Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | (Pinkerlocke) Uncharted Territory
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[center] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/1#post_39707861]Contents[/url] [size = 7]Day 8: Art![/size] [item = Stuffed Alstroemeria Fox] [img]https://i.imgur.com/GKAPANN.jpg[/img] Are you happy now Pink? Can I move on with the story? [url = http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/2#post_39823824] Next day [/url]
Contents
Day 8: Art!

Stuffed Alstroemeria Fox

GKAPANN.jpg

Are you happy now Pink? Can I move on with the story?

Next day
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
[center] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/1#post_39707861]Contents[/url] [size = 7] Day 9: Onwards[/size] [item = Iron Wrench] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=53143001&skin=0&apparel=12896,13851&xt=dressing.png[/img] A peaceful sound drifted into the lantern-lit cave, wind chimes dancing on the strong breeze of wind territory. Ember covered his ears in protest and he heard a muffled gasp from somewhere beside him. Opening his eyes, he saw familiar blue scales [b]"Ember, you're okay!"[/b] Breeze gasped, going in for a hug, normally he would have pushed her away but this time he welcomed it [b]"Of course I am, why wouldn't I be?"[/b] then it all came back to him, his leg, the fight, the other dragon presumably sitting outside. Breeze shook her head [b]"Tundra memory huh? I'll get Kuiper to tell you about it when you can walk again. Wait no don't try now!"[/b] she lunged forwards to push him back down as he attempted to get up [b]"They're still healing your leg, it won't work if you strain it!"[/b] Ember was suddenly aware of another dragon sorting some plants further away. The dragon reminded him of Breeze, just older and darker coloured with different patterns running across her scales [b]"Who is that? Where are we?"[/b] Breeze giggled softly at his confusion [b]"Thats my mother, Zephyr and this is my birth clan. We specialize in healing, of course there are guards and fighters too but even they know basic healing. After you collapsed we carried you here, all that fur really makes you heavier doesn't it?"[/b] The other dragon, Zephyr, walked back over to him and tied two flat sticks to his leg with a strong rope like material [b]"Azure yuccarope"[/b] she told Breeze [b]"It's very strong so we use it for broken legs. These bits of wood keep the bone in the right place so it can heal properly"[/b] Breeze gave an interested nod and Zephyr turned back to what she was doing. When she had finished tying the rope around his leg, he looked down at it [b][i]Its in the right place again[/i][/b] he thought with a small smile [b][i]Maybe It will heal and I can use it again[/i][/b] Ember tried to get up again, this time Breeze helped him and he managed to get to his feet. Zephyr examined his leg and muttered something to herself, she then placed one talon on Breeze's shoulder [b]"He can go outside now, make sure he puts that leg down though"[/b] Breeze replied with an excited nod and within seconds they were outside. From across the clearing, Ember spotted Kuiper talking with another dragon wearing a lab coat, the dragon beside him had startling pink eyes and he handed the mirror a map. With a friendly wave he left and Kuiper scanned the clearing, his eyes resting on Ember. He bounded over and sat down beside them [b]"You're awake!"[/b] he said with a similar gasp to Breeze's earlier one [b]"And you're walking on all four legs! Does it hurt? What did they do to it? Can I-"[/b] [b]"Alright, alright calm down. Whats gotten you so excited?"[/b] Ember cut him off [b][i]Sweet Flamecaller his questions are annoying[/i][/b] he thought, his brain involuntarily adding [b][i]What does Breeze see in him[/i][/b]. It was easy to see that Breeze loved the timid mirror, she practically never left his side. Ember was surprized she'd even gone to see him rather than sticking with Kuiper, she probably just wanted to learn what to do Breeze was an amazing healer after all. Kuiper thrust the map under his nose, startling Ember out of his thoughts [b]"I was speaking to another scientist before you came,"[/b] he began [b]"He was from the Starfall Isles, Arcane territory, and he gave me this map to get there! Now we have all our stuff, including you, we can get going. You do remember agreeing to come right? If you don't and you want to change your mind thats fine too."[/b] Ember thought it over, of course he remembered, his memory wasn't that bad and he was tired of dragons thinking that [b]"Of course I remember. Look, I need to tell you both something I've only told a few dragons before,"[/b] Ember readied himself, [b][i]here goes[/i][/b] but it was Kuiper that replied [b]"You have that thing! You know the genetic condition that only Tundra's get, the one that improves their memory!"[/b] Ember was puzzled, dragons knew about this? Wasn't it undescovered and rare? He stared down at his paws [b]"Yes, the Icewarden's Blessing, how did you know?" "You never showed any signs of forgetting anything except how you got your injury, and it was obvious you were lying. Even a Tundra would remember something like that. Why are you so upset about this? Its a scientific wonder, a miracle!"[/b] Ember looked up, he couldn't control the sadness spilling into his eyes or his words at this point [b]"In fire clans its a sign of disloyalty to the Flamecaller. With a name like Icewarden's Blessing how could it be anything different? I kept it secret, only my parents and my mentor knew about it. You aren't really allowed to join the warrior ranks with any weaknesses like mine but my mentor made an exception, she found out and never told the clan leader so he'd let me train. I trained extra hard to make up for my curse, but I failed my assesment anyway. I ran away and got attacked by a hydra, then Breeze found me." [/b] he trailed off, and met the sympathetic looks of his friends [b]"Sorry, you didn't want to know my life story did you. I-if you'd take me, I'd still like to come with you-" "Of course we'll have you, blessing and all"[/b] replied Breeze and Ember's heart skipped a beat. Kuiper nodded in agreement, [b]"We're friends remember?"[/b] Ember smiled at them both [b]"Of course we are, which means we're a group. Arcane territory, here we come!"[/b] ----- Backstory unlocked. The Icewarden's blessing is something that features in another of my Tundra's lore. Its defenitely not just something to use instead of memory loss because I can't write that properly, no way. Yep, Ember lived! The battles went smoothly, now Breeze, Kuiper and Ember are all level 3! Sorry for the cliche, soppy ending. I couldn't help myself. [url = http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/2#post_39837238] Next day [/url]
Contents
Day 9: Onwards

Iron Wrench

dragon?did=53143001&skin=0&apparel=12896,13851&xt=dressing.png

A peaceful sound drifted into the lantern-lit cave, wind chimes dancing on the strong breeze of wind territory. Ember covered his ears in protest and he heard a muffled gasp from somewhere beside him. Opening his eyes, he saw familiar blue scales "Ember, you're okay!" Breeze gasped, going in for a hug, normally he would have pushed her away but this time he welcomed it "Of course I am, why wouldn't I be?" then it all came back to him, his leg, the fight, the other dragon presumably sitting outside. Breeze shook her head "Tundra memory huh? I'll get Kuiper to tell you about it when you can walk again. Wait no don't try now!" she lunged forwards to push him back down as he attempted to get up "They're still healing your leg, it won't work if you strain it!" Ember was suddenly aware of another dragon sorting some plants further away. The dragon reminded him of Breeze, just older and darker coloured with different patterns running across her scales "Who is that? Where are we?" Breeze giggled softly at his confusion "Thats my mother, Zephyr and this is my birth clan. We specialize in healing, of course there are guards and fighters too but even they know basic healing. After you collapsed we carried you here, all that fur really makes you heavier doesn't it?" The other dragon, Zephyr, walked back over to him and tied two flat sticks to his leg with a strong rope like material "Azure yuccarope" she told Breeze "It's very strong so we use it for broken legs. These bits of wood keep the bone in the right place so it can heal properly" Breeze gave an interested nod and Zephyr turned back to what she was doing. When she had finished tying the rope around his leg, he looked down at it Its in the right place again he thought with a small smile Maybe It will heal and I can use it again Ember tried to get up again, this time Breeze helped him and he managed to get to his feet. Zephyr examined his leg and muttered something to herself, she then placed one talon on Breeze's shoulder "He can go outside now, make sure he puts that leg down though" Breeze replied with an excited nod and within seconds they were outside. From across the clearing, Ember spotted Kuiper talking with another dragon wearing a lab coat, the dragon beside him had startling pink eyes and he handed the mirror a map. With a friendly wave he left and Kuiper scanned the clearing, his eyes resting on Ember. He bounded over and sat down beside them "You're awake!" he said with a similar gasp to Breeze's earlier one "And you're walking on all four legs! Does it hurt? What did they do to it? Can I-"
"Alright, alright calm down. Whats gotten you so excited?" Ember cut him off Sweet Flamecaller his questions are annoying he thought, his brain involuntarily adding What does Breeze see in him. It was easy to see that Breeze loved the timid mirror, she practically never left his side. Ember was surprized she'd even gone to see him rather than sticking with Kuiper, she probably just wanted to learn what to do Breeze was an amazing healer after all. Kuiper thrust the map under his nose, startling Ember out of his thoughts "I was speaking to another scientist before you came," he began "He was from the Starfall Isles, Arcane territory, and he gave me this map to get there! Now we have all our stuff, including you, we can get going. You do remember agreeing to come right? If you don't and you want to change your mind thats fine too." Ember thought it over, of course he remembered, his memory wasn't that bad and he was tired of dragons thinking that "Of course I remember. Look, I need to tell you both something I've only told a few dragons before," Ember readied himself, here goes but it was Kuiper that replied "You have that thing! You know the genetic condition that only Tundra's get, the one that improves their memory!" Ember was puzzled, dragons knew about this? Wasn't it undescovered and rare? He stared down at his paws "Yes, the Icewarden's Blessing, how did you know?"
"You never showed any signs of forgetting anything except how you got your injury, and it was obvious you were lying. Even a Tundra would remember something like that. Why are you so upset about this? Its a scientific wonder, a miracle!"
Ember looked up, he couldn't control the sadness spilling into his eyes or his words at this point "In fire clans its a sign of disloyalty to the Flamecaller. With a name like Icewarden's Blessing how could it be anything different? I kept it secret, only my parents and my mentor knew about it. You aren't really allowed to join the warrior ranks with any weaknesses like mine but my mentor made an exception, she found out and never told the clan leader so he'd let me train. I trained extra hard to make up for my curse, but I failed my assesment anyway. I ran away and got attacked by a hydra, then Breeze found me." he trailed off, and met the sympathetic looks of his friends "Sorry, you didn't want to know my life story did you. I-if you'd take me, I'd still like to come with you-"
"Of course we'll have you, blessing and all"
replied Breeze and Ember's heart skipped a beat. Kuiper nodded in agreement, "We're friends remember?" Ember smiled at them both "Of course we are, which means we're a group. Arcane territory, here we come!"

Backstory unlocked. The Icewarden's blessing is something that features in another of my Tundra's lore. Its defenitely not just something to use instead of memory loss because I can't write that properly, no way.

Yep, Ember lived! The battles went smoothly, now Breeze, Kuiper and Ember are all level 3!

Sorry for the cliche, soppy ending. I couldn't help myself.

Next day
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
[center] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/1#post_39707861]Contents[/url] [size = 7]Day 10: Escaping The Storms [/size] [item = Iron Filigree Wing Guard] (revoked as Breeze isn't RTB and Boreal hasn't even met the others yet) [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=53365074&skin=0&apparel=2125&xt=dressing.png[/img] Boreal felt cold talons shove her awake [b]"Mother wanted me to wake you up, she said we're leaving Ice territory today"[/b] her brother's voice sounded harshly beside her. She got to her feet and followed his scent trail outside until it mingled with her parent's scents. A sharp cough from her father signaled they needed to listen [b]"Your mother and I have been talking, we think you are both old enough now to begin the search for your charges-" "So?"[/b] her brother interrupted, a fatal mistake [b]"So, that means we are letting you choose which element you want to travel to, but if you're going to be immature then we'll make you stay with us"[/b] her father replied, his voice filled with disappointment and rage. She felt her brother stiffen beside her and he bowed his head, accidentally hitting Boreal with a cheek fin [b]"I can be sensible, I promise!" [/b]her father didn't seem to take any notice of him before continuing [b]"There are several boats lined up along the docks, each one is travelling to a different mainland territory. We plan to travel to Lightning, and then on to Light but the choice is yours,"[/b] he added, [b]"Remember, once you find your charge you must not let them die or if it’s an object you must not let it get destroyed or lost or you will fail as a Guardian, good luck"[/b] with that final remark, Boreal heard her father move through the thick snow presumably towards the docks, her mother stayed behind to give each of them a hug. Once she had stopped, she gave each of them a box [b]"Here,"[/b] she said softly, clearly fighting tears [b]"To remember us by”[/b] then she too was gone, following after her mate. Boreal carefully opened the box and placed one talon inside, there was some soft material [b][i]a scarf[/i][/b] and a flat piece of metal, she let her talons drift across it and found it to be inscribed with her parent's faces. As a young hatchling she'd always run her talons across her parent's faces to distinguish who they were, the piece of metal was almost an exact match. She draped the scarf around her neck and sniffed around for her brother, after finding he had already left, she set off towards the docks, following the salty smell that came from the sea. It was difficult to tell apart the voices shouting each Flight's name, but as she grew used to the clamor of voices, she heard different dragons yelling. The closest voice to her was shouting for Arcane [b][i]isn't that the flight that focuses on space?[/i][/b] She thought [b][i]maybe I should go there, what if my charge also loves the stars?[/i][/b] Excitement bubbled inside her chest; it didn't take long to make her decision. She placed herself at the back of the line. Eventually she reached the front, told the dragon that was letting them on the boat her name, threw her furs in a bucket she was told to put them in and found a seat. Suddenly she felt a shudder beneath her as the boat began to move [b][i]this is it,[/i][/b] she thought suppressing a squeal of excitement [b][i]I’m finally going to find my charge![/i][/b] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=53365074&skin=0&apparel=12897&xt=dressing.png[/img] ----- Off she goes! [url =http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/2#post_39853948] Next day [/url]
Contents
Day 10: Escaping The Storms

Iron Filigree Wing Guard
(revoked as Breeze isn't RTB and Boreal hasn't even met the others yet)

dragon?did=53365074&skin=0&apparel=2125&xt=dressing.png

Boreal felt cold talons shove her awake "Mother wanted me to wake you up, she said we're leaving Ice territory today" her brother's voice sounded harshly beside her. She got to her feet and followed his scent trail outside until it mingled with her parent's scents. A sharp cough from her father signaled they needed to listen "Your mother and I have been talking, we think you are both old enough now to begin the search for your charges-"
"So?"
her brother interrupted, a fatal mistake "So, that means we are letting you choose which element you want to travel to, but if you're going to be immature then we'll make you stay with us" her father replied, his voice filled with disappointment and rage. She felt her brother stiffen beside her and he bowed his head, accidentally hitting Boreal with a cheek fin "I can be sensible, I promise!" her father didn't seem to take any notice of him before continuing "There are several boats lined up along the docks, each one is travelling to a different mainland territory. We plan to travel to Lightning, and then on to Light but the choice is yours," he added, "Remember, once you find your charge you must not let them die or if it’s an object you must not let it get destroyed or lost or you will fail as a Guardian, good luck" with that final remark, Boreal heard her father move through the thick snow presumably towards the docks, her mother stayed behind to give each of them a hug. Once she had stopped, she gave each of them a box "Here," she said softly, clearly fighting tears "To remember us by” then she too was gone, following after her mate. Boreal carefully opened the box and placed one talon inside, there was some soft material a scarf and a flat piece of metal, she let her talons drift across it and found it to be inscribed with her parent's faces. As a young hatchling she'd always run her talons across her parent's faces to distinguish who they were, the piece of metal was almost an exact match. She draped the scarf around her neck and sniffed around for her brother, after finding he had already left, she set off towards the docks, following the salty smell that came from the sea. It was difficult to tell apart the voices shouting each Flight's name, but as she grew used to the clamor of voices, she heard different dragons yelling. The closest voice to her was shouting for Arcane isn't that the flight that focuses on space? She thought maybe I should go there, what if my charge also loves the stars? Excitement bubbled inside her chest; it didn't take long to make her decision. She placed herself at the back of the line. Eventually she reached the front, told the dragon that was letting them on the boat her name, threw her furs in a bucket she was told to put them in and found a seat. Suddenly she felt a shudder beneath her as the boat began to move this is it, she thought suppressing a squeal of excitement I’m finally going to find my charge!

dragon?did=53365074&skin=0&apparel=12897&xt=dressing.png

Off she goes!

Next day
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
[center] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/1#post_39707861]Contents[/url] [size = 7]Day 11: Training[/size] [item = Gilded Tetras] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=53136060&skin=0&apparel=25027,27348&xt=dressing.png[/img] [b]"If you want to survive out there, you need to train harder."[/b] the battle scarred Ridgeback barked. Breeze had told her parents they were leaving for Arcane once she and her friends had marked out a route on Kuiper's map, and they had sent them to the clan's trainer to prepare for anything out in the wilds. The dragon, Onyx, led them to a small field near the clan's borders that was punctuated with small runestones around the outside. Onyx caught her looking at them [b]"those are protection runes,"[/b] he said [b]"they form a specialised forcefield that only allows dragons in and out so those beasties don't come and attack us. Alright, everyone step inside!"[/b] the three dragons did so, but Onyx stopped Ember before he got any further [b]"what's this?"[/b] he looked down at Ember's splint [b]"You can't fight with that, you might damage it further-" "I have special permission from Zephyr, she told me it's healing enough so long as I don't over exert it."[/b] Ember replied, not even looking at Onyx as the tundra stepped around him. They wandered into the centre of the field and looked around nervously, after a while Breeze grew frustrated [b][i]what do we do now? Is this the training, just standing here?[/i][/b] she thought with growing concern. Suddenly, Kuiper gave a yelp and she turned to see all sorts of creatures pouring out from a few holes in the ground, they looked dangerous. The closest creatures were a pair of sparrowmice, they leaped onto Kuiper and he batted at them to fend them off. An Emerald webwing flew up to Ember and brought it's sharp beak down, but he had already twisted out of the way and reached out to swipe at it. From the corner of her eye Breeze noticed a mith flying towards her and she shot a blast of magic at it, after a few shots it lay fainted on the ground and she was presented with yet another enemy. By the time they had finished the sun had long since set and Breeze ached all over when Onyx called them back. They trudged back to the camp to find a bamboo woven den prepared for them to rest in for the night and each of them fell asleep in seconds. ----- Let. Them. Leave. Pinkerton Rolled Breeze, Ember and Kuiper, went to the training fields and didn't even leave untill my 30 turns were up! I'm so scared for woodland path. They're all level 4 now [url = http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/2#post_39872918] Next day [/url]
Contents
Day 11: Training

Gilded Tetras

dragon?did=53136060&skin=0&apparel=25027,27348&xt=dressing.png

"If you want to survive out there, you need to train harder." the battle scarred Ridgeback barked. Breeze had told her parents they were leaving for Arcane once she and her friends had marked out a route on Kuiper's map, and they had sent them to the clan's trainer to prepare for anything out in the wilds. The dragon, Onyx, led them to a small field near the clan's borders that was punctuated with small runestones around the outside. Onyx caught her looking at them "those are protection runes," he said "they form a specialised forcefield that only allows dragons in and out so those beasties don't come and attack us. Alright, everyone step inside!" the three dragons did so, but Onyx stopped Ember before he got any further "what's this?" he looked down at Ember's splint "You can't fight with that, you might damage it further-"
"I have special permission from Zephyr, she told me it's healing enough so long as I don't over exert it."
Ember replied, not even looking at Onyx as the tundra stepped around him. They wandered into the centre of the field and looked around nervously, after a while Breeze grew frustrated what do we do now? Is this the training, just standing here? she thought with growing concern. Suddenly, Kuiper gave a yelp and she turned to see all sorts of creatures pouring out from a few holes in the ground, they looked dangerous. The closest creatures were a pair of sparrowmice, they leaped onto Kuiper and he batted at them to fend them off. An Emerald webwing flew up to Ember and brought it's sharp beak down, but he had already twisted out of the way and reached out to swipe at it. From the corner of her eye Breeze noticed a mith flying towards her and she shot a blast of magic at it, after a few shots it lay fainted on the ground and she was presented with yet another enemy. By the time they had finished the sun had long since set and Breeze ached all over when Onyx called them back. They trudged back to the camp to find a bamboo woven den prepared for them to rest in for the night and each of them fell asleep in seconds.

Let. Them. Leave. Pinkerton

Rolled Breeze, Ember and Kuiper, went to the training fields and didn't even leave untill my 30 turns were up! I'm so scared for woodland path.

They're all level 4 now

Next day
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
[center] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/1#post_39707861]Contents[/url] [size = 7]Day 12: The Journey Begins[/size] [item = Pilco Segments] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=53125098&skin=0&apparel=12191&xt=dressing.png[/img] Kuiper unfurled the map once more. He traced the path drawn across it, his excitement growing with each inch his clawtip travelled. Soon he'd finally be there. Kuiper had dreamed of the trip to the observatory since he was first accepted into his astronomy class, the best telescope in sorneith resided there, the one the Arcanist himself used. However this excitement came with grief for his classmates that never would get to see it, [b][i]they'll never see the stars again, or their families, their friends and their homes[/i][/b] Kuiper thought as a fresh wave of grief crashed over him. The image of the clearing flashed again into his mind and he jumped, tears he didn't even know he was holding back dripping down his face [b][i]Oh Stormcatcher why did they have to die![/i][/b] his thoughts screamed, cutting through every last thread of his previous excitement.[b][i]I'm doing this for them, I’m doing this for them, I’m doing this for them[/i][/b] he repeated, fighting back his sorrow [b][i]I am allowed to be happy, it wasn't my fault, they wouldn't want to see me like this[/i][/b]. He wiped his sleeves across his face and tucked the slightly damp map into his pocket [b][i]I will be brave[/i][/b] he stepped outside of his den and straight into Ember. He stepped backwards and Kuiper saw Breeze's head appear over Ember [b]"There you are Kuiper!"[/b] she said with a smile [b]"are you ready to go? Onyx is happy with our training yesterday and cleared us to leave, we just have to find the clan leader now. He apparently wants to see us before we go."[/b] Kuiper smiled back and apologized to Ember before following the bubbly wildclaw to a large cave on the edge of camp. The three stepped tentatively inside and stopped beside a regal looking wildclaw sitting at a desk, it seemed he was writing something on a tattered piece of parchment. Breeze leapt forwards and hugged him [b]"Father! I've missed you! Sorry for not being back by sunset" [/b] the other wildclaw jumped, but as soon as he recognised the voice he returned the hug [b]"Breeze! I've been so worried about you, you should be sorry"[/b] he gave a warm laugh, insuring his words were taken as a joke [b]"and these are your new friends? They look nice, your mother told me about the tundra, Ember wasn't it? But I don't know much about you mirror, what’s your name?" [/b] Ember nodded at his question and Kuiper felt a rush of nervousness [b]"I'm Kuiper, sir, and- and yourself?"[/b] the wildclaw smiled and thrust his talon towards him, Kuiper promptly shook it [b]"I'm Breeze young one"[/b] he laughed again at Kuiper's obvious confusion [b]"in our clan the leader's firstborn inherits their name but not necessarily the leadership title, that has to be consensual and since Breeze intends to leave I assume she doesn't want leadership."[/b] Breeze, his friend Breeze, shook her head [b]"I'm really sorry father, I don't want to disappoint you but-" "But you have a deep and profound fascination for healing, not leadership. I understand, don't worry I'm still proud of you, I've been watching you help your mother and I know you'll be an amazing healer. But anyway, that’s not why I called you all here"[/b] he interrupted and the Breeze Kuiper knew tightened the hug, the older Breeze continued [b]"If you need any support when you reach Arcane or even on the journey I want you to send me a message via Kelp,"[/b] he pointed to a small Murkbottom Gull perched on the desk that Kuiper hadn't noticed before. He lifted the gull on one claw and placed it on his daughter's shoulder, it looked up at him and he nodded to it. [item = murkbottom gull] Then he lifted a box from under the desk and opened the lid [b]"Remember Breeze, I'm always here if you need me and I'm pretty sure I can spare a few dragons to help you if necessary. For Ember, I've noticed your prowess in battle and I think this would suit you."[/b] he lifted two pieces of wing armour out from the box and passed it to him. Ember put them on each wing and spread them out, he shook clan leader Breeze's talon and sat back down [item = Iron Filigree Wing Guard] [b]"Yep, I had those crafted by our blacksmiths. The finest in Wind territory if they do say so themselves! But finally, Kuiper, this is for you."[/b] he tipped the box over and out fell a small white scarf with metallic ends designed to look like gears, Kuiper gasped and wrapped it around his neck over the collar of his lab coat [item = Gold Steampunk Scarf] [b]"Thank you sir! It's beautiful!"[/b] Kuiper replied, it felt soft and warm on his scales [b]"What’s more,"[/b] older Breeze began [b]"if you press the smallest gear it opens the metal ends to reveal a small compartment, currently in there is a small dagger, that’s yours to keep too. You didn't seem like much of a fighter so perhaps this'll help. Of course you can put more in there if you see fit."[/b] Kuiper did as he said and, just as he had described, a stone dagger fell out into his palm. It looked well made, with intricate carvings of constellations in the stone and lone stars made from a pink crystal dotted the handle. Kuiper thought it was the most beautiful weapon he'd ever seen [b]"those stars are made from crystals in the Arcane lands themselves! We had some leftovers from last year's Starfall Celebration. Now, stay safe out there, remember your training and most importantly remember any dragon is safer in a larger clan. When you build your clan welcome any dragons who won't harm you as later they may be the ones to defend you."[/b] he turned back to his daughter and stroked her head feathers [b]"I love you so much Breeze, and I'm so proud you want to follow in your mother's footsteps. This is also for you."[/b] he handed her a leather bound book and she studied the title [b]"a healing herbs guide,"[/b] she whispered, her voice shaking [b]"th-thank you father, I love you too. I'll send you a message as soon as we reach Arcane and set up a camp. Please come visit one day!"[/b] she brushed away her newly forming tears and her father nodded [b]"I'd like that. Don't keep your friends waiting, go on it's nearly midday!"[/b] he gave her one last hug and she clambered back down beside her friends. Kuiper thought of his own parents back in Lightning [b][i]they must be so worried about me![/i][/b] he thought as they walked out of the den and Breeze gave one last wave to her parents once her mother poked het head out of her den [b][i]I'll ask Breeze if I can send Kelp[/i][/b] Kuiper looked at both of his friends and smiled [b]"are you ready?"[/b] he asked them, Breeze replied with a nod and Ember a shout of [b]"you bet!"[/b] and with that they left the camp, the official start of their journey. [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=53125098&skin=0&apparel=369,12191&xt=dressing.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=53143001&skin=0&apparel=12896,13851,9450&xt=dressing.png[/img] ----- Finally they left for Arcane!! Now it really gets dangerous. If anyone is reading this, I'll be going away for two weeks without my art supplies so any art days will have to be postponed untill I get back. I don't know if I'll be able to post updates either so I might have to miss some days. [url = http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/2#post_39880583]Next day[/url]
Contents
Day 12: The Journey Begins

Pilco Segments

dragon?did=53125098&skin=0&apparel=12191&xt=dressing.png

Kuiper unfurled the map once more. He traced the path drawn across it, his excitement growing with each inch his clawtip travelled. Soon he'd finally be there. Kuiper had dreamed of the trip to the observatory since he was first accepted into his astronomy class, the best telescope in sorneith resided there, the one the Arcanist himself used. However this excitement came with grief for his classmates that never would get to see it, they'll never see the stars again, or their families, their friends and their homes Kuiper thought as a fresh wave of grief crashed over him. The image of the clearing flashed again into his mind and he jumped, tears he didn't even know he was holding back dripping down his face Oh Stormcatcher why did they have to die! his thoughts screamed, cutting through every last thread of his previous excitement.I'm doing this for them, I’m doing this for them, I’m doing this for them he repeated, fighting back his sorrow I am allowed to be happy, it wasn't my fault, they wouldn't want to see me like this. He wiped his sleeves across his face and tucked the slightly damp map into his pocket I will be brave he stepped outside of his den and straight into Ember. He stepped backwards and Kuiper saw Breeze's head appear over Ember "There you are Kuiper!" she said with a smile "are you ready to go? Onyx is happy with our training yesterday and cleared us to leave, we just have to find the clan leader now. He apparently wants to see us before we go." Kuiper smiled back and apologized to Ember before following the bubbly wildclaw to a large cave on the edge of camp. The three stepped tentatively inside and stopped beside a regal looking wildclaw sitting at a desk, it seemed he was writing something on a tattered piece of parchment. Breeze leapt forwards and hugged him "Father! I've missed you! Sorry for not being back by sunset" the other wildclaw jumped, but as soon as he recognised the voice he returned the hug "Breeze! I've been so worried about you, you should be sorry" he gave a warm laugh, insuring his words were taken as a joke "and these are your new friends? They look nice, your mother told me about the tundra, Ember wasn't it? But I don't know much about you mirror, what’s your name?" Ember nodded at his question and Kuiper felt a rush of nervousness "I'm Kuiper, sir, and- and yourself?" the wildclaw smiled and thrust his talon towards him, Kuiper promptly shook it "I'm Breeze young one" he laughed again at Kuiper's obvious confusion "in our clan the leader's firstborn inherits their name but not necessarily the leadership title, that has to be consensual and since Breeze intends to leave I assume she doesn't want leadership." Breeze, his friend Breeze, shook her head "I'm really sorry father, I don't want to disappoint you but-"
"But you have a deep and profound fascination for healing, not leadership. I understand, don't worry I'm still proud of you, I've been watching you help your mother and I know you'll be an amazing healer. But anyway, that’s not why I called you all here"
he interrupted and the Breeze Kuiper knew tightened the hug, the older Breeze continued "If you need any support when you reach Arcane or even on the journey I want you to send me a message via Kelp," he pointed to a small Murkbottom Gull perched on the desk that Kuiper hadn't noticed before. He lifted the gull on one claw and placed it on his daughter's shoulder, it looked up at him and he nodded to it.
Murkbottom Gull
Then he lifted a box from under the desk and opened the lid "Remember Breeze, I'm always here if you need me and I'm pretty sure I can spare a few dragons to help you if necessary. For Ember, I've noticed your prowess in battle and I think this would suit you." he lifted two pieces of wing armour out from the box and passed it to him. Ember put them on each wing and spread them out, he shook clan leader Breeze's talon and sat back down
Iron Filigree Wing Guard
"Yep, I had those crafted by our blacksmiths. The finest in Wind territory if they do say so themselves! But finally, Kuiper, this is for you." he tipped the box over and out fell a small white scarf with metallic ends designed to look like gears, Kuiper gasped and wrapped it around his neck over the collar of his lab coat
Gold Steampunk Scarf
"Thank you sir! It's beautiful!" Kuiper replied, it felt soft and warm on his scales "What’s more," older Breeze began "if you press the smallest gear it opens the metal ends to reveal a small compartment, currently in there is a small dagger, that’s yours to keep too. You didn't seem like much of a fighter so perhaps this'll help. Of course you can put more in there if you see fit." Kuiper did as he said and, just as he had described, a stone dagger fell out into his palm. It looked well made, with intricate carvings of constellations in the stone and lone stars made from a pink crystal dotted the handle. Kuiper thought it was the most beautiful weapon he'd ever seen "those stars are made from crystals in the Arcane lands themselves! We had some leftovers from last year's Starfall Celebration. Now, stay safe out there, remember your training and most importantly remember any dragon is safer in a larger clan. When you build your clan welcome any dragons who won't harm you as later they may be the ones to defend you." he turned back to his daughter and stroked her head feathers "I love you so much Breeze, and I'm so proud you want to follow in your mother's footsteps. This is also for you." he handed her a leather bound book and she studied the title "a healing herbs guide," she whispered, her voice shaking "th-thank you father, I love you too. I'll send you a message as soon as we reach Arcane and set up a camp. Please come visit one day!" she brushed away her newly forming tears and her father nodded "I'd like that. Don't keep your friends waiting, go on it's nearly midday!" he gave her one last hug and she clambered back down beside her friends. Kuiper thought of his own parents back in Lightning they must be so worried about me! he thought as they walked out of the den and Breeze gave one last wave to her parents once her mother poked het head out of her den I'll ask Breeze if I can send Kelp Kuiper looked at both of his friends and smiled "are you ready?" he asked them, Breeze replied with a nod and Ember a shout of "you bet!" and with that they left the camp, the official start of their journey.
dragon?did=53125098&skin=0&apparel=369,12191&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=53143001&skin=0&apparel=12896,13851,9450&xt=dressing.png
Finally they left for Arcane!! Now it really gets dangerous.

If anyone is reading this, I'll be going away for two weeks without my art supplies so any art days will have to be postponed untill I get back. I don't know if I'll be able to post updates either so I might have to miss some days.

Next day
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
[center] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/1#post_39707861]Contents[/url] [size = 7]Day 13: Battle[/size] [item = Darkwood Titan] 15 rounds in Training fields Rolled Kuiper, Ember and Boreal Boreal is now level 3 So, because I'm a coward I've decided to do medium coli and use the venue below the highest level dragon. I might end up writing something for this day eventually but for now I'm going to leave it as just this. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/2#post_39896775] Next Day [/url]
Contents
Day 13: Battle

Darkwood Titan

15 rounds in Training fields
Rolled Kuiper, Ember and Boreal
Boreal is now level 3

So, because I'm a coward I've decided to do medium coli and use the venue below the highest level dragon. I might end up writing something for this day eventually but for now I'm going to leave it as just this.

Next Day
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
[center] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/1#post_39707861]Contents[/url] [size = 7]Day 14: Calcite [/size] [item = Ruffletail Tadhop] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=49552345&skin=0&apparel=20612,20607,20610&xt=dressing.png[/img] Calcite peered out over the side of the boat, her tail subconsciously tying itself into a knot. She'd never been away from Ice territory before and all of her previous excitement had vanished the second the boat had left. She already missed the warm, caring community in her home village, her little cottage overlooking the pine forest, her garden where she spent countless hours growing some of the best plants in the Icefield. Everything she knew and loved was gone, swallowed by the snowstorm. Calcite finally managed to drag herself out of her memories and found at least ten new fear-knots along her body, she sighed and lifted the pack containing her salvaged seeds from her chest. As she untangled, she let her mind wander [b][i]I wonder what it's like in Arcane, do they have the right soil for my plants? What if that strange magic mutates them and they start dying? Will I have to find different plants? What if-[/i] "Hey! Why'd you do that?"[/b] her thoughts were interrupted by an unfamiliar voice and she realised that her tail must have hit the strange dragon. They were a guardian, apparently female due to the lack of a beard, with strange glassy eyes, snow leopard spots dotted her azure scales and wings, Calcite touched her shoulder [b]"Oh Icewarden, sorry! I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing, did I hit you with my tail?" "Oh that’s what it was, I was wondering what the pointy bit was. You're a Spiral right?"[/b] the stranger replied, she didn't look too offended [i][b]Thank Icewarden[/b][/i] but Calcite found it odd that the Guardian never looked her in the eyes, and the way she asked if she was a Spiral. Then it clicked [b]"Are - Are you blind? Sorry I should have asked this first but what's your name? I'm Calcite,"[/b] Calcite gave a warm smile and presented her talon, then she pulled it back as she remembered the dragon couldn't see her [b]"Boreal, and yes, I'm blind. But I can still do a lot, I'm not entirely helpless..."[/b] she trailed off as a frown appeared on her face [b]"Anyway, are you excited? I can't wait to explore a new territory! I wonder what my Charge is, do Spirals have Charges too?"[/b] any traces of Boreal's visible sadness instantly disappeared and Calcite felt herself grow happier too. She laughed and she felt a knot she didn't even know was there untangle [b]"First, I'm kind of nervous about travelling so far and I miss my home but I'm a bit excited. Second of all, no we don't have Charges. I think that's just a Guardian thing, but it sounds really interesting. I've always wondered how it works, do you immediately know as soon as you see your charge or-" "Alright, alright. Flying fanrats I thought I talked a lot! Remind me to only talk to you when you're nervous,"[/b] Boreal returned the laugh and placed her own talon on Calcite's shoulder [b]"Hey, why don't we be friends? Then we can travel together and we wont get lonely, I overheard a group of dragons say this journey was long and I think I'd rather chew my own tail than do it alone, what do you say?"[/b] Calcite grinned, her newfound happiness dispelled any longing to go home as she imagined exploring new lands with this dragon, her new friend [b]"I'd love that, I look forward to exploring with you!"[/b] ------ Woah, a new dragon!! I decided to get the first adult dragon as I have no way to introduce a baby dragon at this point. I already love their friendship so much. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/2#post_39908508] Next Day [/url]
Contents
Day 14: Calcite

Ruffletail Tadhop

dragon?did=49552345&skin=0&apparel=20612,20607,20610&xt=dressing.png

Calcite peered out over the side of the boat, her tail subconsciously tying itself into a knot. She'd never been away from Ice territory before and all of her previous excitement had vanished the second the boat had left. She already missed the warm, caring community in her home village, her little cottage overlooking the pine forest, her garden where she spent countless hours growing some of the best plants in the Icefield. Everything she knew and loved was gone, swallowed by the snowstorm. Calcite finally managed to drag herself out of her memories and found at least ten new fear-knots along her body, she sighed and lifted the pack containing her salvaged seeds from her chest. As she untangled, she let her mind wander I wonder what it's like in Arcane, do they have the right soil for my plants? What if that strange magic mutates them and they start dying? Will I have to find different plants? What if- "Hey! Why'd you do that?" her thoughts were interrupted by an unfamiliar voice and she realised that her tail must have hit the strange dragon. They were a guardian, apparently female due to the lack of a beard, with strange glassy eyes, snow leopard spots dotted her azure scales and wings, Calcite touched her shoulder "Oh Icewarden, sorry! I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing, did I hit you with my tail?"
"Oh that’s what it was, I was wondering what the pointy bit was. You're a Spiral right?"
the stranger replied, she didn't look too offended Thank Icewarden but Calcite found it odd that the Guardian never looked her in the eyes, and the way she asked if she was a Spiral. Then it clicked "Are - Are you blind? Sorry I should have asked this first but what's your name? I'm Calcite," Calcite gave a warm smile and presented her talon, then she pulled it back as she remembered the dragon couldn't see her "Boreal, and yes, I'm blind. But I can still do a lot, I'm not entirely helpless..." she trailed off as a frown appeared on her face "Anyway, are you excited? I can't wait to explore a new territory! I wonder what my Charge is, do Spirals have Charges too?" any traces of Boreal's visible sadness instantly disappeared and Calcite felt herself grow happier too. She laughed and she felt a knot she didn't even know was there untangle "First, I'm kind of nervous about travelling so far and I miss my home but I'm a bit excited. Second of all, no we don't have Charges. I think that's just a Guardian thing, but it sounds really interesting. I've always wondered how it works, do you immediately know as soon as you see your charge or-"
"Alright, alright. Flying fanrats I thought I talked a lot! Remind me to only talk to you when you're nervous,"
Boreal returned the laugh and placed her own talon on Calcite's shoulder "Hey, why don't we be friends? Then we can travel together and we wont get lonely, I overheard a group of dragons say this journey was long and I think I'd rather chew my own tail than do it alone, what do you say?" Calcite grinned, her newfound happiness dispelled any longing to go home as she imagined exploring new lands with this dragon, her new friend "I'd love that, I look forward to exploring with you!"

Woah, a new dragon!! I decided to get the first adult dragon as I have no way to introduce a baby dragon at this point. I already love their friendship so much.

Next Day
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
[center] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/1#post_39707861]Contents[/url] [size = 7]Day 15: Art![/size] [item = Florist's Satchel] [img]https://i.imgur.com/nz6hKDy.jpg[/img] ----- Boreal! I'm not too happy with how she turned out, and my writing is awful today. I did draw her scarf too but I absolutely hated how that looked so I cropped it out. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/2#post_39925416] Next Day [/url]
Contents
Day 15: Art!

Florist's Satchel

nz6hKDy.jpg
Boreal! I'm not too happy with how she turned out, and my writing is awful today. I did draw her scarf too but I absolutely hated how that looked so I cropped it out.

Next Day
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
[center] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/1#post_39707861]Contents[/url] [size = 7]Day 16: Enceladus [/size] [item = Amaranth Moth] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53396363] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/533964/53396363_350.png[/img] [/url] Enceladus had been traveling for days now. Maybe even months, although It didn't bother him much as he was fulfilling his duty as a Gaoler, finding the Shade and containing it. He thrust his nose to the ground and sharply inhaled, nothing except the background scent that all those newer dragons had greeted him. He gazed around at his surroundings, they were nothing like his birthplace or any other territories he had traveled through to get here. Towering pink crystals rose like mountains above the strange, small floating islands, in the distance a small golden Observatory gleamed on the tallest island Enceladus had to squint to even try see it [i][b]What a strange land[/b][/i] he thought [b][i]nothing like Ice territory, now that's a respectable place. At least, I think so[/i][/b] as he got to his feet, a low growl sounded behind him and he lifted a paw ready to strike his attacker. He turned around and came face to face with his mother, who gave one look at his eyes and snarled again [b]"Slacking off now are we? The Shade has probably corrupted yet another dragon by now, come on."[/b] Enceladus bowed his head in submission and trotted after the larger dragon in silence. He had known since birth that his mother loathed him, she hadn't been aware that it was the elemental territory that affected a hatchling's elemental affinity when she had laid and because she had been in Light territory at the time her only hatchling ended up with light magic and hate from his parents. His father had left them as soon as his son hatched, claiming that the other Gaolers would reject his child immediately and that a non-Ice element Gaoler would bring them bad luck. Mother had cursed her mate, the Lightweaver, her son and anyone else she could think to blame. Because of this, Enceladus had wished every day and night that he could have been born an Ice dragon, and he knew his mother wished it too. After a long, silent walk the pair finally reached a forest of strange purple trees and the Gaoler in front stopped [b]"Enceladus, I've decided that we should split up. We'll cover more ground that way, if you find anything take it back to the Fortress, don't wait for me."[/b] she didn't let him reply before stalking through the trees and eventually disappearing from sight. Enceladus sighed and started in the other direction, his thoughts in a constant cycle of [b][i]I'm so useless, she'll never love me, stupid light magic, stupid shade, I'm such a mistake.[/i][/b] The setting sun began to shine through the crystal structures, casting a soft pink glow over the land and Enceladus realized he had to find shelter for the night. Finally, after yet another long search, he came across a large hollow beside one of the strange crystals and scraped a pile of glowing leaves together. He spun around, stamping at the pile to make it as comfortable as possible and dropped into it. Despite his attempt at comfort, Enceladus wasn't able to sleep at all and he gazed up at the multitude of stars crowding the sky above him, wishing with all his might that his mother could find a way to love him. ------- Sweet Arcanist another dragon? And he's a Gaoler too!! Sorry this update is so short [url = http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/2#post_39934167]Next Day [/url]
Contents
Day 16: Enceladus

Amaranth Moth

53396363_350.png

Enceladus had been traveling for days now. Maybe even months, although It didn't bother him much as he was fulfilling his duty as a Gaoler, finding the Shade and containing it. He thrust his nose to the ground and sharply inhaled, nothing except the background scent that all those newer dragons had greeted him. He gazed around at his surroundings, they were nothing like his birthplace or any other territories he had traveled through to get here. Towering pink crystals rose like mountains above the strange, small floating islands, in the distance a small golden Observatory gleamed on the tallest island Enceladus had to squint to even try see it What a strange land he thought nothing like Ice territory, now that's a respectable place. At least, I think so as he got to his feet, a low growl sounded behind him and he lifted a paw ready to strike his attacker. He turned around and came face to face with his mother, who gave one look at his eyes and snarled again "Slacking off now are we? The Shade has probably corrupted yet another dragon by now, come on." Enceladus bowed his head in submission and trotted after the larger dragon in silence. He had known since birth that his mother loathed him, she hadn't been aware that it was the elemental territory that affected a hatchling's elemental affinity when she had laid and because she had been in Light territory at the time her only hatchling ended up with light magic and hate from his parents. His father had left them as soon as his son hatched, claiming that the other Gaolers would reject his child immediately and that a non-Ice element Gaoler would bring them bad luck. Mother had cursed her mate, the Lightweaver, her son and anyone else she could think to blame. Because of this, Enceladus had wished every day and night that he could have been born an Ice dragon, and he knew his mother wished it too. After a long, silent walk the pair finally reached a forest of strange purple trees and the Gaoler in front stopped "Enceladus, I've decided that we should split up. We'll cover more ground that way, if you find anything take it back to the Fortress, don't wait for me." she didn't let him reply before stalking through the trees and eventually disappearing from sight. Enceladus sighed and started in the other direction, his thoughts in a constant cycle of I'm so useless, she'll never love me, stupid light magic, stupid shade, I'm such a mistake. The setting sun began to shine through the crystal structures, casting a soft pink glow over the land and Enceladus realized he had to find shelter for the night. Finally, after yet another long search, he came across a large hollow beside one of the strange crystals and scraped a pile of glowing leaves together. He spun around, stamping at the pile to make it as comfortable as possible and dropped into it. Despite his attempt at comfort, Enceladus wasn't able to sleep at all and he gazed up at the multitude of stars crowding the sky above him, wishing with all his might that his mother could find a way to love him.

Sweet Arcanist another dragon? And he's a Gaoler too!! Sorry this update is so short

Next Day
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
[center] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/1#post_39707861]Contents[/url] [size = 7]Day 17: Hunting and Gathering [/size] [item = Jeweled Octoflyer Beak] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=53136060&skin=0&apparel=25027,27348&xt=dressing.png[/img] It was a beautiful day for traveling. The usually high speed winds had calmed into a gentle drift, enough to rattle the bamboo stalks above but not enough to blow Breeze's bow into her eyes or Ember's fur into his face. The trio of dragons had been walking for a few days now, they had reached The Twisting Crescendo the day before. So far they had experienced little trouble on their journey save for a stray Coral Basilisk that had stolen one of Kuiper's rations, the Mirror soon caught up to the creature and befriended it although he had lost a day's worth of food in the process. The Basilisk trotted beside his companion now and Breeze flinched for a second as it turned to stare at her before remembering Kuiper telling them that this species can't turn a dragon to stone. It was still unsettling and Breeze held a talon up to her face to avoid the stare. Kuiper must have noticed her discomfort as he placed a talon on the Basilisk's neck [b]"Come on Tenera, don't bother her it's creepy!"[/b] Breeze silently thanked him and turned towards Ember. The Tundra insisted on constantly scenting for danger, Kuiper had found it unnecessary, but Breeze liked how safe it made her feel [b][i]plus, his little nose twitches are adorable, however I don't think he'll be pleased to know that[/i][/b]. Suddenly, Ember stopped [b]"We should stop and gather food and herbs, here seems pretty safe and we might not get this chance again,"[/b] he declared, Breeze shouted to Kuiper who had drifted out of earshot and he ran over to join them. [b]"Alright, I'll go find some healing herbs, do you two want to hunt? Kuiper, you could find some meat and Ember, you can forage for plants?"[/b] she said when the mirror had finally arrived, both dragons nodded and waved before shooting off in opposite directions. Breeze inhaled, trying to scent the bitter aroma that most herbs carried. Finally she came across a clump of peppermint and she expertly dug it out of the ground, being careful not to damage any of the precious leaves or roots. She reached up and placed the leaves in a small pack she had traded for in the Twisting Crescendo strapped around Kelp's waist. She dug a few more out and put them in the basket that was strapped to her own waist incase of an emergency. Another scent hit her nose and she tracked down a patch of Feverfew, she repeated the process of separating some to put in her basket and putting most in Kelp's pack for storage. After a while, when the sun had almost set, the dragons met up again to share their catches. Ember had returned first and he had set up a small camp whilst he waited for the others so they could shelter for the night. Kuiper returned last, carrying several prey animals for him and Breeze to share [b]"I assume you don't want any Ember, aren't your kind herbivores?"[/b] he said as he tossed some prey to Breeze [b]"No thanks. You're right again, we don't eat meat unless we're really starving, although I'd rather starve than eat that!"[/b] he pointed at the rabbit in Kuiper's talons and gave a disgusted look. Kuiper laughed and Breeze almost thought she saw the Tundra smile before breaking apart a strange looking plant and eating it. As the sun sank below the bamboo stalks, revealing the multitude of stars above them, the dragons curled up in the hastily created den and fell asleep one by one. Breeze dreamed that night of meadows filled with herbs and to her own surprise she found Ember sitting among them, inviting her for a race across the field. ------- I'm not quite sure how happy I am with this update, I did write it quite late at night so that's probably why it's not the best. I might rewrite it tomorrow. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716498/3#post_39947580]Next Day[/url]
Contents
Day 17: Hunting and Gathering

Jeweled Octoflyer Beak

dragon?did=53136060&skin=0&apparel=25027,27348&xt=dressing.png

It was a beautiful day for traveling. The usually high speed winds had calmed into a gentle drift, enough to rattle the bamboo stalks above but not enough to blow Breeze's bow into her eyes or Ember's fur into his face. The trio of dragons had been walking for a few days now, they had reached The Twisting Crescendo the day before. So far they had experienced little trouble on their journey save for a stray Coral Basilisk that had stolen one of Kuiper's rations, the Mirror soon caught up to the creature and befriended it although he had lost a day's worth of food in the process. The Basilisk trotted beside his companion now and Breeze flinched for a second as it turned to stare at her before remembering Kuiper telling them that this species can't turn a dragon to stone. It was still unsettling and Breeze held a talon up to her face to avoid the stare. Kuiper must have noticed her discomfort as he placed a talon on the Basilisk's neck "Come on Tenera, don't bother her it's creepy!" Breeze silently thanked him and turned towards Ember. The Tundra insisted on constantly scenting for danger, Kuiper had found it unnecessary, but Breeze liked how safe it made her feel plus, his little nose twitches are adorable, however I don't think he'll be pleased to know that. Suddenly, Ember stopped "We should stop and gather food and herbs, here seems pretty safe and we might not get this chance again," he declared, Breeze shouted to Kuiper who had drifted out of earshot and he ran over to join them. "Alright, I'll go find some healing herbs, do you two want to hunt? Kuiper, you could find some meat and Ember, you can forage for plants?" she said when the mirror had finally arrived, both dragons nodded and waved before shooting off in opposite directions. Breeze inhaled, trying to scent the bitter aroma that most herbs carried. Finally she came across a clump of peppermint and she expertly dug it out of the ground, being careful not to damage any of the precious leaves or roots. She reached up and placed the leaves in a small pack she had traded for in the Twisting Crescendo strapped around Kelp's waist. She dug a few more out and put them in the basket that was strapped to her own waist incase of an emergency. Another scent hit her nose and she tracked down a patch of Feverfew, she repeated the process of separating some to put in her basket and putting most in Kelp's pack for storage.

After a while, when the sun had almost set, the dragons met up again to share their catches. Ember had returned first and he had set up a small camp whilst he waited for the others so they could shelter for the night. Kuiper returned last, carrying several prey animals for him and Breeze to share "I assume you don't want any Ember, aren't your kind herbivores?" he said as he tossed some prey to Breeze
"No thanks. You're right again, we don't eat meat unless we're really starving, although I'd rather starve than eat that!" he pointed at the rabbit in Kuiper's talons and gave a disgusted look. Kuiper laughed and Breeze almost thought she saw the Tundra smile before breaking apart a strange looking plant and eating it. As the sun sank below the bamboo stalks, revealing the multitude of stars above them, the dragons curled up in the hastily created den and fell asleep one by one. Breeze dreamed that night of meadows filled with herbs and to her own surprise she found Ember sitting among them, inviting her for a race across the field.

I'm not quite sure how happy I am with this update, I did write it quite late at night so that's probably why it's not the best. I might rewrite it tomorrow.

Next Day
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8