Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [FF] Ember Toss and Embear Armor
1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
@Falconair [i]While Imbolc and Lughnasadh finished up their tosses—and continued to argue even now about how many tosses there were going to be--the two dragons who had entered with them began to move slowly around the test, watching everything with increasing interest. They drifted through the crowds, periodically moving away from each other, only to come back together again, as if drawn by an invisible force. Neither of the pair seemed aware of this, however, as both had found other things to focus their attention on….[/i] [quote] [b]Username[/b]: Canisa [b]Number of Free Tosses (max. 1/day)[/b]: 1 [b]Tosses Purchased (max. 19/day)[/b]: 19 [/quote] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43447147] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/434472/43447147_350.png[/img] [/url][b]Beltane[/b] [i]Arcane Born (Mage: Fertility/Mating Magic)[/i][/center] [i][b]Beltane[/b] stared at the seeds in the bottles, his nose twitching. He had been watching for hours now, from all sorts of angles, as various dragons tossed their Embers, lit their bottles, and then moved on. Again and again, he had seen those seeds sprout, some more spectacularly then others. And, again and again, he had felt his own magic responding. Which, considering that his sister was nearby, with her unfortunate ability to block his power without even thinking about it, was saying something. Beltane watched as one of his special flowers, a gift from a sympathetic Nature dragon in the Clan, turned it head towards one of the bottles. He was not surprised a moment later when the seed inside the bottle in question burst into a brilliant flaming light. Yes, there was definitely fertility magic here, and a great deal of it, at that. Now, the only question was, could he harness it? Perhaps with that much power, he could finally exercise his Gift properly, and truly help the Clan to grow… The sound of Imbolc’s exasperated debate with Lughnasadh—over the fact that, in her mind, 20 tosses was way beyond overkill—drifted over the crowd, breaking into his thoughts, and Beltane snorted softly. His eggmate was fighting a lost cause. Loo would not give up even one of those tosses. Not with such a fascinating game to play. But that did give him an idea… The male Guardian stretched his neck, looking for that dratted sister of his. For once, it might be a good thing that he and Samhain were ordered to stay near one another…and had magic that liked to draw them together. There was no doubt that the dark Guardian’s Chaos Magic would have been affected by these strange fires. Seeds didn’t normally sprout this way, after all. If Beltane could just convince her to accept his presence for a few minutes…[/i] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43447145] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/434472/43447145_350.png[/img] [/url][b]Samhain[/b] [i]Arcane Born (Chaos Mage—Light, Dark, Paradox)[/i][/center] [i]The dark Guardian female turned her head to follow the beautiful swirl of energy, watching it spin around the dragons gathered nearby. None of them were aware of it, of course, but then, they weren’t really looking. No one ever looked. Not properly. [b]Samhain[/b] giggled quietly as one of the Ridgebacks in question shifted away from the magical traces without even knowing they had. That was one bottle that wouldn’t light properly, now. Too bad. If the Ridgeback had just bothered to pay attention, he would have noticed that the magic wasn’t aligned right and could have fixed it. As it was… Well. Perhaps he would like the shiny glass? Samhain shrugged, and moved on, following the twisting magic. There was quite a bit of it in this tent, and not all of it was familiar. She could feel the Fire Magic, and the Nature Magic—no doubt that was driving Beltane up the wall, the way those two were comingling, especially since he wouldn’t look to see the eddies any more than anyone else ever did—but there was other magic, too. Ancient magic. But not…free. It was chained, locked into a single pattern, and trapped into that Forge. Samhain sighed. If only…but even if Beltane wasn’t around, dampening her power, there was that idiotic geas from the Clan Mother. She was forbidden to indulge in all her Gifts, unless she knew absolutely that doing so would not hurt other dragons. The Chaos Mage growled. A Spiral nearby started in surprise at the sound, and hurriedly moved aside from the apparently annoyed Guardian. Samhain barely noticed, too intent on watching the power in the Forge strain to break free. It was infuriating, seeing all that lovely potential, and not being able to do a thing to help— “It is fascinating, isn’t it?” Beltane’s voice startled her, and Samhain jumped, and then swore as her ability to see the eddies began to dim. She loved her brother. She really did. But did he have to stay so [b]close[/b] all the time? “I was wondering,” the oblivious male Guardian continued, “would you like to indulge in a game with me?” He stepped up beside her and gestured almost lazily at that terrible, imprisoning Forge, where their eggmate siblings were still tossing Embers, equally oblivious to the pain they were causing that magic. “I only have a few Embers, you see. Enough for maybe 5 tosses. Not really much chance to get any good fire seeds with that. But if we pooled our resources, we could both get a lot more….say, 10 each?” Samhain fought down the urge to snap at her idiot brother’s tail. Play a game? With that poor, tormented, beautiful magic? Was he insane? She didn’t want to capture that power, she wanted to free it! Which—she stopped. Which she couldn’t do while it was trapped in the Forge. But if she was able to guide the magic into the bottles…then it would be hers, wouldn’t it? And no one could complain if she took her own, lawfully won, power back to the Clan, and let it go…. “All right,” she said abruptly. “Let’s play. 10 tosses each. [b]20 in all[/b].” She turned towards the line of dragons waiting their turn, then turned back. “And since I’m supplying the bulk of the [b]19 Embers[/b], I get the Free Toss, and first choice on the seeds we sprout.” Beltane looked at her for a minute. “If there are two of the same type,” he said evenly, “We share. Otherwise, I agree.” His sister sighed. She knew better than to argue. “Fine. Now let’s play.”[/i] (And the Clan Mother is getting an odd feeling of impending doom….) Sending the Embers now!
@Falconair

While Imbolc and Lughnasadh finished up their tosses—and continued to argue even now about how many tosses there were going to be--the two dragons who had entered with them began to move slowly around the test, watching everything with increasing interest. They drifted through the crowds, periodically moving away from each other, only to come back together again, as if drawn by an invisible force. Neither of the pair seemed aware of this, however, as both had found other things to focus their attention on….

Quote:
Username: Canisa
Number of Free Tosses (max. 1/day): 1
Tosses Purchased (max. 19/day): 19

43447147_350.png
Beltane
Arcane Born
(Mage: Fertility/Mating Magic)

Beltane stared at the seeds in the bottles, his nose twitching. He had been watching for hours now, from all sorts of angles, as various dragons tossed their Embers, lit their bottles, and then moved on. Again and again, he had seen those seeds sprout, some more spectacularly then others. And, again and again, he had felt his own magic responding. Which, considering that his sister was nearby, with her unfortunate ability to block his power without even thinking about it, was saying something. Beltane watched as one of his special flowers, a gift from a sympathetic Nature dragon in the Clan, turned it head towards one of the bottles. He was not surprised a moment later when the seed inside the bottle in question burst into a brilliant flaming light. Yes, there was definitely fertility magic here, and a great deal of it, at that. Now, the only question was, could he harness it? Perhaps with that much power, he could finally exercise his Gift properly, and truly help the Clan to grow…

The sound of Imbolc’s exasperated debate with Lughnasadh—over the fact that, in her mind, 20 tosses was way beyond overkill—drifted over the crowd, breaking into his thoughts, and Beltane snorted softly. His eggmate was fighting a lost cause. Loo would not give up even one of those tosses. Not with such a fascinating game to play. But that did give him an idea…

The male Guardian stretched his neck, looking for that dratted sister of his. For once, it might be a good thing that he and Samhain were ordered to stay near one another…and had magic that liked to draw them together. There was no doubt that the dark Guardian’s Chaos Magic would have been affected by these strange fires. Seeds didn’t normally sprout this way, after all. If Beltane could just convince her to accept his presence for a few minutes…

43447145_350.png
Samhain
Arcane Born
(Chaos Mage—Light, Dark, Paradox)

The dark Guardian female turned her head to follow the beautiful swirl of energy, watching it spin around the dragons gathered nearby. None of them were aware of it, of course, but then, they weren’t really looking. No one ever looked. Not properly. Samhain giggled quietly as one of the Ridgebacks in question shifted away from the magical traces without even knowing they had. That was one bottle that wouldn’t light properly, now. Too bad. If the Ridgeback had just bothered to pay attention, he would have noticed that the magic wasn’t aligned right and could have fixed it. As it was… Well. Perhaps he would like the shiny glass?

Samhain shrugged, and moved on, following the twisting magic. There was quite a bit of it in this tent, and not all of it was familiar. She could feel the Fire Magic, and the Nature Magic—no doubt that was driving Beltane up the wall, the way those two were comingling, especially since he wouldn’t look to see the eddies any more than anyone else ever did—but there was other magic, too. Ancient magic. But not…free. It was chained, locked into a single pattern, and trapped into that Forge. Samhain sighed. If only…but even if Beltane wasn’t around, dampening her power, there was that idiotic geas from the Clan Mother. She was forbidden to indulge in all her Gifts, unless she knew absolutely that doing so would not hurt other dragons.

The Chaos Mage growled. A Spiral nearby started in surprise at the sound, and hurriedly moved aside from the apparently annoyed Guardian. Samhain barely noticed, too intent on watching the power in the Forge strain to break free. It was infuriating, seeing all that lovely potential, and not being able to do a thing to help—

“It is fascinating, isn’t it?” Beltane’s voice startled her, and Samhain jumped, and then swore as her ability to see the eddies began to dim. She loved her brother. She really did. But did he have to stay so close all the time?

“I was wondering,” the oblivious male Guardian continued, “would you like to indulge in a game with me?” He stepped up beside her and gestured almost lazily at that terrible, imprisoning Forge, where their eggmate siblings were still tossing Embers, equally oblivious to the pain they were causing that magic. “I only have a few Embers, you see. Enough for maybe 5 tosses. Not really much chance to get any good fire seeds with that. But if we pooled our resources, we could both get a lot more….say, 10 each?”

Samhain fought down the urge to snap at her idiot brother’s tail. Play a game? With that poor, tormented, beautiful magic? Was he insane? She didn’t want to capture that power, she wanted to free it! Which—she stopped. Which she couldn’t do while it was trapped in the Forge. But if she was able to guide the magic into the bottles…then it would be hers, wouldn’t it? And no one could complain if she took her own, lawfully won, power back to the Clan, and let it go….

“All right,” she said abruptly. “Let’s play. 10 tosses each. 20 in all.” She turned towards the line of dragons waiting their turn, then turned back. “And since I’m supplying the bulk of the 19 Embers, I get the Free Toss, and first choice on the seeds we sprout.”

Beltane looked at her for a minute. “If there are two of the same type,” he said evenly, “We share. Otherwise, I agree.”

His sister sighed. She knew better than to argue. “Fine. Now let’s play.”

(And the Clan Mother is getting an odd feeling of impending doom….)

Sending the Embers now!
fw5Pc0h.png
Day 7 [quote] [b]Username[/b]: Juri01 [b]Number of Free Tosses (max. 1/day)[/b]: 1 [b]Tosses Purchased (max. 19/day)[/b]: 19 [/quote] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22682620] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/226827/22682620_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] *no time for RP today, got some thesis writing to do ^^" * --> maybe editing one in later
Day 7
Quote:
Username: Juri01

*no time for RP today, got some thesis writing to do ^^" *
--> maybe editing one in later
Quote:
Username: Havic
Tosses Purchased (max. 19/day): 9
Quote:
Username: Havic
Tosses Purchased (max. 19/day): 9
> Havic
> He/they/it
> Current avatar dragon
Quote:
Username: Meyoline

(Thanks again to everyone who helped with this event! It's been fun :D)
Quote:
Username: Meyoline

(Thanks again to everyone who helped with this event! It's been fun :D)
EGjlGzP.png
Quote:
Username: RemanLT
Tosses Purchased (max. 19/day): 10
Quote:
Username: RemanLT
Tosses Purchased (max. 19/day): 10
xpP2XdL.png
Quote:
Username:jbapple
Number of Free Tosses (max. 1/day):1
Tosses Purchased (max. 19/day):19

Quote:
Username:jbapple
Number of Free Tosses (max. 1/day):1
Tosses Purchased (max. 19/day):19

[quote] [b]Username[/b]: MarinaQuakenbush [b]Number of Free Tosses (max. 1/day)[/b]: 1 [b]Tosses Purchased (max. 19/day)[/b]: 0 [/quote] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43513233] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/435133/43513233_350.png[/img] [/url] Sharmilla had greatly enjoyed herself at the festival. It was the last day, and she dolefully picked up the bellows one last time. This was it, she knew she had to make it this time and so she concentrated with all her might and the air shot out towards the embers.
Quote:
Username: MarinaQuakenbush
Tosses Purchased (max. 19/day): 0

43513233_350.png

Sharmilla had greatly enjoyed herself at the festival. It was the last day, and she dolefully picked up the bellows one last time. This was it, she knew she had to make it this time and so she concentrated with all her might and the air shot out towards the embers.
'blue smedium banner
Quote:
Username: ThisOneIsBlue
Quote:
Username: ThisOneIsBlue
TuEVAjZ.pngNPeGYYg.pngLELtNFt.png
Quote:
Username: WishUponADragon