Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | When was this person last on?
1 2
absolutely no support

I have myself hidden from that list thanks to spammers and stalkers, and this would make my anxiety even worse. I like privacy. Besides this would just make the witch hunts more common when it comes to unreplied PMs, sent CRs and such.
absolutely no support

I have myself hidden from that list thanks to spammers and stalkers, and this would make my anxiety even worse. I like privacy. Besides this would just make the witch hunts more common when it comes to unreplied PMs, sent CRs and such.
I'm +10H ahead of FR time!
Replies may be slow, so sorry ;w;
Its no ones bussiness when I was last on. I don't want people to complain about not aswering PM because 'you were on! I saw that date!' - nor do I want people to know that I havn't visited FR in however many weeks and making assumtions as to why. The last time I had to take a sudden hiatus from a game after being online daily I got a panicked call by a RL friend mostly had contact with me over that game - sine I wasn't online in over a month the guild I was in declared me dead. One special member of them even made a faked 'parent post' successfully claiming to be my grieving parents telling a game community that i had passed away due to a long and terminal sickness.

Its no ones bussiness when I was last on. I don't want people to complain about not aswering PM because 'you were on! I saw that date!' - nor do I want people to know that I havn't visited FR in however many weeks and making assumtions as to why. The last time I had to take a sudden hiatus from a game after being online daily I got a panicked call by a RL friend mostly had contact with me over that game - sine I wasn't online in over a month the guild I was in declared me dead. One special member of them even made a faked 'parent post' successfully claiming to be my grieving parents telling a game community that i had passed away due to a long and terminal sickness.

[quote name="LS299" date=2017-03-21 18:01:10]I don't think it could be used for stalking. I don't stalk. No. What are you talking about. [/quote] I know that you likely meant this as a joke, but stalking is a real thing that happens to real people. I can tell you at least two stories where I've witnessed offsite harassment because "so-and-so didn't do this task for me even though I know she's been online and feeding her dragons." No support.
LS299 wrote on 2017-03-21:
I don't think it could be used for stalking. I don't stalk. No. What are you talking about.

I know that you likely meant this as a joke, but stalking is a real thing that happens to real people. I can tell you at least two stories where I've witnessed offsite harassment because "so-and-so didn't do this task for me even though I know she's been online and feeding her dragons."

No support.
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
Likewise, no support. I know people who use deviantart and farmville as a way to measure their friends' activities. "She's been posting things about her farm for the past hour; he's on deviantart right now! Why won't they reply to my email?!" It just seems to bring stress.
Likewise, no support. I know people who use deviantart and farmville as a way to measure their friends' activities. "She's been posting things about her farm for the past hour; he's on deviantart right now! Why won't they reply to my email?!" It just seems to bring stress.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
No way, this just leaves people open to being harassed for a variety of reasons
No way, this just leaves people open to being harassed for a variety of reasons
water-banner-3_zpspqe7dfz3.gif

Well-behaved women seldom make history - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
End corruption now

I personally think that this idea isn't bad, of course if you can hide your last online status if you want.
At the start you might think it isn't necessary, but if the person owns a hatchery, art shop - and you are added to pinglist or you are waiting for CR with him/her it can be useful.
So, Support if you can turn it off!

I personally think that this idea isn't bad, of course if you can hide your last online status if you want.
At the start you might think it isn't necessary, but if the person owns a hatchery, art shop - and you are added to pinglist or you are waiting for CR with him/her it can be useful.
So, Support if you can turn it off!
6xSQv.gif
My disorganized thoughts on this:

If it's turned off by default and people have the option of turning it on, I guess there'd be no harm, but I definitely don't want it to be adopted for all players.

I used to avoid going on Myspace and AIM (back when that was a thing...) for long periods of time specifically because of the "Last online X hours ago" feature. I was avoiding certain people and knew that if they checked my profile and saw any time other than 6+ hours ago, they'd bombard me with messages. It stressed me out, and I just... shudder to think of going back to that.

Most social media sites have moved away from that sort of thing because people don't like feeling like anyone can monitor their activity. To the extent that Flight Rising functions as a social media site on the forums side of things, I don't want this feature.

People can already estimate when a user was last online by looking at their dragons' energy levels (if any dragons are fully fed, the user was online to feed them within the last 12 hours) and most recent forum posts.

If I come online and see a message from someone, but don't want to answer it right now, I don't want them knowing I ignored them. And just in general, I like being anonymous.
My disorganized thoughts on this:

If it's turned off by default and people have the option of turning it on, I guess there'd be no harm, but I definitely don't want it to be adopted for all players.

I used to avoid going on Myspace and AIM (back when that was a thing...) for long periods of time specifically because of the "Last online X hours ago" feature. I was avoiding certain people and knew that if they checked my profile and saw any time other than 6+ hours ago, they'd bombard me with messages. It stressed me out, and I just... shudder to think of going back to that.

Most social media sites have moved away from that sort of thing because people don't like feeling like anyone can monitor their activity. To the extent that Flight Rising functions as a social media site on the forums side of things, I don't want this feature.

People can already estimate when a user was last online by looking at their dragons' energy levels (if any dragons are fully fed, the user was online to feed them within the last 12 hours) and most recent forum posts.

If I come online and see a message from someone, but don't want to answer it right now, I don't want them knowing I ignored them. And just in general, I like being anonymous.
1 2