8xkufo4_250.png
oh wow!
oh wow!
466w8yC.png
[quote name="Vark" date="2019-11-23 02:44:59" ] Love the idea of the gene!! The execution, not so much I'm afraid. The gradients make the dragons look flat and featureless. It makes dragons look flatter than the Basic gene. It reminds me of the old Macromedia Flash days when people would put flat-looking gradients on everything, which never looked good. The gradients could use some tweaking so they look less like an unedited gradient where only the colours where chosen but the rest of the settings were still set to default. I want to love this gene but it makes dragons look both flat and unfinished. [/quote] Gotta say, while some of the colour combos are nice, and the need for this sort of gene is there... I agree. The shadows on some models are not properly rendered, making the dragons look incredibly flat. The gradients on some models also are more or less a straight line (wildclaw wings) which doesn't look very nice at all. Hope they do some tweaking to fix these issues. It would be nice to see them take a week or two longer between these gene releases, and really polish the final product.
Vark wrote on 2019-11-23 02:44:59:
Love the idea of the gene!! The execution, not so much I'm afraid.

The gradients make the dragons look flat and featureless. It makes dragons look flatter than the Basic gene. It reminds me of the old Macromedia Flash days when people would put flat-looking gradients on everything, which never looked good.

The gradients could use some tweaking so they look less like an unedited gradient where only the colours where chosen but the rest of the settings were still set to default.

I want to love this gene but it makes dragons look both flat and unfinished.

Gotta say, while some of the colour combos are nice, and the need for this sort of gene is there... I agree. The shadows on some models are not properly rendered, making the dragons look incredibly flat.
The gradients on some models also are more or less a straight line (wildclaw wings) which doesn't look very nice at all.
Hope they do some tweaking to fix these issues.

It would be nice to see them take a week or two longer between these gene releases, and really polish the final product.
S0DOppf.pngbicatcher.png
[quote name="Galdranorn" date="2019-11-22 20:19:24" ] [quote name="Anthelion" date="2019-11-22 19:10:36" ] This is beautiful but can we please get a version that's not got the accent colors? Just a nice natural dorsal to ventral fade, maybe with some naturalistic face markings? I think this would be SO useful--a kind of basic+ alternative! [/quote] I am with this 1000% This is a great idea in theory, but they keep adding these awful "accent" colours that make a nice dragon look absolutely horrid. I just want a nice gradient for red dragons that doesnt add a gross blue or green or blugreen. [/quote] I am a fan of Fade/Blend. But I do think the quoted gradient option would be very nice as a Basic 2.0. So long as it goes over the belly in the Primary (instead of leaving that belly line) I could get behind some kind of natural face marking too, so long as it wasn't too visually clashing (like Jupiter or Vipera's face markings)
Galdranorn wrote on 2019-11-22 20:19:24:
Anthelion wrote on 2019-11-22 19:10:36:
This is beautiful but can we please get a version that's not got the accent colors? Just a nice natural dorsal to ventral fade, maybe with some naturalistic face markings? I think this would be SO useful--a kind of basic+ alternative!
I am with this 1000%
This is a great idea in theory, but they keep adding these awful "accent" colours that make a nice dragon look absolutely horrid.
I just want a nice gradient for red dragons that doesnt add a gross blue or green or blugreen.

I am a fan of Fade/Blend. But I do think the quoted gradient option would be very nice as a Basic 2.0. So long as it goes over the belly in the Primary (instead of leaving that belly line) I could get behind some kind of natural face marking too, so long as it wasn't too visually clashing (like Jupiter or Vipera's face markings)
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
HI THERE I HAPPEN TO LIKE THESE Harpy's here.[emoji=guardian size=1]
HI THERE I HAPPEN TO LIKE THESE Harpy's here.
Not bad changes...
Not bad changes...
those new familiars look so coooool!
those new familiars look so coooool!
Ohhhhh
Ohhhhh
YES
YES
New genes! They look really cool!
New genes! They look really cool!
FRT +14
1 2 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48