Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | (Pinkerlocke) Uncharted Territory
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[center] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/1#post_39707861]Contents[/url] [size = 7]Day 38: Battle [/size] [item = Shell-Dwelling Cichlid] ------- Rolled Breeze, Boreal and Enceladus Breeze is now level 8 [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/5#post_40306798]Next Day[/url]
Contents
Day 38: Battle

Shell-Dwelling Cichlid

Rolled Breeze, Boreal and Enceladus
Breeze is now level 8

Next Day
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
[center] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/1#post_39707861]Contents[/url] [size = 7]Day 39: Opal [/size] [item = Poisonous Toridae] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=43&bodygene=19&breed=12&element=5&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=90&tertgene=0&winggene=12&wings=160&auth=823d75577bad47f1bed3e19e1c2fa03e6c03da95&dummyext=prev.png[/img] The hatchling pushed his way through the undergrowth, following the faint scent of fish that made his mouth water. He was barely a week old, but already he had to teach himself how to live in this strange new world. He had already attempted to eat the grass below his talons and weird creature with six thin legs that crawled over his claw one day, but neither satisfied his growing hunger. That was until he found a small basket laying abandoned in a clearing, inside was another creature, this one was dead and had no legs aside from a pair of thin wing like shapes laying flat against its side. It also had scales much like the ones along the hatchling's body and it tasted amazing, he finished it in several large bites with his tiny teeth and immediately fell asleep, finally satisfied. He had been searching for something with the same scent as the strange food since the moment he woke up hungry yet again. This was the first time he had smelled something remotely like it and he felt his stomach rumble again followed by another pang of hunger. He burst out of the bushes, his hunger finally getting the best of him and found two dragons talking in the clearing. One of them, the much larger one, was holding something that looked like the food he had found the day before. It didn't take long before one of the other dragons noticed him [b]"Are you alright? Where are your parents?"[/b] the smaller dragon asked, stretching one arm out for the hatchling to sniff [b]"you look hungry, want some fish? Coatls eat seafood, right Boreal?"[/b] she called back to her companion the larger dragon nodded and reached towards the pile of food they had, bringing something with her. The large dragons stopped and sniffed the air, after a while she began to move towards the hatchling again, dropping the food at his feet [b]"Here you go! Its a fish, a cichlid to be exact. There, you must be starving poor thing,"[/b] she patted him on the head as he quickly ate the fish [b]"did he say anything about his parents, Calcite? Does he have a name even?"[/b] she said, turning to the first dragon. The hatchling finished his meal and thought about what they had said [b][i]A name? What is that?[/i] "What is that?"[/b] the smaller dragon pulled him from his thoughts, she had the necklace around his neck in her claws and he pulled away [b]"Oh! I'm so sorry, I didn't hurt you did I?"[/b] she yanked her talon back and the larger dragon offered him another fish. He took it and fiddled with his necklace [b]"I no have name, and I'm okay,"[/b] he said in between bites [b]"This always here, you have not one?"[/b] he questioned, noticing neither of the other dragons had something like it [b]"Oh, you can speak!"[/b] the large dragon said, patting him again [b]"how about we name you? You don't know your parents do you?"[/b] he shook his head [b]"That ok, name sounds good!"[/b] the other two dragons whispered amongst themselves for a moment and the smaller one turned to face him [b]"how about Opal? Oh and my name is Calcite, and this is Boreal," [i]Opal[/i][/b] he thought with a giggle, he smiled and waddled forwards to Calcite and Boreal. Calcite gave him a hug and Boreal slipped him another fish, Opal had never felt happier. -------- Opal is stunning! I'm so glad he can be a part of the story! [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/5#post_40321481]Next Day[/url]
Contents
Day 39: Opal

Poisonous Toridae

dragon?age=0&body=43&bodygene=19&breed=12&element=5&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=90&tertgene=0&winggene=12&wings=160&auth=823d75577bad47f1bed3e19e1c2fa03e6c03da95&dummyext=prev.png

The hatchling pushed his way through the undergrowth, following the faint scent of fish that made his mouth water. He was barely a week old, but already he had to teach himself how to live in this strange new world. He had already attempted to eat the grass below his talons and weird creature with six thin legs that crawled over his claw one day, but neither satisfied his growing hunger. That was until he found a small basket laying abandoned in a clearing, inside was another creature, this one was dead and had no legs aside from a pair of thin wing like shapes laying flat against its side. It also had scales much like the ones along the hatchling's body and it tasted amazing, he finished it in several large bites with his tiny teeth and immediately fell asleep, finally satisfied. He had been searching for something with the same scent as the strange food since the moment he woke up hungry yet again. This was the first time he had smelled something remotely like it and he felt his stomach rumble again followed by another pang of hunger. He burst out of the bushes, his hunger finally getting the best of him and found two dragons talking in the clearing. One of them, the much larger one, was holding something that looked like the food he had found the day before. It didn't take long before one of the other dragons noticed him "Are you alright? Where are your parents?" the smaller dragon asked, stretching one arm out for the hatchling to sniff "you look hungry, want some fish? Coatls eat seafood, right Boreal?" she called back to her companion the larger dragon nodded and reached towards the pile of food they had, bringing something with her. The large dragons stopped and sniffed the air, after a while she began to move towards the hatchling again, dropping the food at his feet "Here you go! Its a fish, a cichlid to be exact. There, you must be starving poor thing," she patted him on the head as he quickly ate the fish "did he say anything about his parents, Calcite? Does he have a name even?" she said, turning to the first dragon. The hatchling finished his meal and thought about what they had said A name? What is that? "What is that?" the smaller dragon pulled him from his thoughts, she had the necklace around his neck in her claws and he pulled away "Oh! I'm so sorry, I didn't hurt you did I?" she yanked her talon back and the larger dragon offered him another fish. He took it and fiddled with his necklace "I no have name, and I'm okay," he said in between bites "This always here, you have not one?" he questioned, noticing neither of the other dragons had something like it "Oh, you can speak!" the large dragon said, patting him again "how about we name you? You don't know your parents do you?" he shook his head "That ok, name sounds good!" the other two dragons whispered amongst themselves for a moment and the smaller one turned to face him "how about Opal? Oh and my name is Calcite, and this is Boreal," Opal he thought with a giggle, he smiled and waddled forwards to Calcite and Boreal. Calcite gave him a hug and Boreal slipped him another fish, Opal had never felt happier.

Opal is stunning! I'm so glad he can be a part of the story!

Next Day
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
[center] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/1#post_39707861]Contents[/url] [size = 7]Day 40: Art! [/size] [item = Ancient Knife] [img]https://i.imgur.com/FykZKP6.jpg[/img] Calcite!! Honestly I thought an all white dragon would be really difficult to do with my markers, but apparently all I needed was shading. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/5#post_40331740]Next Day[/url]
Contents
Day 40: Art!

Ancient Knife

FykZKP6.jpg

Calcite!! Honestly I thought an all white dragon would be really difficult to do with my markers, but apparently all I needed was shading.

Next Day
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
[center] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/1#post_39707861]Contents[/url] [size = 7]Day 41: The Charge [/size] [item = Ice Crystal] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=53125098&skin=0&apparel=369,12191&xt=dressing.png[/img] Kuiper checked the map with a sigh and ran his talons along Tenera's feathers. They were days behind now that they had picked up two new dragons and had hatchlings to take care of. Although Tephra and Nettle seemed to grow bigger and stronger every day. Suddenly, Tenera let out a squawk as the two sisters barrelled into Kuiper, knocking him over [b]"Hey Uncle Kuiper,"[/b] Nettle said from somewhere on his back [b]"Look at that!"[/b] as Kuiper attempted to get up again, she jumped off and pointed to his left. A small camp set up beside the docks lay in front of them, it was filled with dragons of all breeds and colours and Kuiper immediately felt curiosity bubble up inside him. He called back to the others and they quickly joined him [b]"That wasn't on the map,"[/b] Breeze said [b]"I wonder what they're all doing down there, I think we have to go that way anyway, should we go find out?"[/b] Kuiper thought he heard Enceladus give a frustrated sigh before he set off behind Vega. The Gaoler didn't even seem to want to be with them and Kuiper wondered why he even bothered to stay, but Kuiper admired him for staying with his Spiral friend. Once the group got a bit closer to the camp, Kuiper noticed that almost all of the dragons had the light blue eyes that signified an Ice affiliation [b][i]Did something happen in the Southern Icefield?[/i][/b] he thought, noticing how tired and scared all the dragons looked. They approached even closer to the camp, still staying on the outskirts, and eventually passed it without so much as a glance. The dragons there all seemed too busy to notice the group make their way past, although a few of them stopped to stare at Enceladus but then quickly continued what they were doing once he shot them a disgruntled look. They had just reached the gap in the Starwood Strand when three dragons ran up to them from a clearing beside the camp. A blue Guardian reached them first, quickly followed by a Spiral holding a Coatl hatchling [b]"Hey, um, I'm so sorry but I think one of you is my Charge,"[/b] she said, not making eye contact with any of them. The Spiral put the Coatl down [b]"Shouldn't you at least introduce yourself first? I know Charges and stuff are important but still,"[/b] she said, then she turned to the others [b]"Hi! I'm Calcite and this is my best friend Boreal, oh and this is Opal,"[/b] she waved and went to pick Opal up again, however he had gone to play with Nettle and Tephra as soon as she put him down. Boreal sat down and looked embarrassed, Calcite had just noticed Enceladus [b]"Whoa, a Gaoler! I still can't believe your kind was just living in the Fortress of Ends and nobody knew, you're so cool!"[/b] Enceladus gave a shy smile and began to tell her about Gaoler history again, Vega rolled his eyes and hovered over to Boreal [b]"So, what’s this about a Charge? Do you know which one of us it is?"[/b] Boreal shook her head [b]"No, you're all too clumped together so I can't tell you apart,"[/b] she told him as he tilted his head to one side. Suddenly his ears shot up with understanding [b]"Oh, oh you're blind! Hold on, I'll ask them all to stand apart for a second,"[/b] he said as he drifted over to each dragon in turn. Ember gave Kuiper a confused look and he shrugged in reply. Once they all stood about the length of another dragon apart, Boreal went up the line and sniffed each dragon, eventually she stopped at the end and frowned [b]"huh... none of you smell right, is that all of you?"[/b] she asked [b]"But-but I was so sure it was one of you, when you came along I felt a kind of instinct and I thought-"[/b] she cut off and sniffed the air once more, Kuiper wanted to ask this strange dragon so many questions, but he held them back. After what seemed like forever she turned around to face Calcite and Opal [b]"Calcite,"[/b] she said, sounding shocked [b]"I-I think you're my Charge,"[/b] Calcite's eyes widened and she gasped [b]"This is very nice and all,"[/b] Ember began [b]"but we kind of need to get somewhere, may we get going?"[/b] Kuiper could tell he didn't mean it as a question. Just as he started to walk away, Nettle tugged on his leg [b]"Aww but we want to keep playing with Opal,"[/b] she cried [b]"can't they come with us too?"[/b] she asked. Breeze caught up and lay one talon on her head [b]"Oh Nettle, they might not want to come with us, they probably have somewhere to be-" "Actually, we don't have anywhere now we had to leave the camp, if-if you don't mind we'd love to come with you. Don't feel obliged though, we can find somewhere else no problem,"[/b] Boreal said, she started to look like she wished she had never said anything. Kuiper prepared his reply in his head, but surprisingly it was Ember that spoke first [b]"Sure, why not? It'd be helpful to have some extra protection on the journey. Kuiper has a map, he's the black mirror and he'll show you where we're going,"[/b] Kuiper flinched as both new dragons turned to face him, he fumbled with the map as he unfurled it and pointed to the area they had marked. Calcite looked over and nodded, then she turned to Boreal and started to describe it to her. Kuiper listened to her observations and he thought back to when Eris used to explain the books she had read, the next day Kuiper would always rush down to the library and pick out the book to read it for himself [b][i]oh Eris,[/i][/b] he thought, fighting back tears [b][i]I'm so sorry.[/i][/b] -------- Just when you thought you'd avoided the Kuiper angst and Kuiper could finally be happy, unfortunately he's far too scarred for that. Oh and I forgot to mention that Uncharted Territory has been going for over a month now! [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/5#post_40346023]Next Day[/url]
Contents
Day 41: The Charge

Ice Crystal

dragon?did=53125098&skin=0&apparel=369,12191&xt=dressing.png

Kuiper checked the map with a sigh and ran his talons along Tenera's feathers. They were days behind now that they had picked up two new dragons and had hatchlings to take care of. Although Tephra and Nettle seemed to grow bigger and stronger every day. Suddenly, Tenera let out a squawk as the two sisters barrelled into Kuiper, knocking him over "Hey Uncle Kuiper," Nettle said from somewhere on his back "Look at that!" as Kuiper attempted to get up again, she jumped off and pointed to his left. A small camp set up beside the docks lay in front of them, it was filled with dragons of all breeds and colours and Kuiper immediately felt curiosity bubble up inside him. He called back to the others and they quickly joined him "That wasn't on the map," Breeze said "I wonder what they're all doing down there, I think we have to go that way anyway, should we go find out?" Kuiper thought he heard Enceladus give a frustrated sigh before he set off behind Vega. The Gaoler didn't even seem to want to be with them and Kuiper wondered why he even bothered to stay, but Kuiper admired him for staying with his Spiral friend. Once the group got a bit closer to the camp, Kuiper noticed that almost all of the dragons had the light blue eyes that signified an Ice affiliation Did something happen in the Southern Icefield? he thought, noticing how tired and scared all the dragons looked. They approached even closer to the camp, still staying on the outskirts, and eventually passed it without so much as a glance. The dragons there all seemed too busy to notice the group make their way past, although a few of them stopped to stare at Enceladus but then quickly continued what they were doing once he shot them a disgruntled look. They had just reached the gap in the Starwood Strand when three dragons ran up to them from a clearing beside the camp. A blue Guardian reached them first, quickly followed by a Spiral holding a Coatl hatchling "Hey, um, I'm so sorry but I think one of you is my Charge," she said, not making eye contact with any of them. The Spiral put the Coatl down "Shouldn't you at least introduce yourself first? I know Charges and stuff are important but still," she said, then she turned to the others "Hi! I'm Calcite and this is my best friend Boreal, oh and this is Opal," she waved and went to pick Opal up again, however he had gone to play with Nettle and Tephra as soon as she put him down. Boreal sat down and looked embarrassed, Calcite had just noticed Enceladus "Whoa, a Gaoler! I still can't believe your kind was just living in the Fortress of Ends and nobody knew, you're so cool!" Enceladus gave a shy smile and began to tell her about Gaoler history again, Vega rolled his eyes and hovered over to Boreal "So, what’s this about a Charge? Do you know which one of us it is?" Boreal shook her head "No, you're all too clumped together so I can't tell you apart," she told him as he tilted his head to one side. Suddenly his ears shot up with understanding "Oh, oh you're blind! Hold on, I'll ask them all to stand apart for a second," he said as he drifted over to each dragon in turn. Ember gave Kuiper a confused look and he shrugged in reply. Once they all stood about the length of another dragon apart, Boreal went up the line and sniffed each dragon, eventually she stopped at the end and frowned "huh... none of you smell right, is that all of you?" she asked "But-but I was so sure it was one of you, when you came along I felt a kind of instinct and I thought-" she cut off and sniffed the air once more, Kuiper wanted to ask this strange dragon so many questions, but he held them back. After what seemed like forever she turned around to face Calcite and Opal "Calcite," she said, sounding shocked "I-I think you're my Charge," Calcite's eyes widened and she gasped "This is very nice and all," Ember began "but we kind of need to get somewhere, may we get going?" Kuiper could tell he didn't mean it as a question. Just as he started to walk away, Nettle tugged on his leg "Aww but we want to keep playing with Opal," she cried "can't they come with us too?" she asked. Breeze caught up and lay one talon on her head "Oh Nettle, they might not want to come with us, they probably have somewhere to be-"
"Actually, we don't have anywhere now we had to leave the camp, if-if you don't mind we'd love to come with you. Don't feel obliged though, we can find somewhere else no problem,"
Boreal said, she started to look like she wished she had never said anything. Kuiper prepared his reply in his head, but surprisingly it was Ember that spoke first "Sure, why not? It'd be helpful to have some extra protection on the journey. Kuiper has a map, he's the black mirror and he'll show you where we're going," Kuiper flinched as both new dragons turned to face him, he fumbled with the map as he unfurled it and pointed to the area they had marked. Calcite looked over and nodded, then she turned to Boreal and started to describe it to her. Kuiper listened to her observations and he thought back to when Eris used to explain the books she had read, the next day Kuiper would always rush down to the library and pick out the book to read it for himself oh Eris, he thought, fighting back tears I'm so sorry.

Just when you thought you'd avoided the Kuiper angst and Kuiper could finally be happy, unfortunately he's far too scarred for that.

Oh and I forgot to mention that Uncharted Territory has been going for over a month now!

Next Day
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
@Midwinter

Oh my goodness, I just read through your pinkerlocke and I can't believe that I only just found out that you're doing one??? I love all of the characterization and the relationships, it's all so much fun!!! I also can't wait to see where this goes, could I be added to the pinglist?

Oh! Also! It made me so so so so so so so so so so so so so so happy that their theme songs were SAL Enneagram songs??? Like SAL is my favourite and I love all his music but his enneagram songs are so so special! If you don't mind me asking, what's your enneagram?
@Midwinter

Oh my goodness, I just read through your pinkerlocke and I can't believe that I only just found out that you're doing one??? I love all of the characterization and the relationships, it's all so much fun!!! I also can't wait to see where this goes, could I be added to the pinglist?

Oh! Also! It made me so so so so so so so so so so so so so so happy that their theme songs were SAL Enneagram songs??? Like SAL is my favourite and I love all his music but his enneagram songs are so so special! If you don't mind me asking, what's your enneagram?
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall Sure! I just added you. Thank you so much! This is actually my first one so I was a little bit scared to start it, however now I'm really into it I'm starting to have so much fun writing it! I love SAL! The Enneagram songs are some of my favourites (after we spoke on PM and you said eight was one of your favourite songs I went to go check out the Enneagram songs and they're actually so good). I'm not too sure which one I am, I think I am a 5w6 (after doing some research I found out about wings too and I'm so confused[emoji=pearlcatcher laughing size=1]) but I do exhibit a few 9 and 2 traits too. How about you?
@Petall

Sure! I just added you. Thank you so much! This is actually my first one so I was a little bit scared to start it, however now I'm really into it I'm starting to have so much fun writing it!

I love SAL! The Enneagram songs are some of my favourites (after we spoke on PM and you said eight was one of your favourite songs I went to go check out the Enneagram songs and they're actually so good). I'm not too sure which one I am, I think I am a 5w6 (after doing some research I found out about wings too and I'm so confused) but I do exhibit a few 9 and 2 traits too. How about you?
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
[center] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/1#post_39707861]Contents[/url] [size = 7]Day 42: Battle [/size] [item = Cindershroom] --------- @Petall --------- Rolled Breeze, Enceladus and Nettle. I was so scared for Nettle Nettle is now level 3 and luckly did not die!! Oh and did you want to be pinged for battle days? I don't usually write for them, I will still ping you if I decide to write though. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/5#post_40356921]Next Day[/url]
Contents
Day 42: Battle

Cindershroom

@Petall
Rolled Breeze, Enceladus and Nettle. I was so scared for Nettle
Nettle is now level 3 and luckly did not die!!

Oh and did you want to be pinged for battle days? I don't usually write for them, I will still ping you if I decide to write though.

Next Day
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
@Midwinter

They are pretty fun, aren't they?

I love the enneagram songs so much! They all have such a comforting feel to them, in different ways! And that's really cool! 5s are great, I have a friend who is a 5! And yeah, wings can be confusing until you figure them out. I'm a 6w7! And 6s have 2 aspects to them, they are either phobic, which means they are driven to avoid fear, or counterphobic, which means they are driven to face fear, and I think I fit in the counterphobic category! But yeah, I also relate to aspects of 9 (I've actually been going through some stuff this summer that reminds me of the 9 struggle) and aspects of the 3!

And I'd love to be pinged for all days, but I might only comment on writing days!
@Midwinter

They are pretty fun, aren't they?

I love the enneagram songs so much! They all have such a comforting feel to them, in different ways! And that's really cool! 5s are great, I have a friend who is a 5! And yeah, wings can be confusing until you figure them out. I'm a 6w7! And 6s have 2 aspects to them, they are either phobic, which means they are driven to avoid fear, or counterphobic, which means they are driven to face fear, and I think I fit in the counterphobic category! But yeah, I also relate to aspects of 9 (I've actually been going through some stuff this summer that reminds me of the 9 struggle) and aspects of the 3!

And I'd love to be pinged for all days, but I might only comment on writing days!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
[center] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/1#post_39707861]Contents[/url] [size = 7]Day 43: Battle [/size] [item = Blacktongue Pepper] --------- @Petall --------- Rolled Boreal, Enceladus and Tephra Tephra is now level 3 and Enceladus is now level 8. Tephra's turn today apparently, again I was so scared but she handled it well and luckly didn't die! Oh and Opal grew up today, but in lore he'll still be a hatchling like how I've been writing Nettle and Tephra for a bit. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/5#post_40371617]Next Day[/url]
Contents
Day 43: Battle

Blacktongue Pepper

@Petall
Rolled Boreal, Enceladus and Tephra
Tephra is now level 3 and Enceladus is now level 8.

Tephra's turn today apparently, again I was so scared but she handled it well and luckly didn't die! Oh and Opal grew up today, but in lore he'll still be a hatchling like how I've been writing Nettle and Tephra for a bit.

Next Day
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
[center] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/1#post_39707861]Contents[/url] [size = 7]Day 44: Flameforger's Festival [/size] [item = Skipping stone] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=54231694&skin=0&apparel=30832,15133,17907,475,546&xt=dressing.png[/img] Vega hovered above Enceladus, and playfully wrapped his tail over his horns. The Gaoler didn't speak to him, but he didn't move Vega and that was enough to reassure the Spiral that he wasn't angry with him. Vega knew why his friend was upset, the pair had been joined by lots of dragons since they met and Enceladus didn't appreciate that, Vega wasn't sure why he didn't want to travel in a group and it puzzled him even more why Enceladus kept him around even though it was obvious he wanted to travel alone. Vega lowered himself further so he was perched on Enceladus' head and leaned down to see his face [b]"are you alright, En?"[/b] he asked making the Gaoler jump [b]"you aren't talking to anyone, are you upset about something?"[/b] Enceladus lifted his head and Vega nearly fell off [b]"I'm fine,"[/b] he said in the most monotone voice a dragon could speak with without being a fae [b]"I don't understand why you think something is wrong,"[/b] Vega realized that he wouldn't be able to make him talk any further and he disentangled himself to fly down to the others. As he flew up to them, Tephra noticed him and gestured for him to join her [b]"Look over there,"[/b] she said once he reached her [b]"there's a market that Father says is decorated for the Flameforger's Festival, we're going to go and look, do you want to come?"[/b] she asked. The two sisters had grown since their long journey and they were now almost taller than Vega, they were quickly growing into their full grown size. Vega called Enceladus over [b]"Sure Tephra! I haven't celebrated a festival in a while, my mentor didn't really enjoy them and he took it apon himself to make sure I wasn't allowed to go to one, did your parents tell you about the festival?"[/b] he said. Tephra tilted her head [b]"Mentor?"[/b] she asked and Vega realized he had gone on another tangent [b]"Yep, in my old clan they focused heavily on magic and gave any hatchling with promising magic a mentor to teach them, I didn't dislike mine but he wasn't exactly fun,"[/b] he explained with a laugh, Tephra smiled back and gestured for him to follow before running off towards her parents. He followed after her and noticed Enceladus following him too [b][i]good,[/i][/b] he thought [b][i]maybe he'll have some fun at a festival.[/i][/b] Once they reached the group beside the market, Vega noticed the other Spiral [b][i]Calcite wasn't it?[/i][/b] digging through her pockets and in her bag. Then he remembered that you didn't use regular currency during a festival, but a special kind that was specific to each flight. Calcite pulled out a few talonfuls of fiery looking rocks and handed a couple to each dragon [b]"You'll need these at the market,"[/b] she explained as she handed them out [b]"I kept a few from last Flameforger's, don't worry though, I can go find more later,"[/b] when she had finished, each dragon held twenty Glowing Embers. Breeze pulled aside her hatchlings [b]"alright you two,"[/b] Vega overheard [b]"we think that you're old enough now to explore on your own, just be careful though. If you need me or Ember we'll be somewhere in the market, have fun!"[/b] Vega heard Calcite and Boreal telling Opal a similar thing and the three younger dragons set off together. Vega looked up at Enceladus [b]"so, do you want to go explore?"[/b] the Gaoler looked down at him for a minute, clearly considering the question [b]"Alright then Vega, why not?"[/b] he said with a ghost of a smile crossing his face, Vega felt himself grin as he set off towards the festivities. By the time the dragons regrouped, it was almost sunset. Tephra, Nettle and Opal had clearly been to the apparel stalls as they came back wearing new outfits [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=54337697&skin=0&apparel=21223,1550,12918&xt=dressing.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=54337699&skin=0&apparel=21215,3685,2465&xt=dressing.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=54537527&skin=0&apparel=21837,10387,23121,23740,23735,21295,21303&xt=dressing.png[/img] [b] "Look mummy! I bought some flowers and made this,"[/b] Nettle squealed as she held up her front talon [b]"I did exactly as you said and it stayed together this time!"[/b] on the blue tundra's talon was a beautifully weaved marigold corsage, much like the crown Ember always wore behind his ear [b]"that's wonderful dear, did you and your sister get matching lace headpieces too?"[/b] she replied, running her talons along her daughter's head fur [b]"Yeah! Opal also bought laces for his wings and tail, they were selling them cheap as they weren't specially made for the festival,"[/b] Nettle explained to her mother, Vega lost interest in the rest of what she was saying and turned to face Enceladus [b]"so, En, did you enjoy the festival?"[/b] he asked his friend, the two had stayed together most of the time and Vega had noticed Enceladus smiling, maybe even enjoying the celebration as they visited market stalls, watched a fire breathing show and saw the glasswork exhibition. Enceladus nodded and Vega felt a knot he didn't even know was there untangle [b][i]so he is capable of having fun,[/i][/b] he thought as he watched the Gaoler go and talk to Ember [b][i]now I just have to show him that he's allowed to enjoy himself more often.[/i][/b] --------- @Petall --------- Happy Flameforger's!! I love the apparel and skins this year. The Joxar recolour is amazing, I actually need like 50 of them. The festival was also the perfect excuse to explain how Nettle, Tephra and Opal got their apparel as I had no idea how to handle that. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/6#post_40385889]Next Day[/url]
Contents
Day 44: Flameforger's Festival

Skipping Stone

dragon?did=54231694&skin=0&apparel=30832,15133,17907,475,546&xt=dressing.png

Vega hovered above Enceladus, and playfully wrapped his tail over his horns. The Gaoler didn't speak to him, but he didn't move Vega and that was enough to reassure the Spiral that he wasn't angry with him. Vega knew why his friend was upset, the pair had been joined by lots of dragons since they met and Enceladus didn't appreciate that, Vega wasn't sure why he didn't want to travel in a group and it puzzled him even more why Enceladus kept him around even though it was obvious he wanted to travel alone. Vega lowered himself further so he was perched on Enceladus' head and leaned down to see his face "are you alright, En?" he asked making the Gaoler jump "you aren't talking to anyone, are you upset about something?" Enceladus lifted his head and Vega nearly fell off "I'm fine," he said in the most monotone voice a dragon could speak with without being a fae "I don't understand why you think something is wrong," Vega realized that he wouldn't be able to make him talk any further and he disentangled himself to fly down to the others. As he flew up to them, Tephra noticed him and gestured for him to join her "Look over there," she said once he reached her "there's a market that Father says is decorated for the Flameforger's Festival, we're going to go and look, do you want to come?" she asked. The two sisters had grown since their long journey and they were now almost taller than Vega, they were quickly growing into their full grown size. Vega called Enceladus over "Sure Tephra! I haven't celebrated a festival in a while, my mentor didn't really enjoy them and he took it apon himself to make sure I wasn't allowed to go to one, did your parents tell you about the festival?" he said. Tephra tilted her head "Mentor?" she asked and Vega realized he had gone on another tangent "Yep, in my old clan they focused heavily on magic and gave any hatchling with promising magic a mentor to teach them, I didn't dislike mine but he wasn't exactly fun," he explained with a laugh, Tephra smiled back and gestured for him to follow before running off towards her parents. He followed after her and noticed Enceladus following him too good, he thought maybe he'll have some fun at a festival. Once they reached the group beside the market, Vega noticed the other Spiral Calcite wasn't it? digging through her pockets and in her bag. Then he remembered that you didn't use regular currency during a festival, but a special kind that was specific to each flight. Calcite pulled out a few talonfuls of fiery looking rocks and handed a couple to each dragon "You'll need these at the market," she explained as she handed them out "I kept a few from last Flameforger's, don't worry though, I can go find more later," when she had finished, each dragon held twenty Glowing Embers. Breeze pulled aside her hatchlings "alright you two," Vega overheard "we think that you're old enough now to explore on your own, just be careful though. If you need me or Ember we'll be somewhere in the market, have fun!" Vega heard Calcite and Boreal telling Opal a similar thing and the three younger dragons set off together. Vega looked up at Enceladus "so, do you want to go explore?" the Gaoler looked down at him for a minute, clearly considering the question "Alright then Vega, why not?" he said with a ghost of a smile crossing his face, Vega felt himself grin as he set off towards the festivities.

By the time the dragons regrouped, it was almost sunset. Tephra, Nettle and Opal had clearly been to the apparel stalls as they came back wearing new outfits
dragon?did=54337697&skin=0&apparel=21223,1550,12918&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=54337699&skin=0&apparel=21215,3685,2465&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=54537527&skin=0&apparel=21837,10387,23121,23740,23735,21295,21303&xt=dressing.png

"Look mummy! I bought some flowers and made this,"
Nettle squealed as she held up her front talon "I did exactly as you said and it stayed together this time!" on the blue tundra's talon was a beautifully weaved marigold corsage, much like the crown Ember always wore behind his ear "that's wonderful dear, did you and your sister get matching lace headpieces too?" she replied, running her talons along her daughter's head fur "Yeah! Opal also bought laces for his wings and tail, they were selling them cheap as they weren't specially made for the festival," Nettle explained to her mother, Vega lost interest in the rest of what she was saying and turned to face Enceladus "so, En, did you enjoy the festival?" he asked his friend, the two had stayed together most of the time and Vega had noticed Enceladus smiling, maybe even enjoying the celebration as they visited market stalls, watched a fire breathing show and saw the glasswork exhibition. Enceladus nodded and Vega felt a knot he didn't even know was there untangle so he is capable of having fun, he thought as he watched the Gaoler go and talk to Ember now I just have to show him that he's allowed to enjoy himself more often.
@Petall

Happy Flameforger's!! I love the apparel and skins this year. The Joxar recolour is amazing, I actually need like 50 of them.

The festival was also the perfect excuse to explain how Nettle, Tephra and Opal got their apparel as I had no idea how to handle that.

Next Day
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8