Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | When was this person last on?
1 2
When you click the _ _ _ _ Users Online button next to the FR time, it takes you to a page that shows what players are currently online.

I was thinking, using this feature you could put the last time or date that a person was online. It could be like "last online an hour ago, last online a day ago, last online 2/7/14" It would be helpful to see if somebody was still playing FR, just maybe not feeding their dragons or using the forums.

It would be helpful, and I don't see too many cons for this.
I don't think it could be used for stalking. I don't stalk. No. What are you talking about.
When you click the _ _ _ _ Users Online button next to the FR time, it takes you to a page that shows what players are currently online.

I was thinking, using this feature you could put the last time or date that a person was online. It could be like "last online an hour ago, last online a day ago, last online 2/7/14" It would be helpful to see if somebody was still playing FR, just maybe not feeding their dragons or using the forums.

It would be helpful, and I don't see too many cons for this.
I don't think it could be used for stalking. I don't stalk. No. What are you talking about.

Lore Shop - Wishlist - Clan Lore

rsz_lore.png
I really don't see any point to add this in- I mean, why would this be necessary? What use would it have? Nothing will happen if that person isn't online, and as it is you can already message someone regardless of their activity.

And it would most definitely be used to stalk people- especially if they have their tumblr/Facebook/etc. listed in their profile. I've already seen people on social media being bugged about feeding their dragons, this would only make it worse

Maybe support if it's toggleable and would need to be turned on. Some people don't want that information to be public- it shouldn't be mandatory.
I really don't see any point to add this in- I mean, why would this be necessary? What use would it have? Nothing will happen if that person isn't online, and as it is you can already message someone regardless of their activity.

And it would most definitely be used to stalk people- especially if they have their tumblr/Facebook/etc. listed in their profile. I've already seen people on social media being bugged about feeding their dragons, this would only make it worse

Maybe support if it's toggleable and would need to be turned on. Some people don't want that information to be public- it shouldn't be mandatory.
giphy.gifp74ovv7.gifmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
I don't see the necessity but if it were to be implemented it would need to be auto-off and toggled on by the user. Sometimes I don't want people to know I am poking around and dressing my dragons and not responding to pings etc.

I want more privacy not less.
I don't see the necessity but if it were to be implemented it would need to be auto-off and toggled on by the user. Sometimes I don't want people to know I am poking around and dressing my dragons and not responding to pings etc.

I want more privacy not less.
Stuff will one day go here.
No support. It's really not anyone's business whether I was last online yesterday or a year ago. Plus I really don't see any reason we should have this, either. This would just lead to "I sent someone a CR but they haven't replied! I know they've been online because it says they where five minutes ago! Omg!"
No support. It's really not anyone's business whether I was last online yesterday or a year ago. Plus I really don't see any reason we should have this, either. This would just lead to "I sent someone a CR but they haven't replied! I know they've been online because it says they where five minutes ago! Omg!"
[quote name="ToonKuriboh" date=2017-03-21 18:40:11] No support. It's really not anyone's business whether I was last online yesterday or a year ago. Plus I really don't see any reason we should have this, either. This would just lead to "I sent someone a CR but they haven't replied! I know they've been online because it says they where five minutes ago! Omg!" [/quote] Unfortunately I can see this happening all too well on this site. The only reason I can really see if a person needs to know when someone was last online is if they are doing a transaction with them and didn't use the crossroads feature. (ie they sent money to the person but haven't received the goods they paid for or vice versa) However, I don't really think that is a good enough reason to open up users to harassment, especially if there is a toggle off to it (as the person who is on the other end of the transaction described above could just toggle their online status off and the other person would be in the same boat they are now)
ToonKuriboh wrote on 2017-03-21:

Unfortunately I can see this happening all too well on this site.

The only reason I can really see if a person needs to know when someone was last online is if they are doing a transaction with them and didn't use the crossroads feature. (ie they sent money to the person but haven't received the goods they paid for or vice versa)

However, I don't really think that is a good enough reason to open up users to harassment, especially if there is a toggle off to it (as the person who is on the other end of the transaction described above could just toggle their online status off and the other person would be in the same boat they are now)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Oh, BTW, the users online page already does show you when that user was last active, so this actually already is a functionality, it just doesn't show users who are currently offline (or have been inactive enough to register as 'offline')
Oh, BTW, the users online page already does show you when that user was last active, so this actually already is a functionality, it just doesn't show users who are currently offline (or have been inactive enough to register as 'offline')

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
No support, I like having my online status hidden as much as possible.
No support, I like having my online status hidden as much as possible.
55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
No support for stalkery reasons and the annoyance factor. Currently, accounts can be set to "invisible" so they don't show up in the users online list.

I check FR all day for Baldwin but don't always have the time/energy/keyboard to deal with pings. I'd rather not get pestered because somebody saw I was just on but seem to be ignoring them.
No support for stalkery reasons and the annoyance factor. Currently, accounts can be set to "invisible" so they don't show up in the users online list.

I check FR all day for Baldwin but don't always have the time/energy/keyboard to deal with pings. I'd rather not get pestered because somebody saw I was just on but seem to be ignoring them.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
No support, I always get nervous when sites have the "last on" thing. It makes me feel like my every move is being watched and that people are just waiting for me. It also is something I can see myself kind of abusing and getting paranoid over, ie I send a CR and the person doesn't accept even though I see they've been on, resulting in more anxiety that I don't need.
No support, I always get nervous when sites have the "last on" thing. It makes me feel like my every move is being watched and that people are just waiting for me. It also is something I can see myself kind of abusing and getting paranoid over, ie I send a CR and the person doesn't accept even though I see they've been on, resulting in more anxiety that I don't need.
uCR5SCW.png
^ What FloatingInSpace said. I have major anxiety issues, and people being able to see when I was last online would add to it. I like my privacy, especially since I have difficulty responding to people in a timely manner. I already put enough pressure on myself worrying about it.
^ What FloatingInSpace said. I have major anxiety issues, and people being able to see when I was last online would add to it. I like my privacy, especially since I have difficulty responding to people in a timely manner. I already put enough pressure on myself worrying about it.
Zs6WWZy.png
UdqWUDw.png ZwbGqUa.png bYt72YT.png O62tc6n.png kHBaXec.png NeV4KUN.png Z9e8RKu.png RToaAa6.png Da1cz0f.png XnaLQeW.png o7CqYdD.png YrzvPOH.png QUIpVFE.png BY33eAv.png YMPbu9R.png
dMEvnxu.png
1 2