Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Reward Delivery Changes
1 2 ... 65 66 67 68 69 ... 86 87
Galore is beautiful ! [emoji=heart size=1]
Galore is beautiful !
:D
If some one AFK from the site for a long time ( put aside the reason ) he/she is already be punished by missing all the elemental holiday items, isn't it enough?
Check the price of the light halo, from 30+ tokens to 300 gems.
More punishment is forcing the player to chose a side: more TIME or more MONEY, at this point, I mean, real life money.
If one don't have time to access the site, he/she also can't have enough time to earn treasures (which come from mini games/coliseum) or trade with other players.
The ONLY way for AFK plays to catch up is purchase gems from the official.
More punishment, more profits.
ALL HAIL THE KPI.

I know to run a game site needs profits, but please don't hurt your players too much. Life is a lot of things, every one may come to it.
I afk the game for a year and when I'm back, found new gifts in my hoard, it really made me feel a warm 'welcome back'.
Though I still need to fill all the missing items ( and I haven't done it yet )

Think about I'm back and others told me 'hey, you not only miss all the holidays, and you also fail to got that item just because you didn't login one day earlier!'

I think I'll quit this game forever.
If some one AFK from the site for a long time ( put aside the reason ) he/she is already be punished by missing all the elemental holiday items, isn't it enough?
Check the price of the light halo, from 30+ tokens to 300 gems.
More punishment is forcing the player to chose a side: more TIME or more MONEY, at this point, I mean, real life money.
If one don't have time to access the site, he/she also can't have enough time to earn treasures (which come from mini games/coliseum) or trade with other players.
The ONLY way for AFK plays to catch up is purchase gems from the official.
More punishment, more profits.
ALL HAIL THE KPI.

I know to run a game site needs profits, but please don't hurt your players too much. Life is a lot of things, every one may come to it.
I afk the game for a year and when I'm back, found new gifts in my hoard, it really made me feel a warm 'welcome back'.
Though I still need to fill all the missing items ( and I haven't done it yet )

Think about I'm back and others told me 'hey, you not only miss all the holidays, and you also fail to got that item just because you didn't login one day earlier!'

I think I'll quit this game forever.
672A68079898-1_zps85a0df8c.png672A68079898-1_zps8a82b29b.png
First, thanks for keeping us informed, I really appreciate the team(s) running FR at least in part due to the openness of communication.

While I understand wanting to thank the active FR community, I am somewhat skeptical of the whole 'you have a week to grab the item' system. And, personally, I don't think extending that amount of time will really be helpful either.

Just this past holiday season, I was in the hospital for roughly a month, and I really couldn't log on to FR for the majority of that time (meaning I missed out on NotN which sucked, but I made peace with). With this system in place it would not only mean I had missed NotN but also any exclusive items given out unless I got lucky with the timing of my return home. Extra suckage.

I'm not a coder or developer, and sometimes I feel barely tech-savvy, but is there some way to make it so you can visit Galore's Gifts and just be able to retrieve any exclusive items you don't already have based off of the age of your account?

(I had originally thought of item-specific tokens that could be exchanged, but I suppose that still leaves the issue of delivering those to all the accounts)

I completely understand if my rough concept here won't work for a site like FR, it's just that between the time limit and the strong stance against 'account sharing' (in this instance: having someone with internet access log you in to grab the item - not that I'm complaining) this system could be seen as more of a chore and stress rather than a reward.
First, thanks for keeping us informed, I really appreciate the team(s) running FR at least in part due to the openness of communication.

While I understand wanting to thank the active FR community, I am somewhat skeptical of the whole 'you have a week to grab the item' system. And, personally, I don't think extending that amount of time will really be helpful either.

Just this past holiday season, I was in the hospital for roughly a month, and I really couldn't log on to FR for the majority of that time (meaning I missed out on NotN which sucked, but I made peace with). With this system in place it would not only mean I had missed NotN but also any exclusive items given out unless I got lucky with the timing of my return home. Extra suckage.

I'm not a coder or developer, and sometimes I feel barely tech-savvy, but is there some way to make it so you can visit Galore's Gifts and just be able to retrieve any exclusive items you don't already have based off of the age of your account?

(I had originally thought of item-specific tokens that could be exchanged, but I suppose that still leaves the issue of delivering those to all the accounts)

I completely understand if my rough concept here won't work for a site like FR, it's just that between the time limit and the strong stance against 'account sharing' (in this instance: having someone with internet access log you in to grab the item - not that I'm complaining) this system could be seen as more of a chore and stress rather than a reward.
Galore is gorgeous, and I appreciate the idea overall. I agree with the others who've said that 7 days seems like too short a time -- I'd love to see that extended to 14 days.
Galore is gorgeous, and I appreciate the idea overall. I agree with the others who've said that 7 days seems like too short a time -- I'd love to see that extended to 14 days.
sW60m2f.png
Oh Tidelord Galore looks gorgeous! I love this [emoji=guardian love size=1]
Oh Tidelord Galore looks gorgeous! I love this
tumblr_inline_oau8m87f2v1soemy4_75sq.png Duchess
She/her
FR +4
Skin Shop
Hatchery
Wishlist
tumblr_inline_oau8m8bPWA1soemy4_75sq.png aaarmsolympic-icon.pngTitanic109.pngrmstitanic-icon.png
I think Galore is a beautiful man
i don't care that he's so big I wanna take him to Red Robin's

All vine references aside though I love this update! Galore has a ice design and I often can't make events so this gift collection system if very appreciated!!
I think Galore is a beautiful man
i don't care that he's so big I wanna take him to Red Robin's

All vine references aside though I love this update! Galore has a ice design and I often can't make events so this gift collection system if very appreciated!!
I think maybe 2 or 3 weeks would be alot better as some people have stuff like camps for a week or gotta go away for a week for work and come back the next week (also know as a week on/ week off job kinda thing) so I'll feel bad for them
I think maybe 2 or 3 weeks would be alot better as some people have stuff like camps for a week or gotta go away for a week for work and come back the next week (also know as a week on/ week off job kinda thing) so I'll feel bad for them
Danganronpa_2_Island_Mode_Gundham_Tanaka_Pixel_Icon_%282%29.gif
New addition is incredibly cool, thank you![emoji=firework size=1]
New addition is incredibly cool, thank you!
I love Galore so much..
I love Galore so much..
tumblr_inline_naxjlrHYbk1qg78ij.png tumblr_pi915zLYQl1s80v72o1_100.png tumblr_pi915zLYQl1s80v72o4_100.png
Just woke up and had a thought- if simultaneous distribution at rollover is the problem, why not just stagger it (like dragon hunger) over the course of 15-20 minutes, at say 8:00 site time? This would ensure that nobody is going to miss out on an item, it’s more fair to users that need to take unexpected breaks, and if the staff need to intervene, it’ll be late enough that there will be staff on hand.
Just woke up and had a thought- if simultaneous distribution at rollover is the problem, why not just stagger it (like dragon hunger) over the course of 15-20 minutes, at say 8:00 site time? This would ensure that nobody is going to miss out on an item, it’s more fair to users that need to take unexpected breaks, and if the staff need to intervene, it’ll be late enough that there will be staff on hand.
giphy.gifp74ovv7.gifmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

G1 sales

p74ovv7.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
1 2 ... 65 66 67 68 69 ... 86 87