Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | (Pinkerlocke) Uncharted Territory
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[center] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/1#post_39707861]Contents[/url] [size = 7]Day 28: Memories[/size] [item = Wispy Foxtail] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=53125098&skin=0&apparel=369,12191&xt=dressing.png[/img] Kuiper woke up, late as usual, to the sound of Breeze and Ember whispering in excited and concerned voices. He strained his ears to pick up some of the conversation [b]"Are you not excited?"[/b] that was Breeze [b]"We'll... three... to look after, and they're..."[/b] Kuiper could only pick up bits of what she said and he felt his curiosity build up inside him [b]"Of course I'm excited"[/b] Ember said in what was almost a reassuring tone, the tundra wasn't very good at those so it was hard to tell [b]"It's just that, we're in the middle of a journey. How can we look after them?"[/b] Ember was just loud enough so that Kuiper could make out all of his words. [b]"Yes, I know It'll be... but we'll love... anyway,"[/b] Breeze responded with determination in her voice [b]"Yes, we will and we already do."[/b] Ember replied and that sounded like the end of it. Kuiper took a deep breath and stepped out of his den to find his friends seated beside three Arcane dragon eggs that hovered at about chest height. Kuiper gasped and the dragons turned to face him, he instantly wished he hadn't gone to investigate now [b]"So, um, you two uh, have eggs now?"[/b] he said, suddenly feeling hot with embarrassment under Ember's angry glare [b]"Yes,"[/b] Breeze replied in a calm tone, although her excitement leaked through into her voice [b]"We need to find a way to carry them though, I can probably fit one in my basket but the others, I'm not sure. Could we carry them in our talons? How far do we have to go?"[/b] Kuiper took the map from a pocket in his coat and unfolded it to check, they still had to find a way through the Starwood Strand which was notorious for being dangerous [b]"We can try,"[/b] Kuiper began, seeing no other option [b]"it's probably very risky though, have you heard the rumours about the Starwood Strand? They say among the trees are creatures warped by arcane magics that attack lone travellers, my friend Eris was terrified..." [/b] Kuiper trailed off as memories of his best friend returned. They had hatched a day apart; Eris was older and teased Kuiper for it all the time. Their mothers were friends, so they would meet up often and let the two hatchlings play together and they became friends from the start. They were ecstatic when they found out they had both been accepted to the same school and even more so when they both were accepted on the trip to the Observatory. Kuiper never found her body the day his classmates died, but he had found her lab coat in shreds at the edge of camp and assumed she had been carried off by whatever had attacked them. However, deep in Kuiper's mind, the irrational part that always came up with the least likely theories held a small glimmer of hope that she could still be alive. Kuiper was pulled out of his memories by a blue talon waving across his face and a worried look [b]"Kuiper, are you alright? You just sort of... froze. You didn't seem to hear me at all, what's wrong?" [/b] Breeze asked and Kuiper felt tears run down his face [b]"It's nothing, I was just... thinking,"[/b] Kuiper said, his voice not much more than a hoarse whisper [b]"What were you saying?" "Are you sure there's nothing I can do for-" "I'm sure, don't worry."[/b] Kuiper interrupted. He knew Breeze only meant well, but he didn't want to burden her with his problems, especially now she had eggs to worry about too. [b]"Alright then,"[/b] she said, clearly not convinced [b]"I asked if you knew a way around the Starwood Strand, perhaps that would be safer."[/b] Kuiper checked the map again, rubbing his eyes to clear the last tears from his snout [b]"Not that I can see, it's clearer over here though by these docks."[/b] Breeze frowned and looked at the map herself, Ember came and sat beside her. After a while, Breeze nodded and handed an egg to Ember and then to Kuiper [b]"I'm so sorry, you don't mind carrying one, do you?"[/b] Kuiper shook his head and held the egg under one arm. Once each of them had their egg held comfortably, they began the journey again only occasionally stopping to gather food or hunt until they finally reached the very edge of the Starwood strand. ------- I actually feel really bad for Kuiper. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/4#post_40098800]Next Day[/url]
Contents
Day 28: Memories

Wispy Foxtail

dragon?did=53125098&skin=0&apparel=369,12191&xt=dressing.png

Kuiper woke up, late as usual, to the sound of Breeze and Ember whispering in excited and concerned voices. He strained his ears to pick up some of the conversation "Are you not excited?" that was Breeze "We'll... three... to look after, and they're..." Kuiper could only pick up bits of what she said and he felt his curiosity build up inside him "Of course I'm excited" Ember said in what was almost a reassuring tone, the tundra wasn't very good at those so it was hard to tell "It's just that, we're in the middle of a journey. How can we look after them?" Ember was just loud enough so that Kuiper could make out all of his words. "Yes, I know It'll be... but we'll love... anyway," Breeze responded with determination in her voice "Yes, we will and we already do." Ember replied and that sounded like the end of it. Kuiper took a deep breath and stepped out of his den to find his friends seated beside three Arcane dragon eggs that hovered at about chest height. Kuiper gasped and the dragons turned to face him, he instantly wished he hadn't gone to investigate now "So, um, you two uh, have eggs now?" he said, suddenly feeling hot with embarrassment under Ember's angry glare "Yes," Breeze replied in a calm tone, although her excitement leaked through into her voice "We need to find a way to carry them though, I can probably fit one in my basket but the others, I'm not sure. Could we carry them in our talons? How far do we have to go?" Kuiper took the map from a pocket in his coat and unfolded it to check, they still had to find a way through the Starwood Strand which was notorious for being dangerous "We can try," Kuiper began, seeing no other option "it's probably very risky though, have you heard the rumours about the Starwood Strand? They say among the trees are creatures warped by arcane magics that attack lone travellers, my friend Eris was terrified..." Kuiper trailed off as memories of his best friend returned. They had hatched a day apart; Eris was older and teased Kuiper for it all the time. Their mothers were friends, so they would meet up often and let the two hatchlings play together and they became friends from the start. They were ecstatic when they found out they had both been accepted to the same school and even more so when they both were accepted on the trip to the Observatory. Kuiper never found her body the day his classmates died, but he had found her lab coat in shreds at the edge of camp and assumed she had been carried off by whatever had attacked them. However, deep in Kuiper's mind, the irrational part that always came up with the least likely theories held a small glimmer of hope that she could still be alive. Kuiper was pulled out of his memories by a blue talon waving across his face and a worried look "Kuiper, are you alright? You just sort of... froze. You didn't seem to hear me at all, what's wrong?" Breeze asked and Kuiper felt tears run down his face "It's nothing, I was just... thinking," Kuiper said, his voice not much more than a hoarse whisper "What were you saying?"
"Are you sure there's nothing I can do for-"
"I'm sure, don't worry."
Kuiper interrupted. He knew Breeze only meant well, but he didn't want to burden her with his problems, especially now she had eggs to worry about too. "Alright then," she said, clearly not convinced "I asked if you knew a way around the Starwood Strand, perhaps that would be safer." Kuiper checked the map again, rubbing his eyes to clear the last tears from his snout "Not that I can see, it's clearer over here though by these docks." Breeze frowned and looked at the map herself, Ember came and sat beside her. After a while, Breeze nodded and handed an egg to Ember and then to Kuiper "I'm so sorry, you don't mind carrying one, do you?" Kuiper shook his head and held the egg under one arm. Once each of them had their egg held comfortably, they began the journey again only occasionally stopping to gather food or hunt until they finally reached the very edge of the Starwood strand.

I actually feel really bad for Kuiper.

Next Day
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
[center] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/1#post_39707861]Contents[/url] [size = 7]Day 29: Battle [/size] [item = True Rainbow Trout] ---------- Rolled Boreal, Calcite and Enceladus Boreal and Calcite are now level 5 Enceladus is now level 6 [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/4#post_40183960]Next Day[/url]
Contents
Day 29: Battle

True Rainbow Trout

Rolled Boreal, Calcite and Enceladus
Boreal and Calcite are now level 5
Enceladus is now level 6

Next Day
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
[center] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/1#post_39707861]Contents[/url] [size = 7]Day 30: Hatching[/size] [item = Common Mosquito] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=53143001&skin=0&apparel=12896,13851,9450,29221&xt=dressing.png[/img] Shifting the egg to his other talon yet again, Ember scanned the forest beside the group. They had been lucky recently with few creatures attempting to attack them, but he wasn't taking any chances. He had hatchlings to protect now, [b][i]I will not let anything happen to them[/i][/b] he thought with a flash of fierce determination as he held the egg a little closer to his fur. He glanced over at Breeze and noticed she had taken her egg out of her basket and held it in her front talons too, she gave it an absent-minded stroke. After a while, Ember realised he too was stroking his egg and he gave a small smile as he imagined the perfect little hatchling inside. Suddenly, Kuiper gave a shout of alarm and Ember saw three phytocats leap out from the forest. He let out a warning growl and called Kuiper and Breeze over [b]"One of you protect the eggs,"[/b] he ordered quickly [b]"the phytocats will probably try to go for them, easy prey."[/b] Immediately, Breeze volunteered to stay with the nest [b]"My breath attacks and healing work from a distance so I can still protect them."[/b] she insisted. Kuiper and Ember placed the eggs they were carrying beside Breeze's and stood in front. Ember noticed Kuiper's crests quivering, but he felt a flash of pride for his friend as the mirror crouched into a battle stance. Ember did the same as the phytocats drew closer. He flashed one talon out at the attackers and caught it's muzzle, leaving a thin line of blood along it's face. The phytocat snarled and lunged towards him, dodging another one of his blows. A wave of pain came from Ember's side as he felt claws rake him, he whirled around and batted the creature away, landing another scratch and finally scaring it away. Ember took a moment to catch his breath and saw Kuiper fighting another phytocat, recently the Mirror had been improving his battle skills and was now a formidable opponent. Suddenly a yelp sounded from behind and Ember noticed the last creature attacking Breeze. He charged towards it, but a sickening crunch filled the air and he froze [b][i]no. No, no please no. Oh Flamecaller, no[/i][/b]. Rage built up inside him, he lashed out at the phytocat, slashing at it again and again until it lay in front of him and he couldn't bear to look at it. Silently, he placed one talon on Breeze's shoulder. She was crying, and Ember felt tears of his own flood down his face as they stared down at the broken form laying amongst shards of pink-purple egg, he barely had the strength to fight his emotions anymore. Suddenly, Breeze got up and began to dig, Ember soon joined her and Kuiper beside him after he had scared off the last enemy. They lay the hatchling inside the grave they dug and then quickly covered it to protect her from scavengers [b]"We should name her,"[/b] Breeze rasped [b]"it's only right."[/b] Ember nodded [b]"You choose, I haven't got any names planned."[/b] Breeze wiped away another tear that glistened on her scales [b]"How about Star? To remind us of our goal, and for the hope that she is playing amongst the stars as we speak."[/b] Breeze began to cry again, and Ember wrapped one wing around her quivering form [b]"It's perfect,"[/b] he whispered. [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=147&bodygene=10&breed=6&element=9&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=9&tertgene=13&winggene=21&wings=101&auth=a6c9d02396316af272bce63eca5beb53d1b10819&dummyext=prev.png[/img] A quiet tap came from behind them, Breeze must have heard it too as she shot up and turned to stare at the nest. Cracks appeared across one of the eggs [b]"They're hatching,"[/b] Breeze whispered [b]"I forgot it was today."[/b] Kuiper took a few steps back, clearly shocked and overwhelmed. Ember rushed over, closely followed by Breeze, and watched the hatchling fight her way out. Finally, the last fragments of the shell splintered away and a beautiful ash coloured tundra stared up at them. Ember and Breeze gave matching gasps as she waddled towards them. Breeze nudged Ember as the hatchling wandered towards him [b]"You can pick her name, she seems to like you best anyway,"[/b] she said, giving the two the biggest, yet most heartbroken smile Ember had ever seen [b]"What do you think about Tephra? Its the name for the debris flung out by a volcanic eruption."[/b] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=131&bodygene=10&breed=6&element=9&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=137&tertgene=13&winggene=21&wings=142&auth=73f94721dd87a099c011e3a5f15dd0d2972ec011&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Breeze ran her claws across Tephra's fuzzy head [b]I love it, its a good strong name for her, Windsinger knows she'll need-"[/b] another tap interrupted her, this time from the other egg as more cracks spread across the surface. Another furry head poked out, this time a striking blue colour that was much closer to Breeze's scales, followed by majestic tan wings as she broke through the shell. Ember gazed down at the other perfect little hatchling [b]"You can name her,"[/b] Ember told Breeze as the young tundra gazed up at them, she didn't seem as willing to walk as her sister [b]"I think Nettle, for her spiky fur,"[/b] Breeze replied, lifting her off the ground and into the warmth of her talons, placing her right beside her heart. [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=135&bodygene=10&breed=6&element=9&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=70&tertgene=13&winggene=21&wings=41&auth=bffd832096831de099acdaa61c3e04edfbe4e0fd&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [b][i]"Hi Nettle, hello Tephra,[/i][/b] Kuiper said as he came over to join the new family [b]"And Goodbye Star, may the Arcanist keep you safe in his care and protect these hatchlings from harm"[/b] Ember bowed his head out of respect, Breeze copied, then Kuiper. Each dragon both mourning what they had lost, but celebrating what they had gained. ------ Rolled Breeze, Ember and Kuiper Ember and Kuiper are now level 6 They hatched!! Unfortunately I flipped tails for Star, meaning she didn't survive. Once I saw the battle drop I knew instantly how I wanted it to happen. I'm not entirely sure if I like how I wrote this update, so I might edit this tommorrow [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/4#post_40201852] Next Day [/url]
Contents
Day 30: Hatching

Common Mosquito

dragon?did=53143001&skin=0&apparel=12896,13851,9450,29221&xt=dressing.png

Shifting the egg to his other talon yet again, Ember scanned the forest beside the group. They had been lucky recently with few creatures attempting to attack them, but he wasn't taking any chances. He had hatchlings to protect now, I will not let anything happen to them he thought with a flash of fierce determination as he held the egg a little closer to his fur. He glanced over at Breeze and noticed she had taken her egg out of her basket and held it in her front talons too, she gave it an absent-minded stroke. After a while, Ember realised he too was stroking his egg and he gave a small smile as he imagined the perfect little hatchling inside. Suddenly, Kuiper gave a shout of alarm and Ember saw three phytocats leap out from the forest. He let out a warning growl and called Kuiper and Breeze over "One of you protect the eggs," he ordered quickly "the phytocats will probably try to go for them, easy prey." Immediately, Breeze volunteered to stay with the nest "My breath attacks and healing work from a distance so I can still protect them." she insisted. Kuiper and Ember placed the eggs they were carrying beside Breeze's and stood in front. Ember noticed Kuiper's crests quivering, but he felt a flash of pride for his friend as the mirror crouched into a battle stance. Ember did the same as the phytocats drew closer. He flashed one talon out at the attackers and caught it's muzzle, leaving a thin line of blood along it's face. The phytocat snarled and lunged towards him, dodging another one of his blows. A wave of pain came from Ember's side as he felt claws rake him, he whirled around and batted the creature away, landing another scratch and finally scaring it away. Ember took a moment to catch his breath and saw Kuiper fighting another phytocat, recently the Mirror had been improving his battle skills and was now a formidable opponent. Suddenly a yelp sounded from behind and Ember noticed the last creature attacking Breeze. He charged towards it, but a sickening crunch filled the air and he froze no. No, no please no. Oh Flamecaller, no. Rage built up inside him, he lashed out at the phytocat, slashing at it again and again until it lay in front of him and he couldn't bear to look at it. Silently, he placed one talon on Breeze's shoulder. She was crying, and Ember felt tears of his own flood down his face as they stared down at the broken form laying amongst shards of pink-purple egg, he barely had the strength to fight his emotions anymore. Suddenly, Breeze got up and began to dig, Ember soon joined her and Kuiper beside him after he had scared off the last enemy. They lay the hatchling inside the grave they dug and then quickly covered it to protect her from scavengers "We should name her," Breeze rasped "it's only right." Ember nodded "You choose, I haven't got any names planned." Breeze wiped away another tear that glistened on her scales "How about Star? To remind us of our goal, and for the hope that she is playing amongst the stars as we speak." Breeze began to cry again, and Ember wrapped one wing around her quivering form "It's perfect," he whispered.
dragon?age=0&body=147&bodygene=10&breed=6&element=9&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=9&tertgene=13&winggene=21&wings=101&auth=a6c9d02396316af272bce63eca5beb53d1b10819&dummyext=prev.png
A quiet tap came from behind them, Breeze must have heard it too as she shot up and turned to stare at the nest. Cracks appeared across one of the eggs "They're hatching," Breeze whispered "I forgot it was today." Kuiper took a few steps back, clearly shocked and overwhelmed. Ember rushed over, closely followed by Breeze, and watched the hatchling fight her way out. Finally, the last fragments of the shell splintered away and a beautiful ash coloured tundra stared up at them. Ember and Breeze gave matching gasps as she waddled towards them. Breeze nudged Ember as the hatchling wandered towards him "You can pick her name, she seems to like you best anyway," she said, giving the two the biggest, yet most heartbroken smile Ember had ever seen "What do you think about Tephra? Its the name for the debris flung out by a volcanic eruption."
dragon?age=0&body=131&bodygene=10&breed=6&element=9&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=137&tertgene=13&winggene=21&wings=142&auth=73f94721dd87a099c011e3a5f15dd0d2972ec011&dummyext=prev.png
Breeze ran her claws across Tephra's fuzzy head I love it, its a good strong name for her, Windsinger knows she'll need-" another tap interrupted her, this time from the other egg as more cracks spread across the surface. Another furry head poked out, this time a striking blue colour that was much closer to Breeze's scales, followed by majestic tan wings as she broke through the shell. Ember gazed down at the other perfect little hatchling "You can name her," Ember told Breeze as the young tundra gazed up at them, she didn't seem as willing to walk as her sister "I think Nettle, for her spiky fur," Breeze replied, lifting her off the ground and into the warmth of her talons, placing her right beside her heart.
dragon?age=0&body=135&bodygene=10&breed=6&element=9&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=70&tertgene=13&winggene=21&wings=41&auth=bffd832096831de099acdaa61c3e04edfbe4e0fd&dummyext=prev.png
"Hi Nettle, hello Tephra, Kuiper said as he came over to join the new family "And Goodbye Star, may the Arcanist keep you safe in his care and protect these hatchlings from harm" Ember bowed his head out of respect, Breeze copied, then Kuiper. Each dragon both mourning what they had lost, but celebrating what they had gained.

Rolled Breeze, Ember and Kuiper
Ember and Kuiper are now level 6

They hatched!! Unfortunately I flipped tails for Star, meaning she didn't survive. Once I saw the battle drop I knew instantly how I wanted it to happen. I'm not entirely sure if I like how I wrote this update, so I might edit this tommorrow

Next Day
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
[center] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/1#post_39707861]Contents[/url] [size = 7]Day 31: Battle[/size] [item = Shalefin] ------- Rolled Enceladus, Kuiper and Boreal Boreal is now level 6 Kuiper and Enceladus are now level 7 [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/4#post_40209131]Next Day[/url]
Contents
Day 31: Battle

Shalefin
Rolled Enceladus, Kuiper and Boreal
Boreal is now level 6
Kuiper and Enceladus are now level 7

Next Day
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
[center] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/1#post_39707861]Contents[/url] [size = 7]Day 32: Art![/size] [item = Fossilized Leaf] [img]https://i.imgur.com/xXpDzCj.jpg[/img] -------- Enceladus!! I swear I'll give him another PoV soon. All that fur was a nightmare to draw and shade. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/4#post_40223303]Next Day[/url]
Contents
Day 32: Art!

Fossilized Leaf

xXpDzCj.jpg

Enceladus!! I swear I'll give him another PoV soon. All that fur was a nightmare to draw and shade.

Next Day
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
[center] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/1#post_39707861]Contents[/url] [size = 7]Day 33: Battle[/size] [item = centipede] -------- Rolled Breeze, Kuiper and Enceladus Breeze is now level 7 What is it with Pinkerton and always wanting me to battle? [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/4#post_40236071]Next Day[/url]
Contents
Day 33: Battle

Centipede

Rolled Breeze, Kuiper and Enceladus
Breeze is now level 7

What is it with Pinkerton and always wanting me to battle?

Next Day
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
[center] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/1#post_39707861]Contents[/url] [size = 7]Day 34: Vega[/size] [item = Proto Manticore] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=54231694&skin=0&apparel=30832,15133,17907,475,546&xt=dressing.png[/img] Vega wrapped himself around his favorite tree and began to write. This was how all his experiments usually ended, with him needing to recover and a new discovery to write about. After all, using his magic was really tiring, especially in the midday heat. [b]"Section 6: Offensive magics,"[/b] he mumbled to himself, flicking through his journal and dipping his quill in his ink pot [b]"Ah, here it is,"[/b] he began to write down the findings of today's research, humming to himself as he wrote and including diagrams beside his neat annotations and explanations. He had only managed a page before he felt his eyes grow heavy, he finished the last sentence and moved his book to one side so the ink could dry. He then lay his head on the grass and promptly fell asleep. Vega woke to the sound of talonsteps approaching, whoever it was didn't seem particularly stealthy though as they clearly weren't trying to hide their movements. Vega quickly closed his journal, reattached the leather strap he used to carry it and packed his writing equipment into the small compartment built into the strap. He flew up into the glowing leaves and kept watch for whoever was coming, hoping he had hidden himself well enough. The first thing Vega saw was the enormous antler like horns that rose above the foliage like a pair of periscopes scanning the area, he'd never seen anything like it on any creature before and he felt his heart beat a little faster than before. What came after the horns really terrified him, a huge dragon that almost looked like a Tundra but much scarier and with long, thick fur that rivaled even the notoriously fluffy dragons he knew. The almost-tundra had an unreadable expression, it seemed sort of angry, but also vaguely upset. Suddenly it took a deep breath and lifted it's matted head to the tree Vega was in [b]"You can come out now, I'm not planning to hurt any dragons,"[/b] he called and Vega realized he didn't sound as old as he looked. Vega stayed still, hoping the other dragon wasn't talking to him [b]"I'm talking to you dragon-in-the-tree, I'm know you're there and like I said before I don't intend to harm you."[/b] Vega had no choice, he slowly inched down the tree trunk and hovered over to the dragon [b]"Um, hello, I'm Vega. Yourself?"[/b] he said, feeling a knot form in his tail. The tundra-ish creature gave a skeptical look at Vega's tiny form [b]"Enceladus, are all you modern dragons so small?"[/b] Vega shot Enceladus a mock-offended look [b]"Not that there's anything wrong with that."[/b] he added in a hurry, shifting uncomfortably. Vega smiled [b]"I was just joking, don't worry. Oh and Imperials and Ridgebacks are massive compared to me, so not all of us are this small. What kind of dragon are you though? I've never seen anyone like you before."[/b] Enceladus got to his feet and began to walk, gesturing for Vega to follow which he did [b]"I am a Gaoler, one of the Icewarden's first children. To be specific I am a Seeker,"[/b] he said, a proud expression parading across his face [b]"That means I am attempting to rid the world of the Shade, you've heard of that right? Well my ancestors obviously didn't do a great job of containing it as it's disgusting scent is everywhere."[/b] he added, noticing Vega's confused expression. It took Vega a tremendous effort to catch up to Enceladus, he had much bigger legs than the Sprial so he walked much faster than Vega could fly [b][i]this is probably the most exercise I've had in a long time[/i][/b] he thought with a quiet laugh. However it apparently wasn't as quiet as Vega thought as Enceladus shot him a confused and curious look, Vega responded with a shrug and the Gaoler turned back to focus on his journey, leaving Vega to his thoughts once more. ------- Finally, a new male, I was concerned that I only had one avaliable male to breed and now I'm so glad to have some choice. I'm so happy I could involve Enceladus again too. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/4#post_40248843]Next Day[/url]
Contents
Day 34: Vega

Proto Manticore

dragon?did=54231694&skin=0&apparel=30832,15133,17907,475,546&xt=dressing.png

Vega wrapped himself around his favorite tree and began to write. This was how all his experiments usually ended, with him needing to recover and a new discovery to write about. After all, using his magic was really tiring, especially in the midday heat. "Section 6: Offensive magics," he mumbled to himself, flicking through his journal and dipping his quill in his ink pot "Ah, here it is," he began to write down the findings of today's research, humming to himself as he wrote and including diagrams beside his neat annotations and explanations. He had only managed a page before he felt his eyes grow heavy, he finished the last sentence and moved his book to one side so the ink could dry. He then lay his head on the grass and promptly fell asleep.

Vega woke to the sound of talonsteps approaching, whoever it was didn't seem particularly stealthy though as they clearly weren't trying to hide their movements. Vega quickly closed his journal, reattached the leather strap he used to carry it and packed his writing equipment into the small compartment built into the strap. He flew up into the glowing leaves and kept watch for whoever was coming, hoping he had hidden himself well enough. The first thing Vega saw was the enormous antler like horns that rose above the foliage like a pair of periscopes scanning the area, he'd never seen anything like it on any creature before and he felt his heart beat a little faster than before. What came after the horns really terrified him, a huge dragon that almost looked like a Tundra but much scarier and with long, thick fur that rivaled even the notoriously fluffy dragons he knew. The almost-tundra had an unreadable expression, it seemed sort of angry, but also vaguely upset. Suddenly it took a deep breath and lifted it's matted head to the tree Vega was in "You can come out now, I'm not planning to hurt any dragons," he called and Vega realized he didn't sound as old as he looked. Vega stayed still, hoping the other dragon wasn't talking to him "I'm talking to you dragon-in-the-tree, I'm know you're there and like I said before I don't intend to harm you." Vega had no choice, he slowly inched down the tree trunk and hovered over to the dragon "Um, hello, I'm Vega. Yourself?" he said, feeling a knot form in his tail. The tundra-ish creature gave a skeptical look at Vega's tiny form "Enceladus, are all you modern dragons so small?" Vega shot Enceladus a mock-offended look "Not that there's anything wrong with that." he added in a hurry, shifting uncomfortably. Vega smiled "I was just joking, don't worry. Oh and Imperials and Ridgebacks are massive compared to me, so not all of us are this small. What kind of dragon are you though? I've never seen anyone like you before." Enceladus got to his feet and began to walk, gesturing for Vega to follow which he did "I am a Gaoler, one of the Icewarden's first children. To be specific I am a Seeker," he said, a proud expression parading across his face "That means I am attempting to rid the world of the Shade, you've heard of that right? Well my ancestors obviously didn't do a great job of containing it as it's disgusting scent is everywhere." he added, noticing Vega's confused expression. It took Vega a tremendous effort to catch up to Enceladus, he had much bigger legs than the Sprial so he walked much faster than Vega could fly this is probably the most exercise I've had in a long time he thought with a quiet laugh. However it apparently wasn't as quiet as Vega thought as Enceladus shot him a confused and curious look, Vega responded with a shrug and the Gaoler turned back to focus on his journey, leaving Vega to his thoughts once more.

Finally, a new male, I was concerned that I only had one avaliable male to breed and now I'm so glad to have some choice. I'm so happy I could involve Enceladus again too.

Next Day
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
[center] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/1#post_39707861]Contents[/url] [size = 7]Day 35: Battle[/size] [item = Salted Game] -------- Rolled Breeze, Boreal and Ember Boreal and Ember are now level 7 [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/4#post_40262515]Next Day[/url]
Contents
Day 35: Battle

Salted Game

Rolled Breeze, Boreal and Ember

Boreal and Ember are now level 7

Next Day
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
[center] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/1#post_39707861]Contents[/url] [size = 7]Day 36: Encounters [/size] [item = Pretty Peach Neck Bow] (Revoked as Ember and Breeze aren't RTB and there are no other pairs) [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=53136060&skin=0&apparel=25027,27348&xt=dressing.png[/img] Breeze hadn't anticipated quite how much slower the group would be with hatchlings now in tow. They had been walking for three days and still hadn't reached the end of the Starwood Strand yet. Tephra and Nettle seemed to want to stop and look at everything they passed, which got them into many run-ins with creatures that didn't appreciate being tugged on. On many occasions Breeze and her friends had to save the young tundras from being attacked by all manner of things that lurked in the woods, but the sisters still didn't seem to understand that they could be harmed [b]"Hey Nettle!"[/b] Breeze's heart dropped at the words that usually signaled the pair would get into more trouble [b]"Look at that cool plant!"[/b] before they could dash off yet again, Ember blocked their path and took a swipe at the vine. The strangler slithered away, clearly upset with being mistaken for a vine by two lowly dragons [b]"Kids, no not again. Remember what I told you?Red-" "Red vine means it's not mine!"[/b] Nettle interrupted with a proud expression on her face [b]"I was going to say that too!"[/b] Tephra said, shoving her sister to one side [b]"I'm much more smarter than you are Nettle!"[/b] Kuiper flinched dramatically beside them and ruffled Tephra's head fur [b]"Oh by the eleven Tephra,"[/b] he began with mock flamboyance, making the sisters laugh [b]"You should know by now that more and an adjective with -er do not belong in the same sentence, for shame."[/b] Kuiper started to laugh too and even Ember had to cover his face with one talon to stop himself. Kuiper had taken it upon himself to help Breeze and Ember teach their hatchlings, Breeze thought it had been good for him as his usual nervousness seemed to almost vanish around them and the hatchlings loved him [b]"Fine then, I'm smarter than you Nettle!"[/b] Tephra yelled as she turned around to run [b]"No, you're not. I'm smarter!"[/b] she said as she chased after her sister. Breeze couldn't stop the grin spreading across her face as she jogged beside them. Just when Nettle had almost caught up, a large blue shape appeared from the bushes and Tephra crashed into its front leg. The strange dragon lowered his head until it was just above Tephra's and breathed in, Tephra froze in place and Breeze quickened her pace to reach them [b]"And who might you two be?"[/b] the dragon asked, tilting his head slightly [b]"Are you their mother?"[/b] he asked when Breeze finally caught up. She instinctively placed her front talons on her hatchlings' heads and looked up at the newcomer [b]"Yes, I am. Who, and what, are you? Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude."[/b] Breeze replied, feeling herself begin to shake too [b]"That's fine, I am Enceladus and I am a Gaoler. We are-" "We've heard it before, En, calm down"[/b] another voice sounded from the same foliage Enceladus had came from. A much smaller dragon, closer to Breeze's size, followed the Gaoler out and waved at the group [b]"I thought I told you, it's irritating when you call me that."[/b] the other dragon, a Spiral, ignored him and landed beside them [b]"Hi! I'm Vega and this is my friend En, although he's probably already introduced himself. He's very proud of his heritage in case you hadn't already realized," [/b] he laughed and Breeze began to feel much more at ease [b]"Oh, none of you have introduced yourselves yet. What are all your names?"[/b] Nettle moved around to stand in front of him and Tephra quickly followed [b]"I'm Nettle,"[/b] she told them [b]"This is my sister Tephra and my mother Breeze!"[/b] she pointed to each dragon in turn. Tephra shoved her again [b]"That's my father, Ember and Uncle Kuiper!"[/b] she finished, Breeze noticed Kuiper smile at her words out of the corner of her eye. Vega smiled, but it was Enceladus who spoke first [b]"How very lovely, can we get moving now Vega? I'm not going to find any Shade to destroy just standing around here."[/b] the Spiral shot Enceladus one of the most disproving glares Breeze had ever seen and she couldn't help but wonder how he wasn't scared of the huge Gaoler [b]"Oh calm down Enceladus,"[/b] he shouted [b]"all you ever talk about is your stupid species' 'mission', surely if there are as many Gaolers out there as you say then they're capable of carrying out this task on their own. Come on, you're allowed to live you know. The Shade won't destroy the world just because you made some friends."[/b] everyone fell silent, Tephra and Nettle hid behind Ember and buried themselves in his fur. Enceladus had his eyes closed and his head bowed, he stayed like that for a moment and Breeze thought he would start crying. He lifted his head, giving a small smile [b]"I- I suppose so,"[/b] he said [b]"I'm sorry Vega, and all of you."[/b] he added as he turned to face the other dragons [b]"Do- do you mind if we travel with you? For Vega's sake. You don't have to say yes,"[/b] he shuffled and looked down again, Breeze felt a stab of sympathy for him. Kuiper stepped forwards and, although Breeze could see him shaking, he lifted his head [b]"Sure, we'd love to have you both on our journey,"[/b] he said [b]"If that's alright with both of you."[/b] he added, looking back at Breeze and Ember. [b]"Of course."[/b] Ember and Breeze said at the same time, giving each other a loving smile. Nettle ran over to the group's new companions [b]"Yay! New friends!"[/b] she exclaimed, running in a circle around them and Breeze thought she saw Enceladus smile. ------ So Tephra and Nettle grew up today but I've decided to keep them as hatchlings in-lore for the moment, just because I don't really see them growing up a few days after they hatched. They will at some point grow up in the story though. Gosh I love Enceladus and Vega [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/4#post_40276500]Next Day[/url]
Contents
Day 36: Encounters

Pretty Peach Neck Bow
(Revoked as Ember and Breeze aren't RTB and there are no other pairs)

dragon?did=53136060&skin=0&apparel=25027,27348&xt=dressing.png

Breeze hadn't anticipated quite how much slower the group would be with hatchlings now in tow. They had been walking for three days and still hadn't reached the end of the Starwood Strand yet. Tephra and Nettle seemed to want to stop and look at everything they passed, which got them into many run-ins with creatures that didn't appreciate being tugged on. On many occasions Breeze and her friends had to save the young tundras from being attacked by all manner of things that lurked in the woods, but the sisters still didn't seem to understand that they could be harmed "Hey Nettle!" Breeze's heart dropped at the words that usually signaled the pair would get into more trouble "Look at that cool plant!" before they could dash off yet again, Ember blocked their path and took a swipe at the vine. The strangler slithered away, clearly upset with being mistaken for a vine by two lowly dragons "Kids, no not again. Remember what I told you?Red-"
"Red vine means it's not mine!"
Nettle interrupted with a proud expression on her face "I was going to say that too!" Tephra said, shoving her sister to one side "I'm much more smarter than you are Nettle!" Kuiper flinched dramatically beside them and ruffled Tephra's head fur "Oh by the eleven Tephra," he began with mock flamboyance, making the sisters laugh "You should know by now that more and an adjective with -er do not belong in the same sentence, for shame." Kuiper started to laugh too and even Ember had to cover his face with one talon to stop himself. Kuiper had taken it upon himself to help Breeze and Ember teach their hatchlings, Breeze thought it had been good for him as his usual nervousness seemed to almost vanish around them and the hatchlings loved him "Fine then, I'm smarter than you Nettle!" Tephra yelled as she turned around to run "No, you're not. I'm smarter!" she said as she chased after her sister. Breeze couldn't stop the grin spreading across her face as she jogged beside them. Just when Nettle had almost caught up, a large blue shape appeared from the bushes and Tephra crashed into its front leg. The strange dragon lowered his head until it was just above Tephra's and breathed in, Tephra froze in place and Breeze quickened her pace to reach them "And who might you two be?" the dragon asked, tilting his head slightly "Are you their mother?" he asked when Breeze finally caught up. She instinctively placed her front talons on her hatchlings' heads and looked up at the newcomer "Yes, I am. Who, and what, are you? Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude." Breeze replied, feeling herself begin to shake too "That's fine, I am Enceladus and I am a Gaoler. We are-"
"We've heard it before, En, calm down"
another voice sounded from the same foliage Enceladus had came from. A much smaller dragon, closer to Breeze's size, followed the Gaoler out and waved at the group "I thought I told you, it's irritating when you call me that." the other dragon, a Spiral, ignored him and landed beside them "Hi! I'm Vega and this is my friend En, although he's probably already introduced himself. He's very proud of his heritage in case you hadn't already realized," he laughed and Breeze began to feel much more at ease "Oh, none of you have introduced yourselves yet. What are all your names?" Nettle moved around to stand in front of him and Tephra quickly followed "I'm Nettle," she told them "This is my sister Tephra and my mother Breeze!" she pointed to each dragon in turn. Tephra shoved her again "That's my father, Ember and Uncle Kuiper!" she finished, Breeze noticed Kuiper smile at her words out of the corner of her eye. Vega smiled, but it was Enceladus who spoke first "How very lovely, can we get moving now Vega? I'm not going to find any Shade to destroy just standing around here." the Spiral shot Enceladus one of the most disproving glares Breeze had ever seen and she couldn't help but wonder how he wasn't scared of the huge Gaoler "Oh calm down Enceladus," he shouted "all you ever talk about is your stupid species' 'mission', surely if there are as many Gaolers out there as you say then they're capable of carrying out this task on their own. Come on, you're allowed to live you know. The Shade won't destroy the world just because you made some friends." everyone fell silent, Tephra and Nettle hid behind Ember and buried themselves in his fur. Enceladus had his eyes closed and his head bowed, he stayed like that for a moment and Breeze thought he would start crying. He lifted his head, giving a small smile "I- I suppose so," he said "I'm sorry Vega, and all of you." he added as he turned to face the other dragons "Do- do you mind if we travel with you? For Vega's sake. You don't have to say yes," he shuffled and looked down again, Breeze felt a stab of sympathy for him. Kuiper stepped forwards and, although Breeze could see him shaking, he lifted his head "Sure, we'd love to have you both on our journey," he said "If that's alright with both of you." he added, looking back at Breeze and Ember. "Of course." Ember and Breeze said at the same time, giving each other a loving smile. Nettle ran over to the group's new companions "Yay! New friends!" she exclaimed, running in a circle around them and Breeze thought she saw Enceladus smile.

So Tephra and Nettle grew up today but I've decided to keep them as hatchlings in-lore for the moment, just because I don't really see them growing up a few days after they hatched. They will at some point grow up in the story though.

Gosh I love Enceladus and Vega

Next Day
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
[center] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/1#post_39707861]Contents[/url] [size = 7]Day 37: Death Streak [/size] [item = Berserker] -------- Flipped Tails, so no death streak today!! I might write something later, but I've got a lot of school work to do so I might not have the time. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/5#post_40291672]Next Day[/url]
Contents
Day 37: Death Streak

Berserker

Flipped Tails, so no death streak today!! I might write something later, but I've got a lot of school work to do so I might not have the time.

Next Day
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8