Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Clutch Balance and Lonely Hatchlings
1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
@Jake If I'd known waiting would have given me more eggs, I would have gladly done it! As it stood, though, there were rumors of bugged and rotten eggs and the finality of knowing, at the time, that eggs do not magically appear in nests if you wait and wish hard enough! :'D If only I had known! Oh, diddly darn!
@Jake If I'd known waiting would have given me more eggs, I would have gladly done it! As it stood, though, there were rumors of bugged and rotten eggs and the finality of knowing, at the time, that eggs do not magically appear in nests if you wait and wish hard enough! :'D If only I had known! Oh, diddly darn!
I guess the only thing I don't understand about the anger is the fear that something like this will happen again. A lot of people are acting like its an inevitable thing--"I got ****** once so I know it will happen again."

That line of thinking just doesn't make sense to me. I think the developers are attentive enough, and invested enough, that they will learn from this mistake and try to ensure that something like this will never happen again. This doesn't dissuade me from buying gems at all, this was an anomaly and I know that they're probably working on an appropriate reimbursement for those who lost out.

Trust me, I totally understand the anger over missing out on the extra egg. That's a lot of treasure, I just don't think that it justifies the kind of buyer beware sentiment I've been reading. (Totally my opinion though, please don't take this as a lecture! :'O)

Nor do I think it justified the nastiness from earlier!
I guess the only thing I don't understand about the anger is the fear that something like this will happen again. A lot of people are acting like its an inevitable thing--"I got ****** once so I know it will happen again."

That line of thinking just doesn't make sense to me. I think the developers are attentive enough, and invested enough, that they will learn from this mistake and try to ensure that something like this will never happen again. This doesn't dissuade me from buying gems at all, this was an anomaly and I know that they're probably working on an appropriate reimbursement for those who lost out.

Trust me, I totally understand the anger over missing out on the extra egg. That's a lot of treasure, I just don't think that it justifies the kind of buyer beware sentiment I've been reading. (Totally my opinion though, please don't take this as a lecture! :'O)

Nor do I think it justified the nastiness from earlier!
daniellesshopthingdone.png
@Jake - Because it was profitable quickly. On regular one egg clutches, using a boon still turns a profit. In this case I am counting the loss of an entire egg, which I had no way of knowing could be added to my clutch. You can look over the math on another page to see why this upsets me.

So to make it clear;

1. Of course no one forced me

2. Using a boon on one egg is not a waste of money if you need treasure fast

3. Waiting for a larger clutch? Do you mean waiting to see if with no warning the admins will add an extra egg to compensate me? Because I am not psychic.

4. The boon has only become a 'waste' (ie putting me in the red) because of the additional egg.
@Jake - Because it was profitable quickly. On regular one egg clutches, using a boon still turns a profit. In this case I am counting the loss of an entire egg, which I had no way of knowing could be added to my clutch. You can look over the math on another page to see why this upsets me.

So to make it clear;

1. Of course no one forced me

2. Using a boon on one egg is not a waste of money if you need treasure fast

3. Waiting for a larger clutch? Do you mean waiting to see if with no warning the admins will add an extra egg to compensate me? Because I am not psychic.

4. The boon has only become a 'waste' (ie putting me in the red) because of the additional egg.
Yay, now I don't feel as lousy a dragon breeder!
Yay, now I don't feel as lousy a dragon breeder!
phke_zpsfbf77644.png
Yay, I have another egg now<3
Yay, I have another egg now<3
Please ping me on threads. Thank you^^
Thank you very much -- I had my second 1-egg clutch out of two clutches and was VERY discouraged, and now I have a 2-egg clutch and a 3-egg clutch.

Thank you very much -- I had my second 1-egg clutch out of two clutches and was VERY discouraged, and now I have a 2-egg clutch and a 3-egg clutch.

@Ariento, I do not see, why the rare breed should get punished? Progens can still breed with other starter breeds. And some progens are scrolled into rare breeds. It is rare to get 5 eggs as it is, so breeding 2 of the same breed progens at the very start of the game does not mean your friend is losing out on something. They would get better odds of getting 4 eggs, for example than crossbreeds.
@Ariento, I do not see, why the rare breed should get punished? Progens can still breed with other starter breeds. And some progens are scrolled into rare breeds. It is rare to get 5 eggs as it is, so breeding 2 of the same breed progens at the very start of the game does not mean your friend is losing out on something. They would get better odds of getting 4 eggs, for example than crossbreeds.
[quote name="Airyll" date="2013-06-27 08:07:53" url="main.php?p=mb&board=ann&page=7&id=176394#178360"]I love this new update (despite that I was only able to breed one pair of dragons and got a clutch of two so didn't suffer from it) but... I have to agree with people who are asking for at least a [i]chance[/i] to receive a five egg clutch from a pure breeding. This [i]is[/i] a breeding site, so there [i]are[/i] people here who carefully plan pairings based on the dragons they are getting. Imperials and other rare breeds already have [i]massively[/i] long cooldowns in the grand scheme of things, so people who have worked to get a planned pair of two Imperials or two Wildclaws are now going to be denied the chance at ever getting that rare five-egg clutch. Whether or not it tries to deal with the idea of population issues is irrelevant because that's why we have breeding cooldowns and that's why the five egg clutch is so rare to begin with. But [i]removing it completely[/i] from a pure pair is just a plain bad move all round and I don't agree with it.[/quote] I do have to agree with this aspect of it. However, I can see the reasoning behind why the choice was made -- perhaps after some time to see how this all plays out, the duration of the cool down cycles could be reconsidered?
I love this new update (despite that I was only able to breed one pair of dragons and got a clutch of two so didn&#039;t suffer from it) but...

I have to agree with people who are asking for at least a chance to receive a five egg clutch from a pure breeding. This is a breeding site, so there are people here who carefully plan pairings based on the dragons they are getting. Imperials and other rare breeds already have massively long cooldowns in the grand scheme of things, so people who have worked to get a planned pair of two Imperials or two Wildclaws are now going to be denied the chance at ever getting that rare five-egg clutch.

Whether or not it tries to deal with the idea of population issues is irrelevant because that&#039;s why we have breeding cooldowns and that&#039;s why the five egg clutch is so rare to begin with. But removing it completely from a pure pair is just a plain bad move all round and I don&#039;t agree with it.

I do have to agree with this aspect of it. However, I can see the reasoning behind why the choice was made -- perhaps after some time to see how this all plays out, the duration of the cool down cycles could be reconsidered?
The intent of the extra egg was a gesture of goodwill. Going forward we hope everyone will enjoy the changes to clutch size.
The intent of the extra egg was a gesture of goodwill. Going forward we hope everyone will enjoy the changes to clutch size.
@Undel - I think we will all enjoy the changes and I want to thank the staff for making them. I just wanted to clarify to some people why I feel upset that I lost the chance for another egg.
@Undel - I think we will all enjoy the changes and I want to thank the staff for making them. I just wanted to clarify to some people why I feel upset that I lost the chance for another egg.
1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25