Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Rename NotN to Midwinter Masquerade
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[color=green]Credit for name idea goes to BatCrooks, I have permission to post this suggestion in their stead! It would put less emphasis on the Shadow breed, which has caused some contention (people feeling like it's a second Shadow festival, then Shadow people getting irritated over it). (And despite people saying it's not a Shadow fest, the aesthetic and content make it look like one - ex. the dark color, stars, smoke, and brambles, which all feature in Shadow venues/lore/festival apparel.) [img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/non_banner.png[/img] Being less breed-centric, it could open up more lore opportunities. Maybe even opportunities for other breeds to be included - Nature eggs look like seeds/coconuts, Earth eggs look like rocks... pretty mimic-y. This suggestion isn't for any major changes to mechanics. Nocturne eggs, mimic chests, all that stuff would still show up. [quote=BatCrooks]Nocturne eggs could even still feature, with the same explanation as before. It's just the time of year Nocturnes are very active! Renaming it would open up opportunities for different themes in apparel sets, and it could shift focus to a time when the whole world of Sornieth gets a little curiously topsy turvy rather than specifically influenced by the breed made by Shadowbinder.[/quote]
Credit for name idea goes to BatCrooks, I have permission to post this suggestion in their stead!

It would put less emphasis on the Shadow breed, which has caused some contention (people feeling like it's a second Shadow festival, then Shadow people getting irritated over it).

(And despite people saying it's not a Shadow fest, the aesthetic and content make it look like one - ex. the dark color, stars, smoke, and brambles, which all feature in Shadow venues/lore/festival apparel.)

non_banner.png

Being less breed-centric, it could open up more lore opportunities. Maybe even opportunities for other breeds to be included - Nature eggs look like seeds/coconuts, Earth eggs look like rocks... pretty mimic-y.

This suggestion isn't for any major changes to mechanics. Nocturne eggs, mimic chests, all that stuff would still show up.

BatCrooks wrote:
Nocturne eggs could even still feature, with the same explanation as before. It's just the time of year Nocturnes are very active! Renaming it would open up opportunities for different themes in apparel sets, and it could shift focus to a time when the whole world of Sornieth gets a little curiously topsy turvy rather than specifically influenced by the breed made by Shadowbinder.
Selling old UMAs/giveaway
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
progress-rainbow-rainbow-garter-blm.png
Nocturne eggs could even still feature, with the same explanation as before. It's just the time of year Nocturnes are very active! Renaming it would open up opportunities for different themes in apparel sets, and it could shift focus to a time when the whole world of Sornieth gets a little curiously topsy turvy rather than specifically influenced by the breed made by Shadowbinder.
Personally I feel if they do rename it it should probably become Night of the Mimics as it would focus more on mimicry. Masquerade doesn't really sound mimicy to me but more of a giant ball with masks etc... Dressing up and hiding what you truly are (in a good way hopefully)
Personally I feel if they do rename it it should probably become Night of the Mimics as it would focus more on mimicry. Masquerade doesn't really sound mimicy to me but more of a giant ball with masks etc... Dressing up and hiding what you truly are (in a good way hopefully)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
support. i love notn but it's inevitably going to get stale.
support. i love notn but it's inevitably going to get stale.
qLQeTFk.gif
xxxxx
ARAxlYW.png
oxDm2Un.png
FObX7rS.png
nWiQNX9.png
mlHpBMC.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
xxxxx 9121892.png
As the points mentioned above, it would open up tons more possibilities!

And with the name of Midwinter Masquerade, think of the glittery, elegant apparel that could be added.

Ooh, I would love masquerade-ball outfits.

Just think about it for a moment and realize that doing so could get the bored older players more interested, too, and you could even add 1-2 gem sets of apparel. With more older players now interested again, there could be more site revenue.

This would be a good thing all the way around.
As the points mentioned above, it would open up tons more possibilities!

And with the name of Midwinter Masquerade, think of the glittery, elegant apparel that could be added.

Ooh, I would love masquerade-ball outfits.

Just think about it for a moment and realize that doing so could get the bored older players more interested, too, and you could even add 1-2 gem sets of apparel. With more older players now interested again, there could be more site revenue.

This would be a good thing all the way around.
Check out the Sales tab in my lair! It's full of gen 1s!

Water my plants?
1122832.png1123143.png1122971.png
@Jemadar What's dressing up and pretending to be something else but a kind of mimicry? ;)

And all the other months have flight festivals, why not another festival of sorts? "Night of the X" doesn't really have that special ring to it.
@Jemadar What's dressing up and pretending to be something else but a kind of mimicry? ;)

And all the other months have flight festivals, why not another festival of sorts? "Night of the X" doesn't really have that special ring to it.
Selling old UMAs/giveaway
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
progress-rainbow-rainbow-garter-blm.png
Support.

I don't like Night of the Mimics as an alt name - it's really plain, tbh.

It would be interesting to have more "midwintery" items too. It is the period of the longest nights in the North Hemisphere, after all.
Support.

I don't like Night of the Mimics as an alt name - it's really plain, tbh.

It would be interesting to have more "midwintery" items too. It is the period of the longest nights in the North Hemisphere, after all.
Full support for changing the name, but hesitate about the "Masquerade" title. Not saying it's bad, but the current NotN theme isn't really about dressing up, fancy masks and stuffs like that.
Plus I'm afraid the title "Masquerade" would set the theme (aesthetically) for the festival, limiting the possibilities of future items and apparels. It'll be nicer if the title could be a bit more broad.
Full support for changing the name, but hesitate about the "Masquerade" title. Not saying it's bad, but the current NotN theme isn't really about dressing up, fancy masks and stuffs like that.
Plus I'm afraid the title "Masquerade" would set the theme (aesthetically) for the festival, limiting the possibilities of future items and apparels. It'll be nicer if the title could be a bit more broad.
Just a heads-up: I usually delete the threads I made before it reaches 10 replies because I want to keep my forum history tidy.
If you put the names together, you get Masquerade of the Mimics. Or Mimic Masquerade, but I like the first one better.

I'd prefer if the December celebration were not dedicated to a single dragon species.
If you put the names together, you get Masquerade of the Mimics. Or Mimic Masquerade, but I like the first one better.

I'd prefer if the December celebration were not dedicated to a single dragon species.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
What about a name like "Midwinter Mischeif"? I feel it would retain the nod to Shadow flight, them being big on trickery, and also embrace part of what @BatCrooks said. [quote]It could shift focus to a time when [b]the whole world of Sornieth gets a little curiously topsy turvy[/b] rather than specifically influenced by the breed made by Shadowbinder.[/quote] I could see other flights perhaps gaining breeds that are found during this time and fit the theme. A chameleon-like Nature breed. A mage-oriented Light breed known for illusions. (Think of something like the Holodeck) A Fire breed that uses shimmery heat-haze for hypnotism.
What about a name like "Midwinter Mischeif"? I feel it would retain the nod to Shadow flight, them being big on trickery, and also embrace part of what @BatCrooks said.
Quote:
It could shift focus to a time when the whole world of Sornieth gets a little curiously topsy turvy rather than specifically influenced by the breed made by Shadowbinder.

I could see other flights perhaps gaining breeds that are found during this time and fit the theme. A chameleon-like Nature breed. A mage-oriented Light breed known for illusions. (Think of something like the Holodeck) A Fire breed that uses shimmery heat-haze for hypnotism.
~There is no such thing as sanity. Everyone is insane. The true question is, how insane are you, relative to everyone else?~
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8