Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Clutch Balance and Lonely Hatchlings
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25
[center][img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/news6-27-13.png[/img][/center] As you know, there were some recent changes to the way nest sizes were calculated. At launch, nest populations were not playing out the way we intended, so we sought to amend the tables to more heavily weight them towards 2 egg nests. There is a lot of anger directed at this most recent update, which we believe is fueled mostly by a misunderstanding of how the system operates. Single egg nests are supposed to be an occasional and mildly disappointing event, not as common an occurrence as it was. Equally, a five egg nest was supposed to be a rare and exhilarating stroke of luck. Due to the former not being the case, we had to make changes. During my review of the code, I noticed we lacked precision when dealing with the randomization of the nest sizes which resulted in a spread of stats more even than we intended. In this most recent update I implemented a much stronger weight for 2 and 3 egg nests and taking away from the weight of single egg nests across the board. In yesterday's update, wildclaw dragons bred against other wildclaws did not receive this buff. We decided we liked this just about as much as you did, and from this point onward [b] dragon species clutch sizes will behave the same[/b], regardless of breed rarity. Below are the values which are now live: [b]When you interbreed 2 dragons of different species, this table is used:[/b] A chance at a 5th egg is added because you rolled the dice with species outcome. [LIST] [*]5 eggs (5%) [*]4 eggs (10%) [*]3 eggs (45%) [*]2 eggs (30%) [*]1 egg (10%) [/LIST] [b]If you breed two dragons of the same species, this table is used:[/b] [LIST] [*]4 eggs (12%) [*]3 eggs (40%) [*]2 eggs (38%) [*]1 egg (10%) [/LIST] We hope this better clarifies what was done to breeding in hopes of improving your gameplay experience. To help make up for any confusion over recent changes, [b]any current 1 egg nests on site have grown to two[/b] (as of this post). Thanks for playing, and have a great morning.
news6-27-13.png

As you know, there were some recent changes to the way nest sizes were calculated. At launch, nest populations were not playing out the way we intended, so we sought to amend the tables to more heavily weight them towards 2 egg nests. There is a lot of anger directed at this most recent update, which we believe is fueled mostly by a misunderstanding of how the system operates.

Single egg nests are supposed to be an occasional and mildly disappointing event, not as common an occurrence as it was. Equally, a five egg nest was supposed to be a rare and exhilarating stroke of luck.

Due to the former not being the case, we had to make changes. During my review of the code, I noticed we lacked precision when dealing with the randomization of the nest sizes which resulted in a spread of stats more even than we intended. In this most recent update I implemented a much stronger weight for 2 and 3 egg nests and taking away from the weight of single egg nests across the board.

In yesterday's update, wildclaw dragons bred against other wildclaws did not receive this buff. We decided we liked this just about as much as you did, and from this point onward dragon species clutch sizes will behave the same, regardless of breed rarity. Below are the values which are now live:

When you interbreed 2 dragons of different species, this table is used: A chance at a 5th egg is added because you rolled the dice with species outcome.
  • 5 eggs (5%)
  • 4 eggs (10%)
  • 3 eggs (45%)
  • 2 eggs (30%)
  • 1 egg (10%)

If you breed two dragons of the same species, this table is used:
  • 4 eggs (12%)
  • 3 eggs (40%)
  • 2 eggs (38%)
  • 1 egg (10%)

We hope this better clarifies what was done to breeding in hopes of improving your gameplay experience. To help make up for any confusion over recent changes, any current 1 egg nests on site have grown to two (as of this post).

Thanks for playing, and have a great morning.
Flight Rising Developer
Best Artist Not Allowed to Art | Business Ops | Engineering
Thank you! This change is certainly welcome :]
Thank you! This change is certainly welcome :]
This is great thank you staff :o
This is great thank you staff :o
2jazz2g.jpg
Thanks so much guys!
Thanks so much guys!
Thank you , i can't wait and see how much eggs I'll get tomorrow :)
Thank you , i can't wait and see how much eggs I'll get tomorrow :)
“No dragon can resist the fascination of riddling talk and of wasting time trying to understand it.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit, or There and Back Again
And thank -you- for providing a solution to this problem. As one of the (judging from the amount of flak I got) more outspoken public proponents of a better balance to clutch sizes, I am extremely excited to see this fix, and to have public and acknowledged odds as a known factor. The "5 eggs only for mixed-breed" idea is actually really nice, and I applaud specifically whoever came up with that.
And thank -you- for providing a solution to this problem. As one of the (judging from the amount of flak I got) more outspoken public proponents of a better balance to clutch sizes, I am extremely excited to see this fix, and to have public and acknowledged odds as a known factor. The "5 eggs only for mixed-breed" idea is actually really nice, and I applaud specifically whoever came up with that.
There is a girl with a crown and a scepter...
Thank you very much for the quick analyzing, quick thinking, quick fixing, and quick reporting.
Thank you very much for the quick analyzing, quick thinking, quick fixing, and quick reporting.
This is great news! Good work!
This is great news! Good work!
This is great. Thanks!
This is great. Thanks!
Interesting that its impossible to get a 5 egg clutch with a same species cross, will defo bear this in mind in the future!

Thanks so much for this update guys, after 3 one egg clutches its a real boost! =D
Interesting that its impossible to get a 5 egg clutch with a same species cross, will defo bear this in mind in the future!

Thanks so much for this update guys, after 3 one egg clutches its a real boost! =D
RoFhatchlingbanner1_zps7e29e49b.jpg
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25