Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Shade possession
1 2 3 4 5 6

Shade possessed dragons – random chance of birthing a nest and one of the babies having black eyes. -THEY WOULD STILL BE THE ELEMENT OF THE NEST THEY WERE BORN IN- underneath, but have black eyes and access to extra shade/void battle skills as well as their normal elemental attacks. However, Shade possessed dragons attack anything not Shade possessed in the Coliseum, including teammates and non-possessed mobs like Longnecks. Could then be either cured or controlled in an adult dragon – cured would remove the black eyes and the ability to use Shade powers. Controlled would leave the black eyes and powers, and the dragon would function normally in the coliseum, but be harder to achieve than outright curing the affliction. The cure/control concoctions could be gained from Baldwin. Uncured, uncontrolled dragons could incur a food penalty or randomly attack dragons in clan, resulting in energy loss. Shade possessed dragons without control could not be Exalted (because, you know, the gods don't want it and won't accept it).

I'd leave it to the admins to work out how often they should appear in nests as they know figures we don't.

You have no idea how much I want this for lore reasons :P

EDIT: Instead of Exaltation, possessed dragons could be Banished/sent to the Shade, and your Flight's god gives you the payout for clearing his/her lands of shade dragon.

I originally included the requirements for control and cure because these dragons would be worth more due to added battle abilities and extreme rarity - people who did not want these beasties could sell them for huge profit, but I agree with maybe having a protecting rune, easily and cheaply craftable through Baldwin that can prevent it happening if in the hoard when you click "Nest"? Or similar. I am making this up as I go.

Control could be done for free by meditating at a shrine in the Exaltation temple someone else suggested elsewhere?

Food bonus has been pointed out for attacking clanmates outside of coli - I was thinking along the lines of small damge taken when hunger normally drops, to keep it consistent that this dragon is not the same as the others, though this was not a large part of the idea and could easily be dropped.

Three Shade dragons on a coli team wouldn't need any form of tampering with to work together in coli, but might not attack the opponent (like disobedient pokemon?).

AS AN OPT OUT FEATURE - a craftable "protecting" rune or something- or an item you can find in chests randomly- and having it in your hoard prevents you having the chance. Easy to get rid of- auction house it or even just hoard sell it.

AS AN OPT IN FEATURE - a craftable "ominous" rune or something- or an item you can find in chests randomly- and having it in your hoard lands you with the chance. Easy to get rid of- auction house it or even just hoard sell it.

This item could be switched off/on by placing in the vault, possibly equipped to a dragon as a trinket so only their nests are affected.

Clarification on battle abilities - Uncontrolled, uncured dragons can only access sShade abilities. Cured dragons are like current normal dragons, controlled/willpower dragons have regained their god's favour and still have shade interference, so have BOTH their own elemental powers and shade abilites.

Shade battle stones could be black with eyes and teeth visible in the scratch marks, or include something like "Devour" as a magic ability, with black beasts coming out of the attacks.

Possible to expose "normal" dragons to Shade possession? Some form of dark ritual (must be hard to obtain or possessed hatchlings are worthless - maybe have to sacrifice/exalt x number of dragons to shade to be granted? wWould encourage exalting. Adult dragons offered this way are already controllable.)

Would any of this need the Shade to be a dominance member? Or would it instead contribute to Beastclans?

Possible breeding event similar to NotN?

Could occur at summer soltice as Shade "fighting back" against the light. Could disrupt Light festival.

People like the random as it's reminiscent of other sites with random elements whereyou could be impoverished by a random event

People don't like the idea because it's random and "arbitary factors" should not be a deciding factor in dragon worth. Also though could be unfair - as unfair as chest drop chances during festivals?

It has been expressed that Shade possession should be absolutely in line with lore, to be more enjoyable (so not controllable in coli/unusable), though I feel the lore should evolve as the game evolves.

Possible bad drop luck in the coli for clans with shade dragons has been suggested, along with the understanding that this would cause almost universal rejection of the idea, the idea being that aligning yourself with the shade means suffering all the consequences. Although I'd also prefer that didn't happen ( :P ), it could be explained as the gods' displeasure with the clan?

Possible weakened coli dergs when having a shady on the team?

Shade possessed dragons – random chance of birthing a nest and one of the babies having black eyes. -THEY WOULD STILL BE THE ELEMENT OF THE NEST THEY WERE BORN IN- underneath, but have black eyes and access to extra shade/void battle skills as well as their normal elemental attacks. However, Shade possessed dragons attack anything not Shade possessed in the Coliseum, including teammates and non-possessed mobs like Longnecks. Could then be either cured or controlled in an adult dragon – cured would remove the black eyes and the ability to use Shade powers. Controlled would leave the black eyes and powers, and the dragon would function normally in the coliseum, but be harder to achieve than outright curing the affliction. The cure/control concoctions could be gained from Baldwin. Uncured, uncontrolled dragons could incur a food penalty or randomly attack dragons in clan, resulting in energy loss. Shade possessed dragons without control could not be Exalted (because, you know, the gods don't want it and won't accept it).

I'd leave it to the admins to work out how often they should appear in nests as they know figures we don't.

You have no idea how much I want this for lore reasons :P

EDIT: Instead of Exaltation, possessed dragons could be Banished/sent to the Shade, and your Flight's god gives you the payout for clearing his/her lands of shade dragon.

I originally included the requirements for control and cure because these dragons would be worth more due to added battle abilities and extreme rarity - people who did not want these beasties could sell them for huge profit, but I agree with maybe having a protecting rune, easily and cheaply craftable through Baldwin that can prevent it happening if in the hoard when you click "Nest"? Or similar. I am making this up as I go.

Control could be done for free by meditating at a shrine in the Exaltation temple someone else suggested elsewhere?

Food bonus has been pointed out for attacking clanmates outside of coli - I was thinking along the lines of small damge taken when hunger normally drops, to keep it consistent that this dragon is not the same as the others, though this was not a large part of the idea and could easily be dropped.

Three Shade dragons on a coli team wouldn't need any form of tampering with to work together in coli, but might not attack the opponent (like disobedient pokemon?).

AS AN OPT OUT FEATURE - a craftable "protecting" rune or something- or an item you can find in chests randomly- and having it in your hoard prevents you having the chance. Easy to get rid of- auction house it or even just hoard sell it.

AS AN OPT IN FEATURE - a craftable "ominous" rune or something- or an item you can find in chests randomly- and having it in your hoard lands you with the chance. Easy to get rid of- auction house it or even just hoard sell it.

This item could be switched off/on by placing in the vault, possibly equipped to a dragon as a trinket so only their nests are affected.

Clarification on battle abilities - Uncontrolled, uncured dragons can only access sShade abilities. Cured dragons are like current normal dragons, controlled/willpower dragons have regained their god's favour and still have shade interference, so have BOTH their own elemental powers and shade abilites.

Shade battle stones could be black with eyes and teeth visible in the scratch marks, or include something like "Devour" as a magic ability, with black beasts coming out of the attacks.

Possible to expose "normal" dragons to Shade possession? Some form of dark ritual (must be hard to obtain or possessed hatchlings are worthless - maybe have to sacrifice/exalt x number of dragons to shade to be granted? wWould encourage exalting. Adult dragons offered this way are already controllable.)

Would any of this need the Shade to be a dominance member? Or would it instead contribute to Beastclans?

Possible breeding event similar to NotN?

Could occur at summer soltice as Shade "fighting back" against the light. Could disrupt Light festival.

People like the random as it's reminiscent of other sites with random elements whereyou could be impoverished by a random event

People don't like the idea because it's random and "arbitary factors" should not be a deciding factor in dragon worth. Also though could be unfair - as unfair as chest drop chances during festivals?

It has been expressed that Shade possession should be absolutely in line with lore, to be more enjoyable (so not controllable in coli/unusable), though I feel the lore should evolve as the game evolves.

Possible bad drop luck in the coli for clans with shade dragons has been suggested, along with the understanding that this would cause almost universal rejection of the idea, the idea being that aligning yourself with the shade means suffering all the consequences. Although I'd also prefer that didn't happen ( :P ), it could be explained as the gods' displeasure with the clan?

Possible weakened coli dergs when having a shady on the team?
Shade Possession Suggestion Thread

A deity is a god. A diety is a weight loss prayer~!
LotusCandy wrote on 2017-06-15:
ICSNORK MENEING EY
I don't support the random element of it. People breed for specific dragons--eye color included. People even rent nests out to people of other flights, just so they can get the right eye color for their dragons. Can you imagine what it would be like to have your coatl pair loaned out to your best friend, to get the hatchling of the right genes and colors and gender--and then it has black eyes instead of the wind eyes you wanted, and now you have to wait a whole month to try again. Even with being able to "cure" them, people shouldn't have to pay extra to get the dragon they should have gotten initially.

And I really don't support the changes to the Coli, energy and Exalting just to accommodate these new dragons. Exalting needs to happen. Imagine someone gets a black eyed dragon s/he didn't want. Now s/he has to pay extra just to exalt and get rid of it. Decreasing additional energy or going berserk in the Coli is just screwing over users who do want to have these dragons.

I wouldn't mind black eyes, but not like this. If they were to be introduced, it would have to be in a way people could control through breeding, and the dragons would have to behave like the rest of the dragons do on site. Or, alternatively, there could be a clothing item, although I know contacts are a base breaker.
I don't support the random element of it. People breed for specific dragons--eye color included. People even rent nests out to people of other flights, just so they can get the right eye color for their dragons. Can you imagine what it would be like to have your coatl pair loaned out to your best friend, to get the hatchling of the right genes and colors and gender--and then it has black eyes instead of the wind eyes you wanted, and now you have to wait a whole month to try again. Even with being able to "cure" them, people shouldn't have to pay extra to get the dragon they should have gotten initially.

And I really don't support the changes to the Coli, energy and Exalting just to accommodate these new dragons. Exalting needs to happen. Imagine someone gets a black eyed dragon s/he didn't want. Now s/he has to pay extra just to exalt and get rid of it. Decreasing additional energy or going berserk in the Coli is just screwing over users who do want to have these dragons.

I wouldn't mind black eyes, but not like this. If they were to be introduced, it would have to be in a way people could control through breeding, and the dragons would have to behave like the rest of the dragons do on site. Or, alternatively, there could be a clothing item, although I know contacts are a base breaker.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I support, honestly. I feel like we need some random element to dragon births. As is, almost all dragons are pretty much worthless and demoted to fodder. It would be nice if there was some kind of random thing, like a mutation, or this, or something else, that could happen to anyone, that could make a dragon more rare/desirable.

Because honestly the dragon economy is stagnating something fierce and the only solace we get from time to time is a new dragon/gene that loses value rapidly anyways.

I support, honestly. I feel like we need some random element to dragon births. As is, almost all dragons are pretty much worthless and demoted to fodder. It would be nice if there was some kind of random thing, like a mutation, or this, or something else, that could happen to anyone, that could make a dragon more rare/desirable.

Because honestly the dragon economy is stagnating something fierce and the only solace we get from time to time is a new dragon/gene that loses value rapidly anyways.

rotyou_zpsdd94a7ce.jpg
If something like this was added it should not be random--a player should not have to pay to remove or prevent the posession they did not want in the first place. There should be a toggle in account settings or some item you'd have to apply to either the nest or parents to unlock the chance for shade possessed dragons occurring.

Also no support for not being able to exalt shade possessed dragons. Exalting is the way to remove excess dragons from the economy and having to cure or control the shade to exalt is just additional penalties.
If something like this was added it should not be random--a player should not have to pay to remove or prevent the posession they did not want in the first place. There should be a toggle in account settings or some item you'd have to apply to either the nest or parents to unlock the chance for shade possessed dragons occurring.

Also no support for not being able to exalt shade possessed dragons. Exalting is the way to remove excess dragons from the economy and having to cure or control the shade to exalt is just additional penalties.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
I think I would support random eye color, but not the changes to the coli or exalting.

While random eye color might crop up in some projects, I think that if it was only 1 dragon out of the nest (And this only rarely happening period) and there was a relatively cheap way to change it to the element's eye color (since the element would stay the same as the nest it was hatched from), then I don't think it would cause too many problems.

However, I do agree with Gemajgall that the dragon would have to act like every other dragon. I think people would be much more upset that in order to train their nice black eyed dragon up, they would have to pay a LOT of treasure to make sure it doesn't keep killing their other dragons. In order to do that, perhaps they could release a new battle stone that gives that functionality? I know I wouldn't use it, but maybe some people would like that? they don't have direct control over the dragon, but it acts like it has a permenant berserk?

Not being able to exalt would be a problem as well. When I go hunting for dragons, I pay no attention to eye color (it doesn't matter to me, I look mainly for breed then color) so if I were to get a black eyed dragon I couldn't use in the coli, couldn't exalt, without paying much more, I would be upset.

As for the battle skills. That is easily doable. As far as I can tell all 'elemental' battleskills come from battlestones that are bought and placed on the dragons, so ask the admins to make you some nice shade battlestones. I didn't think that any dragon had 'inherent' elemental attacks. There are attacks only they can use based on their elements, but they don't get born with those attacks. Or am I wrong about that?
I think I would support random eye color, but not the changes to the coli or exalting.

While random eye color might crop up in some projects, I think that if it was only 1 dragon out of the nest (And this only rarely happening period) and there was a relatively cheap way to change it to the element's eye color (since the element would stay the same as the nest it was hatched from), then I don't think it would cause too many problems.

However, I do agree with Gemajgall that the dragon would have to act like every other dragon. I think people would be much more upset that in order to train their nice black eyed dragon up, they would have to pay a LOT of treasure to make sure it doesn't keep killing their other dragons. In order to do that, perhaps they could release a new battle stone that gives that functionality? I know I wouldn't use it, but maybe some people would like that? they don't have direct control over the dragon, but it acts like it has a permenant berserk?

Not being able to exalt would be a problem as well. When I go hunting for dragons, I pay no attention to eye color (it doesn't matter to me, I look mainly for breed then color) so if I were to get a black eyed dragon I couldn't use in the coli, couldn't exalt, without paying much more, I would be upset.

As for the battle skills. That is easily doable. As far as I can tell all 'elemental' battleskills come from battlestones that are bought and placed on the dragons, so ask the admins to make you some nice shade battlestones. I didn't think that any dragon had 'inherent' elemental attacks. There are attacks only they can use based on their elements, but they don't get born with those attacks. Or am I wrong about that?

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Edited with option for "Exalting" a shade dragon~
Edited with option for "Exalting" a shade dragon~

ICSNORK MENEING EY
Again players should not have to pay to avoid shade possession. It should be an opt IN and not opt OUT feature
Again players should not have to pay to avoid shade possession. It should be an opt IN and not opt OUT feature
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
Erm, I don't see much difference from some lore thingy (mine has "Shadow madness" which results in either uncontrolled aggression or amnesia or... anything, really) which can be described in the bio. Such unstable dragons will not be used in coli anyway (what a great Mire trainer it could be, lol), and they will wreak havoc in the clan, so most people will try to get rid of them or "fix" them anyway. And eye color might be a large disappointment if someone is trying to get a dream dragon based on some, say, green-eyed characher through renting Nature nest. And... bam. Nope. Not nice.

If you really need that eye color... you can just throw something over them and say that this dragon's eyes are black so it hides them because everyone is scared of Shade, or something. And make/order some art of the dragon with black eyes shown for its bio :3

No support, as this is basically a personal lore which doesn't have to be supported with game mechanics, sorry :)
Erm, I don't see much difference from some lore thingy (mine has "Shadow madness" which results in either uncontrolled aggression or amnesia or... anything, really) which can be described in the bio. Such unstable dragons will not be used in coli anyway (what a great Mire trainer it could be, lol), and they will wreak havoc in the clan, so most people will try to get rid of them or "fix" them anyway. And eye color might be a large disappointment if someone is trying to get a dream dragon based on some, say, green-eyed characher through renting Nature nest. And... bam. Nope. Not nice.

If you really need that eye color... you can just throw something over them and say that this dragon's eyes are black so it hides them because everyone is scared of Shade, or something. And make/order some art of the dragon with black eyes shown for its bio :3

No support, as this is basically a personal lore which doesn't have to be supported with game mechanics, sorry :)
It's not a personal lore in that way :L It's because Shade is in the main site lore and is absent from the actual game! And covering the eyes and saying they're black is just a cop out, why don't people cover the fan dragons eyes and say they're green.

As to opt in/opt out, egg rot was not opt in/opt out, Mire bosses were not opt in, but I can opt out by refreshing the page. If the rune was cheaper than a renaming scroll, never broke, I'd be happy. Not to mention the existing userbase of this site is tiny compared to most similar sites - in a few years time, dealing with it as a mechanic would be considered run of the mill. It's only the first few weeks that would (perhaps) play havoc with peoples' ideas of what should be, much the same way as egg-rot removal probably did.
It's not a personal lore in that way :L It's because Shade is in the main site lore and is absent from the actual game! And covering the eyes and saying they're black is just a cop out, why don't people cover the fan dragons eyes and say they're green.

As to opt in/opt out, egg rot was not opt in/opt out, Mire bosses were not opt in, but I can opt out by refreshing the page. If the rune was cheaper than a renaming scroll, never broke, I'd be happy. Not to mention the existing userbase of this site is tiny compared to most similar sites - in a few years time, dealing with it as a mechanic would be considered run of the mill. It's only the first few weeks that would (perhaps) play havoc with peoples' ideas of what should be, much the same way as egg-rot removal probably did.

ICSNORK MENEING EY
Edit:

With the new opt in/opt out 'version' (per craftable item) I change my oppinion to neutral/slight support. This isn't a suggestion I'm super hyped about, but I can see players want this and as long as I can stay out of the trouble that is okay with me.

Old Post:

Generally I tend to no support.

I don't want any of my breeding projects to end up with black eyes. Especially not since I now try to get the 'perfect' dragon for other people.
I know there is the possibility to get rid of that stuff by using a baldwin recipie. Problem with that would be the time and material costs. Curing them would have to be very cheap and work very fast (no endless waitingtime to get it done) and should be useable on hatchlings.

Support for cheap/craftable items that prevent 'shade nests'.

No support on them attacking the clan outside of battle. I don't want to end up loosing my bonus just because a random hatchling decides to run amok in my lair and I don't have the cure yet.

No support on the controlling part. Its the shade. You can't control it. Either you decide to have a Shade possessed Dragon or you manage to exorcise it. There should be no in between.
Edit:

With the new opt in/opt out 'version' (per craftable item) I change my oppinion to neutral/slight support. This isn't a suggestion I'm super hyped about, but I can see players want this and as long as I can stay out of the trouble that is okay with me.

Old Post:

Generally I tend to no support.

I don't want any of my breeding projects to end up with black eyes. Especially not since I now try to get the 'perfect' dragon for other people.
I know there is the possibility to get rid of that stuff by using a baldwin recipie. Problem with that would be the time and material costs. Curing them would have to be very cheap and work very fast (no endless waitingtime to get it done) and should be useable on hatchlings.

Support for cheap/craftable items that prevent 'shade nests'.

No support on them attacking the clan outside of battle. I don't want to end up loosing my bonus just because a random hatchling decides to run amok in my lair and I don't have the cure yet.

No support on the controlling part. Its the shade. You can't control it. Either you decide to have a Shade possessed Dragon or you manage to exorcise it. There should be no in between.
1 2 3 4 5 6