Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Clutch Balance and Lonely Hatchlings
1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Just a minor suggestion. Would it be possible to send a Boon of Fertility to members who used theirs, say yesterday?

I think maybe that would help soothe some hurt feelings.
Just a minor suggestion. Would it be possible to send a Boon of Fertility to members who used theirs, say yesterday?

I think maybe that would help soothe some hurt feelings.
daniellesshopthingdone.png
Ah still cursing my luck because I used a boon of fertilization on my one egg clutch :( blah. But clarity is good for the future.
Ah still cursing my luck because I used a boon of fertilization on my one egg clutch :( blah. But clarity is good for the future.
So does this mean breeding the same types will *never* have 5 eggs or is it still a very low chance they have 5 eggs?

Same breed pairing not having 5 eggs change doesn't seem fair imo more so for the rare breeds.
So does this mean breeding the same types will *never* have 5 eggs or is it still a very low chance they have 5 eggs?

Same breed pairing not having 5 eggs change doesn't seem fair imo more so for the rare breeds.
Personally I wish that the extra eggs hadn't been handed out. I understand the intent-- but it feels like a reward for choosing not to use a cash-obtainable feature, even if it's unintended. I would have preferred if everyone was sent an account bound egg from their starting flight or something. It feels like punishing users for using gems imo.

And significant amounts of gems don't come from thin air (as far as I am aware). They are USD that is fed into the site-- and while I understand the good intentions behind this gift, it seems to say; Sorry, maybe you shouldn't use this USD item in the future! Which is fine, I can cross those off my list, sure. But it's just very disheartening. I don't think that it was intentional or anything-- but I do feel that it could have been thought through better considering that the boon is a cheap, impulse purchase priced item. That's $3.50 USD to hatch an egg early, which is quite a lot to spend just to pop your eggs early.

This is especially true during the last few days where the fairgrounds were closed, and players with gems were tempted to do what they could with their currency to create a profit. With players who have long breeding cooldowns on their pairs, getting the correct genes in can be a big price difference in the turn around-- and using a boon on a nest can be the difference between having the money on time and having to delay your breeding by a day and get off track for months, possibly.

If it was a tweak down and all active nests that had two or more eggs had an egg removed, I'm sure there would be a lot of outcry-- especially if players who used boons didn't suffer for it. On the one hand it's 'oh well' for those of us who spent gems. On the other hand, I can say that I doubt I'll be using boons from now on, in case there are other adjustments to the nests that get boosts.
Personally I wish that the extra eggs hadn't been handed out. I understand the intent-- but it feels like a reward for choosing not to use a cash-obtainable feature, even if it's unintended. I would have preferred if everyone was sent an account bound egg from their starting flight or something. It feels like punishing users for using gems imo.

And significant amounts of gems don't come from thin air (as far as I am aware). They are USD that is fed into the site-- and while I understand the good intentions behind this gift, it seems to say; Sorry, maybe you shouldn't use this USD item in the future! Which is fine, I can cross those off my list, sure. But it's just very disheartening. I don't think that it was intentional or anything-- but I do feel that it could have been thought through better considering that the boon is a cheap, impulse purchase priced item. That's $3.50 USD to hatch an egg early, which is quite a lot to spend just to pop your eggs early.

This is especially true during the last few days where the fairgrounds were closed, and players with gems were tempted to do what they could with their currency to create a profit. With players who have long breeding cooldowns on their pairs, getting the correct genes in can be a big price difference in the turn around-- and using a boon on a nest can be the difference between having the money on time and having to delay your breeding by a day and get off track for months, possibly.

If it was a tweak down and all active nests that had two or more eggs had an egg removed, I'm sure there would be a lot of outcry-- especially if players who used boons didn't suffer for it. On the one hand it's 'oh well' for those of us who spent gems. On the other hand, I can say that I doubt I'll be using boons from now on, in case there are other adjustments to the nests that get boosts.
The only reason why I even used a boon on a single egg clutch was because of the rumor that eggs can decay even if cared for. Which turned out to be false.

And to think that I would've got a second gened Wildclaw if I had waited... Yeah, I'm feeling rather dumb for doing that.
The only reason why I even used a boon on a single egg clutch was because of the rumor that eggs can decay even if cared for. Which turned out to be false.

And to think that I would've got a second gened Wildclaw if I had waited... Yeah, I'm feeling rather dumb for doing that.
Speaking of updates, has the male ridgeback gone through puberty? Suddenly *attractive*.
Speaking of updates, has the male ridgeback gone through puberty? Suddenly *attractive*.
tgTY.png
At least now I know I should never risk buying gems and getting a boon. If I had known I'd get a free egg for both of my and my friend's botched one-eggers, we wouldn't have gone "WELP, CAN'T GET ANY WORSE THAN THIS- *boon*"

YOLO!

Oh well. No sour grapes, eh? I should invest into learning how to see the future! It'd be great at the race track, for sure!
At least now I know I should never risk buying gems and getting a boon. If I had known I'd get a free egg for both of my and my friend's botched one-eggers, we wouldn't have gone "WELP, CAN'T GET ANY WORSE THAN THIS- *boon*"

YOLO!

Oh well. No sour grapes, eh? I should invest into learning how to see the future! It'd be great at the race track, for sure!
I understand people being upset that they paid RL $$ for fertility boons. only to have people get extra eggs today. Well. I understand the frustration.

But, correct me if I'm wrong: boons of fertility make your clutches hatch immediately, don't they? They don't increase the number of eggs you get. Right?

So. Why are people upset about two completely different things?

People with one egg nests didn't suddenly have their eggs hatched. They got an additional egg. The admin adding an egg to people's nests did not impact how quickly those eggs will hatch. Yes, they get an extra dragon, but at the same timeframe as the other egg that was already in there.

As for the same-sex clutch size: Given that was not planning on cross-breeding my dragons, yeah, I'd rather see same-species dragons be able to have 5-egg clutches too, maybe at a 1% chance rather than 5% to keep them from flooding the world more than they already have. This does not mean, however, that I will never again give FR any RL cash or that I'm going to quit playing. Those reactions seem a little over the top to me.
I understand people being upset that they paid RL $$ for fertility boons. only to have people get extra eggs today. Well. I understand the frustration.

But, correct me if I'm wrong: boons of fertility make your clutches hatch immediately, don't they? They don't increase the number of eggs you get. Right?

So. Why are people upset about two completely different things?

People with one egg nests didn't suddenly have their eggs hatched. They got an additional egg. The admin adding an egg to people's nests did not impact how quickly those eggs will hatch. Yes, they get an extra dragon, but at the same timeframe as the other egg that was already in there.

As for the same-sex clutch size: Given that was not planning on cross-breeding my dragons, yeah, I'd rather see same-species dragons be able to have 5-egg clutches too, maybe at a 1% chance rather than 5% to keep them from flooding the world more than they already have. This does not mean, however, that I will never again give FR any RL cash or that I'm going to quit playing. Those reactions seem a little over the top to me.
Hail1.png
Thank you for the update! I don't see why anyone would be upset, it all looks pretty fair to me.

Can't wait to see more future updates. :^)
Thank you for the update! I don't see why anyone would be upset, it all looks pretty fair to me.

Can't wait to see more future updates. :^)
Volunteer Moderator
If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising staff, not the volunteer moderator group.
XRwFykP.png

Is it true that you receive a free egg boon? When I clicked it it said I did not have it.
Is it true that you receive a free egg boon? When I clicked it it said I did not have it.
1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25