Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Rename NotN to Midwinter Masquerade
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
@Ivythorn Nocturne stuff would still be available, this suggestion is more for it taking a step back from the Shadow aesthetic.
@Ivythorn Nocturne stuff would still be available, this suggestion is more for it taking a step back from the Shadow aesthetic.
Selling old UMAs/giveaway
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
progress-rainbow-rainbow-garter-blm.png
No support. The event is about Nocturnes, so why take the name away from them? Additionally, December is only the beginning of winter (/nitpick) and if you make winter the theme, then people will start complaining about it being Ice-themed and getting a second holiday that way. Leave it as is, it's fine.
No support. The event is about Nocturnes, so why take the name away from them? Additionally, December is only the beginning of winter (/nitpick) and if you make winter the theme, then people will start complaining about it being Ice-themed and getting a second holiday that way. Leave it as is, it's fine.
crowdogxey/itFR±0
w9bDUNq.pngMq6kNcy.pngPgv53XB.pngUwlzUwS.png
Also no support. The event was for an introduction of a species, and now it's their anniversary - it's exciting! Why can't it be theirs?

But if it ever was to be changed, I'd beg that the theme not become 'midwinter' because it's not winter in half the world, and it gets so tedious having our December-time inundated with snowflakes for our hot, hot weather. (Seriously, I've seen places with plastic fake snow, directly above the full-blast air con)

Having a season-agnostic celebration on FR is pretty unique tbh and I'm pretty attached to it.
Also no support. The event was for an introduction of a species, and now it's their anniversary - it's exciting! Why can't it be theirs?

But if it ever was to be changed, I'd beg that the theme not become 'midwinter' because it's not winter in half the world, and it gets so tedious having our December-time inundated with snowflakes for our hot, hot weather. (Seriously, I've seen places with plastic fake snow, directly above the full-blast air con)

Having a season-agnostic celebration on FR is pretty unique tbh and I'm pretty attached to it.
FR Time +19 - Sorry if I'm slow to reply, I'm on the other side of the world!
Full support for this. I mean, I get it, Nocturnes were introduced by this time of year, which is exciting, but it was several years ago. First two years it might be kind of nice, but now, it's pretty dull. There's nothing new and exciting about Nocturnes any more, they're not a famously well-loved breed, and as mentioned, it is too Shadow-y in its aesthetic.
Full support for this. I mean, I get it, Nocturnes were introduced by this time of year, which is exciting, but it was several years ago. First two years it might be kind of nice, but now, it's pretty dull. There's nothing new and exciting about Nocturnes any more, they're not a famously well-loved breed, and as mentioned, it is too Shadow-y in its aesthetic.
Imo, night of the nocturne wouldve served better as a one time thing, with its items being distrbiuted over more difficult to attain means ie baldwin or a new npc but thats besides the point.

Support for changing the name, its an event that feels extremely dated and giving it a proper theme, that isnt abhorrently dated feeling, like a true end of the year trinket festival. Yes the items would be the same, yes nocturne stuff would still drop, its a festival. Bringing special attention to nocturnes after their introduction over and over but ruining their worth by flooding the market with scrolls and eggs once a year so prices dont have time to gradually drop as normal, but PLUMMET, seems a little ironic. Nocturnes are no longer special, give the holiday a name it could thrive upon.
Imo, night of the nocturne wouldve served better as a one time thing, with its items being distrbiuted over more difficult to attain means ie baldwin or a new npc but thats besides the point.

Support for changing the name, its an event that feels extremely dated and giving it a proper theme, that isnt abhorrently dated feeling, like a true end of the year trinket festival. Yes the items would be the same, yes nocturne stuff would still drop, its a festival. Bringing special attention to nocturnes after their introduction over and over but ruining their worth by flooding the market with scrolls and eggs once a year so prices dont have time to gradually drop as normal, but PLUMMET, seems a little ironic. Nocturnes are no longer special, give the holiday a name it could thrive upon.
4gOhMzr.png Lore/Misc:

Clan An Duin
Progenitor Dross
Epsilon's Archives
Naomi Breeders Inc.

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
WdyTW3r.png
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Shops:

Error: File not Found
Naomi Blood Hatchery
FR Item/CS Item Shop
Art Shop WIP
6 Digit G1s For Sale

ToTPy94.png
I adore the name Midwinter Masquerade, and I personally think it's accurate. When I think of "masquerade" I think of a disguise, not a party (although that might just be me). I hope it gets changed to this or something similar.
I adore the name Midwinter Masquerade, and I personally think it's accurate. When I think of "masquerade" I think of a disguise, not a party (although that might just be me). I hope it gets changed to this or something similar.
oie.Pgg1_l68r_QDSN.png
I prefer the name Mimicry Masquerade, to avoid a double ice holiday, but I severely agree. NotN is becoming dull, I mean... It's neat and all that it's the anniversary of their release, but they're a common breed now, their genones aren't worth much at all, and having something new would be fantastic.
I prefer the name Mimicry Masquerade, to avoid a double ice holiday, but I severely agree. NotN is becoming dull, I mean... It's neat and all that it's the anniversary of their release, but they're a common breed now, their genones aren't worth much at all, and having something new would be fantastic.
•I no longer play, but that's left of my lair is not for sale•
I'm really liking Solstice Switch and December Deception, the masquerade theme is a little overdone on pet sites and it's not midwinter down under~
I'm really liking Solstice Switch and December Deception, the masquerade theme is a little overdone on pet sites and it's not midwinter down under~
Shade Possession Suggestion Thread

A deity is a god. A diety is a weight loss prayer~!
LotusCandy wrote on 2017-06-15:
ICSNORK MENEING EY
[img]https://i.gyazo.com/9a37fce68fd3290fd81f344a02b903c9.png[/img] [img]https://i.gyazo.com/9a7af5ef9c67b61b8e8814aec785cd0e.png[/img]
9a37fce68fd3290fd81f344a02b903c9.png

9a7af5ef9c67b61b8e8814aec785cd0e.png
[quote]it's not midwinter down under~[/quote] But it apparently is midwinter where Nocturnes live, and that's the important thing. Because I do think that Nocturnes should still be involved and available... just not right at the front and center of the holiday. Bogsneaks didn't get any sort of celebration that could be repeated on the anniversary or anything. But, lore-wise, Nocturnes are just everywhere at that time of year (the shortest day of the year). So... any sort of party that involves mimicry is cool in my eyes. I wouldn't quibble over whether it was called a masquerade or a costume party, though. I just think it shouldn't be about Nocturnes solely.
Quote:
it's not midwinter down under~
But it apparently is midwinter where Nocturnes live, and that's the important thing.

Because I do think that Nocturnes should still be involved and available... just not right at the front and center of the holiday. Bogsneaks didn't get any sort of celebration that could be repeated on the anniversary or anything. But, lore-wise, Nocturnes are just everywhere at that time of year (the shortest day of the year).

So... any sort of party that involves mimicry is cool in my eyes. I wouldn't quibble over whether it was called a masquerade or a costume party, though. I just think it shouldn't be about Nocturnes solely.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8