Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Pandora's Mirror [BSJ 19] Submissions
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 22 23
A guardian breed as Hera is the patroness and [b]protectress[/b]of married women One of the plentiful breeds because she is the goddess of childbirth and fertility also. [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=85&bodygene=1&breed=2&element=10&eyetype=8&gender=1&tert=69&tertgene=24&winggene=8&wings=92&auth=85555645a15c12628f66e75ae0fb87ed39a231e1&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Purples for secondary and tertiary genes for the Queen of the gods, pearl-white for the primary to represent the colours of the lily and lotus flower - both her symbolic flowers. Peacock for her sacred animal, iridescent to achieve that lily and lotus flower colour blend, facet for her royalty since she if often depicted with adornments such as diadems and sceptres. Nature element to represent her fertility and association with childbirth, nature dark scelera eye type to invoke her majestic and serious appearance.
A guardian breed as Hera is the patroness and protectressof married women
One of the plentiful breeds because she is the goddess of childbirth and fertility also.

dragon?age=1&body=85&bodygene=1&breed=2&element=10&eyetype=8&gender=1&tert=69&tertgene=24&winggene=8&wings=92&auth=85555645a15c12628f66e75ae0fb87ed39a231e1&dummyext=prev.png

Purples for secondary and tertiary genes for the Queen of the gods, pearl-white for the primary to represent the colours of the lily and lotus flower - both her symbolic flowers.
Peacock for her sacred animal, iridescent to achieve that lily and lotus flower colour blend, facet for her royalty since she if often depicted with adornments such as diadems and sceptres.

Nature element to represent her fertility and association with childbirth, nature dark scelera eye type to invoke her majestic and serious appearance.

NFJCNCS.gif UBaiWUV.png
bYt72YT.png
rUoKR6y.png
YMPbu9R.png
BY1bl09.png ZFAfDzf.png eVSz2yG.png
[b]Hera, Queen of the Gods[/b] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=74&bodygene=18&breed=1&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=27&tertgene=10&winggene=16&wings=30&auth=74947ca828ca198a6f7a297e44c249836649194f&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [LIST] [*]Moon Savannah: A marble-ish color and pattern to represent her elegance [*]Aqua Spinner: Hera is often associated with peacocks, and this color pattern represents this well [*]Azure Glimmer: Deep blue often represents calmness and stability, traits Hera is known for [*]Fae Breed: Again, reminiscent of a peacock! [/LIST]
Hera, Queen of the Gods

dragon?age=1&body=74&bodygene=18&breed=1&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=27&tertgene=10&winggene=16&wings=30&auth=74947ca828ca198a6f7a297e44c249836649194f&dummyext=prev.png
  • Moon Savannah: A marble-ish color and pattern to represent her elegance
  • Aqua Spinner: Hera is often associated with peacocks, and this color pattern represents this well
  • Azure Glimmer: Deep blue often represents calmness and stability, traits Hera is known for
  • Fae Breed: Again, reminiscent of a peacock!
O5nA62f.pngDCd1YMi.png
they/them (21)
dragons make my brain go brrrrr
I love writing lore...
... But I never seem to do it XD
Hera, Queen of the Gods: [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=66&bodygene=13&breed=14&element=10&eyetype=5&gender=1&tert=38&tertgene=24&winggene=13&wings=2&auth=d5a7e8a5f9c0d81cdbf098437feb6f0cb1fbf048&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Bogsneak: Because I think the female bogsneak's pose looks very regal Nature Multi-Gaze eyes: More eyes to see if her husband is cheating on her again. XP Also: "Jealousy is a green eyed [s]monster[/s] dragon" Pink Petals Primary: Pink is a protective color, and often said to be feminine White Butterfly Secondary: because it looks kind of like the white lace of a wedding dress Green Peacock Tertiary: Frankly, because everybody's doing it. XP I didn't know about the "peacocks are her sacred animal" thing until now, but let's go with that. XP Also this tert in green mimics the nature Multi-Gaze, thereby giving her even more eyes to spy on her lecherous husband. XP Also, this came out looking more "dragonfruit-ish" than intended. Oh well.
Hera, Queen of the Gods:

dragon?age=1&body=66&bodygene=13&breed=14&element=10&eyetype=5&gender=1&tert=38&tertgene=24&winggene=13&wings=2&auth=d5a7e8a5f9c0d81cdbf098437feb6f0cb1fbf048&dummyext=prev.png

Bogsneak: Because I think the female bogsneak's pose looks very regal

Nature Multi-Gaze eyes: More eyes to see if her husband is cheating on her again. XP Also: "Jealousy is a green eyed monster dragon"

Pink Petals Primary: Pink is a protective color, and often said to be feminine

White Butterfly Secondary: because it looks kind of like the white lace of a wedding dress

Green Peacock Tertiary: Frankly, because everybody's doing it. XP I didn't know about the "peacocks are her sacred animal" thing until now, but let's go with that. XP Also this tert in green mimics the nature Multi-Gaze, thereby giving her even more eyes to spy on her lecherous husband. XP

Also, this came out looking more "dragonfruit-ish" than intended. Oh well.
NOTE: Dergs in my lair with scries are just ideas, & are subject to change/not final.
nZJa3n3.png
[center][b][size=5]Hera[/b][/size] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=144&bodygene=7&breed=2&element=9&eyetype=5&gender=1&tert=109&tertgene=24&winggene=20&wings=134&auth=5468d910fe8850e99a044c5352af748dfeb3bb3c&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Peridot Crystal Peacock Bee Bubblegum Peacock Arcane Multigaze[/center] Hera is a Guardian to symbolize her role as guardian of marriages. In mythology, however, her defying characteristic was her jealousy. Such, greens were picked since green is the color of envy, while the genes of crystal and bee were picked to give Hera a cold, hard exterior, befitting of how ruthless she was in persecuting her husband's lovers. Peacock appears twice, as both a color an a gene, because peacocks are sacred to Hera; the eye pattern on their tails are said to be the eyes of one of her beloved servants, Argus, who was killed by Hermes on order of Zeus when he was tasked with guarding one of Zeus' lovers. This is also why multigaze was chosen, both to represent Argus and the fact that Hera had a seemingly uncanny ability to know exactly who her husband is philandering. Purple was chosen for the eyes because of the color's connections to royalty, and arcane was chosen because it is a prettier shade of purple pink compared to shadow's almost black. Sorry shadows.
Hera
dragon?age=1&body=144&bodygene=7&breed=2&element=9&eyetype=5&gender=1&tert=109&tertgene=24&winggene=20&wings=134&auth=5468d910fe8850e99a044c5352af748dfeb3bb3c&dummyext=prev.png
Peridot Crystal
Peacock Bee
Bubblegum Peacock
Arcane Multigaze

Hera is a Guardian to symbolize her role as guardian of marriages. In mythology, however, her defying characteristic was her jealousy. Such, greens were picked since green is the color of envy, while the genes of crystal and bee were picked to give Hera a cold, hard exterior, befitting of how ruthless she was in persecuting her husband's lovers. Peacock appears twice, as both a color an a gene, because peacocks are sacred to Hera; the eye pattern on their tails are said to be the eyes of one of her beloved servants, Argus, who was killed by Hermes on order of Zeus when he was tasked with guarding one of Zeus' lovers. This is also why multigaze was chosen, both to represent Argus and the fact that Hera had a seemingly uncanny ability to know exactly who her husband is philandering. Purple was chosen for the eyes because of the color's connections to royalty, and arcane was chosen because it is a prettier shade of purple pink compared to shadow's almost black. Sorry shadows.
1WhYQHt.png
[center][b]Ares[/b][/center] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=97&bodygene=17&breed=3&element=11&eyetype=6&gender=0&tert=121&tertgene=15&winggene=17&wings=83&auth=eda7614b5e3d527013e3bd56cd8d688b26e48f2d&dummyext=prev.png[/img] I don't know much about Ares, other than he's the God of war or conflict. So I've gone with a Mirror, because they are known for their savagery. The Metallic/Alloy genes set represents armor, with Antique for his body colour and the wings being Bronze to represent an ancient shield. I chose Sanguine (blood-red, because, you know, violence and war equals blood) Scales for the tertiary, as this looks like a set of armor - vambrace, greaves, cuirass and helm. And finally, I went with the Fire Primal eyes as one of his symbols is the flaming torch.
Ares

dragon?age=1&body=97&bodygene=17&breed=3&element=11&eyetype=6&gender=0&tert=121&tertgene=15&winggene=17&wings=83&auth=eda7614b5e3d527013e3bd56cd8d688b26e48f2d&dummyext=prev.png

I don't know much about Ares, other than he's the God of war or conflict. So I've gone with a Mirror, because they are known for their savagery. The Metallic/Alloy genes set represents armor, with Antique for his body colour and the wings being Bronze to represent an ancient shield.
I chose Sanguine (blood-red, because, you know, violence and war equals blood) Scales for the tertiary, as this looks like a set of armor - vambrace, greaves, cuirass and helm. And finally, I went with the Fire Primal eyes as one of his symbols is the flaming torch.
Ink wash brush-style art of three red and gold Wildclaws performing a dragon dance with a green Auraboa puppet, with text for Nature's Year of the Wood Dragon push. D9tBovl.png w8o0xW1.png
[center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=163&bodygene=10&breed=2&element=10&eyetype=6&gender=1&tert=121&tertgene=24&winggene=26&wings=45&auth=44a3db086af63d7eaff255195cc461c9a7db162d&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] For [b]Hera[/b], I decided to have a Guardian represent her due to the breed's regal silhouette. The Cream Cherub was meant to lend her a certain warmth, while also being a nod to one of her symbols (the falcon). The Gold Edged incorporates one of her purported colors while also carrying on the feathered theme of the Primary. Next, the Sanguine Peacock is meant to be another nod towards two of her symbols (the pomegranate and the peacock). And finally, the Nature Primal eyes were chosen for three reasons: 1. Alongside the pomegranate reference, the Nature element is meant to be a nod towards fertility; after all, Hera is the greek goddess of women, marriage, childbirth, and families. 2. The flowers that are curling around her head are used to give the impression of a bride, along with continuing on with the fertility theme. 3. Given Hera's rather infamously jealous and vengeful behaviour, specifically towards Zeus' many lovers and the resulting children, I believed that green eyes would be fitting for her...
dragon?age=1&body=163&bodygene=10&breed=2&element=10&eyetype=6&gender=1&tert=121&tertgene=24&winggene=26&wings=45&auth=44a3db086af63d7eaff255195cc461c9a7db162d&dummyext=prev.png

For Hera, I decided to have a Guardian represent her due to the breed's regal silhouette. The Cream Cherub was meant to lend her a certain warmth, while also being a nod to one of her symbols (the falcon). The Gold Edged incorporates one of her purported colors while also carrying on the feathered theme of the Primary.

Next, the Sanguine Peacock is meant to be another nod towards two of her symbols (the pomegranate and the peacock). And finally, the Nature Primal eyes were chosen for three reasons:

1. Alongside the pomegranate reference, the Nature element is meant to be a nod towards fertility; after all, Hera is the greek goddess of women, marriage, childbirth, and families.

2. The flowers that are curling around her head are used to give the impression of a bride, along with continuing on with the fertility theme.

3. Given Hera's rather infamously jealous and vengeful behaviour, specifically towards Zeus' many lovers and the resulting children, I believed that green eyes would be fitting for her...
nMkuik2.gifsNtd9Dk.gif4AJs72V.pngl9DOymq.pngsNtd9Dk.gifRz7ZJcJ.png
[center][font=georgia][size=5]Hera, Goddess of Marriage[/size] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=159&bodygene=14&breed=4&element=11&eyetype=6&gender=1&tert=59&tertgene=12&winggene=5&wings=10&auth=2e7d8b618ff576ea9a3d7be500b41ca22131830b&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [size=3][i]Pearlcatcher Female / Blush Jupiter / Obsidian Seraph / Crimson Stained / Fire Primal[/i][/size] [font=georgia][size=4]Hera is the goddess of marriage and protects all married women as the queen of Olympus. Her Roman counterpart, Juno, the wife of Jupiter, is honored on her skin with dancing lines of pink, the color of love and marriage. However, Hera is not all brightness and purity, as one of her distinguishing qualities is her endless jealousy of Zeus' other lovers. This jealousy stained her permanently, and Hera harbors something deeply darkened and disturbed without anyone knowing. It began with the pomegranates, one of which she holds in her hands. A symbol of death and blood, Hera started growing them in the gardens of Olympus. And then, unknown to many, Hera was the mother to the creature known as the Typhaon, one of the most deadly monsters in Greek mythology.[/size] [rule] [size=3][font=georgia](In other words, I chose blush as her primary for her being a love and marital figure and Jupiter for the Roman's Juno. The fire primal eyes show her fiery, darker side, as well as blood stained, which I feel is a very deceptive gene in that you can hardly tell it's there unless you look at the dragon's genes! In this way, Hera has been "stained" crimson [one of the colors of jealousy and evil] however few people recognize it. I made her a pearlcatcher for the [s]pearl[/s] pomegranate, and gave her black seraph because she was the mother of Typhaon, an evil, winged creature.)
Hera, Goddess of Marriage

dragon?age=1&body=159&bodygene=14&breed=4&element=11&eyetype=6&gender=1&tert=59&tertgene=12&winggene=5&wings=10&auth=2e7d8b618ff576ea9a3d7be500b41ca22131830b&dummyext=prev.png
Pearlcatcher Female / Blush Jupiter / Obsidian Seraph / Crimson Stained / Fire Primal

Hera is the goddess of marriage and protects all married women as the queen of Olympus. Her Roman counterpart, Juno, the wife of Jupiter, is honored on her skin with dancing lines of pink, the color of love and marriage.

However, Hera is not all brightness and purity, as one of her distinguishing qualities is her endless jealousy of Zeus' other lovers. This jealousy stained her permanently, and Hera harbors something deeply darkened and disturbed without anyone knowing.

It began with the pomegranates, one of which she holds in her hands. A symbol of death and blood, Hera started growing them in the gardens of Olympus. And then, unknown to many, Hera was the mother to the creature known as the Typhaon, one of the most deadly monsters in Greek mythology.

(In other words, I chose blush as her primary for her being a love and marital figure and Jupiter for the Roman's Juno. The fire primal eyes show her fiery, darker side, as well as blood stained, which I feel is a very deceptive gene in that you can hardly tell it's there unless you look at the dragon's genes! In this way, Hera has been "stained" crimson [one of the colors of jealousy and evil] however few people recognize it. I made her a pearlcatcher for the pearl pomegranate, and gave her black seraph because she was the mother of Typhaon, an evil, winged creature.)
P3QILmB.gif ___

she/her - writer - FR+0
but who prays for lucifer?
who in eighteen centuries,
has had the common humanity
to pray for the one sinner
that needed it most?

-- Mark Twain
____ P3kLLBM.png ___
[img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=163&bodygene=1&breed=13&element=1&eyetype=8&gender=1&tert=72&tertgene=24&winggene=24&wings=163&auth=bd0d38d4ba67dd69ed8bdd29d8665c887423365b&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Skydancer because of their cultural emphasis to make connections, which seems fitting for a goddess of marriage and family. Earth because its grounding nature seems fitting for the same reasons. Cream primary/secondary because it's a color that makes me think of infancy/child rearing, and because the cream noxtide fades to a nice pomegranate color, one of her symbols. Finally, peacock because it's the symbol most associated with her, and since the tert is wine it looks somewhat like pomegranate seeds.
dragon?age=1&body=163&bodygene=1&breed=13&element=1&eyetype=8&gender=1&tert=72&tertgene=24&winggene=24&wings=163&auth=bd0d38d4ba67dd69ed8bdd29d8665c887423365b&dummyext=prev.png
Skydancer because of their cultural emphasis to make connections, which seems fitting for a goddess of marriage and family.
Earth because its grounding nature seems fitting for the same reasons.
Cream primary/secondary because it's a color that makes me think of infancy/child rearing, and because the cream noxtide fades to a nice pomegranate color, one of her symbols. Finally, peacock because it's the symbol most associated with her, and since the tert is wine it looks somewhat like pomegranate seeds.
CiEKpcm.png
Hera, goddess of marriage/family--wife of Zeus--usually depicted with a peacock. When she appeared in dragon form wouldn't it be fitting for the peacock to be represented? I see her in Grecian style attire of white satin (crystal and facet being satin like) and royal satin with peacock accents in the form of the Coalt dragon for it's bird-like and feminine features. Finally, Nature eyes with Multi-gaze feature represent a mother who sees all--eyes in the back of her head--and for obvious reasons, Nature for the basic natural birthing of others. [img]https://journeyingtothegoddess.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/hera_by_tygodym-d3d6c6e.jpg?w=384&h=561.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=7&breed=12&element=10&eyetype=5&gender=1&tert=117&tertgene=24&winggene=8&wings=18&auth=740778aa84ae3cb6486aec89040f95933e45de1d&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Breed: Coalt Gender: Female Primary Gene: Crystal Primary Color: White Secondary Gene: Facet Secondary Color: Royal Tertiary Gene: Peacock Tertiary Color: Cerelian Element: Nature Eye Type: Mult-Gaze

Hera, goddess of marriage/family--wife of Zeus--usually depicted with a peacock. When she appeared in dragon form wouldn't it be fitting for the peacock to be represented? I see her in Grecian style attire of white satin (crystal and facet being satin like) and royal satin with peacock accents in the form of the Coalt dragon for it's bird-like and feminine features. Finally, Nature eyes with Multi-gaze feature represent a mother who sees all--eyes in the back of her head--and for obvious reasons, Nature for the basic natural birthing of others.

hera_by_tygodym-d3d6c6e.jpg?w=384&h=561.png

dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=7&breed=12&element=10&eyetype=5&gender=1&tert=117&tertgene=24&winggene=8&wings=18&auth=740778aa84ae3cb6486aec89040f95933e45de1d&dummyext=prev.png

Breed: Coalt
Primary Gene: Crystal
Primary Color: White
Secondary Gene: Facet
Secondary Color: Royal
Tertiary Gene: Peacock
Tertiary Color: Cerelian
Element: Nature
Eye Type: Mult-Gaze
bsj_scrying_contest_pin.png
[img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=139&bodygene=17&breed=4&element=11&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=134&tertgene=24&winggene=13&wings=160&auth=96640df8b1eb67eabfad38aef1137c9ff3a3efb9&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Beware, beware the jealous wife Who lives in Zeus’s shade [b]As gentle as a butterfly And deadly as a blade[/b] Bedecked in [b]royal burgundy[/b] She [b]burns[/b] with tears of hate To see her husband sleep around And leave her up to fate. [b]With all the eyes on peacocks’ tails[/b] She watches o’er us all And who should be the victim Who, under her, will fall.
dragon?age=1&body=139&bodygene=17&breed=4&element=11&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=134&tertgene=24&winggene=13&wings=160&auth=96640df8b1eb67eabfad38aef1137c9ff3a3efb9&dummyext=prev.png

Beware, beware the jealous wife
Who lives in Zeus’s shade
As gentle as a butterfly
And deadly as a blade

Bedecked in royal burgundy
She burns with tears of hate
To see her husband sleep around
And leave her up to fate.

With all the eyes on peacocks’ tails
She watches o’er us all
And who should be the victim
Who, under her, will fall.