Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Clutch Balance and Lonely Hatchlings
1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
I'm okay with the new ratios, but I really think starters should be excluded from the no 5-clutch thing. I do not think my sister's Fae progs should be restricted in clutch size in the same way as my future Wildclaw pair. I understand about keeping rares rare and rewarding risk, but I just don't get it.
I'm okay with the new ratios, but I really think starters should be excluded from the no 5-clutch thing. I do not think my sister's Fae progs should be restricted in clutch size in the same way as my future Wildclaw pair. I understand about keeping rares rare and rewarding risk, but I just don't get it.
tumblr_inline_mpqjukx8jw1qz4rgp.png
@Sigrun, @Undel , that egg is dead, it did not disappear. Just a bit difficult to see in that flight:
http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=hatchery&id=3055
@Sigrun, @Undel , that egg is dead, it did not disappear. Just a bit difficult to see in that flight:
http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=hatchery&id=3055
@Leondragon, nope, no one received a free boon from this update.
@Leondragon, nope, no one received a free boon from this update.
@Ariento, erm no one restricted breeds by rarity. As long as they crossbreed (Fae+any other breed, including starter breeds), they can still have a chance to get 5 eggs.
@Ariento, erm no one restricted breeds by rarity. As long as they crossbreed (Fae+any other breed, including starter breeds), they can still have a chance to get 5 eggs.
@Ciaran
Those, like me, that used a Boon missed out on an opportunity to get another egg.
It's not about the early hatching, it's about feeling like we're being punished for using real money to hatch early. If we didn't, we would be receiving an additional egg; same as everyone else that had a one-egg breeding.

It is true that the Boon isn't necessary to play, and that having the egg(s) hatch early should be it's own reward; however there is this uncomfortable feeling of "Hey, that's not fair!" that I can't seem to completely tamp down.

I work full time, I appreciate that the Admins here are working hard too, and deserve their due. I enjoy the site, and I don't know if I'll be able to get on every day. The 5 dollars donated makes me feel like I'm helping contribute to the site's growth, to the deserved paychecks of the admins, and allows me to play despite my lack of time.

Getting one egg in a clutch was disappointing, watching everyone else that didn't pay to hatch early get another is sort of like trying to clap politely and be happy for someone else when you've been neglected. It stings and it's a bit bitter.

I know I myself am just trying to shrug it off, I know the admins only meant to appease their users and I appreciate the sentiment; it's just going to be a hard **** to swallow for those that Boon'd and lost out.
@Leondragon
Nope. You don't get an extra egg, they just hatch instantly.
@Ciaran
Those, like me, that used a Boon missed out on an opportunity to get another egg.
It's not about the early hatching, it's about feeling like we're being punished for using real money to hatch early. If we didn't, we would be receiving an additional egg; same as everyone else that had a one-egg breeding.

It is true that the Boon isn't necessary to play, and that having the egg(s) hatch early should be it's own reward; however there is this uncomfortable feeling of "Hey, that's not fair!" that I can't seem to completely tamp down.

I work full time, I appreciate that the Admins here are working hard too, and deserve their due. I enjoy the site, and I don't know if I'll be able to get on every day. The 5 dollars donated makes me feel like I'm helping contribute to the site's growth, to the deserved paychecks of the admins, and allows me to play despite my lack of time.

Getting one egg in a clutch was disappointing, watching everyone else that didn't pay to hatch early get another is sort of like trying to clap politely and be happy for someone else when you've been neglected. It stings and it's a bit bitter.

I know I myself am just trying to shrug it off, I know the admins only meant to appease their users and I appreciate the sentiment; it's just going to be a hard **** to swallow for those that Boon'd and lost out.
@Leondragon
Nope. You don't get an extra egg, they just hatch instantly.
9g0BXbt.gif
I don't see the point of no purebred five egg clutches either. To be honest I don't think it will keep the rare dragon population down. Many users would rather have four really rare purebreds than play species roulette not favoring the rare dragon that's worth a lot more. It's sort of punishing to new users who got both of the same species progenitors as well. Either way I'm happy I have less chance at a 1 egg clutch now. Thank you for listening to the user base.

On the issue of those who used boons not getting an extra egg I'd say it is quite unfair to them. I understand why some reacted so negatively because other users who did not pay got an extra egg, while they paid to support the site and its basically. "Well too bad, your clutch was hatched already." Though the rage of some users is over the top, if I paid enough money for 8 boons of fertility, only to find out that because I did so I don't get an extra egg... to be honest I see exactly why they're so furious.
I don't see the point of no purebred five egg clutches either. To be honest I don't think it will keep the rare dragon population down. Many users would rather have four really rare purebreds than play species roulette not favoring the rare dragon that's worth a lot more. It's sort of punishing to new users who got both of the same species progenitors as well. Either way I'm happy I have less chance at a 1 egg clutch now. Thank you for listening to the user base.

On the issue of those who used boons not getting an extra egg I'd say it is quite unfair to them. I understand why some reacted so negatively because other users who did not pay got an extra egg, while they paid to support the site and its basically. "Well too bad, your clutch was hatched already." Though the rage of some users is over the top, if I paid enough money for 8 boons of fertility, only to find out that because I did so I don't get an extra egg... to be honest I see exactly why they're so furious.
@Ciaran - Yes but the idea of hatching the egg early is to make money by being able to sell the offspring. A second egg in a clutch is more valuable than one egg hatched right away, and would instead have probably been worth the time lost to people.

I accept that what has happened has happened, I just hope in the future that I will also get compensation for things that affect me (I would have had compensation for one nest if I had not used a boon), and not miss out because I chose to spend USD. Again, I understand that is isn't the intent, but it feels like I spent USD and then lost out on possible treasure for it.
@Ciaran - Yes but the idea of hatching the egg early is to make money by being able to sell the offspring. A second egg in a clutch is more valuable than one egg hatched right away, and would instead have probably been worth the time lost to people.

I accept that what has happened has happened, I just hope in the future that I will also get compensation for things that affect me (I would have had compensation for one nest if I had not used a boon), and not miss out because I chose to spend USD. Again, I understand that is isn't the intent, but it feels like I spent USD and then lost out on possible treasure for it.
[quote name="Elviril" date="2013-06-27 14:21:07" url="main.php?p=mb&board=ann&page=11&id=176394#182683"]@Ariento, erm no one restricted breeds by rarity. As long as they crossbreed (Fae+any other breed, including starter breeds), they can still have a chance to get 5 eggs.[/quote] @Elviril No, you're misunderstanding me. I'm saying that same-starter pairs shouldn't be restricted like other same-breed pairs are. I mean that my sister's progs (both faes) should be able to produce 5 eggs, but higher rarities (my future wildclaws) should not. I'm saying it should be changed.
@Elviril No, you're misunderstanding me. I'm saying that same-starter pairs shouldn't be restricted like other same-breed pairs are. I mean that my sister's progs (both faes) should be able to produce 5 eggs, but higher rarities (my future wildclaws) should not. I'm saying it should be changed.
tumblr_inline_mpqjukx8jw1qz4rgp.png
[quote name="Mutie" date="2013-06-27 11:50:34" url="main.php?p=mb&board=ann&page=9&id=176394#180859"]:/ Couldn't you have tweaked the egg percentages without shafting people who want to breed same-species dragons? Here I was making plans to turn my first two dragons into spirals because I've been in love with that breed since I joined, and now there are compelling reasons to make one of them a different species JUST because of these changes. What is even the point? Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the fact it's now much less likely to get 1 egg in a clutch, but the rest of these tweaks were unnecessary and illogical.[/quote] This. I don't think we should be punished for wanting to guarantee the breed of a clutch.
:/ Couldn't you have tweaked the egg percentages without shafting people who want to breed same-species dragons? Here I was making plans to turn my first two dragons into spirals because I've been in love with that breed since I joined, and now there are compelling reasons to make one of them a different species JUST because of these changes. What is even the point?

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the fact it's now much less likely to get 1 egg in a clutch, but the rest of these tweaks were unnecessary and illogical.

This. I don't think we should be punished for wanting to guarantee the breed of a clutch.
@elviril
@Tayce

Oooh. Thank you for the clarification.
@elviril
@Tayce

Oooh. Thank you for the clarification.
1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25