Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | (Pinkerlocke) Uncharted Territory
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[center] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/1#post_39707861]Contents[/url] [size = 7]Day 48: Battle [/size] [item = Mallard] ---------- @Petall ---------- Rolled Ember, Kuiper and Opal Opal is now level 5 and Kuiper is now level 8 [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/7#post_40445604]Next Day[/url]
Contents
Day 48: Battle

Mallard

@Petall
Rolled Ember, Kuiper and Opal
Opal is now level 5 and Kuiper is now level 8

Next Day
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
[center] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/1#post_39707861]Contents[/url] [size = 7]Day 49: Art! [/size] [item = Singed Webbing] (Revoked) [img]https://i.imgur.com/OFe0NE0.jpg[/img] ---------- @Petall ---------- I really haven't been in the mood to write recently, so today I decided to draw instead [s]please forgive me Pink[/s]. So, here's Tephra!! She was surprizingly easy to draw considering she has so much apparel on her head [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/7#post_40461251]Next Day[/url]
Contents
Day 49: Art!

Singed Webbing
(Revoked)

OFe0NE0.jpg

@Petall
I really haven't been in the mood to write recently, so today I decided to draw instead please forgive me Pink. So, here's Tephra!! She was surprizingly easy to draw considering she has so much apparel on her head

Next Day
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
[center] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/1#post_39707861]Contents[/url] [size = 7]Day 50: The Mage [/size] [item = Sparkling Violet Wing Bow] (Saved for later) [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=54337699&skin=0&apparel=21215,3685,2465&xt=dressing.png[/img] Nettle fiddled with her scarf and sighed. Ever since her sister had come back with eggs her parents had refused to continue the journey until they had hatched. They had said something about "not wanting to loose another dragon", although Nettle didn't remember them loosing a member at all. She understood their reasoning, but lately she had been itching to travel again and she clearly wasn't the only dragon that felt that way. Nettle noticed Boreal pacing next to an exhausted looking Calcite [b]"Look Cal, I don't mean we should leave the group,"[/b] the Guardian said, waving one talon around as she spoke [b]"let's just go and explore the area a little, then we can come back before sunset and re-join them. I know you want to explore just as much as I do,"[/b] Calcite sighed and shook her head [b]"What if they move on without us? We need the protection, and we'd be leaving Opal behind. If they were to move on we'd loose him and I-" "So let's take him with us! He's just as much of an explorer as we are and he'd love to do something instead of just waiting around,"[/b] she paced some more as Calcite hung her head [b]"It won't be much longer until those eggs hatch Boreal, then we'll get moving again. I overheard Breeze saying they're due to hatch today. How about we ask to go hunting, then we'll still get some excitement but they'll also know where we are?"[/b] Nettle gasped [b][i]the eggs are supposed to hatch today?[/i][/b] she thought, it seemed like only yesterday that her sister had returned with them and announced that she and Vega had created them by accident during a training session. Nettle stood up and wandered closer to the centre of camp, where the eggs were being protected by the whole group. She saw her mother, Breeze, inspecting the eggs with Vega and Tephra by her side. Suddenly Breeze let out a cry of delight as a crack splintered across the egg she was holding. Nettle rushed over as a crowd began to gather around the nest, she headed straight for her sister, who was visibly shaking beside Vega who had at least five knots along his body. Suddenly, a small furry form pushed its way out of the shell and Breeze quickly placed it beside its parents, half suppressing a squeal of delight. [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=6&bodygene=10&breed=6&element=9&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=131&tertgene=13&winggene=21&wings=4&auth=233446dd8cefa0e76170e01ec39775bcab715cf4&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Everyone waited for the other two to hatch, but both eggs were suddenly enveloped in a soft pink light. For a second, two Spirals hovered in the centre of the light before vanishing and leaving no trace of their existence. [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=118&bodygene=10&breed=7&element=9&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=4&tertgene=13&winggene=21&wings=93&auth=d8f0e3a0d4b055ce1cbe3df49dc016c8a0a87df6&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=118&bodygene=10&breed=7&element=9&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=91&tertgene=13&winggene=21&wings=171&auth=9fb93526b4368369fa66d1ff8f8de17d9a3d1e11&dummyext=prev.png[/img] No one dared move. Everyone was stunned into a silence that was soon broken by the remaining hatchling squealing. Vega lifted the Tundra into his talons and smiled sadly [b]"would you like to name her, Tephra?"[/b] she turned to face him slowly, her mouth still open in shock [b]"care to explain what that was?"[/b] Tephra whispered and Nettle knew there was anger beneath her sorrow. Vega looked away and hugged the hatchling a bit tighter [b]"remember I told you,"[/b] he began, meeting her gaze once more [b]"only hatchlings with a strong magical potential survive hatching when they are created this way, those two apparently didn't have enough. That’s why dragons don't tend to use this method unless they want strong heirs or something,"[/b] he trailed off as Tephra stepped towards him and stroked the hatchling's head. He pulled Tephra into a hug and they sat like that for a moment as the rest of the group dispersed one by one leaving Ember, Breeze and Nettle with the new parents. Ember silently comforted the crying Breeze as she muttered something about a star. After a while, Tephra let go of Vega and lay one talon on the hatchling again [b]"what about Rhea? If you don't mind me naming her,"[/b] she said softly, avoiding his gaze [b]"of course I don't mind, and I think that's a wonderful name, how about Triton and Phobos for the Spirals. Its respectful to name them,"[/b] Tephra nodded and hugged him again before silently moving towards Nettle and pulling her into a hug too. ---------- @Petall ---------- I've decided to save this pull for when Breeze is next RTB in 9 days. Pinkerton clearly has a thing for Tundras, I have so many of them now. Its probably because he is one to be honest. I'm so sad that neither of the Spirals survived, they were so pretty too... I'll probably be keeping them for the Arcane fest dom unless you (or anyone else) want one.
Contents
Day 50: The Mage

Sparkling Violet Wing Bow
(Saved for later)

dragon?did=54337699&skin=0&apparel=21215,3685,2465&xt=dressing.png

Nettle fiddled with her scarf and sighed. Ever since her sister had come back with eggs her parents had refused to continue the journey until they had hatched. They had said something about "not wanting to loose another dragon", although Nettle didn't remember them loosing a member at all. She understood their reasoning, but lately she had been itching to travel again and she clearly wasn't the only dragon that felt that way. Nettle noticed Boreal pacing next to an exhausted looking Calcite "Look Cal, I don't mean we should leave the group," the Guardian said, waving one talon around as she spoke "let's just go and explore the area a little, then we can come back before sunset and re-join them. I know you want to explore just as much as I do," Calcite sighed and shook her head "What if they move on without us? We need the protection, and we'd be leaving Opal behind. If they were to move on we'd loose him and I-"
"So let's take him with us! He's just as much of an explorer as we are and he'd love to do something instead of just waiting around,"
she paced some more as Calcite hung her head "It won't be much longer until those eggs hatch Boreal, then we'll get moving again. I overheard Breeze saying they're due to hatch today. How about we ask to go hunting, then we'll still get some excitement but they'll also know where we are?" Nettle gasped the eggs are supposed to hatch today? she thought, it seemed like only yesterday that her sister had returned with them and announced that she and Vega had created them by accident during a training session. Nettle stood up and wandered closer to the centre of camp, where the eggs were being protected by the whole group. She saw her mother, Breeze, inspecting the eggs with Vega and Tephra by her side. Suddenly Breeze let out a cry of delight as a crack splintered across the egg she was holding. Nettle rushed over as a crowd began to gather around the nest, she headed straight for her sister, who was visibly shaking beside Vega who had at least five knots along his body. Suddenly, a small furry form pushed its way out of the shell and Breeze quickly placed it beside its parents, half suppressing a squeal of delight.
dragon?age=0&body=6&bodygene=10&breed=6&element=9&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=131&tertgene=13&winggene=21&wings=4&auth=233446dd8cefa0e76170e01ec39775bcab715cf4&dummyext=prev.png
Everyone waited for the other two to hatch, but both eggs were suddenly enveloped in a soft pink light. For a second, two Spirals hovered in the centre of the light before vanishing and leaving no trace of their existence.
dragon?age=0&body=118&bodygene=10&breed=7&element=9&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=4&tertgene=13&winggene=21&wings=93&auth=d8f0e3a0d4b055ce1cbe3df49dc016c8a0a87df6&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?age=0&body=118&bodygene=10&breed=7&element=9&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=91&tertgene=13&winggene=21&wings=171&auth=9fb93526b4368369fa66d1ff8f8de17d9a3d1e11&dummyext=prev.png
No one dared move. Everyone was stunned into a silence that was soon broken by the remaining hatchling squealing. Vega lifted the Tundra into his talons and smiled sadly "would you like to name her, Tephra?" she turned to face him slowly, her mouth still open in shock "care to explain what that was?" Tephra whispered and Nettle knew there was anger beneath her sorrow. Vega looked away and hugged the hatchling a bit tighter "remember I told you," he began, meeting her gaze once more "only hatchlings with a strong magical potential survive hatching when they are created this way, those two apparently didn't have enough. That’s why dragons don't tend to use this method unless they want strong heirs or something," he trailed off as Tephra stepped towards him and stroked the hatchling's head. He pulled Tephra into a hug and they sat like that for a moment as the rest of the group dispersed one by one leaving Ember, Breeze and Nettle with the new parents. Ember silently comforted the crying Breeze as she muttered something about a star. After a while, Tephra let go of Vega and lay one talon on the hatchling again "what about Rhea? If you don't mind me naming her," she said softly, avoiding his gaze "of course I don't mind, and I think that's a wonderful name, how about Triton and Phobos for the Spirals. Its respectful to name them," Tephra nodded and hugged him again before silently moving towards Nettle and pulling her into a hug too.

@Petall
I've decided to save this pull for when Breeze is next RTB in 9 days.

Pinkerton clearly has a thing for Tundras, I have so many of them now. Its probably because he is one to be honest. I'm so sad that neither of the Spirals survived, they were so pretty too...

I'll probably be keeping them for the Arcane fest dom unless you (or anyone else) want one.
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
@Midwinter

That's some beautiful art!!!

And those hatchlings look great! Rhea is adorable and must be protected at all costs! I'm really tempted, but I don't have the pull to take either of them in at this point, maybe later I'll get an apparel pull that lines up!
@Midwinter

That's some beautiful art!!!

And those hatchlings look great! Rhea is adorable and must be protected at all costs! I'm really tempted, but I don't have the pull to take either of them in at this point, maybe later I'll get an apparel pull that lines up!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall
Thank you so much!! (I only just realised how bad the picture quality is, oops)

Rhea is beautiful and I would literally die for her. I'm so excited to develop her character!
@Petall
Thank you so much!! (I only just realised how bad the picture quality is, oops)

Rhea is beautiful and I would literally die for her. I'm so excited to develop her character!
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
[center] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/1#post_39707861]Contents[/url] [size = 7]Day 51: Death Streak [/size] [item = Berserker] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=53365074&skin=0&apparel=12897&xt=dressing.png[/img] Boreal sat beside her Charge and sighed. The group had decided to stay where they were for another day to give themselves time to deal with the day's events. Boreal understood their reasoning, but she couldn't help the boredom she felt at the prospect of not moving for yet another day. She knew Calcite felt the same, even if she hid it well, and Boreal was determined to give her the adventure she wanted [b]"come on Calcite,"[/b] she whined [b]"they aren't moving until tomorrow, we can explore for today and be back well before they leave. I know you're just as bored as I am, come on it'll be fine!"[/b] she prodded her lightly with one talon and Calcite laughed [b]"alright then,"[/b] she got to her talons and poked Boreal back [b]"race you to that tree!"[/b] she leaped gracefully into the air and sped away from Boreal, the guardian followed her trail and almost rammed into her as she stopped suddenly. At first Boreal thought that Calcite had simply reached the tree, but then she caught the scent of something she didn't want to scent [b]"Centaurs"[/b] both dragons whispered at the same time. Suddenly, the sound of hooves filled the clearing, Boreal detected about three or four of them as they charged around the clearing. One of them lunged and scratched the Guardian with a spear and she turned to fight back, but was suddenly attacked from the other side. Calcite yelped and Boreal felt a wave of protective instinct wash over her as she leaped over to help her, she felt pelt underneath her talons and she slashed again. Another scent appeared under the overwhelming centaur stink [b][i]dragon?[/i][/b] she thought [b][i]Spiral. Vega![/i][/b] the other Spiral flew past, and Boreal made out a flash of light with the very limited vision she had, coming from his direction. She was about to swipe at another centaur, when a sickeningly familiar screech split the air. The centaurs fled, satisfied with the damage they had caused. Boreal scented for the injured dragon, and felt her talon brush against a thin, scaled body [b]"Calcite,"[/b] she breathed [b]"please, get up. Come one we need to get back,"[/b] she nudged her gently and felt the packs she draped across herself fall onto the ground below [b]"Calcite please, wake up. I need you Cal, please. Don't do this to me,"[/b] she felt warm tears roll down her snout [b]"I'm sorry Calcite, I've failed you..."[/b] she trailed off as her throat tightened, all the words she needed to say choked out of existence. Her world felt darker than usual. A thin talon rested on her shoulder, and for a second she thought it was Calcite telling her it was all a joke, but the voice that spoke was male [b]"I'm so sorry Boreal, she was your Charge wasn't she? We should bury her, do you want to take her back to camp or do it here?"[/b] Vega whispered. Boreal traced the scales along her neck and finally reached her face, she brushed against it and remembered all the times they had laughed together [b]"I think she should be buried here, amongst the flowers, she always loved flowers and adventure. If she's out here then its like another fun adventure, I think she'd-"[/b] Boreal found she couldn't speak anymore. Instead she began to dig, she heard the Spiral hover off to get the others to help, but Boreal wanted to do this herself. By the time everyone else found her, Boreal had dug the grave deep enough and nudged her inside. She picked up the coat she always wore and wrapped it around herself, breathing in the quickly fading scent of her Charge. Then she donned the packs filled with all sorts of Calcite's favourite plants. She rummaged through the bags and found a sweet smelling flower, Calcite had told her it was her favourite, and she placed it inside the grave. Then, with the help of Enceladus, she shovelled the earth over the Spiral to protect her from anymore harm. Boreal felt a fresh wave of tears roll down her face as she patted down the last pile of earth [b][i]oh, Calcite I'm sorry,[/i][/b] she thought, bowing her head [b][i]I've failed as a Guardian.[/i][/b] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=53365074&skin=0&apparel=12897,20612,20607,20610&xt=dressing.png[/img] ---------- @Petall ---------- I hope you perish for this Pinkerton. You hear me? I hope you PERISH for actually making me cry whilst writing this. Holy Heck I am not ok right now. *cries in the corner* (As with Vega and Tephra's kids you or anyone else can take Calcite if you want. If not then I'll wait for the Arcane fest push)
Contents
Day 51: Death Streak

Berserker

dragon?did=53365074&skin=0&apparel=12897&xt=dressing.png

Boreal sat beside her Charge and sighed. The group had decided to stay where they were for another day to give themselves time to deal with the day's events. Boreal understood their reasoning, but she couldn't help the boredom she felt at the prospect of not moving for yet another day. She knew Calcite felt the same, even if she hid it well, and Boreal was determined to give her the adventure she wanted "come on Calcite," she whined "they aren't moving until tomorrow, we can explore for today and be back well before they leave. I know you're just as bored as I am, come on it'll be fine!" she prodded her lightly with one talon and Calcite laughed "alright then," she got to her talons and poked Boreal back "race you to that tree!" she leaped gracefully into the air and sped away from Boreal, the guardian followed her trail and almost rammed into her as she stopped suddenly. At first Boreal thought that Calcite had simply reached the tree, but then she caught the scent of something she didn't want to scent "Centaurs" both dragons whispered at the same time. Suddenly, the sound of hooves filled the clearing, Boreal detected about three or four of them as they charged around the clearing. One of them lunged and scratched the Guardian with a spear and she turned to fight back, but was suddenly attacked from the other side. Calcite yelped and Boreal felt a wave of protective instinct wash over her as she leaped over to help her, she felt pelt underneath her talons and she slashed again. Another scent appeared under the overwhelming centaur stink dragon? she thought Spiral. Vega! the other Spiral flew past, and Boreal made out a flash of light with the very limited vision she had, coming from his direction. She was about to swipe at another centaur, when a sickeningly familiar screech split the air. The centaurs fled, satisfied with the damage they had caused. Boreal scented for the injured dragon, and felt her talon brush against a thin, scaled body "Calcite," she breathed "please, get up. Come one we need to get back," she nudged her gently and felt the packs she draped across herself fall onto the ground below "Calcite please, wake up. I need you Cal, please. Don't do this to me," she felt warm tears roll down her snout "I'm sorry Calcite, I've failed you..." she trailed off as her throat tightened, all the words she needed to say choked out of existence. Her world felt darker than usual. A thin talon rested on her shoulder, and for a second she thought it was Calcite telling her it was all a joke, but the voice that spoke was male "I'm so sorry Boreal, she was your Charge wasn't she? We should bury her, do you want to take her back to camp or do it here?" Vega whispered. Boreal traced the scales along her neck and finally reached her face, she brushed against it and remembered all the times they had laughed together "I think she should be buried here, amongst the flowers, she always loved flowers and adventure. If she's out here then its like another fun adventure, I think she'd-" Boreal found she couldn't speak anymore. Instead she began to dig, she heard the Spiral hover off to get the others to help, but Boreal wanted to do this herself. By the time everyone else found her, Boreal had dug the grave deep enough and nudged her inside. She picked up the coat she always wore and wrapped it around herself, breathing in the quickly fading scent of her Charge. Then she donned the packs filled with all sorts of Calcite's favourite plants. She rummaged through the bags and found a sweet smelling flower, Calcite had told her it was her favourite, and she placed it inside the grave. Then, with the help of Enceladus, she shovelled the earth over the Spiral to protect her from anymore harm. Boreal felt a fresh wave of tears roll down her face as she patted down the last pile of earth oh, Calcite I'm sorry, she thought, bowing her head I've failed as a Guardian.

dragon?did=53365074&skin=0&apparel=12897,20612,20607,20610&xt=dressing.png
@Petall

I hope you perish for this Pinkerton. You hear me? I hope you PERISH for actually making me cry whilst writing this. Holy Heck I am not ok right now. *cries in the corner*

(As with Vega and Tephra's kids you or anyone else can take Calcite if you want. If not then I'll wait for the Arcane fest push)
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
@Midwinter

Oh no!!!! I can't believe she lost her charge so soon after discovering who it was! Honestly, I love charge lore, but it can be so heartbreaking sometimes...

If I can make a pinkerton pull line up at some point, maybe I'll take in one of the hatchlings. I love pinkerlocke crossovers, so even if I don't take one from this nest, I'll make sure I take someone in at some point
@Midwinter

Oh no!!!! I can't believe she lost her charge so soon after discovering who it was! Honestly, I love charge lore, but it can be so heartbreaking sometimes...

If I can make a pinkerton pull line up at some point, maybe I'll take in one of the hatchlings. I love pinkerlocke crossovers, so even if I don't take one from this nest, I'll make sure I take someone in at some point
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall
I know!! I was so excited to write some Charge lore, but I guess I'll have to settle for lost Charge lore now.
@Petall
I know!! I was so excited to write some Charge lore, but I guess I'll have to settle for lost Charge lore now.
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
[b][/b][b][/b][i][/i][center] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/1#post_39707861]Contents[/url] [size = 7]Day 52: Deimos[/size] [item = Bucktooth Digger] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=55142593&skin=0&apparel=31007,370,31591,24516,394,435&xt=dressing.png[/img] Deimos threw his spanner at the ground again and snarled in frustration [b][i] why do they keep falling apart, what am I doing wrong? [/i] [/b] the thought as the metal beside him fell apart once more. As the plates separated, a washer flew out and landed on his nose which didn't particularly help his anger. He violently thrashed his head to remove the washer and kicked his project causing it to fall apart completely. The young Ridgeback sat down and sighed, counting to ten in his head before scanning the clearing for his spanner. He found it hanging by the straps from a nearby tree and, using the sharp claws at the back of his front talons, he sawed through the branch to retrieve it. Then he set about fixing the disaster that lay before him. He searched through the many pockets in his coat to find another screw to fasten the metal together before having an idea [b][i] What about if I used a bolt instead? Sure, I don't have as many but I could probably 'borrow' more later from somewhere. [/i][/b] he rummaged around for a bolt and found a small bag of around seven bolts. He removed the screws from their places with the screwdriver attachment on his spanner and placed the bolts in instead. It was a tight fit, but with a whack from the flat end of the spanner they squeezed in. Deimos lifted the wing plates up to the sun to inspect the seam, he gave them a test kick and to his excitement they stayed together [b][i]why didn't I think of using bolts before?[/i][/b] he thought, failing to contain the grin that spread across his face as he fastened the straps to his wings. He spread his wings and adjusted the lantern that hung from them slightly, he hung the spanner across his chest again and launched himself into the sky [b]"hmm, no slipping, not too tight, don't impede flight,"[/b] he muttered to himself as he went through the checklist [b]"lantern moves a little but not too distracting, gears turning smoothly,"[/b] he rolled over in the air and spread his wings as far as they would go [b]"Success!"[/b] he yelled to the sky as he flew above the starry trees of his homeland. From the corner of his eye, Deimos noticed movement among the trees [b]"Dragons? Hmm, maybe they'll have some bolts I can ste- borrow,"[/b] he corrected himself, his mother had always scolded him when he didn't say borrow [b]"It’s the proper Ridgeback way,"[/b] he mocked her angry tone [b]"Right, anyway, dragons"[/b] he focused back on the strangers he had spotted earlier, they walked almost in a line as they weaved through the forest. Deimos wondered why they didn't just fly until he noticed a mirror among them [b][i]not great fliers,[/i][/b] he recalled from the head engineer's endless lectures [i][b]I'm so glad I don't have to put up with that anymore[/b][/i] he scoffed. After following the strange group of dragons for a while, Deimos flew a little lower [i][b] maybe I should go meet these strangers[/b][/i]. --------- [size = 7] Day 53: Jupiter[/size] [item = Stormclaw Showman] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=55837441&skin=0&apparel=30821,31968,12905,31967,12926&xt=dressing.png[/img] The headteacher had called for yet another whole-school assembly, they were becoming pretty frequent after the news of the Astronomy students school trip had reached the University. Jupiter hated every one of them. They were all the same, just a grim reminder that both his sister and two of his best friends were gone. He was growing tired of wiping the tears from his snout and the sympathetic looks his classmates gave him [b][i]none of it will bring them back[/i][/b] he thought as he suppressed a snarl [b][i]they don't understand[/i][/b] he clenched his teeth as he fought back tears [i][b]I wish they'd stop reminding me, I wish every day I could see Kestrel, Eris and Kuiper again. They just don't seem to see that bringing it up always just makes it worse[/b][/i] even his own parents constantly brought it up, Jupiter had taken to hiding in his room to avoid the constant conversations about his sister, Kestrel, and the incident. He fought back his thoughts, filling his mind with the rumbling sound of thunder instead as he followed his classmates to the hall. When every dragon had been seated and the confused and curious murmuring had stopped, the headteacher stepped onto the stage and cleared his throat. The Imperial twitched his whiskers and held a letter in one talon, [b]"we've received some news that one of the Astronomy students had indeed survived,"[/b] he began, shocked gasps filled the room and Jupiter strained his ears to listen [i][b]who?[/b][/i] he thought [b][i]is it Kestrel? Oh please Stormcatcher let it be Kestrel[/i][/b] he begged, the first spark of hope since the incident formed in his chest and he made no effort to suppress it. Suddenly the headteacher stamped his great talon onto the stage and a quiet fell over the room again [b]"Yes, we received this letter yesterday evening from Kuiper, one of the students that we assumed dead. He wrote to tell us that he was alive, but there were no other survivors,"[/b] he paused for a second, but to Jupiter it felt like years [b][i] How- how did he survive? Why was he the only one, what hap-[/i][/b] suddenly, Jupiter felt cold, he couldn't could he? His best friend would never, he was far too weak and nervous. Unless, [b][i] He must have, there is no other explanation, he killed them himself. I thought I knew him; he was my friend. Well, not anymore, I will avenge you Kestrel It’s what you'd want me to do, what I have to do.[/i][/b] he felt a smile spread across his face, but not one of happiness, this one was of understanding and of realizing what had to be done [i][b]I must kill him myself[/b][/i]. ---------- @Petall ---------- Wow, school really kept me busy recently. I hoped to get one of today's updates out earlier but I guess it doesn't hurt to have two updates. I got Jupiter's familiar pull today and finally had some motivation to write his and Deimos' introductions. I got Deimos' pull a long time ago and began to write his update on around five different days before actually doing it today. And we've finally got an antagonist, I'm so excited to write Jupiter!!
Contents
Day 52: Deimos

Bucktooth Digger

dragon?did=55142593&skin=0&apparel=31007,370,31591,24516,394,435&xt=dressing.png

Deimos threw his spanner at the ground again and snarled in frustration why do they keep falling apart, what am I doing wrong? the thought as the metal beside him fell apart once more. As the plates separated, a washer flew out and landed on his nose which didn't particularly help his anger. He violently thrashed his head to remove the washer and kicked his project causing it to fall apart completely. The young Ridgeback sat down and sighed, counting to ten in his head before scanning the clearing for his spanner. He found it hanging by the straps from a nearby tree and, using the sharp claws at the back of his front talons, he sawed through the branch to retrieve it. Then he set about fixing the disaster that lay before him. He searched through the many pockets in his coat to find another screw to fasten the metal together before having an idea What about if I used a bolt instead? Sure, I don't have as many but I could probably 'borrow' more later from somewhere. he rummaged around for a bolt and found a small bag of around seven bolts. He removed the screws from their places with the screwdriver attachment on his spanner and placed the bolts in instead. It was a tight fit, but with a whack from the flat end of the spanner they squeezed in. Deimos lifted the wing plates up to the sun to inspect the seam, he gave them a test kick and to his excitement they stayed together why didn't I think of using bolts before? he thought, failing to contain the grin that spread across his face as he fastened the straps to his wings. He spread his wings and adjusted the lantern that hung from them slightly, he hung the spanner across his chest again and launched himself into the sky "hmm, no slipping, not too tight, don't impede flight," he muttered to himself as he went through the checklist "lantern moves a little but not too distracting, gears turning smoothly," he rolled over in the air and spread his wings as far as they would go "Success!" he yelled to the sky as he flew above the starry trees of his homeland. From the corner of his eye, Deimos noticed movement among the trees "Dragons? Hmm, maybe they'll have some bolts I can ste- borrow," he corrected himself, his mother had always scolded him when he didn't say borrow "It’s the proper Ridgeback way," he mocked her angry tone "Right, anyway, dragons" he focused back on the strangers he had spotted earlier, they walked almost in a line as they weaved through the forest. Deimos wondered why they didn't just fly until he noticed a mirror among them not great fliers, he recalled from the head engineer's endless lectures I'm so glad I don't have to put up with that anymore he scoffed. After following the strange group of dragons for a while, Deimos flew a little lower maybe I should go meet these strangers.

Day 53: Jupiter

Stormclaw Showman

dragon?did=55837441&skin=0&apparel=30821,31968,12905,31967,12926&xt=dressing.png

The headteacher had called for yet another whole-school assembly, they were becoming pretty frequent after the news of the Astronomy students school trip had reached the University. Jupiter hated every one of them. They were all the same, just a grim reminder that both his sister and two of his best friends were gone. He was growing tired of wiping the tears from his snout and the sympathetic looks his classmates gave him none of it will bring them back he thought as he suppressed a snarl they don't understand he clenched his teeth as he fought back tears I wish they'd stop reminding me, I wish every day I could see Kestrel, Eris and Kuiper again. They just don't seem to see that bringing it up always just makes it worse even his own parents constantly brought it up, Jupiter had taken to hiding in his room to avoid the constant conversations about his sister, Kestrel, and the incident. He fought back his thoughts, filling his mind with the rumbling sound of thunder instead as he followed his classmates to the hall. When every dragon had been seated and the confused and curious murmuring had stopped, the headteacher stepped onto the stage and cleared his throat. The Imperial twitched his whiskers and held a letter in one talon, "we've received some news that one of the Astronomy students had indeed survived," he began, shocked gasps filled the room and Jupiter strained his ears to listen who? he thought is it Kestrel? Oh please Stormcatcher let it be Kestrel he begged, the first spark of hope since the incident formed in his chest and he made no effort to suppress it. Suddenly the headteacher stamped his great talon onto the stage and a quiet fell over the room again "Yes, we received this letter yesterday evening from Kuiper, one of the students that we assumed dead. He wrote to tell us that he was alive, but there were no other survivors," he paused for a second, but to Jupiter it felt like years How- how did he survive? Why was he the only one, what hap- suddenly, Jupiter felt cold, he couldn't could he? His best friend would never, he was far too weak and nervous. Unless, He must have, there is no other explanation, he killed them himself. I thought I knew him; he was my friend. Well, not anymore, I will avenge you Kestrel It’s what you'd want me to do, what I have to do. he felt a smile spread across his face, but not one of happiness, this one was of understanding and of realizing what had to be done I must kill him myself.
@Petall
Wow, school really kept me busy recently. I hoped to get one of today's updates out earlier but I guess it doesn't hurt to have two updates. I got Jupiter's familiar pull today and finally had some motivation to write his and Deimos' introductions. I got Deimos' pull a long time ago and began to write his update on around five different days before actually doing it today.

And we've finally got an antagonist, I'm so excited to write Jupiter!!

lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
@Midwinter

Oh my! Sounds like we've got two new interesting characters joining the ranks!
@Midwinter

Oh my! Sounds like we've got two new interesting characters joining the ranks!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8