Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | (Pinkerlocke) Uncharted Territory
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[center] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/1#post_39707861]Contents[/url] [size = 7]Day 45: Battle [/size] [item = Black Masked Lovebird] ---------- @Petall ---------- Rolled Breeze, Boreal and Vega Vega is now level 4 and Boreal is now level 8 [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/6#post_40402467]Next Day[/url]
Contents
Day 45: Battle

Black Masked Lovebird

@Petall
Rolled Breeze, Boreal and Vega
Vega is now level 4 and Boreal is now level 8

Next Day
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
@Midwinter

Eyyyy happy Flameforger's! I love how you've dressed up your dragons!
@Midwinter

Eyyyy happy Flameforger's! I love how you've dressed up your dragons!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall

Thanks!! I didn't realise how good the sage shawls looked when layerd over healer's vestments untill I dressed Opal
@Petall

Thanks!! I didn't realise how good the sage shawls looked when layerd over healer's vestments untill I dressed Opal
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
[center] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/1#post_39707861]Contents[/url] [size = 7]Day 46: Magical Accidents [/size] [item = Golden Birdskull Legband] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=54337697&skin=0&apparel=21223,1550,12918&xt=dressing.png[/img] [b]"Hey Vega,"[/b] Nettle said with a mischievous grin [b]"my sister wanted me to ask you if you'd train her to use magic"[/b] Tephra sat up sharply and stumbled out of the den the group had made for the night. It had been a while since the group had found Boreal, Calcite and Opal now and the three youngest members had reached their full grown size. However this meant that everyone had to sleep close together in the shelter as there was now little room, Tephra had to make sure she didn't wake any of the sleeping dragons as she rushed out to confront her sister. By the time she had successfully avoided any angry growls, her sister had already walked away from Vega, who was now curled around a tree with a puzzled expression. When he saw Tephra his face lit up [b]"Ah, there you are! Your sister came by and told me you wanted me to train you, is that true?"[/b] he asked as he fumbled with the book that was strapped across his shoulder, it was obvious that he was attempting to hide his hopeful expression [b]"Well, um, yes it is but I thought you wouldn't want to train me. You seem busy with Enceladus at the moment, I can wait until you sort that out if you-" "It's fine, really,"[/b] Vega interrupted [b]"actually I was hoping I could train another mage one day, how about we start right now?"[/b] Tephra nodded quickly, the same hopeful expression on Vega's face plastered across her own. They rushed over to Nettle and told her where they were going before pushing through the thickets to find a small clearing illuminated by the sunshine that left dappled shadows across the ground below their talons. Tephra sat down in the middle, wrapping her fluffy tail neatly around her front talons and waited whilst Vega flicked through his book and pulled out an ink pot and feathered quill. Finally, he found his page and lay it open on the grass [b]"Right, here we go,"[/b] he said, not looking up from the page [b]"this one should be easy enough for an Arcane dragon such as yourself,"[/b] Tephra noticed him giggle quietly at his masterful tone. Vega hovered over and placed one talon on one of her own, he began to carefully guide her talons to perform an elaborate gesture [b]"after that,"[/b] he began after he had dropped her talons [b]"thrust them forwards and aim at your opponent, this will blast them backwards a bit to give you time to charge another attack. I think its really useful,"[/b] he added with a smile and Tephra felt a small, strange flutter in her heart at the excitement in his words. She uncoiled herself and lifted onto her haunches, stretching her talons out [b]"ready!"[/b] she called as the Spiral positioned himself a little way in front of her [b]"all right! Aim for me, it works best if you hit the enemy square in the chest!"[/b] he yelled back. Tephra stiffened [b][i] what if I mess up and hurt him? He'll never train me then, even if he does survive[/i][/b] she gulped and began to move her talons as she remembered, putting on a confident look as she did so. Finally she got to the last movement and thrust her talons forwards to quick to hear the urgent [b]"wait, no!"[/b] that sounded from ahead of her. A pink light slammed into the spiral, barrelling him over and engulfing him in a blinding arcane ball. Suddenly, the light expanded and washed over the trembling Tundra. She felt frozen to the ground, standing helpless as some invisible force buffeted her, she called out to Vega and felt a thin talon grab her own outstretched claws. In an instant, as soon as it had emitted from her clawtips, the light had vanished, leaving the two terrified dragons clinging to each other in the clearing from before. This time however, three pink eggs floated between them [b]"wh-what just happened?"[/b] Tephra stammered, letting go of her new mentor [b]"I tried to warn you,"[/b] Vega whispered quietly [b]"I completely forgot that the spell to create eggs is so similar to the knockback spell... stars above I'm so sorry, I should have remembered,"[/b] he floated over to his book and dusted it off before clipping it back onto the strap. Then he went to the eggs and stared for a moment, Tephra joined him [b]"I didn't even know eggs could be made this way, are they-" "Ours, yes, and its very rare to make them this way. Usually only skilled mages can do this, and the survival rate is very low, only the hatchlings with a strong talent for magic will live past their hatching. I'm so sorry to put you through something like that, but I intend to raise them anyway. You don't have to help if you don't want to, I did drag you into this..."[/b] he trailed off, carefully lifting one of the eggs into his talons. Tephra picked one up to, holding it close to her chest fur [b]"It was mostly my fault, I messed up,[/b] Tephra began, laying her free talon on his trembling shoulder [b]"However, I need to take responsibility too and it would be a pleasure to raise these eggs with you Vega. If you'll let me..."[/b] she gazed into his deep pink eyes, so like her own and lifted the other egg, placing both in the pockets of her coat. The pair walked back to the camp together in silence, both lost in their thoughts of parenthood and the beautiful hatchlings that they would protect with their lives. When they arrived, Breeze sprinted over to hug her daughter [b]"I was so worried about you! Are you both alright? Never- are those eggs?"[/b] she said, noticing the unmistakable pink shells. Tephra nodded and explained the events that took place before [b]"but I will protect them with my life,"[/b] she finished [b]"we might not have intended to make them, but I will love them anyway. They will never feel like mere accidents, but loved members of the family." [i]that is, if they survive[/i][/b] she added to herself, clutching the eggs a little tighter. -------- @Petall -------- Pinkerton please! I was going to develop this relationship and you had to go and rush it!! At least their offspring look amazing in forsee progeny So I wrote todays update in two bits. The first I wrote in the morning, and the second in the evening (in my timezone anyway). I hadn't realised this before but apparently (in my opinion) my writing is so much better in the evening than in the morning, so updates may come later from now on in the hopes that they are much better. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/6#post_40414295]Next Day[/url]
Contents
Day 46: Magical Accidents

Golden Birdskull Legband

dragon?did=54337697&skin=0&apparel=21223,1550,12918&xt=dressing.png

"Hey Vega," Nettle said with a mischievous grin "my sister wanted me to ask you if you'd train her to use magic" Tephra sat up sharply and stumbled out of the den the group had made for the night. It had been a while since the group had found Boreal, Calcite and Opal now and the three youngest members had reached their full grown size. However this meant that everyone had to sleep close together in the shelter as there was now little room, Tephra had to make sure she didn't wake any of the sleeping dragons as she rushed out to confront her sister. By the time she had successfully avoided any angry growls, her sister had already walked away from Vega, who was now curled around a tree with a puzzled expression. When he saw Tephra his face lit up "Ah, there you are! Your sister came by and told me you wanted me to train you, is that true?" he asked as he fumbled with the book that was strapped across his shoulder, it was obvious that he was attempting to hide his hopeful expression "Well, um, yes it is but I thought you wouldn't want to train me. You seem busy with Enceladus at the moment, I can wait until you sort that out if you-"
"It's fine, really,"
Vega interrupted "actually I was hoping I could train another mage one day, how about we start right now?" Tephra nodded quickly, the same hopeful expression on Vega's face plastered across her own. They rushed over to Nettle and told her where they were going before pushing through the thickets to find a small clearing illuminated by the sunshine that left dappled shadows across the ground below their talons. Tephra sat down in the middle, wrapping her fluffy tail neatly around her front talons and waited whilst Vega flicked through his book and pulled out an ink pot and feathered quill. Finally, he found his page and lay it open on the grass "Right, here we go," he said, not looking up from the page "this one should be easy enough for an Arcane dragon such as yourself," Tephra noticed him giggle quietly at his masterful tone. Vega hovered over and placed one talon on one of her own, he began to carefully guide her talons to perform an elaborate gesture "after that," he began after he had dropped her talons "thrust them forwards and aim at your opponent, this will blast them backwards a bit to give you time to charge another attack. I think its really useful," he added with a smile and Tephra felt a small, strange flutter in her heart at the excitement in his words. She uncoiled herself and lifted onto her haunches, stretching her talons out "ready!" she called as the Spiral positioned himself a little way in front of her "all right! Aim for me, it works best if you hit the enemy square in the chest!" he yelled back. Tephra stiffened what if I mess up and hurt him? He'll never train me then, even if he does survive she gulped and began to move her talons as she remembered, putting on a confident look as she did so. Finally she got to the last movement and thrust her talons forwards to quick to hear the urgent "wait, no!" that sounded from ahead of her. A pink light slammed into the spiral, barrelling him over and engulfing him in a blinding arcane ball. Suddenly, the light expanded and washed over the trembling Tundra. She felt frozen to the ground, standing helpless as some invisible force buffeted her, she called out to Vega and felt a thin talon grab her own outstretched claws. In an instant, as soon as it had emitted from her clawtips, the light had vanished, leaving the two terrified dragons clinging to each other in the clearing from before. This time however, three pink eggs floated between them "wh-what just happened?" Tephra stammered, letting go of her new mentor "I tried to warn you," Vega whispered quietly "I completely forgot that the spell to create eggs is so similar to the knockback spell... stars above I'm so sorry, I should have remembered," he floated over to his book and dusted it off before clipping it back onto the strap. Then he went to the eggs and stared for a moment, Tephra joined him "I didn't even know eggs could be made this way, are they-"
"Ours, yes, and its very rare to make them this way. Usually only skilled mages can do this, and the survival rate is very low, only the hatchlings with a strong talent for magic will live past their hatching. I'm so sorry to put you through something like that, but I intend to raise them anyway. You don't have to help if you don't want to, I did drag you into this..."
he trailed off, carefully lifting one of the eggs into his talons. Tephra picked one up to, holding it close to her chest fur "It was mostly my fault, I messed up, Tephra began, laying her free talon on his trembling shoulder "However, I need to take responsibility too and it would be a pleasure to raise these eggs with you Vega. If you'll let me..." she gazed into his deep pink eyes, so like her own and lifted the other egg, placing both in the pockets of her coat. The pair walked back to the camp together in silence, both lost in their thoughts of parenthood and the beautiful hatchlings that they would protect with their lives. When they arrived, Breeze sprinted over to hug her daughter "I was so worried about you! Are you both alright? Never- are those eggs?" she said, noticing the unmistakable pink shells. Tephra nodded and explained the events that took place before "but I will protect them with my life," she finished "we might not have intended to make them, but I will love them anyway. They will never feel like mere accidents, but loved members of the family." that is, if they survive she added to herself, clutching the eggs a little tighter.

@Petall

Pinkerton please! I was going to develop this relationship and you had to go and rush it!! At least their offspring look amazing in forsee progeny

So I wrote todays update in two bits. The first I wrote in the morning, and the second in the evening (in my timezone anyway). I hadn't realised this before but apparently (in my opinion) my writing is so much better in the evening than in the morning, so updates may come later from now on in the hopes that they are much better.

Next Day
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
@Midwinter

OooooOOoooOo babies!!! I can't wait to meet them!!!
@Midwinter

OooooOOoooOo babies!!! I can't wait to meet them!!!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
[center] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/1#post_39707861]Contents[/url] [size = 7]Day 47: Tiger Lilies [/size] [item = Frozen Rock Flow] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=53143001&skin=0&apparel=12896,13851,9450,29221&xt=dressing.png[/img] Ember tucked his flower crown back behind his ear, letting his talon stay there for a moment longer than it needed too. He was never much of a fan of flowers, there weren't many in his homeland anyway save for a few plants struggling through the layers of ash and rock that covered the Ashfall Waste. However, since leaving and meeting Breeze he had found a new appreciation for the numerous plants dotting the more fertile territories, although his favourite would always be the tiger lilies that adorned his head. He didn't care anymore if another dragon noticed him tending to his crown, recently he had even been proud of it especially now that his own daughter had found love of her own [b][i]well, sort of[/i][/b]. Ember rushed over to the gathering crowd around his daughter to see for himself if it was really true that Tephra and Vega had returned from an early training session carrying eggs. He pushed his way past Calcite and Kuiper to come face to face with the soon-to-be-parents [b]"what's all this about eggs? Are they yours?"[/b] he asked, fighting to keep the confusion out of his eyes. His response was a nod from both dragons, he'd expected as such from his quieter daughter, but not from the excitable Spiral [b]"there's no need to be ashamed,"[/b] he said, lifting Tephra's head with one talon [b]"I'm not angry, neither is your mother or anyone here. Do you want me to carry one?"[/b] he said in an unusually soft tone, lifting one egg into the warmth of his talons. He allowed the smallest bit of fire magic to seep into his talons to simulate the warmth a nest would usually give and repeated the process with the other two eggs. Under the last, he felt a stirring deep below the shell [b][i]maybe this one will be strong[/i][/b] he thought, gently passing the egg back to its parents. He gave Vega an approving nod, and Tephra a pat on the head before walking back to the shelter to begin dismantling it. As he walked by, he noticed Kuiper's jaw had practically fell to the floor in shock, but he ignored it and carried on [b][i]I’m not dealing with his questions today[/i][/b]. Once he had reached the shelter, he heard heavy talonsteps behind him and he whipped around, expecting to see Kuiper. Instead, Enceladus stood before him with an attempt at a friendly grin plastered over his face [b]"I've come to help,"[/b] he declared, nodding to the large shelter [b]"I'm guessing its bigger than you're used to now that all of us have tagged along. Besides, I should probably make myself useful," [/b] Ember threw him a branch from the roof and he gave a genuine smile this time before lifting a few more with his horns. Once they had dismantled the structure, Enceladus began to throw the branches evenly across the clearing [b]"why are you doing that?"[/b] Ember called [b]"that just takes up extra travelling energy,"[/b] Enceladus dropped the branches he was holding and frowned [b]"the branches do not look natural if we leave them, anyone passing through here will know a large group of easy targets has been here. Besides, does it not annoy you that there are clumps of branches here and there?"[/b] Ember tilted his head [b]"how can anyone possibly tell all of that by a few bundles of branches?"[/b] he asked, frustration seeping into his words [b]"its better to save energy for travelling surely, we still have a while to go and Kuiper thinks we can do it in one last day, we'll need to walk fast to meet that deadline. Come on, lets just leave the branches and get back to the group"[/b] the Gaoler looked as if he wanted to argue, but clearly thought the better of it as he silently turned to go back to the group, abandoning the sticks. Ember sighed [b][i]maybe I shouldn't have been so hard on him, I hope he doesn't take it too personally[/i][/b]. --------- @Petall --------- Slightly shorter update today because I wasn't fully in the writing mood. Thought I should probably catch up on Ember since he is literally a main character but I've barely mentioned him recently. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/7#post_40425698]Next Day[/url]
Contents
Day 47: Tiger Lilies

Frozen Rock Flow

dragon?did=53143001&skin=0&apparel=12896,13851,9450,29221&xt=dressing.png

Ember tucked his flower crown back behind his ear, letting his talon stay there for a moment longer than it needed too. He was never much of a fan of flowers, there weren't many in his homeland anyway save for a few plants struggling through the layers of ash and rock that covered the Ashfall Waste. However, since leaving and meeting Breeze he had found a new appreciation for the numerous plants dotting the more fertile territories, although his favourite would always be the tiger lilies that adorned his head. He didn't care anymore if another dragon noticed him tending to his crown, recently he had even been proud of it especially now that his own daughter had found love of her own well, sort of. Ember rushed over to the gathering crowd around his daughter to see for himself if it was really true that Tephra and Vega had returned from an early training session carrying eggs. He pushed his way past Calcite and Kuiper to come face to face with the soon-to-be-parents "what's all this about eggs? Are they yours?" he asked, fighting to keep the confusion out of his eyes. His response was a nod from both dragons, he'd expected as such from his quieter daughter, but not from the excitable Spiral "there's no need to be ashamed," he said, lifting Tephra's head with one talon "I'm not angry, neither is your mother or anyone here. Do you want me to carry one?" he said in an unusually soft tone, lifting one egg into the warmth of his talons. He allowed the smallest bit of fire magic to seep into his talons to simulate the warmth a nest would usually give and repeated the process with the other two eggs. Under the last, he felt a stirring deep below the shell maybe this one will be strong he thought, gently passing the egg back to its parents. He gave Vega an approving nod, and Tephra a pat on the head before walking back to the shelter to begin dismantling it. As he walked by, he noticed Kuiper's jaw had practically fell to the floor in shock, but he ignored it and carried on I’m not dealing with his questions today. Once he had reached the shelter, he heard heavy talonsteps behind him and he whipped around, expecting to see Kuiper. Instead, Enceladus stood before him with an attempt at a friendly grin plastered over his face "I've come to help," he declared, nodding to the large shelter "I'm guessing its bigger than you're used to now that all of us have tagged along. Besides, I should probably make myself useful," Ember threw him a branch from the roof and he gave a genuine smile this time before lifting a few more with his horns. Once they had dismantled the structure, Enceladus began to throw the branches evenly across the clearing "why are you doing that?" Ember called "that just takes up extra travelling energy," Enceladus dropped the branches he was holding and frowned "the branches do not look natural if we leave them, anyone passing through here will know a large group of easy targets has been here. Besides, does it not annoy you that there are clumps of branches here and there?" Ember tilted his head "how can anyone possibly tell all of that by a few bundles of branches?" he asked, frustration seeping into his words "its better to save energy for travelling surely, we still have a while to go and Kuiper thinks we can do it in one last day, we'll need to walk fast to meet that deadline. Come on, lets just leave the branches and get back to the group" the Gaoler looked as if he wanted to argue, but clearly thought the better of it as he silently turned to go back to the group, abandoning the sticks. Ember sighed maybe I shouldn't have been so hard on him, I hope he doesn't take it too personally.

@Petall

Slightly shorter update today because I wasn't fully in the writing mood.

Thought I should probably catch up on Ember since he is literally a main character but I've barely mentioned him recently.

Next Day
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
@Midwinter

Ember is a good dad, confirmed. I am literally so excited for this nest!!!
@Midwinter

Ember is a good dad, confirmed. I am literally so excited for this nest!!!
@Petall

Ember is best dad and probably an even better granddad.

Oh and I couldn't wait to see your C nest hatch and oh my gosh?? A wildclaw AND lace?? RNG was on your side for sure
@Petall

Ember is best dad and probably an even better granddad.

Oh and I couldn't wait to see your C nest hatch and oh my gosh?? A wildclaw AND lace?? RNG was on your side for sure
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
@Midwinter

I KNOW RIGHT??? He truly is a gift! I can hardly believe it myself!
@Midwinter

I KNOW RIGHT??? He truly is a gift! I can hardly believe it myself!
@Petall Coldstorm is a bean who must be protected at all costs. I almost screamed when I saw him [emoji=pearlcatcher laughing size=1]
@Petall

Coldstorm is a bean who must be protected at all costs. I almost screamed when I saw him
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8