Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Pandora's Mirror [BSJ 19] Submissions
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
[center][b]Hades[/b][/center] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=176&bodygene=39&breed=17&element=7&eyetype=4&gender=0&tert=12&tertgene=33&winggene=39&wings=12&auth=9226850508bdc6386b2ec64a406a1fedd198f405&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Hades, God of the Underworld, ruler of the dead, who was very particular never to let a soul leave his kingdom. Well, that has to be a Gaoler, doesn't it?! This breed also works, because then you've got the genes Phantom and Spirit, representing the souls of the dead. I've also used Scorpion for the tertiary, as one of Hades' symbols is the serpent. With regards to colours, I've kept it simple with Eldritch (otherworldly, weird, ghostly, or uncanny) and Shadow, which are fitting (gloom just wasn't gloomy enough!). I've also gone with Shadow Faceted eyes. PS I actually like this look on the girl gaoler better, but thought it would be weird to use a female dragon for Hades.
Hades

dragon?age=1&body=176&bodygene=39&breed=17&element=7&eyetype=4&gender=0&tert=12&tertgene=33&winggene=39&wings=12&auth=9226850508bdc6386b2ec64a406a1fedd198f405&dummyext=prev.png

Hades, God of the Underworld, ruler of the dead, who was very particular never to let a soul leave his kingdom. Well, that has to be a Gaoler, doesn't it?! This breed also works, because then you've got the genes Phantom and Spirit, representing the souls of the dead. I've also used Scorpion for the tertiary, as one of Hades' symbols is the serpent.

With regards to colours, I've kept it simple with Eldritch (otherworldly, weird, ghostly, or uncanny) and Shadow, which are fitting (gloom just wasn't gloomy enough!). I've also gone with Shadow Faceted eyes.

PS I actually like this look on the girl gaoler better, but thought it would be weird to use a female dragon for Hades.
Ink wash brush-style art of three red and gold Wildclaws performing a dragon dance with a green Auraboa puppet, with text for Nature's Year of the Wood Dragon push. D9tBovl.png w8o0xW1.png
[img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=131&bodygene=17&breed=8&element=1&eyetype=3&gender=0&tert=86&tertgene=21&winggene=20&wings=140&auth=1110c86b5b426346a34463e0a72a65eecc6c18ba&dummyext=prev.png[/img] The black-and-white nature of Orca reflects the bone and shadow of the Underworld, while his Metals secondary, Metallic primary, and Filigree tert reflect his association with wealth and the riches of the earth. At the same time, the glossy nature of these genes creates an impression of lifelessness. Ruby resembles a spill of blood, while the gems in the Filigree bring in a colour that resembles Mint, one of his signature plants. He has Earth eyes for his position in the Underworld and his association with gems, precious metals, and bones. He is an Imperial due to their unique interaction with death.
dragon?age=1&body=131&bodygene=17&breed=8&element=1&eyetype=3&gender=0&tert=86&tertgene=21&winggene=20&wings=140&auth=1110c86b5b426346a34463e0a72a65eecc6c18ba&dummyext=prev.png

The black-and-white nature of Orca reflects the bone and shadow of the Underworld, while his Metals secondary, Metallic primary, and Filigree tert reflect his association with wealth and the riches of the earth. At the same time, the glossy nature of these genes creates an impression of lifelessness. Ruby resembles a spill of blood, while the gems in the Filigree bring in a colour that resembles Mint, one of his signature plants. He has Earth eyes for his position in the Underworld and his association with gems, precious metals, and bones. He is an Imperial due to their unique interaction with death.
hXx1ctn.png1st_Place.pngegkPazK.png7XI1FUO.pngzMlwDtk.png3rdterra100_by_aavanaa-db6hwka.pngVZ1FSMH.png
[center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=9&bodygene=17&breed=10&element=6&eyetype=8&gender=0&tert=176&tertgene=19&winggene=20&wings=2&auth=72754d3db124ead322e0e6d35d8ed262a55d286f&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] [sub]Unfortunately missed the last 2 day, but here's Hades! I would have loved to make him a Gaoler, because, well, being known for strictly imprisoning other's in the underworld... But the genes I wanted were not available, so in the end I decided to go with Wildclaws, because Hades is frequently described as known for his strength & Wildclaws (along with Ridgebacks) are the breed with the highest initial strength. Another reason is that Hades is not only the god of the underworld, but also is often depicted with a Cornucopia (? needed to google the english word) which stands for fertility, riches & abundance. All of those not only associated with Hades, but also Nature (flight). I think its really nice how Hades & Wildclaws share those very different associations of danger & death but also abundant life. Black Metallic was chosen for one of his epithets "Kyanochaites" meaning black (like many of those associated with him, haha...) but this particular one describes a metallic or shimmering kind of black. Plus, the muscles are more visible, further supporting his attrbute of strentgh. White Bee is the closest we can get to his symbol of invisibility, like he just put on his cap and his frame slowly starts fading, maybe. Also the combination of black/white further supporting the contrast of some very negative & some very positive associations. Smirch for the Tert, as in art his face is often obsured or shadowed, due to the invisibility trait. I was torn between Antique, Eldritch & Midnight for a color, all of which are probably obvious, but found a dark one fit better & chose Eldritch for being a very fitting word that was not yet displayed via another trait & because of the sliiight greenish tinge for Nature again. Dark Sclera is pretty & supports the shadowed face feeling, Ice blends in well into his looks + being an Ice dragon fits his personality as a strict, stern & rather cold character. (The fiery associations only came later, from christian influence I think?) That was long, haha, but I kinda love this scry.
dragon?age=1&body=9&bodygene=17&breed=10&element=6&eyetype=8&gender=0&tert=176&tertgene=19&winggene=20&wings=2&auth=72754d3db124ead322e0e6d35d8ed262a55d286f&dummyext=prev.png

Unfortunately missed the last 2 day, but here's Hades!

I would have loved to make him a Gaoler, because, well, being known for strictly imprisoning other's in the underworld... But the genes I wanted were not available, so in the end I decided to go with Wildclaws, because Hades is frequently described as known for his strength & Wildclaws (along with Ridgebacks) are the breed with the highest initial strength.
Another reason is that Hades is not only the god of the underworld, but also is often depicted with a Cornucopia (? needed to google the english word) which stands for fertility, riches & abundance. All of those not only associated with Hades, but also Nature (flight). I think its really nice how Hades & Wildclaws share those very different associations of danger & death but also abundant life.

Black Metallic was chosen for one of his epithets "Kyanochaites" meaning black (like many of those associated with him, haha...) but this particular one describes a metallic or shimmering kind of black. Plus, the muscles are more visible, further supporting his attrbute of strentgh.

White Bee is the closest we can get to his symbol of invisibility, like he just put on his cap and his frame slowly starts fading, maybe.
Also the combination of black/white further supporting the contrast of some very negative & some very positive associations.

Smirch for the Tert, as in art his face is often obsured or shadowed, due to the invisibility trait.
I was torn between Antique, Eldritch & Midnight for a color, all of which are probably obvious, but found a dark one fit better & chose Eldritch for being a very fitting word that was not yet displayed via another trait & because of the sliiight greenish tinge for Nature again.

Dark Sclera is pretty & supports the shadowed face feeling, Ice blends in well into his looks + being an Ice dragon fits his personality as a strict, stern & rather cold character. (The fiery associations only came later, from christian influence I think?)

That was long, haha, but I kinda love this scry.
  • FR+9
  • 29y/o
  • they/them
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/YRmbvgq.png[/img] [size= 6]Epilouge[/size] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2703302/1#post_2703302]About[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2703302/1#post_39391492]Rules[/url] | Story | [url= http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2703302/1#post_39395882]Prizes[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2703302/1#post_39395888]Thanks and Badges[/url] [quote= Epilogue]Hades, after greeting himself, would bow and fade into a black fog yet again. Mijo, with shaky breath, padded to the mirror, which was shining from inside with some unseen light. The tundra stared into it, waiting to see his own face. He didn't- not quick enough. His paw lifted, and the mirror's surface shattered into several pieces, every one of which Mijo was thankful he was able to break. He didn't know what else could be living within that mirror, and he didn't want to know.[/quote] Thank you all so much for participating in the Pandora's Mirror Scrying Challenge! I honestly can't thank you all enough for making my first BSJ event a total success. The winners are still being decided upon, but as soon as we've finished deciding them all they'll be posted and prizes will be sent out. If you [b]don't[/b] want to remain on the pinglist for the winners, then please remove yourself from the [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-HHPgPyF_xLZBqETuR-qM_nQEGIlkBydV3nNu2ol5Qc]pinglist[/url]. I hope everyone had a wonderful BSJ! -Pinglist snapped-
YRmbvgq.png

Epilouge

About | Rules | Story | Prizes | Thanks and Badges
Epilogue wrote:
Hades, after greeting himself, would bow and fade into a black fog yet again. Mijo, with shaky breath, padded to the mirror, which was shining from inside with some unseen light. The tundra stared into it, waiting to see his own face.

He didn't- not quick enough.

His paw lifted, and the mirror's surface shattered into several pieces, every one of which Mijo was thankful he was able to break. He didn't know what else could be living within that mirror, and he didn't want to know.

Thank you all so much for participating in the Pandora's Mirror Scrying Challenge! I honestly can't thank you all enough for making my first BSJ event a total success. The winners are still being decided upon, but as soon as we've finished deciding them all they'll be posted and prizes will be sent out.

If you don't want to remain on the pinglist for the winners, then please remove yourself from the pinglist.
I hope everyone had a wonderful BSJ!

-Pinglist snapped-
Bast
She/her
Was Bast6415
54149505.png be a chad dragon enjoyer. yes im begging for likes wyd
this has been so fun! if you ever arrange any other events like this, please let me know!
this has been so fun! if you ever arrange any other events like this, please let me know!
tumblr_puyi19gS0K1ta9vl4o9_r1_500.png
tumblr_puyi19gS0K1ta9vl4o10_r1_500.png
tumblr_puyi19gS0K1ta9vl4o7_r1_500.png
tumblr_puyi19gS0K1ta9vl4o8_r1_500.png
This was a blast to participate in! Thank you so much for hosting

I'm curious who the winners will be, especially the Zeus one. There were so many good submissions.
This was a blast to participate in! Thank you so much for hosting

I'm curious who the winners will be, especially the Zeus one. There were so many good submissions.
3Mji0Ul.png
This was so much fun, and great to see everyone's entries. Thank you!
This was so much fun, and great to see everyone's entries. Thank you!
OMG!!! So much fun! This was something I looked forward to every day not just to exercise my own creativity but to see what everyone else came up with both in their dragons and in their story-lines. Thanks, everyone.
OMG!!! So much fun! This was something I looked forward to every day not just to exercise my own creativity but to see what everyone else came up with both in their dragons and in their story-lines. Thanks, everyone.
bsj_scrying_contest_pin.png
[quote= Pinglist]@francissmz @cyranelle @gaymiens @Alastriona1 @Midwinter @Pufferheart @CPFG44 @Qumack @Kazure @AchromaticSpark @Elixiri @EmeraldHalftail @jbapple @ @Oxyzee @Korwa @RemanLT @avocado333 @SilverQuark @Wonderlast @TheExorcist @beepboopitsme @Fortuna @7BlueZebras @JJStarrNerdGirl @ryttu3k @MandragoraAutumn @Lundlaeva @BlackRayser @HelianthusNox @zedetta @Juxta13 @SilentRiver @ahzidal @LoversMasque @Paladingineer @divitineo @DarkWolf133 @Saraceaser @idlewildly @Cheshly @Alliope @acechaser @MarinaQuakenbush @Jaxmyne @Snicket @Bakenekodesu @VioletWhirlwind @PorcelainChina @dd2900 @FelinaeFatale @clanguardian @Sidegrinder @NicoleEirin @lilystar6 @riseandshine @ponds @SkyDancer10 @brighteningskies @Goldia @PaigeBoi @Mango123 @Helva[/quote] The winners for Days 1-3 are up! Days 4-6 and the grand winner are still being chosen! [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2703302/1#post_39406762]One[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2703302/1#post_39406790]Two and Three[/url]

The winners for Days 1-3 are up! Days 4-6 and the grand winner are still being chosen!

One | Two and Three
Bast
She/her
Was Bast6415
54149505.png be a chad dragon enjoyer. yes im begging for likes wyd
Congrats to the winners so far! Those scries look amazing :D
Congrats to the winners so far! Those scries look amazing :D
NFJCNCS.gif UBaiWUV.png
bYt72YT.png
rUoKR6y.png
YMPbu9R.png
BY1bl09.png ZFAfDzf.png eVSz2yG.png